PDA

View Full Version : Can I Scrog 4 plants at once under a 600watt HPS light

PorknStalk
18-08-13, 06:04 PM
well the title basically askes the question this has probably already been covered in the forum but id rather ask a question than search for answers.

Oxy
18-08-13, 06:06 PM
hell yea go for it m8,, i would use same strain for flowering times, or diff strains with same flowering times,, but i don't go with whats on the packets of seeds

Rory Breaker
18-08-13, 06:11 PM
yes, you would just need to veg for less time than you would using 1, 2 or 3 plants

PorknStalk
18-08-13, 06:31 PM
im gonna be growing sharksbreath from dnagenetics in coco just wondering if I should scrog them or not? and what sized pots I should do them in?
any answers are appreciated.

trumptummy
18-08-13, 07:14 PM
Yes mate you could do theoretically but I'd suggest using clones or a strain that produces homogenous (at least for the sake of argument) plants. I reckon it would be a right pain in the arse with stuff flowering/finishing at different times and different stretching etc.

Do them in the biggest pots you can manage, I don't think you can have a pot that's too big.

PorknStalk
18-08-13, 07:27 PM
what liter/gallon would you suggest?

trumptummy
19-08-13, 12:19 AM
depends on veg but i beleive a popular choice would be 20l but i just think bigger the better really mate. i'd have 1000l pots if i could.

B.A.BARACUS
19-08-13, 07:36 AM
Yes you can.

DaveyJones
19-08-13, 08:01 AM
Personally I would only scrog with cuttings taken from the same mother, almost impossible to estimate the stretch and growth otherwise :p

What size is your space?
For 1-1.2m squared you might wanna look at 25-30L airpots, not sure how big they make em but think I saw 30L in Baracus berry bomb scrog? :)

B.A.BARACUS
19-08-13, 09:22 AM
Personally I would only scrog with cuttings taken from the same mother, almost impossible to estimate the stretch and growth otherwise :p

What size is your space?
For 1-1.2m squared you might wanna look at 25-30L airpots, not sure how big they make em but think I saw 30L in Baracus berry bomb scrog? :)

Mine was 20l although they make 50L and even larger I think..

Alzy
24-08-13, 03:13 AM
I'm doing 4 in 20L pots
See link below

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=100889

yolo1970
10-09-13, 02:02 PM
What would the veg times be from rooted clones till you go 12/12 and how long you keep training them for. Have always been curious about info on scrogs. At a guess id prob say 4 weeks veg from rooted clones for 4 plants under a 600w. Let it grow to the screen that will be 10-12 inchs above bucket then train for few weeks. what sort of yields you be looking from a grow like this

Stoney joe
10-09-13, 02:07 PM
What would the veg times be from rooted clones till you go 12/12 and how long you keep training them for. Have always been curious about info on scrogs. At a guess id prob say 4 weeks veg from rooted clones for 4 plants under a 600w. Let it grow to the screen that will be 10-12 inchs above bucket then train for few weeks. what sort of yields you be looking from a grow like this

Hard to say realy that all depends on the strain u choose and the space uv got to fill aswell as ur screen hight, they do tend to take a lil longer to vedg but IMO a scrog is well worth the wait

yolo1970
10-09-13, 02:20 PM
by how long extra thou. 1 week,2 week or 6 weeks.

Stoney joe
10-09-13, 03:04 PM
That all depends on how long u normally vedg for and the space uv got to fill chek out my critical sensi star diary I had a dr90 tent with 2 plants and it was only a 4 week vedge, but saying that I recently did 5 critical jack here're in a dr120 witch took 9 weeks to fill the screen as sed befor it's hard to say as there's too many vairibls

yolo1970
10-09-13, 03:42 PM
That all depends on how long u normally vedg for and the space uv got to fill chek out my critical sensi star diary I had a dr90 tent with 2 plants and it was only a 4 week vedge, but saying that I recently did 5 critical jack here're in a dr120 witch took 9 weeks to fill the screen as sed befor it's hard to say as there's too many vairibls

Yes i see. You see, i have a friend who was thinking of doing a 9 plant scrog with 3x600w and using white berry strain. 3 under each light but he hasnt a clue about how long itll take to fill the 3x1m screen. I was saying 4 weeks, others where saying alot longer maybe 7 weeks but IMO, thats way to long for a strain like this that finishes early. Ive also told him not to do such a grow because that many lights is crazy IMO but theres no talking to him lol. Ill tell you one thing, i wont be setting foot in his house anytime soon but in saying that, im away working untill xmass and thank fuck i am incase i got the courage to pop round for a wee nosey lol.

Stoney joe
10-09-13, 03:56 PM
Phaw the possibility of what he can achieve of such a grow would be amazing I managed to to get 14 oz dry off the critical sensi star under a 400w duel spec and that was a slightly smaller screen,

as for how long I cudent say as iv never grown that strain befor

I'd still advise he try it as soon as I tryed a scrog iv never looked back well worth the wait IMO

yolo1970
10-09-13, 04:05 PM
Phaw the possibility of what he can achieve of such a grow would be amazing I managed to to get 14 oz dry off the critical sensi star under a 400w duel spec and that was a slightly smaller screen,

as for how long I cudent say as iv never grown that strain befor

I'd still advise he try it as soon as I tryed a scrog iv never looked back well worth the wait IMO

I think the strain is best suited for a sog as its a single cola strain(what ever that means) but hes been told he can top it and it should respond well. Dont think its a heavy yielder or so hes been told but it finishes early but in saying all that, thats about all he knows about this strain. The reason for this strain is that he can get free cuttings.

