PDA

View Full Version : LED ScrOG - two grows in one tent??

Yardie-bre
11-10-13, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone. I've been reading up on the site all week gathering allot of info about different aspects of growing, as I'm planning to start my first grow at the end of this month. I've so far bought a secret jardin DR120 tent, 4" rhino CF and acoustic ducting and 4" inline fan, and on the way from E-shine are two 200w x 3w DS series LED lights.
I'm the first to admit I don't have much knowledge when it comes to growing, there's so much to take in!
From what I've read so far I've decided on trying to split my tent into two seperate grooms, one on top of another each 1m tall, as my tent it 2m tall in total. I was thinking about using coco and scrog. Firstly planting my seeds letting them veg for 6 weeks, switching them to 12/12 and taking cuttings, planting the cuttngs in the lower part of the groom to Veg before switching them to the 12/12 part of the tent and taking cutting from them and so on...
Is it possible to seperate a tent like this as one section will be on 12/12 and the other on 18/6?
I was planning on building a platform with a shelf on to create the top part of the groom. Also can anyone suggest how many plants I would need for a scrog in a tent thats 120x120 ? I was thinking 9 in each section, 9 vegging and 9 budding at a time? No idea if this would be possible so any info greatly apreciated!!
Thanks all,
YB

SomeGuy
11-10-13, 06:39 PM
Would need to make the two seperate areas completely light proof so that none of the light from the veg cab gets into the flowering section. Also you would need to find a way to vent the two areas as they will be sealed off from eachother.

Yardie-bre
11-10-13, 08:30 PM
Yea was thinking to make the shelf the same dimensions as the tent and seal the edges with Mylar tape. And for ventilation I was planning on using the ventilation flaps at the bottom to draw fresh air in, and to cut a ducting shape hole in the shelf, so the air can be drawn up to the top section and out of the filter which will vent through the top vent in the tent. To stop light between the two sections through the vent hole possibly I could fit a 90 degree piece of ducting between the sections through the hole to stop any light coming through? I'm thinking of ordering BB cheese seeds as that is my fav to smoke. Any suggestions on the amount of ladies I would need to fill a 4ft x 4ft screen?

El Arish
25-10-13, 10:41 PM
Cause its your first grow you will have issues to sort out on the way. Sounds a bit of an accident waiting to happen, if it were me I would keep it as simple as poss. But good luck mate hope it works well.

galt
25-10-13, 11:54 PM
Warning signs:

First grow
2 areas in one tent
SCROG
1 m of height
9 plants plus scrog
Not much knowledge when it comes to growing
coco

There is nothing inherently WRONG with your plan, except that you are a newbie. Individually, tackling one of these issues is enough for a newbie, IMHO. Piling them on top of each other will insure that you are both entertaining and painful to watch for the next couple of months. And you may get frustrated and be among the many people who sell fancy equipment at cheap prices after a few months. An experienced grower could tackle all of these and succeed. But I strongly suggest you rethink the whole plan and keep it simple.

My suggestion:

Dump the two areas idea. Dump the Scrog for your first grow. Grow four plants, spend an extra week or two in veg, and LST train or top them. Take some clones right before you flip them. Learn about germination, growing, the plants, training, light, nutrients, managing growth, heat management, bugs, mold, foliar feeding, harvesting, drying, curing, cloning, singing to them. That will be plenty challenging enough.