PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Passion:Think Different Auto Growout Competition - CLOSED

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 02:55 AM
for all those members who have already registered their interest, and those interested in participating it is finally time to announce :

The THCTalk/Dutch Passion
Think-Different Auto Growout Challenge Competition

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=232307&d=1383759165

Autoflowering (Auto) strains are not what they used to be. They're coming on in leaps and bounds these days and some of the old never-do's with autoflowering plants are getting thrown out of the window and being re-written. Long gone are the days of 1-2oz max on a lowryder and 5/8/10oz+ is becoming more and more common for certain strains.

So with this in mind an idea was formed for THCTalk members to see what they can do with Autoflowering plants.

Following a little nudging from THCTalk member DPTony, Dutch Passion have kindly agreed to sponsor this growout competition and have generously donated some 'Automatic Feminised Think Different Seeds' for several lucky members to grow.

A number of members have already taken up the challenge (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?106628-Up-for-a-growing-challenge-anyone) to grow these beans, and there are still several places left, but they are going fast. All accepted entrants will recieve feminised seed of the same batch to give everyone a level-playing-field starting point. Entrants will be expected to start their grows by the 21st November at the latest and the comp will end on the 13th February, giving everyone a 13-14 week window to grow-out the seed. The stated seed to harvest time for these auto's is 70-80days (10 - 11.5 weeks)

The Challenge :

Simply, to diarise and grow the biggest/best Think Different Autoflowering plant you can.

The Prizes :

Following a forum voting poll(s) at the end of the grow, 3 Winners will each win some seeds from Dutch Passion (strains t.b.c). 2 Winners for their specimen entry pics and 1 winner for their diary. So even if you get out-treed, a good grow diary may well win you a prize. The prizes for plants and diary are mutually exclusive, so if you win in one vote off, you can't win in the other.

The Rules:

Only members with a minimum 3mth membership and a completed/current grow diary allowed.
Entrants must agree to start the seeds & grow diaries by the 21st November 2013.
Only UK/EU growers will be accepted into the competion.
All final entry pics must be entered into this thread by midnight on the 13/02/14.
A 14 day voting poll will then be created so forum members can cast their vote.
The poll will be closed at midnight on the 27/02/14 (UK)
Winner will be announced and Prize's will be sent out asap.
Please keep all entry pictures to 640 x 480 pixels max and no thumbnails please.
All entry pictures must have a physical sign with THCtalk.com on it
No picture's are to be entered in this comp if they have been tampered with in anyway using any paint/editing programes. (Re-sizing of entry pics excepted)

Have a look here (http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/search?query=think+different) or here (http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/cannabis-seeds/product/think-different/)to get a bit more info on the strain itself, but to summarise

Cannabis genetics: AK47 (AK420 phenotype) x Ruderalis
Type: Sativa (60%), Indica (20%), ruderalis (20%).
Seed to Weed : 70-80Days
Yield: 50-250gr. per plant
THC: 16-18%+

"Think Different is the real surprise package in the Dutch Passion AutoFem collection. She has quickly established a great reputation for stunning yields and very strong weed. Even first time growers have achieved over 100g/plant and experienced growers can achieve 200g-300g+. She can grow over 1m tall in experienced hands and is a good alternative to traditional varieties, offering bumper harvests of strong cannabis just 10-11 weeks after seed germination. The genetics come from a special AK47 hybrid known as AK420.

Indoors she has the potential to yield up to 500g/m² especially in ‘scrog’ systems with powerful lights. She joined our list of best sellers just one year after she was released and has created a following of AutoFem growers who refuse to grow anything else. Serious growers like you should try growing this at least once!"

Good luck to everyone who takes up the challenge, let's see what the great growers on the forum can do with them :pimped:

* All prizes from THCtalk/Dutch Passion are intended for souvenir/preservation purposes only! *

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 03:03 AM
Disasters aside, I will be sending out the growout seeds from the 4th November. No personal details will be retained.

To the following members who have agreed to take up the challenge, send me a pm with a safe delivery address.
Bud lightyear, Brer, Cybes, dangerousdesigns, Double Zero ,duke1, Hannibal, ironjustice, Mickey77, Mr Pothead, MrMojorising, Mindless, scottishlass29, skunklung, trumptummy & Zip

To the following members who were unsure, please confirm either way a.s.a.p
Bunda-Erbb, BurninBrewer, Spot & Vlad the Inhaler

To those members who are eligible under the growing challenge rules and fancy a go, PM me soon. It's first come, first served, there's only 6-ish places left, and once they are gone.....they are gone.

Once you have the diaries up and running please let me know. I can then create/edit a link-post in this competition thread to make it easier to keep an eye on each others progress.

BurninBrewer
29-10-13, 03:51 AM
Im stateside so I can't participate, but I look forward to seeing all the grows over the next few months. Too bad too, my current run should finish just in time for this comp, good luck to all who participate!

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 04:02 AM
Im stateside so I can't participate, but I look forward to seeing all the grows over the next few months. Too bad too, my current run should finish just in time for this comp, good luck to all who participate!

It is a shame, but as DutchPassion can't send seeds to the U.S it was best to add it to the rules for this one.

ironjustice
29-10-13, 04:18 AM
PM on its way GB... and what a strain for the competition, i have not grown this out myself so will be new territory for me strain wise.. but its one i have always fancied growing, so i am well looking forward to this now...

And big up to tony for the donations for the comp... top man :bigjoint:

IJ

2Acres
29-10-13, 06:44 AM
Pm sent GB, should be an interesting growout.

Nice one Tony for the chance to experience this one.

galt
29-10-13, 07:33 AM
You guys are so lucky:

I am not in the UK/EU, so I am not eligible.
28/1/14 is not enough time. I have a new theory for autos that could get another month of veg. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
I have not been here three months.
I do not yet have completed a diary.
If I WAS eligible, I have personal issues that prevent me from competing anyway.

But I would kick all your butts!!

:stoned-smilie: :stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie:

Just kidding. I am humbled by some of the talent here . Good luck to everyone. Standing by for pics !!!

Zip
29-10-13, 08:25 AM
Nice one GB and a lovely strain mate and a big up to Dutch Passion and Tony for the chance to grow them out :mr:

Good luck to everyone entering regardless of size were all in for a bloody good smoke :D:D

mellowed
29-10-13, 09:40 AM
Good comp mate. :)

Dp certainly are doing there bit around the forum at the minute.

Cheers Dutch passion and tony for sorting it out.

ChuChu
29-10-13, 10:29 AM
Anything with AK47 in it is gonna be good..
Shame I cant do them..
Have fun peeps..

Peace..:weed:

Dave-Hester
29-10-13, 10:34 AM
I'm in gb :)

Ill pm ya on my break.

brer
29-10-13, 11:26 AM
Nice one buddy thank you , looking forward to this it'll be fun .

Hannibal
29-10-13, 11:27 AM
Im in GB Pm on the way mate, good luck all entrants.

Cybes
29-10-13, 11:39 AM
pm sent. good luck everyone:D gonna enjoy this :D

CocoMonkey
29-10-13, 11:54 AM
im in, will pm you an address shortly mate

spot
29-10-13, 01:08 PM
Im good thanks goodbuddy i have a few to do myself, good to see this comp of sorts up, really excited to see these grow:)

Upton
29-10-13, 01:09 PM
If I'm not too late count me in mate

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 01:54 PM
Don't forget the PM Upton :joint:

Well spotted galt, my dates were out slightly, but it was late and I was a bit mashed :smokie:, I have sorted that and the comp now ends on the 13th February......harvest in time for Valentines to appease the ganja widows and widowers lol :)

Hairflick
29-10-13, 02:22 PM
well looking forward to doing this :eek: good luck evreyone :weed:

DutchPassionTony
29-10-13, 05:35 PM
well, good luck to everyone who takes part, but more than that we hope everyone has some real fun. We have seen some really impressive results with Think Different so we hope a few people surprise themselves with the results that are possible with a good quality modern auto.

If anyone is looking for inspiration or growing advice on Think Different there are plenty of grow diaries on the Dutch Passion Think Different web page. Just click the 'more info' tab on the Think Different web page and you will see them (I dont think I am allowed to post links but you should find them easy enough)

Enjoy! and there will be some seeds and goodies for the winners

Upton
29-10-13, 05:40 PM
Looks like I'll be growing a large auto next to my 4 pot system... Hann talk to the wife for me mate ;)

Thanks for the comp GB and Tony :)

Hannibal
29-10-13, 05:44 PM
Why don't you just do four autos for now test your new system out. Just because your scared of your wife, why get me do your dirty work for you. lol

Upton
29-10-13, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure 72l pots will be big enough mate ;) Then again that ain't a bad idea :)

weepresty
29-10-13, 05:53 PM
I grew that last year:D

took a while to be fair,

but was strongest Auto I grew out the 4 I done

Your in for treat fellas:D:D

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3385/medium/DSCF0632_800x600_.jpg

Upton
29-10-13, 05:54 PM
How long from seed mate? nice plant btw :)

weepresty
29-10-13, 05:57 PM
How long from seed mate? nice plant btw :)

99 days:D

Was in soil under 400w

I done a diary,feck knows how to link you to it tho mate,

was ages ago:D

strong tho,noticeably stronger than the others

spot
29-10-13, 06:16 PM
Excellent gesture tony, cant wait to see these grown with thc members:)

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 06:48 PM
send me a pm percy :)

you might have to rethink the John Innes ratios though :p

CocoMonkey
29-10-13, 07:39 PM
How many beans you sending is it just the one?

ironjustice
29-10-13, 08:29 PM
some good growers entered here lads!!! should be an interesting one so good luck to all entered! and win lose or draw, we should all be in for a decent smoke as this stuff is meant to be like rocket fuel :bong:

Can't fucking wait now... mon the TD!!! lol

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 08:29 PM
How many beans you sending is it just the one?

As there is going to be nigh on 30 competitors its just the one this time. But Ive never had any go astray or get crushed before and i will have a couple over for emergencies....and to grow one myself :D

Captain Beefheart
29-10-13, 08:36 PM
good luck to all,i hope u all get some monster`s ( remember donzo`s diary ) atb:mr:

Upton
29-10-13, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the reminder Cpt that was a massive plant and if I remember correctly the reason Donzo built the tent extension. These TD can get bloody big people :D

CocoMonkey
29-10-13, 09:16 PM
Mite have one or two fall at the first hurdle then, hopefully not though. It will be interesting to see what everyone can do

TokeItUpUK
29-10-13, 09:39 PM
Sounds like fun i look forward to following the diarys

Goodbuddy
29-10-13, 09:54 PM
Mite have one or two fall at the first hurdle then, hopefully not though. It will be interesting to see what everyone can do
I reckon that all the entrants so far have more than earned their growing stripes, so not expecting too many problems on that front :stoned-smilie:

Sounds like fun i look forward to following the diarys
We'll look forward to yours too, :)

Zip
29-10-13, 10:14 PM

Me first to drop out SL , sorry buddie cant make this one but there will be others , mind you im in the pot noodle one so happy days , will be watching mate

Good luck to all who enter the comp again :bigjoint::bigjoint:

CocoMonkey
29-10-13, 10:20 PM
Me first to drop out SL , sorry buddie cant make this one but there will be others , mind you im in the pot noodle one so happy days , will be watching mate

What a shame, how come?

ironjustice
29-10-13, 11:35 PM

ahhh what? common zippo you cant bail on this one you big fanny :lol:

IJ

scottishlass29
30-10-13, 03:47 AM
can,t wait to get started yee haa

ironjustice
30-10-13, 03:55 AM
same here.. already ordering the extra bits i need as i robbed the mj1000 pump from my nft to flume in my nutrient bin when feeding run to waste... also need a few other bits as well, well near enough everything apart from the extraction and the nft system..... :lol:

better get shopping i suppose... :bigjoint:

TokeItUpUK
30-10-13, 04:28 AM
I cannot wait to get this started either. This will be my first auto ever and what a strain to do as your first auto.

trumptummy
30-10-13, 02:00 PM
I've been thinking about trying TD since I saw seymours beast. Should be fun.

Thanks to GB, DPTony and Dutch Passion for making this happen!

CocoMonkey
01-11-13, 02:11 PM
When are they being posted gb, sorry for my impatience, will it be next week some time?

Goodbuddy
01-11-13, 02:15 PM
I'm sterilising/drying the containers as i type and in the post first thing monday. :rolleyes:

Still a few places left if anyone else fancies a shot :)

spot
01-11-13, 03:32 PM
Not sure people know what they are missing out on if you have some spare.

brer
01-11-13, 04:28 PM
Seems I'll be growing DP automatics in the comp here , it'll all come out in the wash as my granny would say .

Goodbuddy
01-11-13, 04:48 PM
..it'll all come out in the wash as my granny would say .

as she handed you a pile of pinky/grey whites :joint:

Vlad the Inhaler
01-11-13, 07:14 PM
Hey-hey, as mentioned in the PM, I'm mid grow atm and have a mother on the go for my next lot, so I'm out. It's a shame as I'd have enjoyed the ride, thanks for keeping me in mind Buddy and I'll be watching from the corner. :beer:

Vladimir~ most powerful man in the world (Forbes 2013)

CocoMonkey
01-11-13, 10:20 PM
Cool just chopped one of the sage x trifle, will do the other next week just sorting the pics out for the diary, :leaf:

Captain Beefheart
01-11-13, 10:23 PM
cmon ya tyre kickers let the show commence,by the way mon tony for donating the beans and thctalk :bong:

Goodbuddy
04-11-13, 03:12 PM
Brer
Cybes
Humph
P.G
Hannibal
ironjustice
Mickey77
MrMojorising
Mindless
scottishlass29
skunklung
trumptummy
TokeItUpUK
Bunda-Erbb
Dal
Mr Pothead
Germanator91

expect a little brown package in the next day or so, and don't forget to put a diary up :weed: We may sort out a DP folder under the growout sections for these.

W.D & Double Zero, still need a safe addy please chasps :)

There are only a couple of seeds left now peeps :bong: so if you fancy it get your name in quick :)

Murdock
04-11-13, 03:25 PM
wish i had the room to have a bash but full up jst now, well done to tony for giving you,s the chance for a good grow out

Cybes
04-11-13, 03:31 PM
nice one dude looking forward to this now:) :Nice:
are we gonna be allowed to enter these in potm as well?
some good growers on this list gonna be some beasts good luck to all of you:)

Cybes
04-11-13, 03:34 PM
wish i had the room to have a bash but full up jst now, well done to tony for giving you,s the chance for a good grow out

shame dude would have been cool to see what you could have done with one in an nft ;)

CocoMonkey
04-11-13, 03:51 PM
Whoop! Whoop!

2Acres
04-11-13, 05:02 PM
The postman needs to hurry the fuck up!

Thanks GB and more importantly thankyou Tony for this opportunity to try out DP's Think Different.

Dal
04-11-13, 11:22 PM
Excellent thread GB, if anything is going still I'm interested.:joint:

Goodbuddy
04-11-13, 11:28 PM
Excellent thread GB, if anything is going still I'm interested.:joint:

Send me your safe address Dal and I'll get something in the post. If they end up anything like your skunk grow it's going to up the ante for the other growers :deviltoker:

Vlad the Inhaler
05-11-13, 12:04 AM
Who's gonna top 'em?

...just askin':D

Vlad.. =)

Goodbuddy
05-11-13, 12:12 AM
Who's gonna top 'em?

Vlad.. =)

Not sure about topping, I'll be gravity bending mine :p

ironjustice
05-11-13, 01:46 AM
Who's gonna top 'em?

Vlad.. =)

im thinking about it mate... but not sure, might just do a lot of lst and a bit of super cropping from early on.... not sure yet though :p

Cant wait to get going now...

trumptummy
05-11-13, 04:37 AM
Nice one GB! I've been busy setting up my new groom in preparation for the big day. There's some fierce competition so I thought it best to fire the 600 up and give myself some sort of chance at producing a half decent entry ;).

Goodbuddy
05-11-13, 07:59 PM
Brer
Cybes
Humph
P.G
Hannibal
ironjustice
Mickey77
MrMojorising
Mindless
scottishlass29
skunklung
trumptummy
TokeItUpUK
Bunda-Erbb
Dal
Mr Pothead
Germanator91

expect a little brown package in the next day or so, and don't forget to put a diary up :weed: We may sort out a DP folder under the growout sections for these.

W.D & Double Zero, still need a safe addy please chasps :)

There are only a couple of seeds left now peeps :bong: so if you fancy it get your name in quick :)

Only one place left :D

Some of you have one some two. Entirely random though and hopefully there will be no problems germinating them. :p

ironjustice
05-11-13, 08:35 PM
Im like a kid at christmas :)

IJ

scottishlass29
06-11-13, 01:36 AM
thank you bud x

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 01:39 AM
thank you bud x

have you got yours already ?

Humph
06-11-13, 02:11 AM
Woohoo thanks im on the shortlist, atb everybody I dont expect to win with the A team on board but I will have a lot of fun trying. :)

Mine not arrived yet maybe tomorrow....

Humph....used to be know here has dangerousdesigns

ironjustice
06-11-13, 02:35 AM
Humph mate, don't worry about the competition here... if its one thing i have learned about autos is that even the most inexperienced grower can get a massive yield of them... so don't start thinking you have lost before you start, you know rehabs for quitters etc.. :laugh:

good luck to one and all... hopefully mine will be in my postbox tomorrow :)

Peace..IJ

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 02:41 AM
Humph mate, don't worry about the competition here... if its one thing i have learned about autos is that even the most inexperienced grower can get a massive yield of them... so don't start thinking you have lost before you start, you know rehabs for quitters etc.. :laugh:

good luck to one and all... hopefully mine will be in my postbox tomorrow :)

Peace..IJ

And dont forget there will be a diary prize so even if the plant doesnt win a good/funny/disasterous grow can be a winner :D

ironjustice
06-11-13, 03:41 AM
And dont forget there will be a diary prize so even if the plant doesnt win a good/funny/disasterous grow can be a winner :D

Exactly GB, its not just about the biggest plant.. and some of the better growers may get a run for their money as they won't have as much control over the plant as they usually would as some have not grown autos at all yet, thats not to say i don;t expect to see anything less than spectacular plants all round... well here is hoping anyway :p

I might get the award for disasterous grow though.. or the shittest :laugh:

Seriously Humph don't give up before you start, and just cos its a comp doesn't mean you won't sill get help from others.. even ones doing the comp mate ;) and, to top it all of there will be 30 td diaries all at the same stage, so if all esle fails just copy who ever is doing best lmfao....

Peace...IJ

Vlad the Inhaler
06-11-13, 09:09 AM
^^Wow.. That was a rousing speech IJ, I feel ready to take on the world now! (shame I'm not on the comp):D:D

Vlad.. VIVA LA GANJA =)

CocoMonkey
06-11-13, 09:48 AM
Do we have to start a new diary GB or can I include it in my current?

Humph
06-11-13, 10:49 AM
I deffo in with a chance im not giving up mentally or otherwise in fact im just dusting down my quill and pinhole camera now.:)

Humph
06-11-13, 10:49 AM
im well looking forward to this

Exactly GB, its not just about the biggest plant.. and some of the better growers may get a run for their money as they won't have as much control over the plant as they usually would as some have not grown autos at all yet, thats not to say i don;t expect to see anything less than spectacular plants all round... well here is hoping anyway :p

I might get the award for disasterous grow though.. or the shittest :laugh:

Seriously Humph don't give up before you start, and just cos its a comp doesn't mean you won't sill get help from others.. even ones doing the comp mate ;) and, to top it all of there will be 30 td diaries all at the same stage, so if all esle fails just copy who ever is doing best lmfao....

Peace...IJ

trumptummy
06-11-13, 01:03 PM
Woohoo thanks im on the shortlist, atb everybody I dont expect to win with the A team on board but I will have a lot of fun trying. :)

Mine not arrived yet maybe tomorrow....

Humph....used to be know here has dangerousdesigns

I wouldn't worry about the a team mate, I would liken it to my 90 year old nan trying to use the internet. I'm surprised one of them hasn't popped in to ask what date we're flipping to 12/12 ;)

Humph
06-11-13, 01:09 PM
PMSL classic!!
im off to clean and bleach my groom in prep of some new inmates arriving...now where is that bloody postman?

I wouldn't worry about the a team mate, I would liken it to my 90 year old nan trying to use the internet. I'm surprised one of them hasn't popped in to ask what date we're flipping to 12/12 ;)

Humph
06-11-13, 01:12 PM
I think you can include it into your current one and I would do that as your list of completed grows is longer than my Johnson!
im up against some reals pros here I cannot wait to see what happens under my CFL's but like I said im dusted down the Nikon and david bailey is on stand by if needed but steve king has yet to agree to rewrite my grow diary im sure he will say yes tho.LOL

Humph
06-11-13, 01:22 PM
no sooner did I mention the postman and bing there he was and I got a little brown envelope......and the stamp hasn't been franked so I will reuse that so far its win win and ive not even opened it yet.

stand by

wooooohoooooo I got the jackpot 2 seeds...(im dancing around) THANKS!!

in the tissue they go now:)

and I take my hat off to you GB there packed very well, what a great idea for packing using tubing!!

now just waiting the arrival of the soil which should have been here yesterday

THANK AGAIN

CocoMonkey
06-11-13, 02:34 PM
Mines arrived too, just gone to pick it up, will germ it asap, cheers gb and dp tony :)

trumptummy
06-11-13, 02:43 PM
Wahoo! These 2 little beauties just dropped through my letter box. Gb, just to confirm, these are both td right? Great stoner ingenuity using airline for seed packaging! Thanks again mate. Let the games commence!

MrMojorising
06-11-13, 02:53 PM
the man from del monte he say 'yep posties been' :)

TokeItUpUK
06-11-13, 03:44 PM
We have intercepted the package

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 04:10 PM
It would be ideal to have a little diary solely for the growout challenge but you can add to to a current one if it's already underway. Adding to a current diary might not give you a chance of the diary prize though :joint:

Glad to see there arriving safely :)

CocoMonkey
06-11-13, 04:33 PM
It would be ideal to have a little diary solely for the growout challenge but you can add to to a current one if it's already underway. Adding to a current diary might not give you a chance of the diary prize though :joint:

Glad to see there arriving safely :)

Is there two prizes? Best plant and best diary?

Edit just read it: 2 prizes for best plant , 1 prize for best diary

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 04:46 PM
The Plant and Diary prizes will be mutually exclusive as well, I should add it to the rules I suppose:p.

So if you win one you can't win the other :)

TheKraken
06-11-13, 04:50 PM
I saw this thread less then 3 minutes after buying my Think Different seeds :cool::cool::cool:

Sent from the 80's

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 04:52 PM
I spotted that one Kraken.

Maybe we can make an exception and let you join in with your seeds too if you fancy? or will it lead to a revolt pmsl :joint:

TokeItUpUK
06-11-13, 04:57 PM

Maybe we can make an exception and let you join in with your seeds too if you fancy? or will it lead to a revolt pmsl :joint:

Allow were all easy going stoners

Humph
06-11-13, 04:57 PM
the peasants are revolting.lol

TheKraken
06-11-13, 04:59 PM

I would but unfortunately I don't have a current/completed diary other then the one I just started. But if there are no complaints I would gladly join in, if there are then I shall be the one leading the revolt pmsl:):):)

Sent from the 80's

MrMojorising
06-11-13, 05:15 PM
more the merrier :)
its not like you can veg longer or flower longer ;)

Hannibal
06-11-13, 05:18 PM
more the merrier :)
its not like you can veg longer or flower longer ;)

Eh up Mojo what method you doing, if I may ask.

Goodbuddy
06-11-13, 05:32 PM
I would but unfortunately I don't have a current/completed diary other then the one I just started. But if there are no complaints I would gladly join in, if there are then I shall be the one leading the revolt pmsl:):):)

Sent from the 80's

That rule was to help weed out any fly-by-nights who'll take the seeds and run.....you've got your own. :) It shouldn't really make any difference as they should all be similar aged/batches of seeds.

Dal
06-11-13, 05:49 PM
Collected my seed today. Nice one GB, will be doing mine in plant magic soil n nutes. The seeds are ak47 auto's? sorry bit stoned right now lol.

Humph
06-11-13, 06:00 PM
im going for something new to me but an old favorite..hempy pots with lots of LST i will include all the nitty gritty in my main soon to be started" think different diary"
good luck again peps

Mindless
06-11-13, 06:08 PM
Just got home and there was a little surprise to pick up from my postal addy, superb and in the paper towel they go in like 5 minutes, thanks a lot goodbuddy and DP, dairy will go up tonight very shortly once I've sorted out the girls lol.

TheKraken
06-11-13, 06:16 PM
That rule was to help weed out any fly-by-nights who'll take the seeds and run.....you've got your own. :) It shouldn't really make any difference as they should all be similar aged/batches of seeds.

Well if everyone's cool with it, I'm in mate :):):)

Sent from the 80's

Humph
06-11-13, 06:19 PM
urine, no your in and were cool with it.lol
hello and welocme let the party start

DutchPassionTony
06-11-13, 06:33 PM
hi guys,

the genetics behind this come from a clone-only phenotype from a particularly potent/heavy yielding AK47. The phenotype is known as 'AK420', that was the original parent. Then the variety was automated, and the result we named Think Different. Here are a couple of my favourite customer photo's

Dal
06-11-13, 06:37 PM
Nice one Tony, hope I can do mine justice.

hi guys,

the genetics behind this come from a clone-only phenotype from a particularly potent/heavy yielding AK47. The phenotype is known as 'AK420', that was the original parent. Then the variety was automated, and the result we named Think Different. Here are a couple of my favourite customer photo's

CocoMonkey
06-11-13, 07:16 PM
Wow they're beastie!

TokeItUpUK
06-11-13, 07:21 PM
Haha just realised i must of gave the wrong postcode it has 13 rote on there im a 3

Still came to right place though looks like there is a smart royal mail worker in my city after all

Dave-Hester
06-11-13, 07:39 PM
Mine are there...

Havnt opened them yet saving the surprise for the weekend...

putting the seed into soak Sunday morning, I'll be setting up the dr80 on Monday morning:joint:

Hoping for a good results with these :)

2Acres
06-11-13, 08:51 PM
Just this second got home from work and found a lickle braan on-va-lope. Ingenious packaging GB, now to figure out how to get them out of the tubing.

Should be starting the seeds this weekend. Good luck to all.

Thanks again to GB and Tony.

Anyways, I'm off to fix my boiler, the wife and kids are moaning they are cold. I dont care I got ma package :toke:

Humph
06-11-13, 09:04 PM
really looking forward to growing this strain and being part of the grow out, thanks GB and Tony
my seeds are already wet

hi guys,

Humph
06-11-13, 09:10 PM
I will be rolling one for the post man later

Haha just realised i must of gave the wrong postcode it has 13 rote on there im a 3

Still came to right place though looks like there is a smart royal mail worker in my city after all

ironjustice
06-11-13, 09:15 PM
Mine are here, Thanks B and Tony hope i can do something decent with them :harvest:

IJ

Goodbuddy
07-11-13, 12:35 AM
Ragman has created a Growout Subforum for these Dutch Passion Autos, cheers boss :) so it would be great if you can create your diaries in there (or rather here (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/forumdisplay.php?139-Dutch-Passion) :p)

CocoMonkey
07-11-13, 12:39 AM
Cool, im getting excited for this I wanna germ it now but gotta wait lol

TheKraken
07-11-13, 02:45 AM

LOL you must have the only one

ironjustice
07-11-13, 02:48 AM
My diary is up in the section.. not that im keen or anything lol

IJ

TheKraken
07-11-13, 02:52 AM
If I only get one of them kolas from that first picture on my grow I'll be well chuffed.

Good Luck everyone and happy growing :stoned-smilie:

Germanator
07-11-13, 03:12 AM
any more spaces left to enter

Goodbuddy
07-11-13, 03:16 AM
any more spaces left to enter

One space left. So pm me quick if you are up for it....:D

Germanator
07-11-13, 03:35 AM
yay i got last spot

trumptummy
07-11-13, 03:37 AM
yay i got last spot

Welcome aboard germ :Nice:.

MrMojorising
07-11-13, 07:16 AM
Eh up Mojo what method you doing, if I may ask.
sorry mate forgot to answer,
thinking hempy bucket using coco,perlite etc :)
rooms scarce till this xmas plants are down.
so not able to run my rdwc set up.

but not tried growing an auto so will be a learning curve

Hannibal
07-11-13, 09:04 AM
sorry mate forgot to answer,
thinking hempy bucket using coco,perlite etc :)
rooms scarce till this xmas plants are down.
so not able to run my rdwc set up.

but not tried growing an auto so will be a learning curve

Nice one Mojo, ill be watching that one, it been a good while since I saw that method done, good luck mate, Im going to do my usual thing, RDWC stylee but for the first time with an auto.

Posty has been this morning, with a little brown envelope. cheers GB

Goodbuddy
07-11-13, 10:49 AM
Ok then peeps, Germanator has bagged the last place in the comp.

So this challenge is now CLOSED to new entrants

They've all been posted out and have started dopping on the door mats, so get them going a.s.a.p (21st is the latest to get them started), put a diary up in the Dutch Passion Growout subforum and good luck with your grows. :mr:

I think the notorious Seymour Buds did 300g on his early test grows, and that was under 600w, so that is probably beatable and ought to be the target for the tree/dwc/dialled-in growers. :harvest:

Don't be put off if that's not your style though we just want you to make the most of them, have an enjoyable grow, learn a bit more about autoflowering plants, get some nice 'erb at the end of it and we'll let the voting decide the best plants at the end of it:)

Let the challenge begin :weed:

Mr Pothead
07-11-13, 10:50 AM
Big ups to GB and DPtony for the very kind donation of seeds, and good luck to all competitors, your gonna need it ;)

Going all out on this one, single plant setup, full hydro, vert lighting and maximum LST with a 600w combo of hps and LEDs :)

Roll on

Peace GB and tony

Cybes
07-11-13, 01:12 PM
got mine this morn thanks gb and tony i will get it soaking in a bit first i need coffee and a bong lol

Germanator
09-11-13, 12:53 PM
got my seed this morning will try and get it germed asap, will only be a 3l airpot micro grow cus of space issues, but lets see what she can do

Goodbuddy
09-11-13, 01:03 PM
got my seed this morning will try and get it germed asap, will only be a 3l airpot micro grow cus of space issues, but lets see what she can do

Nice one fella, only a couple left to confirm safe delivery :)

(Don't be handling it with any crystal covered kid gloves now d'you hear! :joint:)

Germanator
09-11-13, 01:07 PM
Nice one fella, only a couple left to confirm safe delivery :)

(Don't be handling it with any crystal covered kid gloves now d'you hear! :joint:)

only when i harvest and trim, i got my tattoo gloves, gunna freeze them fuckers of and scrape of them crystals

ironjustice
09-11-13, 05:56 PM
sounds like something my mrs would do... lol

good luck mate :bigjoint:

Goodbuddy
09-11-13, 06:10 PM
Nice one PG, women eh, what are they loik :deviltoker:

Scores on the doors are :

1 Brer
2 Cybes
3 Humph
4 P.G
5 Hannibal
6 ironjustice
7 Mickey77
8 MrMojorising
9 Mindless
10 scottishlass29
11 skunklung
12 trumptummy
13 TokeItUpUK
14 Bunda-Erbb
15 Dal
16 Pothead
17 The Kraken
18 Germanator91
19 W.D

Still waiting on 2 confirmation of receipt (WD and scottishlass29). Brer's a possible crush damage but have a spare left for just such an occurrence if they failed to germinate or got damaged.

So it's all down to you now, and me, but I'm just growing one and not in the comp challenge :weed: I'm really looking forwards to seeing how well you all do with them and thanks for joining in. :thcleaf:

Vlad the Inhaler
09-11-13, 09:26 PM
I was getting concerned that I hadn't recieved the delivery. This morning I asked the missus if posty had been yet and she replied "no, why what are you expecting" I said the seed from GB?, "oh, that came a couple of days ago" :banghead: she then couldn't remember where she had left it !! :banghead: after a couple of hours of searching piles of paperwork, inlcuding going through the recycling bin, she found it......thank fuck.

Thanks GB and Toni, I'll be getting started next week.

Good luck all

PG

Fookin piles of paperwork, junk mail and unopened letters... They grow big in my gaff..

*looks for the 'what winds you up?' thread...

Vlad.. VIVA LA GANJA =)

Vlad the Inhaler
09-11-13, 09:28 PM
Good turnout Buddy... Lookin' good.:beer:

Vlad.. VIVA LA GANJA =)

Goodbuddy
09-11-13, 09:32 PM
Good turnout Buddy... Lookin' good.:beer:

Vlad.. VIVA LA GANJA =)

yeah, they don't scrub up too bad I must admit :p

And neither do you looking at your current TD grow....psst....got any tips?

Vlad the Inhaler
09-11-13, 09:58 PM
yeah, they don't scrub up too bad I must admit :p

And neither do you looking at your current TD grow....psst....got any tips?

Hehe...be lucky and.....Erm...

'Mon the mud?:D

Vlad.. VIVA LA GANJA =)

ironjustice
09-11-13, 10:04 PM
Vlads method seems to be a complicated one, it involves lots of fucking about large quantities of booze, a splash of this and a dash of that... lst by yoyo, and fim the fuckers... basically for any normal person a recipe for disaster, but for vlad a blinding success :laugh: :laugh:

nah seriously Vlad they are some nice TD's you have on the go mate... if mine are like that i will be happy!

IJ

Vlad the Inhaler
09-11-13, 10:21 PM
Aww cheers... The yoyos work cos I can take the plants out/ turn 'em or whatever.. It takes seconds and it fookin works ma maaan! :D

Does it show that I'm mostly self taught? :rolleyes:

Vlad.. feeling blessed. :)

ironjustice
09-11-13, 10:27 PM
Aww cheers... The yoyos work cos I can take the plants out/ turn 'em or whatever.. It takes seconds and it fookin works ma maaan! :D

Does it show that I'm mostly self taught? :rolleyes:

No mate, and you are doing a blinding job mate... and i like the yoyo idea really mate, and like you say it facking works innit... :)

IJ

Vlad the Inhaler
09-11-13, 11:10 PM
Cheerz mate.;)

scottishlass29
10-11-13, 03:24 AM
Thank you mine arrived on wed and picked them up today may the fun begin ..

TokeItUpUK
10-11-13, 03:38 AM
Gonna germ mine in rockwool in a few days diarybto start soon

scottishlass29
11-11-13, 03:08 AM
just popped mine into the wee pellets i got from hydro shop excited ...

Dave-Hester
11-11-13, 07:26 PM
There's quite a few diarys not up yet :(

C'mon folks get um up :smokie:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/forumdisplay.php?139-Dutch-Passion

Humph
11-11-13, 07:34 PM
My diary will be up soon i promise i would have done it now but kids wont bath themselves. Lol

Sent from a state of the art toaster

trumptummy
11-11-13, 07:38 PM
I know you are excited to see my entry but don't panic mate. As soon as my clones have rooted (or one dies) the TD will be germed and I'll start my diary :)

Goodbuddy
11-11-13, 07:51 PM
Everyone has until the 21st to get their diaries up :) so not too much rush needed. :spliffter:

Dave-Hester
11-11-13, 07:56 PM
Everyone has until the 21st to get their diaries up :) so not too much rush needed. :spliffter:

There is, I need time to check out the competitors....lol!!

Cybes
12-11-13, 12:13 PM
i have life wooohooo let the fun begin will get diary up wednesday when i have time lol

Germanator
13-11-13, 04:27 PM
seeds in its riot cube as soon as i see some life i will get a dairy started

ironjustice
13-11-13, 04:48 PM
half my stuff still hasn't arrived for the grow and i don't like doing anything without all my bits to hand... will give it till saturday and if its not here by then then the shitty local hydro shop will have to get a visit!! so although my diary is up, the grow doesn't start till saturday....

pissed of is an understatement and some neg feedback will be left. thats what you get for being a cheapskate though i suppose :laugh:

IJ

scottishlass29
19-11-13, 03:12 AM
started my diary in the diary section hope thats the right place thanks x

scottishlass29
19-11-13, 03:14 AM
were can i see all the othere diary entrys cheers.

Dave-Hester
19-11-13, 06:49 AM
were can i see all the othere diary entrys cheers.

About 9/10 posts back I posted a link :)

TokeItUpUK
19-11-13, 07:13 AM
Please germ please o please dont be stubborn

trumptummy
19-11-13, 02:23 PM
Christ man! It's the 19th already? :jawdrop: I have been real busy. I'll go stick the bean in some dirt now and get my diary up tonight dudes.

Grandad
02-12-13, 01:07 PM
so this is how all you fuckers are growing TD at the min, fuck knows how i missed this thread.

gonna give think different a blast in a few weeks as soon as my rcdwcstgm is up and running :)

seen some pretty impressive growth from it so far in the growouts

best of luck with them ladies and gents :weed:

ironjustice
02-12-13, 01:28 PM
Doubt you will be disapointed pops!! anything from them seems to be fire, the autoxtreme from them and the auto blue mazzar are next on my list for autos mate... have you seen zips auto blue mazzar? looks spectacular mate i have to say....

IJ

Grandad
03-12-13, 12:16 PM
it does indeed :weed:

legalizeme
29-12-13, 11:12 AM
Love this, reading through now. And have this as a reFerence

Germanator
08-01-14, 03:06 AM
Just over a month left

Vlad the Inhaler
12-01-14, 02:22 AM
Here's a half smoked bud of mine...

Vlad~ buck-whilin' 24/7 mo-foooos (whatever that means)

TheKraken
17-01-14, 12:26 PM
Well the day is here. This is the final picture of the Think Different before she was butchered.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=244386&d=1389809322

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=244387&d=1389809324

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=244388&d=1389809326

She was 70 days old from seed, I'd say on average she had about 15%-20% amber trichs, the rest are cloudy with the odd clear one.

Here is the end result of all the hard work.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=244564&d=1389913891

I'd just like to say thanks to Goodbuddy & DutchPassionTony for getting this comp going and to all the entries that made this a wicked competition.

Germanator
17-01-14, 01:37 PM
nice one mate i got atleat another 3 weeks left till harvest,

TheKraken
17-01-14, 01:43 PM
nice one mate i got atleat another 3 weeks left till harvest,

Cheers Germanator,

I was quite lucky with this one mate quick finisher. I did start a little bit before everyone else though as I had seeds already.

Hannibal
17-01-14, 01:58 PM
That looks lush, enjoy the smoke mate. don't forget the smoke report I need to know.:joint:

Germanator
17-01-14, 02:02 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20140115_19_24_50_Pro_highres.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/152026/title/wp-20140115-19-24-50-pro-highres/cat/500)

the one in the background is the think different, i got more pics of her in my dairy(sig) :D
nothing wrong with a bit of self advertising lol

Humph
17-01-14, 05:24 PM
Top job kraken looks really nice laid out.
Im not sure on weight yet but volume looks a lot more than mine.

Cybes
01-02-14, 07:11 PM
what are we gonna do about me and ij as i think were gonna be running well past the end date of this lol gonna have to take pics with a couple of minutes to go lol

Goodbuddy
01-02-14, 08:32 PM
what are we gonna do about me and ij as i think were gonna be running well past the end date of this lol gonna have to take pics with a couple of minutes to go lol

There's a couple of weeks yet to get the final pics together Cybes, and there's also the diary comp :)

Mr Pothead
05-02-14, 01:04 AM
My entry

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/image1911.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153015/title/image1911/cat/500)

Flowered under led and hps

About 90 odd days old now

Coming down tmorra

Good luck folks

Peace

Hannibal
05-02-14, 09:58 AM
OMG could you have got any more bud on her PH.

Mr Pothead
05-02-14, 08:34 PM
OMG could you have got any more bud on her PH.

Na mate haha, I'm just about to update the diary, I chopped her earlier and I took a pic of her after I'd removed the side so you can see just how compact the bitch is

The buds are intense aswell, she spent the last few weeks under the led on blue spec so the trichs are piled on :)

Good luck to everyone

Goodbuddy
06-02-14, 02:48 PM
Only a week left to get your entry pics together peeps :weed: Cut off is 13th Feb @midnight :)

Cybes
06-02-14, 03:26 PM
noted m8y alarm set for 11:30 to take last minute pics just need a sign:D

Humph
07-02-14, 12:38 AM
here is my effort and all things considered she was a beauty, dried i got 96g which isnt the lowest yield or the largest so i cannot grumble(i grew two TD autos both bonsai size and the others dry yield was 84g)
good luck chaps it was fun we must do it again some time.lol:joint:

And one final thank you to everyone involved in this grow out.........

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=246579&d=1390838226

Humph
07-02-14, 11:59 AM
Oh was I suppose to do a sign too. Oh well least I got a picture of her all tidied up thats a lot more than others

Germanator
10-02-14, 03:00 PM
here we are my 3l think different she might not be the biggest but dense buds thats a fo sho

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20140210_13_15_18_Pro_highres.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153479/title/wp-20140210-13-15-18-pro-highres/cat/500)

trumptummy
12-02-14, 02:10 PM
Here's my wee one. Not exactly a prize winning candidate, stunted early on and subjected to temperatures as low as 7.4C! But she has made it and smokes nice. I must admit a few nuggets are missing from this final pic :joint:. Thanks again GB, DPTony, and everyone else for getting involved!

Mr Pothead
12-02-14, 07:35 PM
Couple of signs missing.....any chance of new pics?

ironjustice
12-02-14, 07:45 PM
im sure GB said he wasn't bothered about the signs to much Mr P... as we have seen the plants being grown in the journals or something along those lines...

IJ

Goodbuddy
12-02-14, 09:56 PM
Wot ^^^IJ^^^ said :)

It's better to print off the logo and get that in your pics but mweh, as said, we've all been reading the diaries so it's a bit hard for anyone to be pulling a fast one, even a slow-motion-stoner fast one :p

trumptummy
13-02-14, 01:07 AM
Whoops. I chopped the main cola off mine about 2 hours ago so I'm afraid a signless entry will have to suffice dudes. Corrrrrr, she stinks a treat! :harvest::birthday:

TheKraken
13-02-14, 01:20 AM
I forgot to put the THCT sign in the pictures.

I'd have been pissed if I thought it turned out any good though.

Peace out homies

Dave-Hester
13-02-14, 08:44 AM
Here's my pics of lefty Lucy, no sign though I got over excited and hacked the shit out of her before I made a sign....I had to thou as the hole street could smell her I reckon!!

Hannibal
13-02-14, 10:15 AM
Give yourself a big pat on the back mate, you have done a real nice job there. Good luck!

Cybes
13-02-14, 07:54 PM
here we go mine and hairflick entry pics
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3930/medium/DSCF2741.JPG
half way thru flushing atm i should of proberly removed the fan but hey ho
its been fun guys thanks to gb and tony from dutch passion for letting us have a go we cant wait to get smoking :weed::bong:

Mindless
13-02-14, 08:37 PM
:laugh: Stoner forgot to put a sign up because i was in a hurry - doh.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3252/medium/2014-02-10_17_43_16.jpg

2Acres
13-02-14, 08:37 PM
Here is my shit entry pic with sign.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4013/medium/DSC_00521.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153724/title/dsc-00521/cat/4013)

Better pic, just without a sign.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4013/medium/DSC_00463.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153718/title/dsc-00463/cat/4013)

Halfway thru the flush, so I should be chopping next weekend.

Massive thanks to DP Tony and GB.

Congratulations to everyone that made it this far

Hannibal
13-02-14, 09:14 PM
Ive got to say gang, you would hardly know these are auto's. Every single one is so busting with buds, so each and every one is already a winner.:mr:

Germanator
13-02-14, 09:48 PM
Ive got to say gang, you would hardly know these are auto's. Every single one is so busting with buds, so each and every one is already a winner.:mr:

i have only manage to jar up the critical+ auto i was growing along side it as it was the only one dry enough but that came in at 42.7g, not bad for an 3l auto, hopefully i m able to weigh up the dark devil and most importantly the think different tomorrow...

Hairflick
13-02-14, 10:49 PM
Sum yummy looking plants in here like :weed:
Thanks to GB and DP Tony :cool: really awesome strain like. Cybes n mines should be coming down at the weekend :eek: smells so lush atm, can not wait to try it :bong::bong::bong::bong:

HaPpY gRoWiNg EvReYoNe :harvest:

ironjustice
14-02-14, 12:04 AM
Right then people here is my entry pic.. not the best pic but there you go! and shes still got a bit more time left on her...

Day 86 from seed...

had to use my mrs phone cam as my phone is fucked at the mo... need to get a dslr again lol and i can only guess at yield, but i would like to think she is going to be close to double figures, but who knows..

anyway.. Thanks to that people that made this comp happen, has been a great laugh and have enjoyed every minute of it.. win lose or draw, i would do it all over again tomorrow... good luck to all that have taken part, and may the best plant win :)

IJ :mr:

ETA who can spot the stoner mistake.. lol

TheKraken
14-02-14, 12:12 AM
Right then people here is my entry pic.. not the best pic but there you go! and shes still got a bit more time left on her...

Day 86 from seed...

had to use my mrs phone cam as my phone is fucked at the mo... need to get a dslr again lol and i can only guess at yield, but i would like to think she is going to be close to double figures, but who knows..

anyway.. Thanks to that people that made this comp happen, has been a great laugh and have enjoyed every minute of it.. win lose or draw, i would do it all over again tomorrow... good luck to all that have taken part, and may the best plant win :)

IJ :mr:

ETA who can spot the stoner mistake.. lol

Sweet as IJ,

Cracking entry fella, looks smashing

Goodbuddy
14-02-14, 12:15 AM
....ETA who can spot the stoner mistake.. lol

I'll have to disqualify it if it was last years :p

ironjustice
14-02-14, 12:15 AM
Sweet as IJ,

Cracking entry fella, looks smashing

Cheers krakkers mate... like i said its been a right laugh from start to finish, and looks like my jars will be full for a while as well... happy days :harvest:

IJ

ironjustice
14-02-14, 12:16 AM
I'll have to disqualify it if it was last years :p

just checking to see whos paying attention... lol

:bong: at least i made a sign though :p

Goodbuddy
14-02-14, 02:28 AM
Just to let you know the voting threads are now up for this comp :weed:

Diaries (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?112933-Dutch-Passion-Think-Different-Grow-out-Diary-Competition-Vote-Off)

Plants (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?112935-Dutch-Passion-Think-Different-Competition-Plant-Vote-Off)

Good luck to you all and thanks again for taking part.