Fuck me, just reading you got 14oz of a 400w, if thats the case, this boy could possibly get 50ozs out of this grow. Jesus fuck , i defo wont be setting foot even in his street never mind his house lol. Is them yields even possible with just 9 plants in a scrog.

Stoney joe
10-09-13, 04:14 PM
Haha no I'd stay we'll away aswell , but with the right strain 50 oz from his setup would be qwite easy to hit and beat if it was me I'd buy sum seeds just for pice of mind but that's just me

Tel him to join the forum I'd love to see how this 1 turns out

Germanator
10-09-13, 04:23 PM
well the title basically askes the question this has probably already been covered in the forum but id rather ask a question than search for answers.

thats what i will be doing mate

yolo1970
10-09-13, 04:34 PM
Haha no I'd stay we'll away aswell , but with the right strain 50 oz from his setup would be qwite easy to hit and beat if it was me I'd buy sum seeds just for pice of mind but that's just me

Tel him to join the forum I'd love to see how this 1 turns out

Can they even do me for being in a house where a grow is happening even if i had fuck all to do with it and the mate owned up to everything or does the law not give a fuck and just hammer anyone who sets foot in it. 50 ozs would be quite easy, jesus fuck! thats some amount of weed but in saying that, thats what he wants because after it, hes shutting up shop and getting high for 6 months without the worry of his door getting kicked in for a grow.

Ill ask him to join up but dont think he will because he doesnt like using the forums asking for info incase he shoots himself in the foot. Fs i wouldnt even have used my own internet connection myself if i was home for asking such questions so thank fuck im away working and using the someones wireless lol. However i might just ask him to send me his info/pics and if im still on this wireless, ill keep yous all posted. Might tell him to down scale it though because it sounds to big to me but theres prob no talking to him because he thinks he'll be ok with it being under the 10 plant limit for supply. Wether he'll get away with this for so much weed if caught is another thing all together.

sawleaf
17-09-13, 02:10 AM
my first scrog I started with 6 plants. after I flipped, 5 were boys. during the extraction of the boys I torn off, accidently, one of the main brances from the lady. at harvest time after dring I ended up with just under 9 ounces, and this was my first scrog, nut burn, mag. dificence and a few other learning curves so yaaaaaaaaaa you will make your target eventually. maybe not this grow but yaaaaaa.

The budda
18-10-13, 05:40 PM
just researhing scrogging its new to me though ive been growing a fair while now ive never actually scrogged i was planning on the same sort off grow as your friend with 8 kalisnapple x pure gooey have just cleared my tent and have the rooted clones just transplanted
be a cool way to introduce myself to the forum i suppose lol
dr240 1800ws 8 clones 20l pots aiming for a 5 week veg under a 600w and a 400 w game on il smoke 50ozs

The budda
18-10-13, 05:42 PM
just ressearching scrogging its new to me though ive been growing a fair while now ive never actually scrogged i was planning on the same sort off grow as your friend with 8 kalisnapple x pure gooey have just cleared my tent and have the rooted clones just transplanted
be a cool way to introduce myself to the forum i suppose lol
dr240 1800ws 8 clones 20l pots aiming for a 5 week veg under a 600w and a 400 w game on il smoke 50ozs

sawleaf
26-10-13, 05:38 AM
Yes i see. You see, i have a friend who was thinking of doing a 9 plant scrog with 3x600w and using white berry strain. 3 under each light but he hasnt a clue about how long itll take to fill the 3x1m screen. I was saying 4 weeks, others where saying alot longer maybe 7 weeks but IMO, thats way to long for a strain like this that finishes early. Ive also told him not to do such a grow because that many lights is crazy IMO but theres no talking to him lol. Ill tell you one thing, i wont be setting foot in his house anytime soon but in saying that, im away working untill xmass and thank fuck i am incase i got the courage to pop round for a wee nosey lol.

with my scrog it usually takes about 8 weeks of veg to get the 2x2 ft screen 70% full. as far as the light go 4 per light is more like it and safer so maybe 2 lights for the 9. tho I think I would just go 6 under 1 600 watter would be fine in a scrog. just my opinion

I use 3 gallon pots and I don't get root bound at all. all the roots are nice and white and free. and I use da coco.

sawleaf
26-10-13, 05:45 AM
I think the strain is best suited for a sog as its a single cola strain(what ever that means) but hes been told he can top it and it should respond well. Dont think its a heavy yielder or so hes been told but it finishes early but in saying all that, thats about all he knows about this strain. The reason for this strain is that he can get free cuttings.

Fuck me, just reading you got 14oz of a 400w, if thats the case, this boy could possibly get 50ozs out of this grow. Jesus fuck , i defo wont be setting foot even in his street never mind his house lol. Is them yields even possible with just 9 plants in a scrog.

he could get 90 PLUS ounces out of this setup

yolo1970
09-11-13, 08:10 PM
he could get 90 PLUS ounces out of this setup

Theyll fucking hang him lol