Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how far from my plant should 600watt hps lamp be??

Thanks

Default how far from my plant should 600watt hps lamp be??

ive just got my new 600 watt hps lamp and reflector. its a DUAL spectrum lamp so its good for veg and flower.

im not sure how far from the plans it should be as i never had one before, can anyone help ????

all posts welcomed and thanks for helping

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Hi weedfarmer, is it a sunmaster by any chance? Anyway i use 600w and if you keep 18" away thats about right, they can go a little closer upto 15-16" but play it safe and 18" as done me well so far. If you have a piece of string with a glass thermometer hanging from the reflector and measure the string from lowest point of light to top of thermomenter as 18" you get a good idea of canopy temps and a marker for when you need to raise the lamp
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

hi YOKO thanks for posting.

yes it is a sunmater, i was expecting a bulb just for flowering but this was an unexpected bonus. do i just grow under this light for the entire time(veg thru flower) and do i need to change height of the light for different stages?

Thanks

Yes mate use for entire grow my cheese have loved this so far and just try keep 18" away but dont worry if a few " either way. Iv just changed reflector that enables me to keep my light 12" above so hoping for some great results. I cant understand why people change bulbs when you can get one that does both and there not to expensive, iv done my current grows using these bulbs and both are looking fab

Thanks

sounds good mate, cheers :-)

im gonna get it set up tomorrow. is it ok to go 12/12 from seed with these as i dont have my growroom blacked out completely yet? (will be done soon)

ive got danky doodle seeds going just now, you know anything about them?

Thanks

that mate i cant answer for definate as im yet to grow from seed though cant see no reason why not, maybe keep light further away while seed maybe 22", you can go as far as 2ft away with these no problem, when my plants were young cuttings i kept m light at 22" and over the next few weeks gradually moved it a few inches closer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoko2009 View Post
    Yes mate use for entire grow my cheese have loved this so far and just try keep 18" away but dont worry if a few " either way. Iv just changed reflector that enables me to keep my light 12" above so hoping for some great results. I cant understand why people change bulbs when you can get one that does both and there not to expensive, iv done my current grows using these bulbs and both are looking fab
    Hey YOKO how's it goin fella, I use duel specs too for precisely the same reason! why buy 2 when 1 will do...& I've also recently changed to a 600watt with a supernova shade & didn't know what I should put it at, so post matey,thanks
    Founder of the Ironbridge Gorge Marijuana Society

Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Hey YOKO how's it goin fella, I use duel specs too for precisely the same reason! why buy 2 when 1 will do...& I've also recently changed to a 600watt with a supernova shade & didn't know what I should put it at, so post matey,thanks
    No worries CS, just had a look at your reflector and it states the design makes it throw quite a bit of heat down so i would start at least 22"-24" away and get a thermometer at canopy level and then move a few " closer over the next few days, if you have an intake of cool air you can also put that so it jets across the bottom of your bulb, this will give you an extra " or 2

Thanks

Hey mate I use heat shields on my lights as this allows you to get 2-3 inches closer even closer if you have a desk fan blowing on your bulb have mine at 10-12 inches n they love it

Thanks

got my light installed now, its about 20" from the plants and about 25-28c.

just want to know if i can use a lesser wattage bulb eg. 250/400watt in my ballast for 600 watt? i know i cant go over 600 just not sure whether under is ok.

thanks for helping people

peace out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast