Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: BLOODY HELL! Things just got interesting!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Default BLOODY HELL! Things just got interesting!

Ok, leaving policy and everything to one side, please may I beg your indulgence?

This election is going to be a mile stone, I'm sure of this. I've been trawling the net as I'm sure most of you have:

First off, ignore the fact the second debate was on Sky News, the Fox network basically. Anyone familiar with the Bush/Gore election just before 9/11? In a nut shell, the Fox network single handedly got Bush elected even though Gore was announced the winner and won every high court appeal going. People still do not know why or how Bush won... well we do... it was Rupert Murdoch! Please watch Fahrenheit 9/11; please.

So, take the fact the Sun has pushed libel and pure shit to smear Lib Dems, mixed with the fact that Murdoch has already won two US elections AT LEAST!....

I checked the polls directly after the debate, they showed Cameron won and was on 36%, Clegg 32% Brown was shot in the paddock for being an ugly toad.

These polls were instant, hmm, go figure. Yougov, sky news, all polls tallied up.

Then the independent results came in, channel 4 have Clegg down as 54%!! And across the board with the other independent results are the same. Can you see where I'm going?

Twitter is rife: Stephen Fry has spoken, therefore we shall listen! lol:

Frankly I'm tempted to vote Lib Dem now. If we let the Telegraph and Mail win, well, freedom and Britain die.

Another comment that is being retweeted like crazy:

It's a dangerous game YouGov/Sky/The Sun are playing, surely? To misreport something that 10m people have just watched with their own eyes.

The Lib Dems are not supposed to get in, take any other reason out of the equation, this is getting close to the revolution now, we've got to fight back! I don't want to be America Mark II over this, this is getting concerning.

Also, this piece is quite poignant too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...ggs_fault.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

skotty (23-04-10)

Thanks

Love it!

Lib dems drugs policy btw:

~http://act.libdems.org.uk/group/libe...ource=activity

Adopting a policy of not prosecuting possession for own use, social supply to
    adults or cultivation of cannabis plants for own use.
    Repealing Sections 8 (c) and (d) of the Misuse of Drugs Act so that it is no longer a
    crime for the occupier or manager of premises to permit someone to use cannabis
    on those premises.

Maybe Murdoch has shares in cotton companies as well.
    to dare is to do

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Black For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (22-04-10)

Thanks

Anyone with a facebook or twitter, I think this clip needs posting and made aware of:

Another quote I love...

"Daily Mail poll just in, Cameron 103%, Brown 0%, Clegg Nein."

Frank, I would money on the fact Murdoch has an interest in alcohol, tobacco, and dare I push the boat out... the paper industry?! lol

Thanks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22205306/

Bullying right-wing media bosses invaded the Independent’s offices after the newspaper attacked David Cameron’s backroom deal with US-based mogul Rupert Murdoch.

The Aussie-born billionaire’s son James and flame-haired sidekick Rebekah Brooks strode into the newsroom brandishing the paper with the headline Rupert Murdoch Won’t Decide The Election – You Will.

The wild-eyed duo then started to harangue bemused editor Simon Kelner in a foul-mouthed tirade.

Murdoch Jnr, 37, who runs Sky TV and his dad’s right-wing papers The Sun and The Times, accused Kelner of “impugning our family name” and shouted: “you’re a f****** f***wit.”

The crazed duo then threatened to “expose” the Independent’s owner, ex-KGB agent Alexander Lebedev.

They also ranted about online Indie ads which said: “A few people count too much. Rupert Murdoch controls 40% of the Press in Britain. On May 6 he will throw the weight of the country’s two biggest newspapers behind one party.”

Advertisement - article continues below ยป

Ironically, the ads were the brainchild of PR outfit Freud Communications, whose portly owner Matthew Freud is married to Murdoch Jnr’s sister Lis.

One Independent source said yesterday: “They were in full fingerjabbing mode and virtually frothing at the mouth. None of us had seen anything like it. And bearing in mind the number of people they have impugned over the years, it was a little rich to say the least.

"The mini mogul is happy for his scandal sheets to dish out criticism, but can’t take it himself. He lost all control.”

Rupert Murdoch, 79, agreed to support Mr Cameron last September on the condition he dismantles parts of the BBC and scraps TV watchdog Ofcom if he reaches No10.

But from the moment he endorsed Mr Cameron the Tory leader’s fortunes have plummeted.

Senior Tory Boris Johnson told friends yesterday he had been told by senior Murdoch executives that their decision to back Cameron had been “a complete disaster”.

Tory grandees also blame the Murdoch factor for turning people off their leader. And so desperate are the Murdochs to shore up their candidate, they have run a series of laughable character assassinations of Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg in The Sun.

Thanks

And the hits keep on coming!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8601711.stm

Murdoch agreed to back Cameron in September, they agreed on the terms that if Cameron got in, Ofcom will be scrapped. Voting the tories in will relinquish the last free will we have.

