PDA

View Full Version : Help with Epsom Salts and Molasses ratio in feed for soil pls

DrGonzo
10-08-13, 09:43 AM
Hey Peeps,

Im growing using John Innes No2 soil, 10inchx10inch pots, watering 1-1.5L plain old tap water (left out between feeds every 2-3days)....

Would I be right in thinking 1tsp of Epsom salts added to the water would be about right?? And should I dissolve that teaspoon in a shot glass of warm water first then add to the feed?

Would this be the same ratio for the molasses as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Gonzo

Rory Breaker
10-08-13, 09:47 AM
yes 1 teaspoon of epsom's per litre of water.. or in veg you can use it as a foliar spray

molasses 1 teaspoon per litre once a week in flower and then daily during final flush

Alzy
10-08-13, 10:08 AM
yes 1 teaspoon of epsom's per litre of water.. or in veg you can use it as a foliar spray

molasses 1 teaspoon per litre once a week in flower and then daily during final flush

That's a bit strong with the epsoms, I do 1 big spoon(table spoon) to 1gallon/5litres. Teaspoon to a litre sounds too much.
Molasses I do as Rory does but I don't use it anymore.

Ensure you fully dissolve both of them in warm water befor adding to ya solution.

Green mojos

🐸
Check out the scrog
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=100889

DrGonzo
10-08-13, 11:20 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Cool, this is my first grow and I haven't killed them yet, so i'll tread lightly and use half a level teaspoon to start on my poor ol test plant with a teaspoon of molasses. If all goes well ill feed the other two fems. Ill also put both in an egg cup of warm water beforehand and add when dissolved.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated!!!

Gonzo

mr.gr33n
10-08-13, 09:00 PM
i usually go 2 teaspoons into 10 liters,
for me - less is more

B.A.BARACUS
10-08-13, 09:06 PM
1 tsp per litre for a foliar feed is the quickest fix.. 1tsp per 4 litres is suffice for root feeding.. Repeat if necessary after 3 days...

Oh & while I'm here theres no point in foliar feeding just before lights out because the stomata closes & Plant can't take anything through its leaves..

A light spray at lights on is cool...