Thread: Second opinion?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

Default Answered: Second opinion?

So I was in my grow tent this morning doing a bit defol and lst and finished up and brought my leaves down to check for pests as I do every couple of days and found this on a leaf, I don’t know what it is if it’s even anything to worry about, just asking because my plants have been suffering holes and tears in leaves and couldnt find anything until now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "From the pic looks like a young 2 spotted spider mite plus looks like there is a egg on the leaf to. Get some white paper place under the plants and give them a good shake then inspect what has fallen on the paper with a magnifying glass or device. If it is mites and you live in the uk a great treatment for removing them is BugClear Fruit and veg. it is organic and is made from plant oils and extracts. Oh and its not over priced like a few aimed at canna growers are."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

From the pic looks like a young 2 spotted spider mite plus looks like there is a egg on the leaf to. Get some white paper place under the plants and give them a good shake then inspect what has fallen on the paper with a magnifying glass or device. If it is mites and you live in the uk a great treatment for removing them is BugClear Fruit and veg. it is organic and is made from plant oils and extracts. Oh and its not over priced like a few aimed at canna growers are.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

British green (12-05-19), CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19), ggotch (12-05-19), happyjack (12-05-19), WWBB (12-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    From the pic looks like a young 2 spotted spider mite plus looks like there is a egg on the leaf to. Get some white paper place under the plants and give them a good shake then inspect what has fallen on the paper with a magnifying glass or device. If it is mites and you live in the uk a great treatment for removing them is BugClear Fruit and veg. it is organic and is made from plant oils and extracts. Oh and its not over priced like a few aimed at canna growers are.
    Going up to shake plants now will update thank you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    I’ve shook the plants and nothings landed on the paper at all totally clear.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19), kbag (12-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

Quote Originally Posted by HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 View Post
    I’ve shook the plants and nothings landed on the paper at all totally clear.

Well that is good news better safe than sorry though.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (12-05-19), lipnobody (12-05-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 8

Mate

As kbag said that stuff works well, always at this time of year start preventative spraying every couple of weeks, only the first week or two of flower in veg it’s ok.

I normally just do a light spray of the base of the pots this seems to keep the nastys away I find. Good job you caught early I lost a crop to bugs not taking it seriously brought in on my clothes and bang plant eaten till she would grow no more.

Good luck and enjoy your fruits

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (12-05-19), kbag (12-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

As kbag said that stuff works well, always at this time of year start preventative spraying every couple of weeks, only the first week or two of flower in veg it’s ok.

I normally just do a light spray of the base of the pots this seems to keep the nastys away I find. Good job you caught early I lost a crop to bugs not taking it seriously brought in on my clothes and bang plant eaten till she would grow no more.

Good luck and enjoy your fruits
    I’ve already sprayed the pots and around the tent about 10 days ago done all vents and socks too I’m going to give it another go just waiting on some more castille soap because I spilled the rest I had lol

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (12-05-19), WWBB (18-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Spider mite eggs . Eradicate now man . Pyrethrin . Or Cayenne pepper spray

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-05-19), GEORGE (24-05-19)