PDA

View Full Version : Will this still oxygenate my girl?

Jackox100
21-06-13, 06:05 PM
Hi all I usually post in the novice section because well I'm a novice. But I just came across this and seen as tho I'm in dwc I thought I'd come here for help.
Basically my air stone valve has snapped off, my grow shop won't have any until Wednesday.
So what iv done is bunged the end of the tubing what usually connects to the airstone valve. Then iv pierced the tubing a few times. The roots keep it down at the bottom and it bubbling away nicely. Just wanted to no if its still oxygenating my plant or simply just bubbling the water. All help is much appreciated peeps cheers

Rory Breaker
21-06-13, 06:24 PM
hi mate, yes it will still be oxygenating the water if the bubbles are breaking the surface

Jackox100
21-06-13, 06:34 PM
Great stuff thanks alot mate I was getting a little worried.

Rory Breaker
21-06-13, 06:38 PM
no worries, i found that it doesnt take much to keep plants adequately oxygenated in DWC.. used to use water pumps instead of airstones, just have the water break the surface in the pots and jobs a goodun.

you did say they were bubbling away nicely, if anything looks up before you get what you need just change the water for some fresh

Jackox100
21-06-13, 08:25 PM
Will do pal, and yeah it bubbling away nicely. Cheers