Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't figure this one out

Thanks

Default Can't figure this one out

It's just the one plant doing this. The leaves look like heat stress but it's only 75f tops. They're also much lighter green on the new growth as you can see. Feeding at 6.8 for pH with added calmag, under a 600 watt hps/mh conversion bulb.

The plant did this before when it was much younger in a 1 gallon pot. It's in a 3 gallon now, using sunshine mix4. Root bound symptom?? All the older leaves are fine looking, just the new growth within the last week or so.

In the group shot, it's the one in the left top corner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trichomecollector For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-01-19), GEORGE (20-01-19), JB (02-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (20-01-19)

Macky Guest

What you doing for cal mag mate? Might be the early signs of mag def. they don't look to bad, a spray of Epsom salts will probably pick them up

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-01-19), GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (20-01-19), UpT0wn (20-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    What you doing for cal mag mate? Might be the early signs of mag def. they don't look to bad, a spray of Epsom salts will probably pick them up
    I been adding calmag, 10ml per gallon with feeding

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trichomecollector For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (20-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

That seems a huge amount mate. I never go over 0.5ml per litre

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), Trichomecollector (20-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

your soil mix is blended with coco coir, id be intrested to know the ph going in and coming out
    could be as simple as the ph dropping or raising and slightly locking out magnesium

the banding on the leaves is a sign they aren't getting enough mag/cal also can be an indicator of light stress making your girls use up there stored mg
    since you are already adding cal/mg, it might be getting locked out somewhere along the line

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), JB (02-02-19), SmobyToker#1 (20-01-19), Trichomecollector (20-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    your soil mix is blended with coco coir, id be intrested to know the ph going in and coming out
    could be as simple as the ph dropping or raising and slightly locking out magnesium

the banding on the leaves is a sign they aren't getting enough mag/cal also can be an indicator of light stress making your girls use up there stored mg
    since you are already adding cal/mg, it might be getting locked out somewhere along the line
    It seemed like it started after I switched my light from 430 watt to full 600 watt after a few days. Only the one plant though, and they are all getting fed the same thing. All three plants in the tent are different strains as well.

PH going in is 6.8 after adding nutes, calmag etc. I was using Holland's Secret and got low so yesterday I picked up Advance Nutrients 3 part. Had good luck with it in the past but this new formula is the "pH perfect technology." Haven't used it yet but I hear it's chealted which makes your pH range much wider.

Last edited by Trichomecollector; 20-01-19 at 03:39 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trichomecollector For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), JB (02-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19), SmobyToker#1 (20-01-19)

Thanks

have had plants that looked identical but need different things, it does happen due to pheno variations
    sativas don't act or grow like an indica in structure or heat/humidity/feeding needs

that's the problem with different strains, you can't guarantee they all want/need the same input
    raise your light a few inches, it'll probably correct with something just that simple

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), Trichomecollector (20-01-19)

Thanks

have had plants that looked identical but need different things, it does happen due to pheno variations
    sativas don't act or grow like an indica in structure or heat/humidity/feeding needs

that's the problem with different strains, you can't guarantee they all want/need the same input
    raise your light a few inches, it'll probably correct with something just that simple
    Ok. I dimmed it back down to 430 watts and lifted it up a few inches. See how the next few days goes. Thanks again!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trichomecollector For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), MonsterEnergy (20-01-19)

Thanks

as they mature and harden up you can then go full on with the lighting,
    in veg they aren't hardened to heat or such direct light

keep us updated mate

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-19), Trichomecollector (20-01-19)

Thanks

as they mature and harden up you can then go full on with the lighting,
    in veg they aren't hardened to heat or such direct light

keep us updated mate
    So I needed to restock on nutes because I was getting low and wanted to try something else. I had good luck with AN years go so picked up their 3 part pH perfect. I gave them all a good dose days ago and the one that had the messed up leaves is almost 100% back to normal! Not sure if it was a nute issue, calmag or whatever but it seems to be under control now.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trichomecollector For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-19), MonsterEnergy (24-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast