PDA

View Full Version : Carbon filter + ozone generator????

newfarmer024
09-07-13, 03:16 AM
Just wondering of anyone knows if its bad to put a ozone generator and a carbon filter in groom? My girlfriend swears she can smell the plant...

d-green
11-07-13, 11:40 AM
Ozone is poisonous. I would not want one in my house. It is also not very effective at removing the smell.

A good branded carbon filter of an appropriate size/capacity is all you need. If any smell is escaping the room then you need to do a better job of sealing it and/or adjust the (negative) pressure so all air leaving the room does so via your carbon filter.

Rory Breaker
11-07-13, 01:31 PM
if you have a tent in a room and need to have the doors open to water (for example) a product called "Ona Gel" is worth a look.. non toxic and it is pretty good at neutralising odours.

newfarmer024
11-07-13, 01:56 PM
Yes it's not a strong smell because I can only smell it when the door is open but she says she can smell it when she walks in the bedroom

Rotty-haven
11-07-13, 03:45 PM
Is the filter connected to the fan directly as I`ve been told some ducting has small holes in them so its not sucking through the filter... filter+fan then ducting

d-green
11-07-13, 07:20 PM
Is the filter connected to the fan directly as I`ve been told some ducting has small holes in them so its not sucking through the filter... filter+fan then ducting

Yes, the fan should be connected directly to the filter.

Accoustic ducting has holes in it but that's only into the accoustic filling, it shoudln't leak. However any join is inevitably imperfect, which is why you should always connect the fan directly to the filter.

THCharly
25-09-13, 10:36 PM
I've been thinking about an ozone generator ( for the smell ) but than I read that it can cause harm to the plants! So we just use a carbon filter ( changed every year ), a small battery powered air freshener and a tight seal on the door. So far so good.

elby
13-01-14, 12:08 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

Ozone oxidises organic matter on contact - it is not good for the plants or yourself

bushdriver
28-02-14, 07:57 PM
could put a small ozone generator outside the tent tho and just play with the settings till right

sweetsmoker
28-02-14, 08:54 PM
I do for when it's bad
5 min p hour outside tent, used it for yrs. carbon filter in tent of course

They are the best smell killer I have had, tiz a shame it's harmfully in big quantities.
But well aired, I have had no problems using an ozone gen.
Small,quiet,works :)