PDA

View Full Version : Minimum space for one plant

The Internet
29-04-09, 06:07 PM
Never grown before, looking to start off a very small stealthy grow. What is the absolute minimum size area for growing one plant? I have a VERY hidden area, but it may be a little too small. The area is 50cm x 35cm x 120cm. Only really want to grow one plant. Can't really grow anywhere else. Any advice growing in such a small space? Or should I even do it?

shark
29-04-09, 06:21 PM
hi there and welcome!..

you could grow in that space no problem.. ive got a grow going on inside my pc desk! (30x65x70)..others are grwoing inside pc server cases!..

you can can lowryders anywhere you can fit a lamp! i reckon you could get 5 lowryders in that space under a 250w envirolite.

lowryder strains are auto flowering, they flower regardless of light cycle. seed to harvest in 8 weeks..they stay very small, bonsai like plants around 30cm tall, you can expect to yield a half oz or more from each one.

i recommend white dwarf by buddha seeds..ive got 5 of them just now, they are small, very easy and fast to grow, seed to smoke in 8 weeks, 20hrs light per day throughout for a great yield..

expect similar results with any auto flowering strains.. the best bet if your tight for space!

The Internet
29-04-09, 07:04 PM
Thanks, ill order some seeds tonight and probably start germinating in a couple of days with the paper towel technique :D

shark
29-04-09, 08:52 PM
your welcome mate!.. let us know how you get on and what seeds you chose!

mooney108
29-04-09, 09:05 PM
ive done tons and tons of research into this but really dnt fancy my parents finding it and also slightly worried about fire with it being a small space with a warm light or does using pc fans stop this. whats the main risks with it all

stoogi
29-04-09, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't mate if you don't want your parents finding out. It stinks when they get on.

You should easily be able to grow a few plants in that space Internet. But stisk to the lowryders like sharkfactor says. Nice and simple for a 1st go is the best technique

The Internet
29-04-09, 10:16 PM
Got a bit ambitious and bought some 'white skunk' seeds, nice and cheap. I've sorted the area out, and i need to fit some lights. I'm going to stick with the simple flourescent bulbs. Ive got two 2700k at the moment, what others will i need? And how bad is the smell from the plants? Would I be able to cover it up by having other plants throughout my room? Parents would probably just think its them. Hopefully

sjn01
30-04-09, 12:22 AM
i think you need a blue envirolight with a 6400k spectrum to go with the red ones. and you will need something with a carbon filter, i think its expensive to get a proper carbon filter and extraction fan setup, but ive seen ionisers with buit in carbon filters that you can get now from general retailers, though dont know if their really strong enough

The Internet
30-04-09, 08:14 PM
The space is right next to a chimney so should i take air from the room and put it out the chimney or vise versa?