How close is the Conservative party to the Murdoch media empire?
    The question has been brought into sharp focus by Ofcom's long-awaited Pay TV report, which has ordered BSkyB to cut its charges for Sky Sports.
    Last summer, as the media regulator gathered evidence for its pay-TV review, Conservative leader David Cameron said that Ofcom "as we know it, would cease to exist" if his party came into power,
    Said Mr Cameron: "Give Ofcom, or give a new body, the technical function of handing out the licences and regulating, lightly, the content that's on the screens. But it shouldn't be making policy, it shouldn't have its own communications department.
    "The head of Ofcom is paid almost half a million pounds. We could slim this body down a huge amount and save a lot of money for the taxpayer."
    BBC's future
    Accusations - hotly denied by the Tories - have been made that Conservative media policy is in effect being written by Rupert Murdoch and his son James - the chairman of BSkyB, chief executive of the Sun's owners News International, and not a fan of Ofcom.
    Labour claimed there'd been a deal on media policy after the Sun newspaper switched its allegiance to the Conservatives.
    A few weeks after Mr Cameron's comments, James Murdoch launched an outspoken attack on the BBC.
    Then shadow culture secretary Jeremy Hunt caused more alarm when he said the Conservatives would replace the BBC Trust if they came to power, and were considering whether to "rip up" the BBC Charter.

There are some things we agree with [the Murdochs] on, and some things we disagree with them on
    Jeremy Hunt, Tory culture spokesman
    He's since said they'd let the Charter run its course, to ensure the BBC's independence - but would the Tories allow Ofcom's ruling against Sky to stand?
    Culture Secretary Ben Bradshaw said governments should not interfere with regulators.
    "I think that's a principle that matters greatly and I'm worried that the Conservatives have variously said they would abolish Ofcom, they would reduce its powers, and since this report, there's been a deafening silence from the Conservatives about what they would do."
    So I asked Jeremy Hunt, the Tories' culture spokesman, exactly what they would do about the Ofcom ruling?
    "We are absolutely clear that these kinds of matters are a matter for regulators, not for politicians, " he told me.
    "Where you have competition issues like [the Ofciom ruling], they are obviously highly sensitive and it's incredibly important that they are made by people who can't in any way be influenced or leaned on.
    "So that is one of the categories of decision that we have said must be made by an independent regulator and not by politicians."
    Ministerial control
    And yet David Cameron has said Ofcom would be cut back, if Ofcom even exists in future. What did he mean by that and what is the policy?
    "We feel that people elect governments and ministers to make the decisions on big policy issues. So we've said we want the policy-making functions of quangos like Ofcom and the Arts Council to be returned to ministers.

David Cameron has pledged to change Ofcom if he becomes prime minister
    "For matters of policy we think it should be ministers that make the decision but for competition issues it's obviously very important it should be done at arms' length from politicians."
    But some people say the Tories are in hock to Rupert Murdoch - the Sun has come out in favour of the Conservatives - that their media policy is being written by Rupert and James Murdoch.
    "It's absolute nonsense," said Mr Hunt. "There is a great conspiracy theory that's been particularly peddled in the Guardian but I think you just have to look at the whole record.
    "Eighteen months ago David Cameron wrote an article in the Sun of all places, defending the principle of the licence fee. This is not someone who is trying to suck up the Murdochs.
    "If you remember, James Murdoch's McTaggart Lecture in Edinburgh was explicitly criticising the existence of the licence fee. So there are some things we agree with them on, and some things we disagree with them on."
    Mr Hunt accuses Labour of sour grapes at losing the Murdochs' support.
    As for the BBC, though he and David Cameron insist they're great fans of the Corporation, he says they'll expect it to take a much tighter grip on the purse strings, if they come to power.

F**k me, Skotty is going to have a field day with this, as crazy as that old bean is, he's being proven right with each passing day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

ViK (24-04-10)

Thanks

This piece needs a read! The sun are censoring public information! I can well imagine I'm boring/pissing most of you off, but we are in the realms of Hitler style methods, this can't be allowed, countries have gone to war over far less!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1951940.html

Thanks

outlaw some fine post there chap!

lib dems for me anyway even before i knew dave and clown had there fingers in pie's i just hope the rest of the uk dose the same.....on another nore though if they want dave in they`l just rig it wont they
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (23-04-10)

Thanks

NAO- apart from registering with sky is there any other way to watch last nights debate??
    me n mrs BL ended up in the pub last night so we missed it... doh.. bad hangoverrrrr.....

looked on youtube but cant seem to find it. copyright take-down request from sky maybe....????

think its a bit of an insult that u need to register and pay with sky to access this info.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bucketluggs For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (23-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

they did repeat it later in the evening on the bbc so you didnt have to be a sky subscriber

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bergkamp For This Useful Post:

bucketluggs (23-04-10), New Age Outlaw (23-04-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

They talked about that yesterday on R4. In fact R4 broadcast the debate live. With Freeview you can get Sky News for free. I had it on in the living room & watched it live. Get yourself a Freeview box, M8. They're only about 20 quid. Outstanding value for money.

(The delay between the analogue signal from the radio in my kitchen & the digital signal on the telly made for a surreal doppler-like experience after a pipe or two...)

Apparently the Beeb were offered it by Sky but turned them down. They said if they had shown it live on TV they would have had to re-organise loads more minority party coverage in order to stay balanced (as they have to according to their charter).
    Last edited by Ganesha; 23-04-10 at 10:00 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

bucketluggs (23-04-10), New Age Outlaw (23-04-10)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast