PDA

View Full Version : Which seed company?

Mr-Dynamic
30-08-07, 09:38 AM
A friend of mine recently cut down his White widow, which was to say the least a cracking smoke, i'd like to grow one or two of these next time round and just wondering if anyone has any input on the best seed company to get this strain from, so those of you who have grown it, whats your thoughts?

Several seed co's sell White widow and various other widow crosses so a bit of first hand advice from anyone would be great!

kv1893
30-08-07, 11:12 AM
A friend of mine recently cut down his White widow, which was to say the least a cracking smoke, i'd like to grow one or two of these next time round and just wondering if anyone has any input on the best seed company to get this strain from, so those of you who have grown it, whats your thoughts?

Several seed co's sell White widow and various other widow crosses so a bit of first hand advice from anyone would be great!

well igre dutch passon's version not too long ago. the smoke was good and the plants not bad to grow. got a few hermies towards the end but they were femenized. bit pricey at 75 for 10 femenized but would reccomend. still have one clone in flower and its coming on very well!!

hope that helps:harvest::party:

p.s. my diary for the grow was on edit

Midnight Toker
30-08-07, 02:19 PM
From the 8 Nirvana WW's i've grown this year i'd have to say i'm not particularly impressed with this particular line of genetics from Nirvana.

That's not to say the strain isn't any good just the batch i got wasn't the best genetics when compared to their AK48's for example.

From the 2 females i got one was really light & airy, i cut the whole thing up to use in my Kif box, the other was a much nicer plant & what i got from her is really good.

Really strong smoke, comes on quick, hits hard but doesn't last as long as the AK. smells good, buds look good so i aint knocking it, i just prefer their AK.

I think most people tend to favour the serious seeds White Widow, the genetics are good & the yeilds are apparently superb.

Bitterfly
30-08-07, 02:52 PM
well igre dutch passon's version not too long ago. the smoke was good and the plants not bad to grow. got a few hermies towards the end but they were femenized. bit pricey at 75 for 10 femenized but would reccomend. still have one clone in flower and its coming on very well!!

hope that helps:harvest::party:

p.s. my diary for the grow was on edit

ill vouch for dutch passions widow!

i would say if you may want to veg for at least 5 weeks though and give it at least two weeks to cure in a wooden draw:leaf:

LAL
30-08-07, 05:27 PM
Really strong smoke, comes on quick, hits hard but doesn't last as long as the AK. smells good, buds look good so i aint knocking it, i just prefer their AK.

sorry could you just clear that up for me MT....

wat dou you prefer, white widow or ak48?:D

Midnight Toker
30-08-07, 05:40 PM
The AK48 is in my opinion better than the Nirvana white widow ...

But that's all it is, my opinion & personal preference ...

Dr Benway
30-08-07, 10:31 PM
You can buy the original white widow from Mr Nice but it's called black widow now. They had to change the name when the breeder left Greenhouse for Mr Nice. You really can't go wrong with MNSeeds, one of the best breeders in the business and you get 15 per pack.

Bitterfly
30-08-07, 11:39 PM
You can buy the original white widow from Mr Nice but it's called black widow now. They had to change the name when the breeder left Greenhouse for Mr Nice. You really can't go wrong with MNSeeds, one of the best breeders in the business and you get 15 per pack.

i always wanted mr nice seeds' "Shit"

just because of the name

i just think that is such a brilliant name for a strain!!! 'SHIT!'

sweetsinner
31-08-07, 08:38 PM
LOL i love that name...
Ive always fancied Mr Nice Medicine Man... :D

Dr Benway
01-09-07, 03:39 PM
Medicine man or white rhino is amazing, unbelievably strong weed.

Shit is skunk#1 (not skunk#1 is shit).

sweetsinner
02-09-07, 08:44 AM
I have tried White Russian and I found that very strong and good for night pain... is Rhino on the same kind of level or is it the same thing ;)

I think i may try that Medicine Man at a later date then, as I haven't stumbled across anyone who has tried it medicinally but if its strong then it should do job at nights. :toke:

will76
02-09-07, 12:23 PM
white rhino has been the only smoke to make me nearly green out. nice smoke, but i prefer the russian.

Dr Benway
02-09-07, 10:00 PM
I have tried White Russian and I found that very strong and good for night pain... is Rhino on the same kind of level or is it the same thing ;)

I think i may try that Medicine Man at a later date then, as I haven't stumbled across anyone who has tried it medicinally but if its strong then it should do job at nights. :toke:

I haven't tried russian but it's different from rhino. Rhino would probably be the best med strain I've tried if it weren't a bit too strong. I couldn't smoke it at night time as it's too buzzy, quite motivational but as I say a bit too strong to smoke all day for med purposes but don't let that stop you.

sweetsinner
03-09-07, 09:49 PM
Hrm thanks Dr B, fab summary..it sounds like an early evening smoke then...are you a med user too?

I am going to give them a go, you have mentioned the word "strong" far too many times for me not too ;) Ill just wait until i have growing from seed lark down to a T :D

Dr Benway
03-09-07, 11:05 PM
Aye med user so I got an reason to be out my tits all day:stoned-smilie: least that's my excuse.

asci
04-09-07, 09:26 AM
My first white russian grow was the strongest weed I'd ever smoked. I could only manage 4 joints the first night as I had my first whitey.. Took about three weeks to get any resistance against it.. In my opinion, one of the best strains ever..

Bitterfly
04-09-07, 11:19 AM
My first white russian grow was the strongest weed I'd ever smoked. I could only manage 4 joints the first night as I had my first whitey.. Took about three weeks to get any resistance against it.. In my opinion, one of the best strains ever..

oooo now im excited!

marijuanamat
04-09-07, 05:20 PM
You can't beat a bit of white russian.:bigjoint:

asci
08-09-07, 11:07 AM
I've now had experience with a number of seed sellers and have come to the conclusion I will only grow for the time being Serious Seeds or Crazy X. You can push the bounderies of what's possible with these as the genetics are just out standing. You'll see what I mean when I update my diary later on today.. :)

D
08-09-07, 01:42 PM

Sinner, you should look at this strain I'm going to be growing..
Great White Shark (http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Greenhouse_Seeds__Great_White_Shark.cfm?iProductID =3062)

Gmaninnirvana
17-09-07, 08:50 PM
Nirvana deffo for value.Think i'll try sensi or mr nice next.Saying that i have some greenhouse femmed (the church)which are a reasonable price for a 5pk or 10pk.Trying these outta curiousity.
Good thread and some interesting replies so far.;0)

Dinxuk
20-12-07, 10:03 AM
mr nice medicine man is very nice indeed
A proven medical marvel for those in need of high levels of the most active ingredient, THC. Almost toxic at times, so handle with care: don't abuse the medicine-man. It has won many awards since its introduction as the white rhino in the late 90's. An incredible strong genetic heritage stemming from a Brazilian sativa/South Indian hybrid combined with a prodigious-yield Afghani.

It is a member of the White Widow family and a proven champion for medicinal users. Those who prefer indoors can expect an incredibly resinous and compact Indica appearance from this plant. It has an expected flowering time of 56 to 60 days. Outdoor growers in the northern hemisphere can expect harvest around October and those in the southern hemisphere by May

Number of seeds: 15
THC content: High
Characteristics: High in THC
Flowering period: 8-9 Weeks
Harvest date: October
Variety: Mostly Indica
Genetics: Brazilian sativa / South Indian indica x Afghani
Type: f1 Hybrid
Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: Indoor 600 g/m2 g/h & outdoor 450/600 g/plant