Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: epsom salts - how much?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Default Answered: epsom salts - how much?

hey people..
    ive recently found my plants are lacking magnesium and are showing some stress on the lower leaves.
    done a little bit searching and found the quickest and easyest way to resolve this is epsom salts, i have got my hands on a 1kg bag of this stuff however im a little unsure how much i need.

my system is flood and drain with the seperate brain pot, i was thinking of dropping some epsom salt into the brain pot and flood the system to give the plants a quick boost

my pots are 10ltr, brain pot is 20ltr and resivour is 100ltr - can you guys give me a rough guide as to how much i should drop in and if i should drop it in the res?

cheers people
    ken

2. "yip or you could give them a 1/2 dose if you want to see how that goes, i add it to my res all the time as my water is really soft and i nearly allways suffer from mg deff when they are young, just be carefull though coz it will mess with your ec with it being salts"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times
    Provided Answers: 222

1 litre of foliar feeding then use 1 teaspoon and if your adding it to your feed then 1 teaspoon per 4 litres, allways dissolve it in a cup of warm water first

Thanks

that does seem like a lot, im a little frightened incase i kill them - there my babys
    just about to flip em 12/12

so if i have say 90ltrs in there with nutes already in im looking at 20 teaspoons

Thanks

yip or you could give them a 1/2 dose if you want to see how that goes, i add it to my res all the time as my water is really soft and i nearly allways suffer from mg deff when they are young, just be carefull though coz it will mess with your ec with it being salts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (04-01-12)

Thanks

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...nt-Abuse-Chart scroll down to magnesium on that chart mate, read for yourself

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (04-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times
    Provided Answers: 10

Also don't add it straight to your tank. The salts will take ages to disolve and may clog any pipes up. Best to dilute the epsom salts in some warm water first before adding it to your main tank. The salts will disolve quicker in warm water.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (04-01-12)

Thanks

thanks lads, some good advice there!!
    i might add a couple of teaspoons into the brain tank and give them a quick boost then ill get the rest mixed up on the main res...
    ill take your advice pieman and al do half strength.

my water was tested last year sometime and it was soft/medium.

big thanx for your advice

Thanks

added 10 teaspoons in there, ec went from 1.40 up to 1.80 topped tank up with some fresh water then dropped downt to 1.60 (nothing to worry about)
    plants are getting thristy now and i hope this epsom salts does the trick - !!

Thanks

i,d just keep a close eye on your ec , make sure its not too strong and does,nt rise , i,d just give them 48 hours with the salts then flush them then start with fresh nutes

Thanks

yeh i get you pieman, ive just flipped 12/12 and i still need to change my nutes from veg to flower so ill do it all together FINGERS CROSSED.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast