Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Drug Sentencing Guidelines

DAN2IG Guest

Default New Drug Sentencing Guidelines

Drug Offences Definitive Guideline

http://sentencingcouncil.judiciary.g...line_(web).pdf

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DAN2IG For This Useful Post:

alsorted (26-05-12), Bollox123 (29-01-12), cocogrower (24-01-12), GBK (24-01-12), Grandad (24-01-12), MissJane (24-01-12), rokerij (27-01-12), The Fringe (24-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Excellent read,Anonymiss posted the last one,had me glued to the screen.

Thanks

Intresting read

Thanks

Good stuff but at the moment they are just guidelines.
    Could do better imo.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

well thats a slap on the wrist for me if i'm caught with my 2 plants at their estimate of 40g per plant(luckily i get 10 times that from each of them)
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrscott View Post
    Good stuff but at the moment they are just guidelines.
    Could do better imo.
    They are guidelines that are 'in force' (for want of a better term) for JPs and other sentencers to use as of 27th Feb. You imply they are a temporary thing and will change - they won't, not for at least another decade.

They are actually better than I had anticipated. I can safely say I'm not going prison if I get busted again. That is music to my ears. Let's hope Sir Richard can talk them into legalising it today lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

Grandad (24-01-12), spoonofinsanity (04-02-12)

Thanks

I think I've missed something as I really don't see these guidelines as good news. Seems that all offences related to cultivation carry custodial sentences as the starting point.

For instance. You get caught with six plants in a small tent set up. You would be seen as the Leading Role, Category 4 cultivation of a Class B drug. The starting point for sentencing is one year inside and the scope for sentencing is from High Level community order to three years inside.

How is that good ? What did I miss ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

I'd like to know in what way they plan to accept Cannabis use on medical grounds in the courts, Is it just for people who're terminally ill?

I hope there will be more light shed on this soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alterego420 View Post
    I think I've missed something as I really don't see these guidelines as good news. Seems that all offences related to cultivation carry custodial sentences as the starting point.

For instance. You get caught with six plants in a small tent set up. You would be seen as the Leading Role, Category 4 cultivation of a Class B drug. The starting point for sentencing is one year inside and the scope for sentencing is from High Level community order to three years inside.

How is that good ? What did I miss ?
    You would be 'Lesser Role' not Leading Role. You would only be Leading role in a multi-person operation.

Quote Originally Posted by cocogrower View Post
    I'd like to know in what way they plan to accept Cannabis use on medical grounds in the courts, Is it just for people who're terminally ill?

I hope there will be more light shed on this soon.
    I think that was stated by Peter Reynolds on CLEAR, I guess he got that bit wrong. They're not accepting for using cannabis for medical reasons as a mitigation. The mitigation and adjustment in sentence is for those who are ill in general. That's how I see it anyways

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

Alterego420 (24-01-12), cocogrower (24-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GrassHopper View Post
    I think that was stated by Peter Reynolds on CLEAR, I guess he got that bit wrong. They're not accepting for using cannabis for medical reasons as a mitigation. The mitigation and adjustment in sentence is for those who are ill in general. That's how I see it anyways
    I hope not , Anything that lieing piece of turd PR says needs to be taken with a whole bucket load of Salt imo.

The sentencing council also spells out explicitly, for the first time, that the medical use of cannabis for serious conditions should be recognised by the courts as a mitigating factor when sentencing offenders.
    Guardian

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

GrassHopper (24-01-12)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast