PDA

View Full Version : Male plants..

thetrobadour
05-05-09, 06:37 PM
im 2 weeks into flowering and ive got 4 males, can i cut them down and turn them into yummy butter? will it do the job? any advice would be great!!

Cheers Guys TT

The_Ganja_Farmer
06-05-09, 05:08 PM
nah m8 the only thing theyre good for is the chop - there will be no useable matter in the plant.

U could pollonate a female and have some seed for next grow, but thats about it!

Cheers,

Sub

THOMAS CHONG
08-05-09, 06:43 PM
u can use male plants for hash if u let them go long enough,
cheers TOMBONG

Dredlock
15-05-09, 03:54 PM
no u cant lol

N4TH4N88
15-05-09, 03:59 PM
mate, the only option you have in my mind is to punch them down, into the soil

THOMAS CHONG
18-05-09, 09:22 AM
no u cant lol

YES U CAN LOL

Dredlock
25-05-09, 09:30 AM
Hahahaha No you can't it tastes like shite and its not hash crystals its male pollen not the same shizzle eewwwwwww man LoLoL

allahu_akbar
25-05-09, 09:32 AM
mate, the only option you have in my mind is to punch them down, into the soil

HAHAHA!
(msg to short)

John Smith
26-05-09, 11:57 PM
well...I once did a IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) shade leaf extraction with a washing bowl full of male leaves and the shit knocked me and two of my mates out round a barbeque two summers ago! dry leaf, leach in alcohol, evap alcohol...oil left behind.
we put the juice in small droppers mixed with cooking oil and just basically put a few drops of it on the tongue and swiged it back with Stella coz it tasted rank.
very very narcotic but not enjoyable by any means just messed up feeling.

THOMAS CHONG
27-05-09, 11:10 AM
Hahahahahahaah U Can!!!!

Dredlock
15-06-09, 02:11 PM
Have it your own way lolol good luck lololol I recon his Buzz was from isopro Alch mixed with stella and cookin oil EWWW!!! would a knocked me out aswell on a hot sunny day lol dont mean he was high on THC tho lol

wert
15-06-09, 06:42 PM
i have posted this somewhere else on this forum ,
i think the mistake arises when the stuff we get served from morocco is called pollen,if you have been to amsterdam you may have noticed they serve polm .this is not pollen it is hash made from collecting the trichomes .i think over the years people have just presumed one was the same as the other.male pollen is virtually if not completely thc free.

iTz-Tee_H_See
20-06-09, 11:00 AM
male plants CAN be used for making hash
and male plants are still smokeable
i have smoked a male bud called "Thai Stick"
yes... it tasted like smoking matchsticks
but i still got pretty dam stoned
also male weed called "Bush" is quite good
2 of us got completely wasted off it
where as 1 of us claimed to not feel a think
but im pretty sure male plants do contain thc
because i seriously doubt me imagining the fealing.

wert
20-06-09, 11:12 AM
male plants CAN be used for making hash
and male plants are still smokeable
i have smoked a male bud called "Thai Stick"
yes... it tasted like smoking matchsticks
but i still got pretty dam stoned
also male weed called "Bush" is quite good
2 of us got completely wasted off it
where as 1 of us claimed to not feel a think
but im pretty sure male plants do contain thc
because i seriously doubt me imagining the fealing.
:rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp:

iTz-Tee_H_See
20-06-09, 11:18 AM
lolz you quoted that just too laugh
thts quite funny in itself :D

wert
20-06-09, 11:29 AM
the male plant does not produce any resin glands at all. this doesn't mean that there is no THC present in male plants there is a small amount it's the trichomes (resin glands) that are used to make hash.
thai stick male ?
whats male bush?

Monty Bong
20-06-09, 11:34 AM
Thai Sticks arn't male, they're female buds that have been skewerd on to a stem.

Eggbox
20-06-09, 12:52 PM
:rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp:

:D

Male plants are useless, 'cept from breeding or making well dodgy hash :)

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 04:40 PM
i read that if you smoke male pollen, then smoke a female plant "the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection." is that true?

all male and female plants have THC present just in varying amounts, if grown properly certain males will be stronger than certain females and its not just thc that gets you stoned the other cannibols present will be responsible for a heavy, sleepy stoned effect. THC just gives you the "High"

wert
21-06-09, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=iTz-Tee_H_See;170344]i read that if you smoke male pollen, then smoke a female plant "the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection." is that true?

how old are you?

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=iTz-Tee_H_See;170344]i read that if you smoke male pollen, then smoke a female plant "the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection." is that true?

how old are you?

...What Does That Have To Do With What I Am Able To Read?

Monty Bong
21-06-09, 09:57 PM
i read that if you smoke male pollen, then smoke a female plant "the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection." is that true?

Yes that is absolutly true. UK Cheese originated from a seed that was attached to Bob Marleys lung, the US goverment crossed it with a seed that was found attached to John Lennons lung (after the post mortem obviuosly) then the cross was named uk cheese. Some great strains have come from seeds found attched to peoples lungs.

I really need to stop smoking this MMG :greet:

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 10:03 PM
Yes that is absolutly true. UK Cheese originated from a seed that was attached to Bob Marleys lung, the US goverment crossed it with a seed that was found attached to John Lennons lung (after the post mortem obviuosly) then the cross was named uk cheese. Some great strains have come from seeds found attched to peoples lungs.

I really need to stop smoking this MMG :greet:

... :s its only what i read of a site, sum people on this site r rly cocky and sarcastic, what is the point???

Monty Bong
21-06-09, 10:12 PM
Sorry had a few beers and spliffs, didn't mean to offend.

But with comments like....

Come on, what was you expecting....:boobs:

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 10:46 PM
Sorry had a few beers and spliffs, didn't mean to offend.

But with comments like....

Come on, what was you expecting....:boobs:

even tho the fact of me asking if it is possible, seeing as it dusnt sound or seem to be possible... why else would i mention it.

Monty Bong
21-06-09, 10:51 PM
even tho the fact of me asking if it is possible, seeing as it dusnt sound or seem to be possible... why else would i mention it.

sorry you've lost me now... :o

Peace and love brother. :bigjoint:

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 10:54 PM
sorry you've lost me now... :o

Peace and love brother. :bigjoint:

me putting "Is That True" and the end of it......

Monty Bong
21-06-09, 11:03 PM
No, I think it's untrue.

I don't believe that inhaled stigmas from a female cannabis plant that have somehow become attached to a human lung can be pollinated from the pollen of an inhaled male plant. Call me old fashioned, but i'm pretty sure it's not possible.

But i reckon it would make a bloody good film. :bigjoint:

iTz-Tee_H_See
21-06-09, 11:11 PM
No, I think it's untrue.

I don't believe that inhaled stigmas from a female cannabis plant that have somehow become attached to a human lung can be pollinated from the pollen of an inhaled male plant. Call me old fashioned, but i'm pretty sure it's not possible.

But i reckon it would make a bloody good film. :bigjoint:

:blush: :sign_thistopicsucks

wert
22-06-09, 01:21 AM
o.k i'm sorry i was sarcastic.
lets look at this question.when i am trying to contain male pollen after i have used it for pollinating a female i dampen it to stop it spreading and make it non viable.now after burning it in a joint and going into your lungs which are lubricated i would say the pollen is pretty useless.couple this with the fact you have just dried(killed the female bud)and also burned this before inhaleing it i would say this is pretty non viable as breeding stock as well.add these two factors together and they are not ideal conditions for pollination or germination.i think the odds of this happening are less than winning the lottery 2 weeks running.
the reason i asked your age is because this sounded like one of those rumours that you hear in the playground at school.
wert

iTz-Tee_H_See
22-06-09, 08:44 AM
nah it was written by a "pro" on "rollitup", thats why i was confused, every1 seemed to believe him i was looking into smokin male plants at the time, and came across it.
peace

wert
22-06-09, 10:34 AM
post 22 was written by monty bong who is one of the more knowledgable growers on this forum ,i am sure he would not expect anyone to read and repeat this as fact as he was joking .maybe the "expert'' you speak of was doing the same.

iTz-Tee_H_See
22-06-09, 12:14 PM
...no, he strictly said that as a fact, wrong as his facts maybe, but was still being serious... all it was was 1 question, no need to defend this to the grave, i didnt say "awww your all wrong, this "pro" on rollitup is right" did i? just chillout, drop it, :S

jobby2812
22-06-09, 01:52 PM
Don't eat apple pips/seeds. They can germinate in your stomach and in a few months you could end up with an apple tree growing out your ears and nose.

Wash the dirt behind your ears. Someone may plant some spuds there if your not careful.

Mums don't give birth. Babies arrive by storks and left at the bottom of the cabbage patch.

Without taking the piss do you see how the others saw it? Sorry really couldn't resist. Promise not to take the piss again on this.

Oh and I do believe yes is the answer to the original question. You will just need to use more males to get the same effect as using females as I understand.

iTz-Tee_H_See
22-06-09, 02:10 PM
every1 on this website who are well known
ARE FUCKING COCKS!!
grow the fuck up, u all sound like little attention deprived chilldren with no bollocks
i ask a fuckin question that another so called "PRO" like ureselvs (HA!!)
stated was true, so STFU, unless u wanna be helpfull, dont talk.

iTz-Tee_H_See
22-06-09, 02:12 PM
there was a young man named jobby,
who haboured an illicit hobby,
with renknowned growing fame,
he put our plants to shame,
that bright young man named jobby'

without taking the piss do you see why u sound like a cock??

Manny
22-06-09, 02:33 PM
This is a forum for like minded people & you are coming across as a child.If that is how you feel then FUCK RIGHT OFF.

jobby2812
22-06-09, 02:36 PM
1) First and for most I appologise. Yes I knew I was being a dick but in all fairness it was a silly comment. Even if a mod had wrote it in the first place. Glad I don't go on that site if the mods are giving out that kind of information. Again my appologies

2) I have never once said I was a PRO

3) I never wrote my poem

4) I thought I was shit not cock. Well that is the impression I get from all the comments I receive about my user name

5) I am not that well known on here. I mean I don't have any real friends. Dekay is the only one who has shown any real interest in my last couple of grows. Yes I am the sad little boy (not so little any more) who sits in the corner playing with himself

6) I answered the original question

7) Was trying make humour. Something that doesn't ever seem to get across on all forums that I have seen.

So once again I appologise for trying to make light of what was said. I will crawl back into my little corner and play with myself.

SORRY

marmalade dreams
22-06-09, 02:52 PM
every1 on this website who are well known
ARE FUCKING COCKS!!
grow the fuck up, u all sound like little attention deprived chilldren with no bollocks
i ask a fuckin question that another so called "PRO" like ureselvs (HA!!)
stated was true, so STFU, unless u wanna be helpfull, dont talk.

Talk about winning over friends and influencing people :rolleye:

After this post and your recent thread slagging everyone off, I'm not surprised to see you've been banned.

Monty Bong
22-06-09, 02:56 PM
iTz-Tee_H_See

I'm pretty sure the thread on the other forum you mention was discussing this story....http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Tree-Found-In-Lung-Seed-Sprouted-Inside-Russian-Mans-Chest/Article/200904315262048?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article _Teaser_Region_7&lid=ARTICLE_15262048_Tree_Found_In_Lung%3A_Seed_Sp routed_Inside_Russian_Mans_Chest_

A fir tree seed allegedly germinated on the lung of a Russian man. The thread then goes on to discuss whether or not the whole thing was a hoax or if it was possible for a seed to germinate on a living lung.

Your question was this....

I think you may be getting the words germination and pollination mixed up.

Sorry that my banter has upset you so much, however it didn't warrant the personal attacks on most of the forum members.

Bobby Digital
22-06-09, 03:09 PM

:rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: pmsl
good one

John Smith
22-06-09, 04:44 PM
Ive heard this story but it was slightly different,

A guy (A PRO) bought a pack of "Lemon Stinky" but when they arrived he realised he didnt even have any pots or soil nevermind a HPS, so he ate the seeds instead, thing was he didnt have any teeth so they ended up getting swallowed whole and the next day he went for a banging shit, the seeds came out with them undigested and still viable, he had apeek at the pan and noticed the seeds inbedded in his poo and decided not to flush the toilet,
legend has it that the seeds sprouted and he ended up with 5ft "Lemon Stinky" growing out of his bog (with a few blue bottles dead along the window sil) and the rest is history.....is that true?

If this ever happens this could be a classic grow diary, may end up a sticky!

wert
22-06-09, 04:52 PM
WHO BANNED HIM
I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVID
i am retired and very bored and was banking on him being around for a while as light entertainment ,i haven't laughed so much and forgot about the pain in my back for years i had the best nights sleep for a long time.
BRING BACK ITS TEE....

WTL
23-06-09, 08:30 AM
It was me Wert, and dont worry it was only a 24hr ban. If he comes back or not is now up to him.

Cridiba
23-06-09, 11:29 AM

:rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp: :rvmp:

tra
24-06-09, 10:00 AM
the male plant does not produce any resin glands at all. this doesn't mean that there is no THC present in male plants there is a small amount it's the trichomes (resin glands) that are used to make hash.
thai stick male ?
whats male bush?

You are contradincting yourself m8.
Pretty mych all cannabis plants to have resin glands on them (trycs) , on leaves, buds etc.
Female plants have lots of trycs on the buds.
Male plants have lot less on their leaves but do have it.

Pollen is the male "sperm" used for breeding. It is yellow.
Sometimes pollen gets confused with unpresed hash aka. resin glands aka trycs.

Male trycs will get you some sort of a high, male "sperm" :sign_thistopicsucks would probablly not :D

And yes. You can make hash out of male plants.
Dont expect it to be Amsterdam's Finest though, and you might need to smoke more than you are used to because it's male hash afterall.

But the bottom line is: Males do make trycs therefore they do make hash, not the best though.
And stop misstaking pollen for trycs.
Both males and females have trycs, not both have pollen.
Pollen is a sexual cell (aka. sperm)
Trycs are resin glands believed to protect the plants from something, not known exactly because the debate still goes on.

Hope this is usefull to you guys.
So if a bunch of trycs look like pollen, believe me, they are not :D

tra
24-06-09, 10:03 AM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz-Tee_H_See View Post
i read that if you smoke male pollen, then smoke a female plant "the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection." is that true? "

wert
24-06-09, 10:45 AM
You are contradincting yourself m8.
Pretty mych all cannabis plants to have resin glands on them (trycs) , on leaves, buds etc.
Female plants have lots of trycs on the buds.
Male plants have lot less on their leaves but do have it.

Pollen is the male "sperm" used for breeding. It is yellow.
Sometimes pollen gets confused with unpresed hash aka. resin glands aka trycs.

Male trycs will get you some sort of a high, male "sperm" :sign_thistopicsucks would probablly not :D

And yes. You can make hash out of male plants.
Dont expect it to be Amsterdam's Finest though, and you might need to smoke more than you are used to because it's male hash afterall.

But the bottom line is: Males do make trycs therefore they do make hash, not the best though.
And stop misstaking pollen for trycs.
Both males and females have trycs, not both have pollen.
Pollen is a sexual cell (aka. sperm)
Trycs are resin glands believed to protect the plants from something, not known exactly because the debate still goes on.

Hope this is usefull to you guys.
So if a bunch of trycs look like pollen, believe me, they are not :D
hi is that you its tee?!!!!

tra
24-06-09, 10:57 AM
I don't know who tee is :D
This is Tra :D

And by the way man. Are you from Spain?

wert
24-06-09, 11:42 AM
male plants make the pollen in the anthers of their flowers. the anthers are part of the stamen(the male reproduction bits) the male flowers have stalked glands on the sepals( the green bit that covers the flower), but they are smaller and less concentrated than on the female bud. male flowers form glands along the opposite sides of the anthers .these are like the stuff found on hemp and will probably just give you a headache.they are not the same trichomes that are found on a female bud at harvest
yes there are varying amounts of thc in different male plants but as far as i can see you would need a hell of a lot of male plants to make hash as even with female trim you have a far larger concentration than on a full male plant and the quality would be a shot in the dark.
if anyone would like to make hash from a male plant please do and let us know the results so we can put this to bed.....over and out wert.

tra
24-06-09, 12:57 PM
I agree with you wert.
But there are strains in wich males are pretty potent. So in the end you just have to try and see 4 yourself.

DaileySmoker
14-07-09, 10:10 AM
Haha that was one of the funniest thread's i've read!! No need for all the abuse. Thought weed chilled people out !!! :D

bertie
14-07-09, 10:22 PM
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

"he went for a banging shit" "then a 5ft lemon stinky grew from the toilat"

seeds germin inside your lungs.. hahahaha

I had a GOOD laugh reading this thread.

doped
21-08-09, 10:13 PM
This made me laugh the hardest I have all year! Seriously! I'm not even high! :) BRING BACK IT'S TEE H SEE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

nooby_dr_green_thumb
22-08-09, 11:32 AM
lol
someone needs to make a big sticky in caps saying MALE PLANTS PLEASE READ
then explaine the shit about males, lol
im no pro so i carnt do it, im a noob

smokeweedallday
25-08-09, 01:04 PM
this must be the most irrelivaent thread ive read but man aint stoned and im pissing myself i agree bring bk tee h see this boy is a joker pmsl hahahahahahahahahahaha !:bump:

dubaholic
09-10-09, 10:04 PM
seems everyonjes biast to the male plant i do agree i fucking love smoking female but , im pretty sure that male plants contain some forms of cannaboids coz ive smoked males through a gravity bong before and i was quite suprisingly stoned.

bagseed
10-10-09, 03:32 PM
haha this thread is hilarious dont know why the negative posts cant believe people take things serious

welsh wizard 88
10-10-09, 03:51 PM
some male plants can produce more thc than others, you never know you might be in for a surprise..???

wert
10-10-09, 03:58 PM
but if you was not growing the male for breeding would you waste space and time growing one to smoke?

dj #
10-10-09, 03:59 PM
but if you was not growing the male for breeding would you waste space and time growing one to smoke?no of course not ;)

some funny thread this! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

welsh wizard 88
10-10-09, 04:03 PM
no i wouldnt wert :leaf: