Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seaweed ..

Thanks

Default Seaweed ..

Was wondering if seaweed extract would be good for cannabis as an additive
    and if it is when its better to use it during the plant life cycle
    im thinkin of adding a really small dose of it to my 1 week old seedlings PHd 0.2 EC water

this is what im using

Maxicrop Extract of Seaweed Organic Plant Growth Stimulant
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_82554.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	114541

if any had it or use anything like it please let us know the results

cheers

Thanks

SM3 The shizzle dude, maxicrop is also good

3. The Following User Says Thank You to keepitrocking For This Useful Post:

stickyM (11-06-12)

Thanks

P.S You can get SM3 Seeweed a bit cheaper than maxicrop if your ordering online aswell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keepitrocking For This Useful Post:

stickyM (11-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,327 Times

its a great thing to use when you end up with a magnesium deff as seaweed has a gd amount of magnesium in it. i personally use tomorite tomato plant food in very small doses spaced out through the flowering weeks of my grows keeping my plants in perfect condition keeping any problems away.
    ..Time Is Neva Wasted When Your Wasted All The Time..

Dont Forget To Vote In Plant Of The Month

blue-c's-black-rose-x-lemon stinky...finished dec 2012

Stoner's live stoner's die fuck the world lets get high!! pots a plant it grows in the ground
    if god didn't like it it wouldn't be around. so pack a bowl party hard and rock and roll
    to all you prep's who think your cool FUCK YOU!!! bitches stoner's rule

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue cheese For This Useful Post:

stickyM (11-06-12), tlh2496 (31-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Hey, sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyM View Post
    0.2 EC water

Seaweed is EXCELLENT for cannabis plants. BUT.. and it is a BIG but.. ONLY if you don't live in a very hard water area, or if you use an RO system to clean your water.

The reason for this is calcium. Hardwater has a lot of it, and so does seaweed extract. Add them together and you have a higher calcium to magnesium ration which leads to magnesium and possibly potassium being locked-out. So you'll see a deficiency.. and then start adding more food and epsoms to sort it out but it'll just get worse because the magnesium (that's not being used) will buildup and start locking out calcium (in return) and later on phosphorous.

With your low ec tapwater, however, you'll see great results with it as it contains so many good micronutrients and natural hormones that increase growth and add overall health but it's best used in veg.

You won't need to use it often, no more than once a week. Over-doing it will bring a host of other problems so go very easy on seaweed and any other additive.

But if used sparingly, it can be a hugely beneficial additive for weed plants.

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

Grover (10-06-12), stickyM (11-06-12), tlh2496 (31-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,435 Times

Hi Tabba, good to have you back! Interesting to read that about the seaweed extract. I have some that I was gonna use on my 1-month old but am thinking twice about it now coz I'm pretty sure the water is hard where I live. Need to check that somehow.
    Last edited by Grover; 10-06-12 at 03:01 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grover For This Useful Post:

stickyM (15-06-12), Tabbatha (10-06-12)

mellowed Guest

Believe it or not seaweed is also very good for stopping the effects of nutrient burn aswell. I got a sample from growexpo2011 after a few people told me this and I was having trouble with my plants after over feeding my ganja plants an bonsia trees. A dose of seaweed with water and the burning stopped BUT so did any growth aswell for about 2 weeks on my ganja plants but my bonsia trees didn't grow at all and dropped the leaves at the end of summer. They have come back strong this year though. Nobody knows how or why seaweed does this but it does work.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

stickyM (15-06-12), Tabbatha (10-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    Hi Tabba, good to have you back! Interesting to read that about the seaweed extract. I have some that I was gonna use on my 1-month old but am thinking twice about it now coz I'm pretty sure the water is hard where I live. Need to check that somehow.
    Cheers Groves.. good to see you still here too my man. You can probably still use it in hardwater areas.. my starting ec is now a whole 1, but I can juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussst about get away with using it at 0.25ml/ltr once.. and after that you can be sure I need to add mag to the soil.. but I do try to get at least one little dose in per plant-cycle. So if, say, your tapwater has an ec of anything up to 0.6.. I reckon you could safishly use about 0.5ml once in mid-veg.. but on its own without feed or other additives. In fact you may be able to use more depending on your water, but safer than sorry seems to best when we're growing tasty weed
    Even once is sufficient go get some good stuff into the soil.

It's just that bloody calcium buildup in the soil over time that locks-out mag and then potassium.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowed View Post
    Believe it or not seaweed is also very good for stopping the effects of nutrient burn aswell.
    That's actually been scientifically proven so you're right on that.. and it also works very well for relieving transplant shock (if given after the transplant) and also it helps with heat stress. Actually it does loads of good things if you can get more of it into the soil safely. I'll definitely be using more of it when I get better tapwater.

My houseplants love the stuff but they don't use anywhere as much mag as the proper girls.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

stickyM (11-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,435 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbatha View Post
    Cheers Groves.. good to see you still here too my man. You can probably still use it in hardwater areas.. my starting ec is now a whole 1, but I can juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussst about get away with using it at 0.25ml/ltr once.. and after that you can be sure I need to add mag to the soil.. but I do try to get at least one little dose in per plant-cycle. So if, say, your tapwater has an ec of anything up to 0.6.. I reckon you could safishly use about 0.5ml once in mid-veg.. but on its own without feed or other additives. In fact you may be able to use more depending on your water, but safer than sorry seems to best when we're growing tasty weed
    Even once is sufficient go get some good stuff into the soil.

It's just that bloody calcium buildup in the soil over time that locks-out mag and then potassium.
    Nice one Tabbs Well I think I'll give her a small dose at least once then and see how she likes it. I dont have an ec metre so no way of testing that.

OP sorry to jump in on your thread like that

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grover For This Useful Post:

stickyM (11-06-12), Tabbatha (10-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,615 Times

obviously (having read this thread) soil feeding using seaweed in hard water is something that should be done to a minimum, but out of curiosity would it have a similar build up and potential lock out of other nutes if it was fed via a foliage spray?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast