PDA

View Full Version : 3L airpots instead of 6.5L? sog

Red_I
16-12-13, 12:05 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the basic question but it has had me wondering....
Would a 3L airpot do the same job as a 6.5L regular square pot?

I'd be surprised if they are as they're half the size lol

any input more than appreciated

atb

Germanator
16-12-13, 12:12 PM
i am using 3l airpots for my auto grow, but i am using cfls so its a bad example lol

Red_I
16-12-13, 12:23 PM
Nice man how long they been in? Strain?

I have 8 big bang autos about 2-3 weeks from seed, bushy little things lol

Germanator
16-12-13, 12:43 PM
my autos been in there 23 days now, the critical+ seems to love it, got a dark devil and a think different in there aswell

Red_I
16-12-13, 01:29 PM
my autos been in there 23 days now, the critical+ seems to love it, got a dark devil and a think different in there aswell

I've been wanting to try the critical+ auto.
My next proper grow will be critical jack, got bored of autos now lol

Mr Pothead
16-12-13, 01:36 PM
More rootspace the better IMO, depending on grow room size obviously

B.A.BARACUS
16-12-13, 01:49 PM
Get yourself 6 Litre airpots, problem solved :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Red_I
16-12-13, 02:17 PM
Well the original plan was square 6.5L pots, critical jack clones veg'd for a week or two then flip.

4'x4' tent
600 hps
6" ruck w/ CF
4" intake, direct from outside.
Vitalink max, rhiz and superthrive for veg
Vitalink max, bud candy, bud blood, overdrive, big bud (and an enzyme by AN that I cant remember the name of off the top of my dome) for flower

I can control lights on temp down to as low as 21 but prefer 26 as the humidity rises to 55/65%.

Potentially looking at airpots, if not, normal 6.5L coco.

I got 4oz per plant on my last run of ghs exodus cheese and it was a beautiful smoke!

Atb chaps

Rory Breaker
16-12-13, 02:18 PM
If growing a sea of green with small plants then 3.5l should be big enough..

I would use a dripper system to feed them multiple times per day, which will stop the medium dryng out when the roots get established

Red_I
16-12-13, 02:34 PM
If growing a sea of green with small plants then 3.5l should be big enough..

I would use a dripper system to feed them multiple times per day, which will stop the medium dryng out when the roots get established

Would it not be beneficial to use 3L airpots? Practically the same volume but with better O2 delivery to roots?

Get yourself 6 Litre airpots, problem solved :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lol I'd love to but they leave a bigger dent in my wallet that the 3L's Haha

Red_I
16-12-13, 02:39 PM
does anyone know what critical jack is like to Sog? Still undecided between that and PPP.

if I go 6.5L, ill be expecting between .75-1.5 per pot which I should imagine is within reach....
First time sogger lol

GoTgReEn
16-12-13, 03:17 PM
I got 4oz per plant on my last run of ghs exodus cheese and it was a beautiful smoke!

Atb chaps

Ew not bad! Was that from seed? If so did ya run a whole pack? Was there many variants in phenos? And how was smell? Sorry for all questions! :D

sent from my phone.....

Red_I
16-12-13, 05:04 PM
Ew not bad! Was that from seed? If so did ya run a whole pack? Was there many variants in phenos? And how was smell? Sorry for all questions! :D

sent from my phone.....

I cracked a 5 pack but I fried 2 under the hps lol
IME a very homogeneous strain.
I LST'd mine at approx 6th node and kept her tied down until I switched and ended up with 4 or 5 3/4oz colas on each plant. Big rock hard nugs, medium crystal coverage but a damn good smoke to put u to sleep lol it is well worth leaving an extra week at the end of flower. I only flushed for 4/5 days and the smoke was fine.
I'm using a 600w don't forget.
Very thirsty when she gets going and she can handle a strong feed when environment is good.

One word of warning... exodus cheese STINKS sooo bad of pure dankness, 1g in your pocket and everyone that passes you in the street will smell it.
if you like cheese you'll love exodus, my mate hates cheese, period. My exodus however.... I think he would've swapped a few fingers for an oz of what I had lmao

I took cuts from each plant, don't think ill ever get rid of the strain lol

Look after her and she will sort u out lol

Good luck
atb

needsmust
16-12-13, 05:10 PM
I had thought the same thing, got from 5-6 ltr to 3 ltr airpots, but after asking at greens it doesn't work that way.
Airpots increase yield verses a comparable sized pot, you want as much room for roots as possible, so downsizing wouldn't benefit.

GoTgReEn
16-12-13, 05:40 PM
I cracked a 5 pack but I fried 2 under the hps lol
IME a very homogeneous strain.
I LST'd mine at approx 6th node and kept her tied down until I switched and ended up with 4 or 5 3/4oz colas on each plant. Big rock hard nugs, medium crystal coverage but a damn good smoke to put u to sleep lol it is well worth leaving an extra week at the end of flower. I only flushed for 4/5 days and the smoke was fine.
I'm using a 600w don't forget.
Very thirsty when she gets going and she can handle a strong feed when environment is good.

One word of warning... exodus cheese STINKS sooo bad of pure dankness, 1g in your pocket and everyone that passes you in the street will smell it.
if you like cheese you'll love exodus, my mate hates cheese, period. My exodus however.... I think he would've swapped a few fingers for an oz of what I had lmao

I took cuts from each plant, don't think ill ever get rid of the strain lol

Look after her and she will sort u out lol

Good luck
atb

Nice one you have convinced me to get a pack! And subbed to this!
ATB :D

sent from my phone.....

Red_I
16-12-13, 06:27 PM
I had thought the same thing, got from 5-6 ltr to 3 ltr airpots, but after asking at greens it doesn't work that way.
Airpots increase yield verses a comparable sized pot, you want as much room for roots as possible, so downsizing wouldn't benefit.

That's good to know, Thank you very much.
i guess ill either get normal pots or fork out for air pots lol

Nice one you have convinced me to get a pack! And subbed to this!
ATB :D

sent from my phone.....

Do it, definitely worth it for the smoke mate and dont forget to bend that bitch over and support the buds! one of my mains snapped the stem at about week 7 but managed to heal itself.

All this talk is making me want to do a run of her lol