Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is now a good time to petition the government about Cannabis in the UK?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

Default Is now a good time to petition the government about Cannabis in the UK?

So, we've had a week when the political landscape in the UK has changed quite dramatically. The government has a tiny majority of MP's - is this a great time to start another one of those House of Commons petitions to get a debate on the legalisation, or at least the decriminalisation of weed?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysticjim For This Useful Post:

British green (10-07-17), GEORGE (25-08-17), Hippy Crack (11-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,397 Times

I'd say it's always best to petition and protest about it when you haven't got a grow on.... just in case.... :-)
    "Senno Ecto Gammat "

"Yo Momma so fat, When she fell down the stairs, I thought EastEnders had finished."

Thankyou Ganjaholic for the graphic signature.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clarice_Starling For This Useful Post:

British green (10-07-17), GEORGE (25-08-17), Ironman (24-08-17), M_C (10-07-17), Valentina (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

I steer clear of all these things for exactly the reason Clarice mentions.

I understand that keeping quiet isn't 'helping the cause'. However, my reality is that I can grow & smoke as I want as things stand. I understand that it's illegal, I just don't worry about it.

So that's the way I see things ATM

To me, if it was legalised, then they would want to tax me somehow... probably have to buy a licence of some description to buy supplies? (Sorry, but I'm not going to pay for one)

So, as it stands, I have a hobby (with a very rewarding outcome ) that's cheap as chips to do. I come with zero antisocial behaviour & if you met me in the street, you'd never know!... and the government would love to tax me on this? I'll stick to illegal, thank you!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (10-07-17), EaZiE (25-08-17), GEORGE (25-08-17), Hippy Crack (11-07-17), Ironman (24-08-17), lipnobody (24-12-17)

Thanks

Legalisation of cannabis in the UK is a matter of "when", not "if" in my opinion. It's not even just about improving accessibility of cannabis. Legalisation will bring improvements to the economy, and western medicine. The government is a shambles at the moment and BREXIT is on the horizon, so I don't see cannabis legalisation being anywhere near the top of the agenda at the moment, so may not be worth petitioning just now. Let's make some noise in 2-3 years time once our political landscape is clearer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrthccbd For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

It wont make a difference. Your hardly going to have a productive debate from people who already dislike it and make wild claims regarding it's use.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17), ggotch (24-08-17)

Bddonkey Guest

When the uk government see how much the states are making then they will pay attention & start tweeking things but like mc says it still won't be a free for all they will want to make as much profit as possible!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bddonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17), Valentina (24-08-17)

Keeno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I steer clear of all these things for exactly the reason Clarice mentions.

I understand that keeping quiet isn't 'helping the cause'. However, my reality is that I can grow & smoke as I want as things stand. I understand that it's illegal, I just don't worry about it.

So that's the way I see things ATM

To me, if it was legalised, then they would want to tax me somehow... probably have to buy a licence of some description to buy supplies? (Sorry, but I'm not going to pay for one)

So, as it stands, I have a hobby (with a very rewarding outcome ) that's cheap as chips to do. I come with zero antisocial behaviour & if you met me in the street, you'd never know!... and the government would love to tax me on this? I'll stick to illegal, thank you!
    Totally agree. Think we be worse off if we were dodging tax as well. They lik their money. And for that reason now isnt the best time as with all thhe budget cuts i dont think there has been a safer time to grow. Best not draw attention when the answer will be no.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (25-08-17), GEORGE (25-08-17), M_C (24-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Buddonkey View Post
    When the uk government see how much the states are making then they will pay attention & start tweeking things but like mc says it still won't be a free for all they will want to make as much profit as possible!
    IMO they will start tweaking things but a full on legalisation or decriminalisation will not jive with how the powers that be want us to be different. The more sense the world sees, the more opposition there will be here.

Hate to be THAT PERSON, but I feel that the UK's legal situation will be turbulent, keeping us divided and going in circles until everything falls irreparably over.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17)

Bddonkey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    IMO they will start tweaking things but a full on legalisation or decriminalisation will not jive with how the powers that be want us to be different. The more sense the world sees, the more opposition there will be here.

Hate to be THAT PERSON, but I feel that the UK's legal situation will be turbulent, keeping us divided and going in circles until everything falls irreparably over.
    Hey valentina
    Everyone has their own point of view and each is plausible! Turbulent definately but also when the legal box is ticked i think so many growers will spring up the authorities will struggle beyond belief! Facebook is a powerful tool (as much as i hate it) & it has spread so many positive stories about cannabis, i can only see this progressing!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bddonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17), Trex (25-08-17), Valentina (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

I get you, Buddonkey!

How I would like any forward progression to be, is for reclassification for research to be conducted fairly; and for the public to be able to grow in peace if they want home grown; and, have doctors or herbalists that possess the necessary knowledge to prescribe and dispense, that way people have the option!

But the system we live in, is one which despite tangible scientific evidence has chosen to make cannabis illegal and punishable. That just boggles the mind to say the least.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-17), Trex (25-08-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast