PDA

View Full Version : Very odd question...

Mr.UnclePen
05-07-13, 08:11 PM
I am going away for the weekend and don't have an automated system for my coco...Would it be ok if I put the pot into sitting water for two-three days or is that going to cause rot? I could give it enough so it would finish it up in two days through feeding and evaporation, and then the third it would dry out, that night i'll be back to water it.

I just want to make sure it's ok to sit in nuted water for a couple of days before it drinks it up? It's just a one time thing... I could use a spike but I don't know how well that works in coco...prolly not great.

Bottom line: the container would be large enough so the pot would only have to sit in maybe half an inch of water for 2 days at most...I should have thrown a wick or two in just incase this occasion popped up....only had I planned...

Duke1
05-07-13, 11:56 PM
if its only a few days im sure it would be fine,my coco grow this time is in storage containers from poundland because they hold 25 ltrs each i only water/feed every other day and even then there not dry so if your in bigish pots i reckon they be ok.peace.

Anonymiss
06-07-13, 12:21 AM
It's worth covering the tray with cling film to reduce evaporation — It makes the liquid last longer, prevents the solution becoming more concentrated, and it helps to control the humidity :)

Duke1
06-07-13, 12:38 PM
yes it helps a lot,my humidity dropped to low after making covers,so i now use a prop and open or close them till it levels of at45rh and it then stays about right till lights of when i close the lids,works well so far.peace.
It's worth covering the tray with cling film to reduce evaporation — It makes the liquid last longer, prevents the solution becoming more concentrated, and it helps to control the humidity :)