PDA

View Full Version : How many plants

mattdps2
21-08-07, 01:53 AM
I have a closet that is 6 x 2 x 7 and I have a 400w HPS.... How many plants can I start in that space? Is there any way to find out sex and then go back to veg? that way I would have more space. How much ventalation should I have for this setup?

sry for all the questions ..

Midnight Toker
21-08-07, 08:11 AM
I have a closet that is 6 x 2 x 7 and I have a 400w HPS.... How many plants can I start in that space? Is there any way to find out sex and then go back to veg? that way I would have more space. How much ventalation should I have for this setup?

sry for all the questions ..

Morning Matt.

You could start loads in smallish (4-5") pots, but the problem will be that they dont show sex for a while & could get to quite a reasonable size before you know which ones are keepers.

I'd go for @ 12 plants & if you are lucky enough to get @ 50/50 M/F you'll be about right.

You could always try going 12/12 from seed for @ 3 weeks to see what you've got & then repot the ladies & throw the males.

Personally i just keep em on 12/12 but then i have "height issues" to consider but there's no reason why you cant veg for a while longer if you want too.

I'd be using at least a 100mm RVK/Ruck to vent a space that size with a HPS M8, they give off a lot of heat & you will need to keep the temps under control.

I use a 150mm with a CF on my new coolshade reflector :headbang: & have 2 100mm passive air intakes, one either side near the bottom of the growroom to ensure good even airflow through the space.

Yer nearly there Dude !!!