Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: How To Hempy Bucket

Thanks

Do you pack the bucket tight? How is this so better than a pot with drip at bottom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to captainplanet1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

no need to pack it tight you just tap the bucket a few times once you have the plant in it and it settles and once watered it compacts a bit more if you leave a inch at the top you can water much quicker
    how is this better than a dripper system? or over a pot with holes? this style keeps it simple is the point to this style, drippers you need a pump etc and pots with holes you need to water more often
    and this medium in pots with holes drys out far to quickly
    hope this is what you were asking bro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    no need to pack it tight you just tap the bucket a few times once you have the plant in it and it settles and once watered it compacts a bit more if you leave a inch at the top you can water much quicker
    how is this better than a dripper system? or over a pot with holes? this style keeps it simple is the point to this style, drippers you need a pump etc and pots with holes you need to water more often
    and this medium in pots with holes drys out far to quickly
    hope this is what you were asking bro
    I meant a regular pot lol u should make a youtube video explain this thing because me n alot people are interested and do use hydro nutes and how can u get more bud than regular hydro?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to captainplanet1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

HI
    yes any hydro nutes will work in hempys , i now use coco hempys i prefer it that way, the coco hold more water so that means less watering
    if you try it with coco : cut you coco with 15-20% perlite and use a perlite res in the bottom up to the drain hole this keep the coco for getting water logged as it drain in to the res in the bottom
    you dont get more yield in hempys over active hydro but you will get more over soil passive hydro (hempys ) gives you faster growing plants over soil and slightly less that active hydro

yes a vid might be a good idea but im rubbish at that stuff

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

well explained mate just been looking on youtube for one to post up but cant really seem to find one that shows how to build it and explains how to do everything.
    My hempys I did on a budget and used potting gravel instead of perlite and still got good results, Im sure you could use pretty much anything as long as its inert and has no nasties in it, so tempted to do hempy again for my next grow maybe a scrog one this time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

i remember you using potting gravel , it was one of the first hydro mediums to be used i think i read,when i was read about the origins or hydro
    the only thing it against gravel for hempys is its lack of wicking ability over a medium that does have that ability to wick up the water and feed which will give even root spread all over the bucket
    but yeah it worked for you great inpro for sure nm

i love how simple hempys are im using tiny one pint ones for the whole grow at the mo and seeing some great plants
    and only water ever two days which is great for the pot size

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (03-12-11), GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,425 Times

Hi Forest, just thought I would pop back here again and say I'm chuffed to bits with my hempy. You were right about making the noots weaker, as I've burnt the BuKu clone and she is struggling a little but the IGX is going great guns and appears to be loving it in there. Thats what great about this forum, you come across threads like this and it gives you the knowedge to have a go and improve your grow.

Pagans make the best of friends, they worship the ground you walk on

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jibbers For This Useful Post:

Forest (03-12-11), GEORGE (26-11-20), vibezfoundation (26-11-20)

Thanks

great news bro im so glad you liking it ill pop in you diary to see them

for a first step in to hydro this has to be a great method many dont feel the need to go any further in to active hydro and stay with hempys

thanks for stopping in to say that always good to get feedback in here

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20), vibezfoundation (26-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,425 Times

I thought I would hang fire with the hempy diary for the mo' as it is more of a side grow at the back of grow room and I don't think it would do a diary or the Hempy justice. I've got bigger plans (cue wicked laugh). I thought once the soil grow and current hempy are out of the way I would do a test grow using two auto ak47's in side by side hempys but introduce a cheap air pump (WITH 2 OUTLETS) into the equation in one bucket & have an airfeed bubbling away in the res and a continuous drip feed such as in the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqbo...eature=related
    Should be interesting and cheap way of improving air flow and noots. (for me anyway).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jibbers For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

lol ive just read all 9 fecking pages of dirt farming to see your hempy !

yeah good way to get in to active hydro bro ive done the air pumps thing not much difference but there was some
    Last edited by Forest; 03-12-11 at 02:16 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast