PDA

View Full Version : Pot Size

Mr-Dynamic
22-08-07, 04:07 PM
Just been having a little think about pots for my next grow, I want to get 4 in the space, but i wondering, whats the bottom range for pot size versus yield, i know it ranges between strains obviously, but for the space i have 36'' wide and 18 inches deep , that would put the pots somewhere around 8-9L/pot, would that be enough soil? Im gonna purchase some Lemon Stinky seeds for the next one, so im wonderin if matt could speculate on that pot size seeing as he knows this strain better than anyone else.. the max size i can go to get 4 plants in there is 22.5cm width/depth, otherwise the pots wont fit in the 45cm depth of the wardrobe. so if anyone knows anywhere that sells pots around 22cm x22cm would be groovy, or as close as. an 18cm one is too small i think, its only 6 litres or so..

plus with having only a 250w, more soil, means more roots, better yield, which is key with a small light.

Diaper
22-08-07, 04:20 PM
Just go with the biggest you can fit in the spaceyou have, but don't put them straight into the big pots. I use 4",7",10" and so on, letting them root out in each size before moving to the next. That way you get a good solid root mass sorted before flowering. Once in the final pots just wait for the roots to show @ the drain holes then switch to flower.

Good luck.

Mr-Dynamic
22-08-07, 04:26 PM
Ive got smaller pots from this grow still, ill clean those out and re use them, im thinking for final pots dude. I wanna get the best from this light and that means everything else needs to be spot on to ensure the best results i can get.(hopefully)

Might end up getting 25cm/2 and just cut them down a little so they fit.

Chino
04-08-10, 10:24 AM
Its around a 1/2 gallon per foot.
1 gallon for 2 foot, 3 gallon for 6 foot etc.

Pink_tiger
04-08-10, 10:27 AM
9lt pot is fine Hun. But I doubt ull fit 4 in that space, unless I'm reading it wrong x

up2nogood
04-08-10, 11:20 AM
Just been having a little think about pots for my next grow, I want to get 4 in the space, but i wondering, whats the bottom range for pot size versus yield, i know it ranges between strains obviously, but for the space i have 36'' wide and 18 inches deep , that would put the pots somewhere around 8-9L/pot, would that be enough soil? Im gonna purchase some Lemon Stinky seeds for the next one, so im wonderin if matt could speculate on that pot size seeing as he knows this strain better than anyone else.. the max size i can go to get 4 plants in there is 22.5cm width/depth, otherwise the pots wont fit in the 45cm depth of the wardrobe. so if anyone knows anywhere that sells pots around 22cm x22cm would be groovy, or as close as. an 18cm one is too small i think, its only 6 litres or so..

plus with having only a 250w, more soil, means more roots, better yield, which is key with a small light.

if your not sure about the pot sizes here it is
pot sizes (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?27396-Pot-sizes&highlight=pot+sizes)

SJD
04-08-10, 05:34 PM
Think he might have sorted it as the post was 3 years ago lol.

up2nogood
04-08-10, 05:49 PM
Think he might have sorted it as the post was 3 years ago lol.

was it..chino replied yesterday so I thought it was a recent one..

SJD
04-08-10, 06:02 PM
was it..chino replied yesterday so I thought it was a recent one..

Chino posted today just look at the dates!

Not that it really matters lol

Just tickled me that someone would reply to a thread from 2007. :stoned-smilie:

up2nogood
04-08-10, 06:47 PM

lol..chino and pink tiger replied first ...I just replied because those two replied before me..:stoned-smilie:

CockRoach
04-08-10, 07:01 PM
oh thats sooooo funnny

not your day is it nogood mate lol

cock

up2nogood
04-08-10, 07:08 PM
cock i wasnt the first one to reply to the 3 year old thread mate..I just seen chino and pinkys reply.fek i don't look at the date when replying lol

up2nogood
04-08-10, 07:26 PM

no it was posted last night..ask tiger..I don't know why it says today but I promise you 100% that is was relied to last night!.lol

SJD
04-08-10, 07:27 PM
lol..chino and pink tiger replied first ...I just replied because those two replied before me..:stoned-smilie:

I was on about chino as he was the one that posted first on a 3 year old thread lol.

you sound para nogood! haha

up2nogood
04-08-10, 07:31 PM
I was on about chino as he was the one that posted first on a 3 year old thread lol.

you sound para nogood! haha

think you're right...had a bad day mate thats all

SJD
04-08-10, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you need to skin up lol

Id share mind if i could reach :stoned-smilie:

up2nogood
04-08-10, 07:42 PM
:) :stoned-smilie:

Toking-24-7
05-08-10, 11:25 AM
Why has your pot guide not have 5.5l and 11l? As I use both lol.

up2nogood
05-08-10, 12:36 PM
Why has your pot guide not have 5.5l and 11l? As I use both lol.

if I added every single size I would be all day lol..these are "approx sizes" and its easy to figure out 5.5 is half of 11 so just half the size mate..:leaf:

Pat_Bateman
08-08-10, 04:50 PM
How do I know when the plant has finished rooting, or how to say? I have a seed in soil that expects pop up from the soil anyday now hpoefully...