Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: transplant!!! soil to hydro!!!

Icon Guest

Most people would consider Coco as a Hydro Medium because it has zero nutrient content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Gozz (07-01-12)

Thanks

if it's your first go, i'd consider leavin it in soil. just buy a good soil for it. i like those camo bags with all the bat poop n stuff. u can plant right into the bag, if u have the space. the main things with hydro are: if you have a job that keeps you away for longer than a night, u may want to use soil because everything happens faster in hydro- including bad reactions. soil is more stable but will cost your grow at least one extra month, if not more (depending on how addicted u get to pruning, shaping, topping, etc.). if you mess up the transplant (which is already stressful anyway [the most stressful things in life are: moving, buying/selling a home, marriage, divorce, baby- plants work similarly: moving/women... etc- all stressful]), you can cause your ladies to go hermy. and!!! when in hydro: DON'T PANIC! some symptoms look exactly like their opposing symptom: thirsty, dry- looks similar. too much nutrients vs too few= looks similar, at first. in other words, if ya panic and don't check nutrient lvls and just think ya know- u can fry your plants in what'll seem like the blink of an eye. you can add nutrients, or change the ph and voilla... the plant looks greener than ever by bedtime. the next morning u wake up and the whole thing is brittle/fried brown. so- soil if you're just startin out (easier) so u can water, ignore it and still do well. hydro if you're willin to sacrifice a few good women and just easy as ya go when rinsing roots. u can also kinda flush out the soil; like you would flush at the end of a grow. just let the water erode the soil off/out and- make sure it's as close to room temp as u can. distilled is best, or let the h20 sit for a day with the lid off, to let the chlorine evaporate off. distilled won't leave the hard water leavins on the leaves. good luck. theoretically, anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrx36 For This Useful Post:

Gozz (07-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Most people would consider Coco as a Hydro Medium because it has zero nutrient content
    So Canna pro as no nutrient in it al all?!?!
    Thought the pro version would have summat in it instead of the standard stuff
    Learn summat new everyday I guess there say lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG JT For This Useful Post:

Gozz (07-01-12)

Thanks

Its not my first plant and not the second but its the first hydro!!!! this is my system.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...2&d=1325895277

and this is my soil!! i dont know what's its name. im not english!! xp

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...3&d=1325895279

Thats just examples!! im lazy to go take some pictures!! but its the same way i've done mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homemade-hydroponic-garden.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	88402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hydroponic_watermelon-2009-04-27-day_117.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	88403  

Icon Guest

OK so just put the plant into the blue box with an ec of ,5 Max ph 5.8
    you need to drill a few holes in the bottom to make sure the roots can spread into the nutes and also a good air stone that bubbles the water which should be just below the pot
    You can hand water occasionally until the roots hit the solution once the roots are established forget about any feed/watering of the soil it may dry out but do not worry as long as the roots are into the solution it will be fine
    You will need some other bits of kit by the sounds of it
    But trust me that should work fine
    I have swapped soil into hydro a few times never had any problems with contamination or disease

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Gozz (07-01-12)

Thanks

Thanks a lot!!

BTW whats the "EC"?
    And what did you mean with forget any feed/watering of the soil cause i didnt understand?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gozz View Post
    Thanks a lot!!

BTW whats the "EC"?
    And what did you mean with forget any feed/watering of the soil cause i didnt understand?
    Ec is the electric current output of mixin the food a and b together. So u know how much food your plants r drinkin. Forget any/water of the soil mean the soil u use to pack the plant in doesn't need to be wet as the root with be gettin water from the bottom of the tank

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG JT For This Useful Post:

Gozz (08-01-12)

Icon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gozz View Post
    Thanks a lot!!

BTW whats the "EC"?

You need to get your self into the Hydro section and get some reading of the stickys done asap there may be some info in the novice section that could also be of great value
    Hydro is very simple if you spend the time to fully understand the process Your question re the EC screams to me that you are very much at the start of the learning curve so I would urge you to get some serious studying on THCtalk done

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Gozz (08-01-12)

Thanks

i already did that!! with 4 diferente marijuana manuals. but theres only something that they forget to write about!! xDD thanks anyway, you helped me a lot!!!

Thanks

No. but in portuguese that's not the expression!! like i said above. im not english!!! )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2