Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tap water ph ( united utilities )

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

All are water comes from fresh supplies from reservoirs and but isn?t affected by rain water topping them up . There should be a very good active dosing and monitoring system in place at the clean water pumping station keeping this in check. These places are actually few a far between and keep very very secure as it would be possible to poison the whole of the north west by getting into these places. The reservoirs are used as back pressure to the station as well as collection . Uu have hundreds of sites but 99.9% are water treatment works and not clean water. Most of the rain water from our streets roads etc etc end up in the water treatment works in huge storm tanks. Reservoirs are Generally topped up from rivers and the hills.

from a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18), Sadface (05-12-18), toblue (05-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I?m northwest under uu however our supply is from Wales
    Do you know what pumping station?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18), Sadface (05-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

I wouldn’t have a clue BG

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

British green (05-12-18), CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18)

Thanks

I know all about the under water reservoirs BG ..and security ,however I bet most don’t even give it a consideration eh

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You have pm BG

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

Providing the water you receive is in the range of values set, the water is fine and under control. Some of the ranges of what is accepted are very wide.

There would be no benefit for water companies to closely control our water, providing it's safe.

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (06-12-18), CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18), Sadface (05-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Providing the water you receive is in the range of values set, the water is fine and under control. Some of the ranges of what is accepted are very wide.

There would be no benefit for water companies to closely control our water, providing it's safe.

Current diary
    they need to closely control our water and monitor it too make sure it?s safe bro. Ya would be amazed at how much work and analysing goes into providing us a glass of water. The water companies have to keep samples for years just to prove it was safe . Most water companies are having massive upgrades after the incident that made most of Preston and Blackpool?s drinking water unsafe last year. They are installing massive uv water filter lights to kill the bacteria that can be present if something gets into the supply like it dead . I believe it was one dead rodent that caused them so much trouble. I can only speak for uu , Thames water , Welsh water and the seven Trent water companies tho

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (06-12-18), CityDweller (06-12-18), gardro (06-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18), Sadface (06-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    they need to closely control our water and monitor it too make sure it?s safe bro. Ya would be amazed at how much work and analysing goes into providing us a glass of water. The water companies have to keep samples for years just to prove it was safe . Most water companies are having massive upgrades after the incident that made most of Preston and Blackpool?s drinking water unsafe last year. They are installing massive uv water filter lights to kill the bacteria that can be present if something gets into the supply like it dead . I believe it was one dead rodent that caused them so much trouble. I can only speak for uu , Thames water , Welsh water and the seven Trent water companies tho

Very true mate I glad they do. I was meaning more along the lines of they don't alter the chemical composition or the pH to keep a tight control on that. I appreciate they keep it safe primarily

This brew tastes a bit shitty now I think of it

Current diary

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (06-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Very true mate I glad they do. I was meaning more along the lines of they don't alter the chemical composition or the pH to keep a tight control on that. I appreciate they keep it safe primarily

This brew tastes a bit shitty now I think of it

Current diary
    I?ve worked on and off water treatment works for years and years as a subcontractor and the places amazing me as much as they stink . From them generating more electricity than they need to run the station and pumping it back into the grid just from our shite . It surprised me how much heavy metals they pull out of our dirty water with centrifuges and what they do with the waste they cannot treat . It would amaze you where it ends up . Then there?s the clean water sites which are kept under lock and key , you need a chaperone at all times making sure you do not contaminate the supply.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (06-12-18), CityDweller (06-12-18), gardro (06-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18), Sadface (06-12-18), toblue (06-12-18), Trex (06-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I?ve worked on and off water treatment works for years and years as a subcontractor and the places amazing me as much as they stink . From them generating more electricity than they need to run the station and pumping it back into the grid just from our shite . It surprised me how much heavy metals they pull out of our dirty water with centrifuges and what they do with the waste they cannot treat . It would amaze you where it ends up . Then there?s the clean water sites which are kept under lock and key , you need a chaperone at all times making sure you do not contaminate the supply.

Nasty stuff that waste water, I used to go North West quite a lot and driving over that Barton flyover on M60 reeks man

Current diary

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (06-12-18), CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast