Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pollen sacs

Thanks

Default Pollen sacs

Hello everyone I have a fem seed plant well into flowering and starting to grow buds and today I noticed it started growing pollen sacs on most of the buds, I’ve picked them all with a tweezers I’m wondering what’s the best thing to do as I’d hate to throw it away if the buds keep getting bigger il keep it! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NKBongs For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by NKBongs View Post

Hello everyone I have a fem seed plant well into flowering and starting to grow buds and today I noticed it started growing pollen sacs on most of the buds, I’ve picked them all with a tweezers I’m wondering what’s the best thing to do as I’d hate to throw it away if the buds keep getting bigger il keep it! Cheers

feed it to the sheep...........or wash the bugger into oil ach y fi bach.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

dr green thumbs (02-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), NKBongs (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by NKBongs View Post

Have you got pictures of the bits you’re plucking off the plant. You sure they are pollen sacks and not swollen calxys 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), MrEnigma (03-05-18), MRJIMMY2017 (03-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Have you got pictures of the bits you’re plucking off the plant. You sure they are pollen sacks and not swollen calxys 😃🇬🇧

Hi I haven’t any good pictures I plucked them soon as I saw them, I used reversal spray on a branch and that grew pollen and it looks similar, il get a better picture when a few more pop out

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NKBongs For This Useful Post:

British green (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NKBongs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Definitely bananas you have growing there nkbongs . How long do you have left in flower ? If I was you I’d just keep removing them as diligently as possible. Don’t let them open and remove them and bin them. If you use a pair of tweezers slightly wet the ends as you pluck them helping to reduce as spread of pollen. What strain and breeder are the seeds from?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-18), NKBongs (03-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Definitely bananas you have growing there nkbongs . How long do you have left in flower ? If I was you I’d just keep removing them as diligently as possible. Don’t let them open and remove them and bin them. If you use a pair of tweezers slightly wet the ends as you pluck them helping to reduce as spread of pollen. What strain and breeder are the seeds from?

Thanks for replying I’m not to sure on how long left but tomorrow will be 7 weeks since the start of 12-12 cycle, thanks a lot it would be such a waste throwing away as they was in veg an extra month due to light leaks

The strain is Girl Scout cookies and was a free seed so I don’t know anything about it just says additional free fem girl on the little container and I got it from seed city

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NKBongs For This Useful Post:

British green (03-05-18), CityDweller (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks

More than likely the light leaks you had in veg has caused the stress which in turn has made her produce the bananas. I’m sure it takes around four weeks for a seed to be fully mature after pollination. So just be as diligent as possible removing them and you should be fine but still with the possibility of finding the obvious seed . Remember to remove and bin as you don’t want them drying out and opening within the room after you have picked them off .

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Sorry to see that you are plagued with nanners. I am curious to see how this works out if you keep plucking and take it to the end. They say these are caused by stress but in my 5 years growing I have never see one myself. I tend to be very rough in plant training and this is never a problem for me. This makes me wonder if it is only certain types of stress that will cause a plant to hermie? Good luck!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Sorry to see that you are plagued with nanners. I am curious to see how this works out if you keep plucking and take it to the end. They say these are caused by stress but in my 5 years growing I have never see one myself. I tend to be very rough in plant training and this is never a problem for me. This makes me wonder if it is only certain types of stress that will cause a plant to hermie? Good luck!
    Mainly light leaks cause issues like this but low stress training almost guarantees this won’t happen. Remembering that this is also built into the dna of the plant as a last ditch attempt of self preservation and right at least he end of life its natural for her too try self pollination for survival 😃🇬🇧

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), WhIpLaSh (03-05-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast