Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow, How sick is she?

Thanks

Default First grow, How sick is she?

She was a single random bag seed that I found and planted her outside beginning of April to see what would happen. Wasn't ever expecting this to turn into what it did. Got to love that socal sun I guess.

Anyway...

The droop is independent of watering quantity.

The deep center fan leaves that grow directly off the main stalk drooped, yellowed, and died off over the last 3 weeks. The last two weeks the die off accelerated to the main fan leaves along the main branches, starting towards the main stalk and advancing up to the colas to the point where the small fan leaves approaching the top of colas has begun to pale a bit. Sugar leaves are still a solid green. Most fan leaves on the bottom of the plant have not yellowed or died off, and don’t droop or wilt like the center and top of the plant either. I would guess that over 70 fan leaves have died off or been removed due to excessive yellowing and/or death, over the past 3 weeks weeks. She used to be a lot more dense, I never did any trimming because I didn’t know better, but now I’m glad I didn't, because that gave her a lot of extra leaves to lose.

I'm guessing she has over a month left, so if nothing changes I'm concerned I'll run out of fan leaves.

Fox farm ocean forest soil w/25% perlite. No amendments

Added magnesium heavy pulverized dolomite lime to my waterings 2 weeks ago.

Currently Fed:

pulverized dolomite lime 1 tsp/gallon
    organic biobizz biobloom 2 tsp/gallon
    organic biobizz fish mix 0.25 tsp/gallon
    organic biobizz algamic seaweed extract 2 tsp (not anymore more as off 5 days ago, went bad on me)

according to my very inaccurate Ph strips/drops:
    water going in: ~8.0ph
    water going out: 5.8-6.2ph (REALLY ROUGH ESTIMATE), can't catch water effectively, I do believe she has been on the acidic side though, might be pulling out of it from the liming.

I just got some Epsom salts in the mail today, that I will feed her tomorrow.

She has reoccurring PM issues, and some white flies. History of spider mites that are currently not a factor. No idea how to get a handle on the Pm during flower. Fans and spot treating don't seem to be enough.

She was overfed for a few days when she began flowering a month ago.
    I don't have access to 60 gallons of Ph'd water to flush her with, so I'll ride it out until I need to flush before harvest.

(I also have no money left to spend on the grow, zero)

positive side. she stinks!

So, how concerned should I be?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3857.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	365140
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3866 (1).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	365142
    Last edited by Solis Altilis; 29-08-18 at 09:15 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solis Altilis For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-09-18), GEORGE (29-08-18), Trex (29-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Up the feed . Outdoors sky is limit tbh . They get big and very hungry .

Your feeds only come out to like 2ml per litre . Double up buddy . Keep us posted

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-09-18), GEORGE (29-08-18), Solis Altilis (29-08-18)

Thanks

Jus add fertilizer to feed regime . Dint go add dolomite in the water for feed . That can fuck shjt up pretty solid . No need to ph water either man .

Fish . Bloom and add some banana peels in soil for a solid boost of potash(potassium)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Up the feed . Outdoors sky is limit tbh . They get big and very hungry .

Your feeds only come out to like 2ml per litre . Double up buddy . Keep us posted
    Ok thanks. But I do water her everyday and feed her everyday with the watering. I know most people don't feed that frequently. One of the reasons the amount I was using was less. So, even though I feed every day I should still up it?

Thanks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solis Altilis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solis Altilis View Post
    Ok thanks. But I do water her everyday and feed her everyday with the watering. I know most people don't feed that frequently. One of the reasons the amount I was using was less. So, even though I feed every day I should still up it?

Thanks.
    No not every day . Every 2nd watering about . If leaf tips burn . Feed less .

She wont need wqter ever day thats why she is drooping . Water when pot feel light.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Or feed feed water . Thats what i do . Jus dont water frequently cannq plqnts love a wet to dry cycle then you flood her .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-09-18), GEORGE (29-08-18)

Thanks

No not every day . Every 2nd watering about . If leaf tips burn . Feed less .

She wont need water ever day thats why she is drooping . Water when pot feel light.
    It gets up to 100 degrees out here. Had a few days a bout a month ago where it was 105+ for a week straight w/15-25% humidity. Those days I would have to water her 3x a day! She would dry out in 2-3hours. When it's in the mid 90's I would water her between 6am-8am then the top 2 inches are bone dry by 3pm. By 4pm-5pm she's pretty light and starting to wilt a bit more. On days that were in the high 90's she would be completely wilted by the time I'd get home at 3pm, I mean there was a couple times she looked dead, I'd water her lightly again and she would perk right up. Right now it's only been about 88-90 and humidity has been high for the last 2 weeks. 50% during day, 80% at night. So I only need to water her once a day. She's still dry on top by the evening and pretty darn light by the morning. With the fluctuating weather it's been hard to get a read on when's to much and when's to little.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solis Altilis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ahh i see . She wilts because of drying up . Wish we would get that low humidity here in the east 80% 95° ffs . Very unpleasant for us Canadians pale skins this heat lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ahh i see . She wilts because of drying up . Wish we would get that low humidity here in the east 80% 95° ffs . Very unpleasant for us Canadians pale skins this heat lol
    There was a couple times i did overwater her right before or right when she began flowering. It took a while for the bottom to dry out. I wonder if the bottom roots suffocated bit, especially the roots to the upper plant and newer growth, because it was the bottom of the plant that had trouble drying out and may be she never recovered and is now perma-drooping (if that's possible) except for the lower leaves which didn't suffocate? Then when she drys out because of the heat she wilts more? so maybe its from both? I dunno. and the yellowing is intense on the droopy leaves, and the stems are red on the yellow leaves.... Don't know if that means anything, or if it could just mean anything... tricky girl.

... and 95' at 80%? Good God. mold/mildew control must be a nightmare.
    Last edited by Solis Altilis; 29-08-18 at 10:31 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solis Altilis For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-09-18), GEORGE (29-08-18), Trex (30-08-18)

Thanks

You can work in some quality compost in he top layers with your fingers . Just massage it in . Good compost can hold twice its volume in moisture . I would also get some white tarp or ligh color and wrap it around the black pot as it would help push away the heat and not attract it . Then put a layer of straw or hay as a mulch . All these little things have helped me alot in the past .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-09-18), Gaz (30-08-18), GEORGE (30-08-18), Solis Altilis (30-08-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast