PDA

View Full Version : Royal queen beans and Egyptian dreams in coco, mentored by IronJustice

bigbadbillybob
24-12-13, 06:26 PM
Okay okay, i know i wasnt gonna do another grow for a while, but ive been bored outa my crust twiddling my thumbs.
My house is still up for sale, so it might go pete tong, if i get loads of people wanting to view it (not likely given the housing market)

Anyway, im poppin my coco cherry after a very generous offer from Ironjustice to put up with my stupidity, er i mean help me out.

Set up wise, i have the following:
Kit

240 *120*200 grow qube tent
2*600w HPS on dimmable ballasts
2*9 inch oscillating fans
8 inch out take, 4 inch or 5 inch intake RVKs,
Rhino filter
4 litre & 10 litre pots.
thermometers hygrometers, accoustic ducting etc
I have got the long plastic trays for the bottom of the tent, and am gonna put stiff mesh over it, and a inch block of wood at one end, to help run off and prevent the roots from sitting in the run off

Am planning a 10 plant grow in coco, but this depends on whether the seeds are gonna play ball on the germing

TAlking of seeds, because its my first time in coco, im using a lucky dip of auto seeds, its more for experience growing in coco.
Im still wanting a decent yeild tho, and a nice smoke would be beneficial

Seeds.
I have Royal queen seeds royal dwarf, and AK automatic (3 of each)
And pyramid seeds Anubis automatic (4)

I have a delicious seeds NL blue if they dont germ, but will wait and see.

Nutes

Canna coco A and B
Rhizotonic
Cannazym
plant magic root stimulant, silicone and bio wetter , a very little bit of each, left over from last grow
Budlink
PK13/14,
Molasses, if needed.

I grew out tutenkhamun auto from pyramid last grow and was well impressed with it as a plant,and as a smoke, but might have got lucky, we will see.
I will be doing some bondae on them (LST) but that's about it unless they grow outa control (heres hoping)

So i am using poundland coco, which i have soaked the blocks, mixed in some rooot grow (mycorrhizo, er you know what i mean, bennies)
It has been sitting for a few days. Will be going with my mentors instructions on ec's etc, as i dont really have much of a clue, ha ha

So i am popping the seeds into coco, which im gonna flush with ph'd to 5.8 water, and they will go in my new heated propogator, undera couple of cfls, if i can figure out how to wire the fuckers off a plug. (whats the difference between loop and line? any sparkies out there?. )
I know they have to be wired in parallel, but am not sure which terminal the lives have to go into, loop or line?

So there is not much to see just now, but the diary will get off the ground in the new year, with me asking stupid questions, so, be prepared for a laugh.

Big thanks to Ironjustice for helping me out.

Buckle up, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

ironjustice
24-12-13, 08:32 PM
No problem at all mate... got a cracking set up there mate fair play, wgot to pop out quickly but will be back later with a few questions etc...

cant wait to get you started now buddy.. mon the coco!!!!

IJ

ironjustice
25-12-13, 12:03 AM
Hi mate... Rght, here goes... lol

cracking set up, sounds like you have everything you need.. a couple of things though, when you prep your coco run it through with a very light nutrient solution.. we never want to just use ph'd water, especially as you have just threw some nice bennies into the mix... not familiar with the bennies your using by the way.. im only on my first run with them myself in hydro (voodoo juice and TNC mycorrhydro) and am very impressed with the results so far...

now, your plant numbers... i would go for 8 in that size tent in 10l pots, the chances are in an 8 plant grow you are going to have a few that grow big... ten in that size is pushing it, i did ten in a 2mx2x2xm tent and it was rammed to fuck lol but its your call fella..

whats your background EC and PH?

germ method... you gonna just put them straight into the coco or we going to soak them first and then paper towel them.... i think that will be the better bet if i am honest, prep your coco with 0.5ml per l of rhizzo and 0.2 of base nutes on top of that and then plant them in a tiny hole with taproot down and the top of the shell just showing... this way we will know your not wasting time on beans that are not viable and won't grow...

what do you think mate? this is the way i would do it if not using a root riot cube or something similar.. in those i just soak squeeze and put the bean in the hole lol

anyway my lights should have just come on so i got some bits to sort out... catch you in a bit,

merry xmas... IJ

bigbadbillybob
25-12-13, 12:43 AM
Hi mate,
I have now potted the seeds into thier 3 inch pots, with just coco, (no bennies).
The root grow is granules, and is mixed in with the coco i was gonna be potting into next time i pot up, which will be when they go into the 10 litre pots.
I was gonna use up the root stim when they show above ground, feeding them light to begin with, and upping it as we go

I have soaked the seeds in water for 24 hours, and planted them into the small pots which are in the heated propogator. they are in coco, and are just below the surface, maybe 5 to 10 millimeters. I planted them before i read your post, sorry.
I misted the lid to get some humidity in there, and the temps are reading 19 degrees, at the top of the pots, so it should be ok.
I will expect a show in the next few days.
I have not added any nutes at all, but will put some in tomorrow.
I had shit loads of problems germing seeds for my last grow with paper towels and too much heat in the summer, i lost loads of seeds, and eventually went with this technique, with a good success rate, which is why i wanted to do the same again. Time will tell eh?

Your saying to use 2ml per 10 litres of rhizo and 5ml per 10 litres of canna A and B.
I usually mix up 10 litres at a time, as this fits in my washing up bowl, and fills it to the brim.
I should add the nutes, and then Ph down to 5.8 yeah?

I am inot convinced by my PH pen, as i thought i was in hard water area , but have recalibrated it with ph7 , and my tap water PH is now reading 7.4
EC is 94 PPM tds, which works out at just under 0.2ec.

Plant numbers i will take your advice. I will see how many sprout. I planted 10 thinking i might get 8 if i was lucky.

I take it that the nutes will be ok for a few days in the same basin?

And merry christmas to you and yours tooo mate.
Have a good one.

ironjustice
25-12-13, 04:17 AM
Hi mate,
I have now potted the seeds into thier 3 inch pots, with just coco, (no bennies).
The root grow is granules, and is mixed in with the coco i was gonna be potting into next time i pot up, which will be when they go into the 10 litre pots.
I was gonna use up the root stim when they show above ground, feeding them light to begin with, and upping it as we go

I have soaked the seeds in water for 24 hours, and planted them into the small pots which are in the heated propogator. they are in coco, and are just below the surface, maybe 5 to 10 millimeters. I planted them before i read your post, sorry.
I misted the lid to get some humidity in there, and the temps are reading 19 degrees, at the top of the pots, so it should be ok.
I will expect a show in the next few days.
I have not added any nutes at all, but will put some in tomorrow.
I had shit loads of problems germing seeds for my last grow with paper towels and too much heat in the summer, i lost loads of seeds, and eventually went with this technique, with a good success rate, which is why i wanted to do the same again. Time will tell eh?

Your saying to use 2ml per 10 litres of rhizo and 5ml per 10 litres of canna A and B.
I usually mix up 10 litres at a time, as this fits in my washing up bowl, and fills it to the brim.
I should add the nutes, and then Ph down to 5.8 yeah?

I am inot convinced by my PH pen, as i thought i was in hard water area , but have recalibrated it with ph7 , and my tap water PH is now reading 7.4
EC is 94 PPM tds, which works out at just under 0.2ec.

Plant numbers i will take your advice. I will see how many sprout. I planted 10 thinking i might get 8 if i was lucky.

I take it that the nutes will be ok for a few days in the same basin?

And merry christmas to you and yours tooo mate.
Have a good one.

OK thats fine mate... i doubt it would make a blind bit of difference in the long run, was just explaining the way i do things... and its fine potting up autos, but we need to get our timing just right and they will be fine.. the bennies mixed in with the coco sound bang on as well, read about this method so will go do some reading on what you have used.. but i like the idea of bennies either way, and think they will be a good addition...

don't worry about the nutrients now, just wait until they are above ground... don't water again now until they are above ground, should only be a couple of days and as they are in the prop then the coco shouldnt dry out.

now i know what your water is like its easier for me to explain what i want you to do nutrient wise... basically forget ml per liter on your base nutrients, we use your EC pen for this from now on... its only your additives and boosters that we need measure out this way.... now from memory Rhizzotonic is 2ml per liter at full strength.. so if you use this at 1/4 strength that 0.5ml per l of that... your background EC is very low, so i think what we want to so is start them on an overall EC of 0.5, so you get your ten liters of water and you add 2.5ml rhizzo to it, then you make up the rest of the required EC with base nutrients.. so after adding the rhizzo you take another reading and then add small equal amounts of a and b untill you get to 0.5 ec.... i hope that makes sense buddy.

and yes, its fine to mix up your nutrients in bigger batches that will last a few feeds... i just throw an air stone in the bucket and fire it up ten mins before feeding to make sure everything is nice and oxygenated...

now with regard to feeding frequency.. your pots are small, keep the vents closed on your prop and they should stay moist until they break above ground... soon as they are up then i want you to open the vents and then hit them with that feed, make sure you flood the pots and get a decent amount of runoff... then dont feed again for a couple of days at least, get a decent root system building and then start hitting them with it every other day.

what we are looking for is where the EC in the runoff stays the same or drops... we don't want to see it rise, as that means we are giving the plants to much feed.... so when we feed we collect a sample of the runoff and we test the EC, if it has stayed the same then bingo we are on the right track... if has fallen, again this is good as it means the plant is hungry and telling you it wants some more... if it rises, then we have given them to much. its very simple, but an invaluable tool to any grower imo.. so if the EC stays the same we just keep feeding the same overall EC until the plants tell us they want more or less, if it drops by say 1-2 EC then next feed we raise it up by the same amount, if it rises then we drop back... its very simple and when everything is going right your runoff PH will be around the 6.1-6.3 mark as the ph will rise when the plant is feeding.

test your ph meter mate if your not confident, get some fresh solution and stick it in... if it still reads 7 then its got to be right lol always best to have a back up one.... even if its just a cheap shit one, i have had a few and the best one so far has been the essentials one.. they don't break the bank either... what meters have you got?

and i always plant more than i need, so don't worry about the two extras.. when it comes time to cull a couple, just get rid of the two weakest of fussiest fuckers lol

if i am coming across like im a dick and talking to you like you are stupid, thats not my intention... so i hope i haven't offended you, just wanting to make sure we are on the same page, if anything doesn't make sense or your not happy with anything then just say dude and we will work round it...

Peace...

IJ

red eye knight
25-12-13, 04:47 AM
Good luck you two!

R.e.k.

bigbadbillybob
25-12-13, 12:33 PM
Thanks for poppin in REK. You get the choice of seats.

IJ, i get what you are saying, and will go with your recommendations when they pop above the ground.
Propogator is reading 19-20 deggreees, which is perfecto, so im just leaving it on. Its misted up nicely.
I will keep an eye on the coco for drying out, but like you say it should be ok, and i dont want to over water them, so will just give them a scoosh if it dries too quick, or the beans take thie time.

This is the stuff i mixed in with about 20 litres of coco
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3822/62804_1.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/150873/title/62804-1/cat/3822)
I'll mix up 10 litres but dont have an airstone, but i do have a whisk lol, so will use that instead.

My PH pen is a cheapo from ebay, one of those yellow ones,which was about a tenner, same with the ec pen.
If this is succesful i will get some decent ones for the next grow. Heard a lot of good things about the essentials ones.
Just checked the calibration and its still reading 7, so it should be ok for now.

The ec, PH and feeding advice you have given is perfect, its the sorta stuff i wasnt 100% sure about, especially testing the runoff etc, so its all good.
As for your last satement, no your not sounding like a dick, cos i am stupid, ha ha..
Seriously, its always best to get the full story, rather than for me to guess the missing bits, so just keep it like this and it will be grand.
Have a great chrismas mate.
WIll speak when they show face.

All the best

ironjustice
25-12-13, 06:15 PM
yeah anything that will agitate the surface of the water will create DO so a whisk is not a bad shout.... is it a plastering whisk your on about or a normal one? lol

and them yellow ones are ok mate, i used one for a while and it never went wrong... i got my essentials one, and one the same as yours i use as a back up and its always been cock on so your ok with that i think mate..

glad you understood i wasn't trying to be a dick... if we are both talking the same language then its all good :)

Peace.. IJ

bigbadbillybob
26-12-13, 01:30 PM
Yeah mate, we are both talking the same lingo, no probs.

I have been busy today, getting these feckin cfls sorted, its loop circuit by the way , parallel wired.
So you are loking at the picture saying to yourself, "wow, where can i buy a fancy shmanzie germination station like that?"
Its obviously been crafted from the finest oak , and,................... ok,........................................ ill stop shitting you, i actually made it myself!
Its an old recycling box with a slot cut in it for the timber skirting with lights to sit in.
Not beautiful, but it works, so thats all that matters. i got 3 20W household cfls in there, which should be ok for the time being.
No signs of life yet, but the light will hopefully help!

Anyway, check it out

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_33.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_28.JPG
Im taking orders too.

ironjustice
26-12-13, 07:28 PM
mate that looks like a work of art...fucking good little set up as it goes, im a lazy twat and just bought a T5 fitting and put that over my cheapo prop plsm... but that my friend is a brilliant effort fair play... think we will have some happy little seedlings before long :bigjoint:

bigbadbillybob
27-12-13, 11:18 PM
Hi bud, I was gonna mix up some nutes tonight,in preperation for tomorrow, hopefully, as 3 of the beans have just broken the surface. (2 dwarfs and an AK
I will wait till the actually get thier colydons out and give them a feed like you said
Now, please dont take this the wrong way,. but i was having a look on the canna website and the grow guide, just to get a bit more clued up on coco, and had a look at the grow guides. According to the guide the 2ml per litre of rhizo full strength is for the planrts over a week old, but it says to use 4ml per litre if they are under a week old. I would presume that this is to get the roots going with a bump start. SAying that, the grow guide might well be for full hydro, not sure if it makes a difference
I have held off mixing them till i spoke with you, as you are my mentor.
What do you dude, do i go for 1/4 strength of 2ml/l or 1/4 strength of 4 ml per litre.

Thise 5 litre tubs of canna are a bit chooch to open eh? Just as well im a hardy b*stard lol.

ironjustice
28-12-13, 04:55 AM
nope not taken the wrong way at all... if you look at the canna feed chart it also says to only use pk 13/14 for a week... lol your right to question things as there is no stupid questions, only stupid answers... tbh mate i find rhizo a bit on the strong side, i like to add it at a weak dose and then take it up to full strength over the couple of weeks and then carry on using it until about 2 weeks into flower... i personally think that 4ml per l is way over the top and would possibly burn the seedlings, and it raised your ph stupid high so at that strength the amount of ph down would be alot to get it down to 5.8 as well, something else i am not keen on is using to much... i personally think its best to err on the side of caution and ignore cannas guide on this one and start with 0.5ml per l, going in with a higher strength may not hurt it but it could well do...

i would say stick to the 0.5ml per l as i have used it in this way and it worked very well for me... using it at that high dose imo could cause more harm than good..

and yes.. them lids are a bastard to open, you can by a canna spanna to open them with... if your a pansy pmsl....

glad to hear we have lift of though mate... :bigjoint:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
28-12-13, 11:31 AM
Glad you didnt take it the wong way, i just wanted to check, thats all.
7 outa 10 broken the surface, so its looking good bud. so far
Im definitely a fan of the heated propogator, temps are constant at 20 degrees.

I will start again with the nutes mate, as per your recommendation.
5ml of rhizo per 10 litres, and make it uo with A and B to 0.5 EC.

my ec meter is doing my nut in, cos i am not sure what the conversion factor is with it, it doesnt say anywhere in the packaging, so it could be as much as 0.4 out. im gonna go with the lower scale conversion to start with till i find out what the score is.
Probably a stupid question, but ....Do you know if there is any household product i could calibrate the ec against, to find out which conversion i should be using?

i will measure everything out, feed them and come back with the results later.
I will post in the questions and answers section to see if anyone has one the same for the conversion.

Its like the one in the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-EC-Electrical-Conductivity-Meter-Tester-Water-0-9990ppm-Aquarium-Filter-/141035582888?pt=UK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL&hash=item20d66035a8
no problem

later dude.

bigbadbillybob
28-12-13, 05:55 PM
Me again i got 8 little seed shells/ leaves up now, and have mixed up nutes.
I must have put one in upside down cos the tap root came up outa the coco.
Looked a bit weird, so i dug it out, and the shell was still attached to the coltydons, so i transplanted it very carefully the right way up.
never seen this before, and found it weird that the root would grow straight up.......bizarre.
Doesnt seem fazed, and is now growing properly

I ended up putting in 5 ml/litre of rhizo, 7 ml of A, 7 ml of B. in the mix and came up with 316ppm which is bang in the middle of the 3 possible conversion readings for 0.5 EC.
then added a few drops of PH down and its sitting at 5.8PH
Will give them a feed either later tonight or tomorrow and measure the run off.
Will let you know what readings i get.

ironjustice
28-12-13, 08:44 PM
Hi mate been sleeping all day so sorry for the late replies...lol

Right thats brilliant mate, glad we have some proper action going on in the prop now... seems that little set up you put together was worth the effort! and i have had the same thing with autos, they are thick as shit and dont seem to know what they are doing lol if the shell wont budge of it, i blast them with a mister and it normally falls off... i had one that the taproot grew in a corkscrew shape was very weird but yielded the same as the others in the end so was all good...

Feed sounds bang on, we will just go by the ppm for now as its only a marker, tells us a point we were at last time so we know 316ppm and 5.8 is where its at so we will just work from there... its still the same wether it rises or falls we will see it ;) i will have a dig now and see if i can find out what conversion they use, i know people on here have them as this subject has come up before..

sounds like its all going to plan so far though dude, and a good start normally means a good finish imo... so happy days.

nice one bud..

bigbadbillybob
28-12-13, 10:16 PM
right mate, fed them tonight, they are all clear of the coco, just. One or 2 have stuck shells, so i sprayed them with water
Figures as follows

Feed going in was 307 (was 316 when i mixed them)
PH going in was 5.7 (didnt want to fuck it up by adding ph up then ph down then Ph up etc. thought it would be close enough (it read 5.8 when i first mixed it, so i figured it maybe just dropped to 5.7!!)

Anyway, comin out was as follows
AKs were
PH 6.2,6.3,6.2
Ec was 225,221,227

anubis
Phs were 6.3,6.3,6.3,6.4
ecs were 232,242,247,245

dwarfs were
PH 5.7,6.2,6.2
EC was 268,233,234

rogue reading was due to me washing the seedling outa the coco on the dwarf, oops

IS this ok mate. going by what you said in your previous post, it looks like they are hungry, but as this is thier first feed, do you think i should keep it the same for the next one, see if the ecs drop as much, and then alter the ratios if needed.

let me know bud.

ironjustice
28-12-13, 11:07 PM
Right mate this is bang on... so we will call this day one! we have lift of, repeat we have lift of :harvest:

feed them again in two days with the same and see what the readings are then, then next feed after that we can up the rhizo to 1ml per l and see where we want to go from there ec wise but i would say your safe to keep the ec the same just up the rhiz... the reason the ec was low in te runoffs is because it had hardly anything in it the first place so its bound to come out pretty low this time, next time we will see for sure but i am confident it wont come back any higher put it that way.. lol

lmfao about washing the dwarf out :bigjoint:

so far so good though mate...

and do you have any ec callibration fluid there? if you have i might be able to work out what conversion we are on... maybe lol

IJ

Lil Sindigo
29-12-13, 06:51 PM
Wishing you the best on your coco adventure boys. :joint: Some top class bodging going on with your cfls billy, in fact almost too professional to be classed as a bodge. Hope 2014 brings -everything you need and lotsa kick-ass weed.

bigbadbillybob
29-12-13, 09:28 PM
thanks lil, i wish you and your little angel all the very best for 2014.

Here is a pic of the little ones tonight..

I tried to pry the shell off one of the Aks tonight, but my eyesight is shot, and i refuse to wear glasses 99% of the time, cos i cant find/ see them.
I used my loupe and a couple of craft knives, seemed to go ook, but i cant see shit close up, so we will have to wait and see.
Good news is that all 10 have cracked the surface tho, 100% success rate, what a boost,
18 quid outa B&Q, bargain. Best 18 quid i spent.
Inn the picture, back row is the Anubis, bottom left are the dwarfs and bottom right the AKs
Prop vent is fully open and they seem to be doing ok so far.

I will give them another feed tomorrow night, and i think the tent will get built on Tuesday/ Wednesday night.

Not much to see but its a start

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_17.JPG

and the AK. Hopefully i havnt killed it

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/011_Small_13.JPG

Mon the coco indeed.

ironjustice
30-12-13, 08:02 PM
im sure the ak will be fine, just keep misting it mate as its probably got some of the membrane in it.... its one of the reason i like the root riots, i get the whole cube with the seedling sticking out of it and dunk it in the solution... they normally just fall off after a day, and its only the odd one here and there that need help... but as we have 10 above ground we are laughing anyway, so good start my man... start as you mean to carry on :harvest:

looking good mate, and yep... mon the coco!!! fucking magic stuff i tel ya!

bigbadbillybob
31-12-13, 12:32 AM
Aright mate.
I got all my growing kit outa the loft tonight, tent, fans, lights, pots, trays blah blah blah................. Fuck me, i didnt realise that i needed so much to grow a few plants.
Heres hoping no body wants to look at the house for the next 2 and a half months (cos i will be struggling to get all this shit in the shed)
If they do, i will have to dismantle completely, which is gonna be a pain in the arse, but i have to accept the fact that this grow may end up scuppered.
Hopefully not tho, time will tell.
Anyway i have had to soak another couple of coco bricks, cos i dont think i have enough for all the pots, so they are in the bath.
I will flush them in pillow case and put 10 litres of 5.8 Ph water through them before mixing them in with the rest of the coco/ bennies
It looks like the AK is dead, as there are no shoots coming from the stem. Im gonna give her a couple of days and see what happens but im not holding out much hope.
One of the dwarfs has abit of burn to the tip of a couple of leaves, so i will keep an eye on it.

The rest of them are growing well. i aint watered them tonight, but will water them tomorrow. That will be 3 days.
The coco still feels moist, and i am not wanting to over water them.
I want the roots to go searching, and get a bit better established.

I am gonna set the tent up tomorrow, (before i start drinking) and was thinking of transplanting them into thier 10 litre final pots. and giving them a feed
What do you think
Either that or i could put the little 3 litre pots in the tent, sup to you bud?

I have a 400w metal halide lamp, and was gonna use that for a couple of weeks, because i read somewhere that they are better than HPS for veg period.
Again its up to you?

I usually put my soil autos under 600W HPS, dimmed to 400W for a couple of weeks to get going.
It might be my imagination but they dont seem to stretch as much as when they are under the 600w.

They are almost hitting the top of the propogator, and i reckon another couple of days and they will, hence the transplant idea.
They are looking good though apart from the AK, and i reckon the pyramid Anubus will go well, we will see. They look strong.

Ill wait till you reply before doing any potting.
Cheers Billy

bigbadbillybob
31-12-13, 05:23 PM
right ho,
tent is set up and waiting, coco all mixed up waiting, plants are still in proppo.
I had to feed them tonight and have left them in thier wee pots till i hear from you.

They got the following
EC in was 321 ppm
PH in 5.6

Aks were Ph out 6.2 and 6.3
EC was 360 and 377

Other Ak is no more, i binned it.

Royal dwarfs were
Ph out 6.2,6.3,6.3
EC out 375,343,317

Anubis was Ph out 6.1,6.2,6.2,6.3
EC were 314,315,351,290.

I am off out on the lash shortly, and have left them under the cfl for now.
The metal halide bulb was shite, I blagged it from work, but when i opened the package it has the frosted glass, and when i tried it it wasnt that intense a light, so i binned it. no use.
Ive got the HPS fitted and waiting, set to 400W.
Any idea what i could put in the bottom of the big pots to stop the coco from washing out?, stones?

Anyway happy new year mate, have a good one.

im off to put a large dent in a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 yr old toasted oak malt, and a case of kronenburg. oooooh yummy.

ironjustice
31-12-13, 09:27 PM
Right i would transplant them up to the final pots mate... get it done, and less risk of them getting potbound and stunted.. sounds like they are taking off and the EC readings are ok the dwarfs seem to have spat a bit back but just keep them on this mix and make sure you get plenty of runoff to stop the salts building up in the pots...

as for the bottom of the pots, yeah i use clay pebbles about 3-4 inches in the bottom mate... you always get a bit of shit come out first couple of feeds but the pebbles in the bottom help for drainage and make sure the coco isnt sat in the runoff....

im using a mh for the first time, mush shorted compact plants compared to normal hps.... doesnt make much difference though mate, and i have managed all my other grows without one so fuck it!

enjoy your scotch and beer mate, and happy new year to you to.... hope you have a great one!

IJ

stealthgrow
31-12-13, 11:31 PM
Good luck guys , great reading already , hope you smash it

ATB for the new year

bigbadbillybob
01-01-14, 07:57 PM
Thanks Stealthgrower, your good wishes are appreciated

I remember now why i stopped drinking, Its the banging headaches, DOH! Still, was fine at the time.ha ha.

Here they are in thier new home
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_2_.JPG
One of the dwarfs (bashfull)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/008_Small_20.JPG
and a anubis
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_18.JPG

So i put washed stones to the base of the pots, just enough to cover the big drain holes, and them put in a mix of the mychorizo's coco and the normal coco, about 2:1
I filled the bath with water and PH'd it to 5.8.
I filled the pots with the coco and rinsed through at least 3-4 litres of the PH'd water.
I transplanted the small seedlings from the small pots into the big ones and buried them sufficiently that they were no longer lanky bastards.
I fed the small pots last night, EC 0.5 equivalent, so i didnt feed them now they are in the big pots, but will do so tomorrow night, when they have had a chance to settle in.
The tap roots on a few of them were out the bottom of the wee pots, so it was a good shout for re-potting them.

temps in the tent are only 14 derees, but should heat up with the light. they have only been in for about ten minutes lol.
RH is 68%, so its all good, or will be when the temps get up to 26 or so
Talking of light ive only got one 400W HPS on just now, about 1 metre from the tops of the plants, with the oscillating fan going, but no intake fan, its just passive for now, cos it would be pulling in 8 degree air, and i am wanting to get the temps up a bit. i will check them in a couple of hours and if its no better i'll stick the other light on and space them out a bit.

I have a question for you bud,
I was gonnai mix up a load of nutes tomorrow, like 40 litres, as i have bought a laundry basket for just this purpose. Question is what strength do we go for?
I was wondering if we are gonna be keeping them at 0.5 for a while, or do you want me to up the amounts of rhizo? or.........?

Let me know your thoughts bud.
Hope you had a great new year, and arent suffering as much as i am!!

ironjustice
01-01-14, 10:50 PM
Hello mate hows tricks? hope your feeling better... i been on the waggon almost six years now i think, and i dont miss hang overs one bit.. nor come downs come to think of it lol

and they look cock on there mate, hopefully the light will have heated it up enough in there, if not turn the intake off that will get it warm and humid enough in there without costing you extra for lighting... if you think about it, its still pulling in 8 degree air just passively from the exhaust running... but it might get to hot, so you would have to play it by ear...

with the rhiz you can whack it up to full strength on the next feed which should be asap so do that tomorrow if you can... bring the overall ec up to 0.6 and mix up a big batch or say 40l and put this through the pots, then leave them for about 3-4 days and hit them with the same feed again and we will see what the runoff is saying.... but the idea here is to let the plants root the pots out, if you feed to ofen the first couple of weeks then you can end up with a shitty lazy root system as it never had to go far to look for anything cos you are pouring it on its head everyday...

so to sum up.. plants look ace, everything is cock on.. apart from temp, but your getting that sorted.
tomorrow you have to give them pots a good drenching... so mix up 40l (2ml rhizo per l rest a and b) at 0.6 EC ph 5.8 and put this through the pots completely flood them.. dont worry about runoff of these ones just flush that lot through them.. then leave for 3 days,

then mix up a new batch of the same as above... hit them with this go for 20% runoff and see what readings we get and go from there...

is that all good with you and makes sense mate... sorry about my late night replies, as i said in pm i am a bit of a nighthawk... lol

hope you had a good one last night, i was fucking mashed so stoned i fell asleep and woke up with a spilt ashtray and nearly a full doob in my hand lol

happy new year to you to.. and apart from my usual shit i aint suffering lol

cheers

bigbadbillybob
02-01-14, 04:51 PM
And a happy new year to you too.
Im almost back to normal now, well, as normal as i get.

Gave them the 40 litres today, i couldnt help myself and checked the runoff.
Its bang on at 0.6EC 316PPM, out and PH 6.2, so its sweet spot has been hit aggain, woop woop.

I ended up putting in 80ml of rhizo, and 30ml each of A and B.to get 0.6 EC. Was reading 7.4 PH which i go down to 5.8 with the PH downt .

I am gonna mix the nutes for SUnday night up tomorrow night, as im gonna be busy Saturday and Sunday.

They are on 24: 0 lighting just now, but i will pull that down to 20-4 in a week or so, and whack it up to 600 Watts.
Might have to use my 5 inch intake fan. for that tho, depending on the temps.

I needed to put the other light on to get the temps up, and they are keeping stable, which is a bonus.

I got the temps bang on at 25-28 lights on.
Humidity dropped a little in the past 24 hours to 46%, but i am not gonna panic, it should go up as ive left a little bit of run off in the trays. (outa the way of the pots)
My angled trays are working well, cos the pots are clear of the little bit of water thats left.

So basically, there is no dramas, and they are looking sweet........................... So far.
mon the coco.

ironjustice
02-01-14, 05:06 PM
i knew you would check it anyway, i always do can help it... its good practice to do it anyway...

sounds like everything is smack on.. and dont worry to much about humidity, that will jump up a bit when you change to 20/4 as the humidity will build a bit in the dark period... but autos don't seem to care about an arid environment as photo plants do ime.... 46% is fine anyway, nothing to worry about there....

mon the coco!!!

bigbadbillybob
05-01-14, 11:10 PM
Hi bud, im back.
Been hectic busy this weekend.

I mixed my nutes up a couple of days ago, and when i tested them they were 308pPm 0.6 EC and 5.8 PH (EC incliudes background of 0.2 by the way, hope this is right)

So tonight i tested them again and they were 5.9 and 295PPM 0.6 EC, so i gave them 3 litres each tonight at these readings going in, with average run off of 1.5 litres.
Figures are below are taken from the run off

AK1 PH 5.5 , 409ppm or 0.8EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 412PPm or 0.8EC

RD1 PH 5.9, 440PPM, or near 0.9EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 436PPM, 0.9 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 413PPM or 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 395ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.9, 425ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 398PPM or 0.8 EC
An4 PH5.9, 416PPM or 0.8 EC.

So basically the PH is going down slightly or staying the same, and the EC is going up by 0.2 to 0.3.

Do you reckon we should cut back on the feed, next feed, and if so, what do you reckon we should go with bud.
Going on your earlier advice i should be looking to cut it back to 0.4EC. Is that right enough or.........
Hope you are well.
The plants are looking ok to be honest, and have sprouted thier second set of true leaves.
I will put them on 20-4 lighting when my contactor/ timer arrives, which wil be in couple of days.
Temps are ok at 24-28 lights on humidity is hovering around 40%, not ideal, but hey ho.

Let me know what you think bud.Cheers

ironjustice
06-01-14, 01:23 AM
Yes mate knock them back to 0.4 ec, 0.8 is a bit high... get a fair amount of that throug therm and keep testing te runoff until the runoff is coming out the same as going in EC wise, and ph is staying stableish so thats not to bad but anyway up to but i wouldn't worry about that to much for now... lets get this EC sorted mate and make sure we dont burn the fuckers early on as that would be a right kick up the bollocks lol

all this is including your background, makes it easier if we are on the same page... lol

hope you had a good weekend mate..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
06-01-14, 07:56 PM
coolio mate,
Ive flushed the feckers through with 100 litres to the 9 pots which is, er, sticks tongue out, scratches head, er, over 10 litres each. .
I mixed up to 206ppm and flushed out 230-240ppm, which, hopefully should be close enough,
Im sure you'll tell me if i need to flush more through them.
Some of them started at 440PPm. and most were over 400ppm runoff to start with
i wasnt sure what ratios you wanted me to mix the nutes at, so i just put a drop of rhizo in (25ml per 40litres ), and about 15ml each of A and B per 40 litres, to bring it up to 0.4EC
Like i said flushed them out till i got between 0.4 and 0.5 EC, so hopefully they will be ok. Ph was going from 5.8 in to 5.9 and 6.0 ish.

Do you want me to keep them at 0.4 or 0.5 Ec for the next feed, and see what the runoff says or.......?
Im no expert but i thought that if i kept it at this level, and it spits loads out, its less flushing, but then again, i could be talking bollox. (good chance)
And do i go back to full strength rhizo in the mix, or what do you reckon bud.

Hope this gibberish makes sense. If not let me know and ill try and explain.

cheers
billy

bigbadbillybob
06-01-14, 08:15 PM
gettin bigger
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_31.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_29.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_29.JPG

ironjustice
06-01-14, 10:47 PM
No thats bang on mate, keep it it 0.4 and see where we go from there.... flushing the way you did was exactly right as well, now when you feed again (feed/water every other day in veg) hit them with the 0.4 and see what they are saying then... they look like they are well on their way anyway mate so should start wolfing it down before long :)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
06-01-14, 11:49 PM
Cheers bud, thats a relief.

what about the rhizo. Do i go for 2 ml per litre and make the rest up with A and B with it, or cut it back a bit?

wochareckon?

ironjustice
08-01-14, 01:10 AM
per l is fine mate for now mate i reckon..

sorry for my late reply, don't know how i missed it...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
08-01-14, 08:40 AM
er, how many per litre?

ironjustice
08-01-14, 02:42 PM
lol thats what happens when your stoned and dont read your posts back lol

1ml mate, so half strength... thats fine till they start getting it down them i say, we will keep them on the rhiz untill a couple of weeks into flower and then jog it on.... as we are keeping the EC so low we want them to have a good portion of that as a and b so they get what they need.. we can double it up to full strength next week or something..

cheers bud, and sorry for my silly post lol

bigbadbillybob
08-01-14, 07:37 PM
yeah no worries bud, its all ggood.

I gave them a feed tonight, mixed up 40 litres of water, with 40ml rhizo, and 12ml each of A and B.
Ec was 215PPM (0.4EC) Ph was 5.7
Fed them and gave them all 2 litres per pot, and had run off of about1 litre on average, as low as 0.6 litres for one of the Dwarfs, but well over 20% run off.

Feed going in was PH 5.7, and 215PPM
Coming out was:

AK 1 Ph out was 5.7, 321PPM
AK 2 Ph out was 5.8, 301PPM

RD1 Ph out was 5.8, 329PPM
RD2 Ph out was 5.8, 285PPM
RD3 Ph out was 5.9, 275PPM

AN1 Ph out was 5.8, 318PPM
An2 Ph out was 5.8, 301PPM
AN 3 Ph out was 5.8, 303PPM
AN4 Ph out was 5.8, 298PPM

Bit of an issue with the EC's, they are going in at 0.4 and coming out at 0.6, so maybe i need to reduce the feeds further, or flush them with straight water.
Any way im sure you will let me know?
What do we do here, less feed?, or flush the fuck outa them and start again?

Temps are sweet at 27 average, RH 40% averae.
Still on 24--7 lights, at 400 watts, but i will punt them uo to 600 shortly, like when my timer arrives, a s they are anearly 2 week old

ironjustice
09-01-14, 04:17 PM
Right mate dont flush with straight water, we never do that in coco... fucks everything up, so best thing to do imo is keep feed the same, what your more than likely seeing is the build up of feed thats been left behind... i would just give them a good run through and make sure you get loads of runoff until they start feeding mate... or flush them through with 0.4 ec untill thats what comes out the bottom, then we know we have reset the medium to 0.4 and we are good to go... i would go with the last option myself, but leave the rhiz out untill your at 0.4 then ix up a normal feed and hit them with that...

everthing else is bang on mate, and dont worry to muc about this they will be fine and as long as we keep the feed low and get plenty of runoff to avoid salts building up we wont have a problem..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
10-01-14, 10:47 PM
All rigght bud?
I ave them a feed at 0.4, except this time i made sure that the PPM figure coming out was the same PPm figure i was puting in.
Last time i did this i was maybe up to 20PPm out, which i didnt think would matter, but hey, maybe it did
Anyways put 130 litres through them tonight, and, for each 40 litre batch i gave em 25ml rhizo, and approx 15ml each of A and B, then pulled the PH down to exactly 5.8, from about 7.2 so hopefully it should be sweet, we willl see on Sunday night when i feed them again.

Was gonna keep the feed the same on Sunday, but might add a bit of rhizo in (only reason is because i got 30 litres of it mixed up already)
Do you think that will be ok, or do you think i should up the EC from 0.4?

A few of the leaves got soaked with the nutes, which isnt ideal, but couldnt be avoided, as i planted a few too near the surface of the coco.
I just rinsed the leaves with feed to clear the coco off them..

i will try and avoid this in future..
Got my timers today, but am busy till Sunday nigght, so i will bump them up to 600 watts, and put them on 20-4 when i feed them next (Sunday)

I will need to keep an eye on the temps, to make sure they wont go through the roof with the 600's.
If they do, i shall plug in the 5 inch intake, and cross my fingers.

the ladies are growing really well, am impresed with the rate of growth, some of em are near the edge of the pots.
They are currently siting at an average of 26 degrees RH about 40%
Hope your grows are going well.

Any problem with what im suggesting, dont be shy and let me know.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT: Iwhen you talk about having 20% runoff, an i right in thinking that its 20% of what you pour in and not 20% of the pot capacity? Hope im right cos thats what ive been working on?

Have a good weekend bud.
ATB
Billy

ironjustice
11-01-14, 12:04 AM
Hows it going billy mate! all good here thanks for asking...

what you have done is exactly right.. we now know we are starting on a clean sheet with the medium reset they have probably been feeding but you dont notice cos some feed is left from last time so it looks like its spitting it out...

and yeah, just hit them with the 0.4 until they start feeding and we see a drop on the readings.... temps and humidity are ok at the moment mate, fingers crossed for the 5" lol

and yeah my grows are going well, just about to roll a joint out of my fastly depleting supply and get up there and feed the ones in coco... i have had to buy another tent cos my think different has taken over most of the 1.2 x 0.8 tent lol its fucking huge, i will get some pics tonight and upload to my diary lol

and as i said, there are no stupid questions only stupid answers mate.. glad your asking the right questions... like the runoff, that may seem stupid but its not really, i didnt specify and you could be fucking loads of nutes away down the bog lol... so basicaly, 3l in the top, you wat about 0.6l out the bottom... like now with my td shes taking 6-7l a day, so im chucking 1.5l at least down the bog every day just from that one plant :kill:

ironjustice
11-01-14, 01:53 AM
and as for the nutes splash on the lower leaves, dont worry to much but what i do is wipe them with a towel so there is no beads or drops of water to act as a magnifying glass and then stick a fan pointing at it till its dry... easy peasy ;)

and im glad they are growing well mate, its amazing the rate the autos take of at especially in coco.... what target you setting yourself for this grow, come on man we got to have a figure to shoot for lol im going for 10oz on my single think different, and 20 oz for my plants in DWC.... and say 4-5 oz for the chiesel auto... if you set yourself a target then it gives you something to try and beat, thats the way i look at it anyway keeps me motivated :laugh:

hope you have a good weekend mate..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
11-01-14, 10:43 AM
Well, target wise?
Im not sure.
My best soil grow was just over 3 Oz,per plant, so anythngn over that will be good.
4 Oz per plant would be great, but i dont know if they will all get that, so i'll set my target at a nice round 30 Oz for the 9, just cos its a round number, which works out at over 3 per plant.
Ive read a lot of diaries and i think 4 each can be done, but we will see how it goes
Might be a bit optomistic given that its early days, and my first coco grow, with plants that are meant to be short, but i like to have something to aim for.

As its my first grow, im just treating it as a learning curve.
I dunno what the crack is with them, but the Royal dwarfs are the biggest of the lot so far!, the anubis are next, and the Aks are the smallest, but that will all change in time im sure.
Will keep the feed the same for the next feed, and crank er up to 600W. That should help growth, if the temps keep sweet.

Ill let you know how the run off goes on Sunday night bud.

ATB
Billy

bigbadbillybob
12-01-14, 12:26 AM
Was bored tonight, little dude is off to bed, so i decided the thread lacks pics.
Here is an update,
AKs on the left, royal dwarfs on the right

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_30.JPG

Anubis, girls, reclining in the sun
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_19.JPG

tried them at 600W the night, but they were having none of it. Temps went from 27 up to 33 in an hour, they wiz roasting, even with the 5 inch intake on, and oscillating fan on setting2 outa 3, so put them down to the 400W super lumen setting, will try and figure out how to keep the temps down tomorrow. have left the 5inch intake on meantime, to see how much lower the temps will go compared with passive intake, will check in half an hour, and if its too low, i will put it back to passive.
Might even end up going with the 400 W till the end if i canna come up with something.
I thought about rotating the lights 90 degrees, and tying the iintale ducting to one side of the light shade, so that the incoming air blew ovet the lights first.
i dont know what else to try.
Moving the lights further away will be no help as they will not get the lumens, and filling the tent with fans will result in fan burn.

Any ideas bud?

ironjustice
12-01-14, 12:42 AM
Hello mate...

Plants look bang on there mate, nothing to worry about... look like they are growing along nicely :harvest:

as for the temps apart from having fans blowing on the lights or using coolshades etc, then there aint alot you can do! where you drawing your air to and where is it being extracted to?

IJ

bigbadbillybob
12-01-14, 11:11 PM
Hi IJ im back again bud., hope you had a good weekend.

Am drawing air from the coldest room in the house, back utility room, and expelling iinto the hallway, outside the groom, I cant get under the floor to draw outside air in, so am a bit stuck.
Will see how i get on wi fans etc.

Gave them a feed tonight, at 40ml to 40 litres of rhizo and about 15ml/litre of A and B to 40 litres, which turned out to be 193PPM (0.4EC) which i then Ph'd down to 5.8.

Run off figures below.

Going in was 193PPM and 5.8 EC

AK1 PH 5.7 , 230 ppm or 0.46 EC
AK2 PH 5.5 , 242 PPm or 0.48 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 218 PPM, 0.44 EC
RD2 PH 5.5, 211 PPM, 0.42 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 227 PPM or 0.45 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 236 ppm or 0.47 EC
An2 PH 5.6, 217 ppm or 0.43 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 227 PPM or 0.45 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 210 PPM or 0.42 EC.

So we have the PH falling by 0.1 to 0.3, and the PPM rising by a little. (about 0.5 EC)

Ive ditched the rest of the mixed up nutes, which have been sitting since Friday, and am gonna start mixing up for 2 feeds only at a time, on the night of the first feed.

I put 3-4 litres each through them tonight, and had at least a litre of run off, if not more.

They are looking ok to be honest, apart from the nute splashes to the lower leaves, and are growing away.

Will i keep the same feed for next time (0.4EC ), and see how they go, keeping the rhizo at 1ml per litre?
Planning feeding them on Tuesday night.

Am on 20 hours on 4 off lighting schedule, but havnt bumped them up to 600 yet, will fuck about with fans and ducting tomorrow night, if i get time.

Cheers

ironjustice
13-01-14, 07:06 PM
Right well its not risen as much so we are heading in the right direction, the drop in ph isn't a concern at the moment but we dont want to get lock out so we will make a decision on what to do next feed.. but i think we will see a difference and they will start caning the feed before long.. as you said they are growing away nicely, so we are ok.. but we just have to keep monitoring and things will come good.. trust me, im a doctor lol

everything your doing is spot on though mate and you seem to be grasping this pretty well imo... good job mate!

IJ

bigbadbillybob
14-01-14, 07:14 PM
Hi bud,
i tried to get the 600s on again last night. I put 2 * 9 inch fans in there, intake was the 5 inch RVK, and a clip on to the light reflector.
BAsically every fan in the house went in there!!

Temps were still sitting at 30 degrees, but RH dropped to 30% odd (probably with the heat)
I left them overnight, but this morning they were at 32 degrees, and my house was full of condensation, so i put them back to 400W, and ditched the intake fan and the shade clip on.
It was only after i took all the fans out i remembered that i have a 4 inch extract fan and carbon filter stashed up in the loft (somewhere)
DO you think its worth getting that out, and using it as well as the 8 inch fan/ filter combo,
Or do i just stick with the 2*400watters?

Anyway, the scores on the doors tonight are:
Rhizo 40ml per 40 litres and 17ml each of A and B

Going in was 222 PPM and 5.8 PH

AK1 PH 5.5 , 217 ppm or 0.4 EC
AK2 PH 5.4 , 212 PPm or 0.4 EC

RD1 PH.5.5, 218 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD2 PH 5.5, 193 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD3 Ph 5.3, 206 PPM or 0.4 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 200 ppm or 0.4 EC
An2 PH 5.6, 196 ppm or 0.4 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 196 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 190 PPM or 0.4 EC.

So the EC is stable and the PH is dropping by 0.1- 0.5 EC

DO we up the feed for next time, or keep it the same?
What do you reckon?

ironjustice
14-01-14, 08:32 PM
Hi bud... sounds like a right nightmare and you cant have your house full of condensation lol as for the other 4" then yes if that will mean it drops temps and you can run more light then i would give it a go mate, more light means more bud imo but at the moment they will be fine under 400's...

right as for the feed... we are defo in the right direction, we may have to reset the ph in them with a good old flooding until its 5.8 coming out on the next feed... once the medium is reset again as they are feeding ph will start to rise, and you will get the usual 5.9-6.3 ph... its a fucking wast of nutrients in a way, but it has to be done mate.. if it were me i would do it with feed with no rhizzo in it, just the a and b and when the ph is coming out right run a couple of more liters through with the rhiz in it... sounds a massive pain in the arse and i know it is lol but what i would do is keep the feed the same, get a decent amount of runoff next feed and see where we are again... but defo heading in the right direction my man...

i normally up the feed when it drops a couple of feed in a row mate.. this normally would have happened by now but for some reason they were being fussy fuckers at the start...

so for now, keep it as it is... then see where we are after next feed... cool?

hope all is well mate...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
17-01-14, 12:52 AM
Aright mate, hope yer well.
I flushed the fuckin bejeezus outa them tonight. As you said with just A and B, at EC 0.4, Ph 5.8
Got them all to read within 0.1PH, usually around 5.7, which i thought would be close enough, especially as i had to flush them for 3 solid hours, using about 200 litres of water/nutes.
I went and put them back in the tent, and went for a well earned cuppa, thinking this will have cracked it.

Wrong!

Mixed up a fresh batch, 40 litres water, 40ml rhizo and about 18ml each of A and B

So going in it was bang on 200ppm, 5.8PH.

Gave them about 3 litres and had at least a litre run off, but the readings aint good, and i cant for the life of me figure out why, or what the fuck is ggoing on.

Coming out

AK1 PH 5.4 , 275 ppm or 0.5 EC
AK2 PH 5.3 , 276 PPm or 0.5 EC

RD1 PH.5.5, 238 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD2 PH 5.4, 236 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD3 Ph 5.4, 230 PPM or 0.5 EC

AN1 Ph 5.4 , 228 ppm or 0.4 EC
An2 PH 5.4, 217 ppm or 0.4 EC
AN3 PH 5.4, 223 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.5, 235 PPM or 0.5 EC.

So what we have is the PH is dropping by 0.3 to 0.5, and the EC is going up again ARRGGHHHH!

Its basically back to where we were about 2 feeds ago, and im 200 litres of feed down the shitter for no difference.
Bloody coco!

Any ideas what we can try mate.

I can only think it might have something to do with the mychorizo? or the stones? or,.....oh fuck knows! The annoying thing is the fact that i got the run offs to read near as dammit what was goin in with the flush and i go back an hour or two later and am back to square one.
Sorry for moaning bud, but i was really hoping to get them moving in the right direction, and find it a bit frustrating.

Im not giving up tho.

ironjustice
17-01-14, 03:14 AM
lol im all good mate, been running around like a twat all day myself so know how you feel...

Dude what do the plants look like? if they are all good then dont worry... so much, none are looking burnt or fried from nutes are they?

it could be the pebbles in the bottom playing fuck with your ph... as for the EC, i wouldn't worry.. when they are not eating all the nutes but drinking the water you get nutes left behind, the key here from now on i think is to just make sure you get plenty of runoff each feed until they start feeding.. the ph drop isnt that drastic tbh, and when they feed it will start to climb again... i have a feeling this has something to do with your coco, where did you say you got it again? i know some coco you can buy has nutes in it already so that might be what is happening here.. and i know the tncmycorhydro raises the EC in my buckets so it could be that as well..

if you notice the higher the ppm in the runoff the lower the EC... just keep on every other day, or daily if you want that might speed things up a bit, and they will start feeding at some point... just being fussy buggers, but if they ate growing fine and looking well then i say we just carry on as we are...

and your not moaning, its just doing your nut in and im your mentor and thats what im here for innit... lol

if the plants are growing, looking healthy they we are heading in the right direction BBBB... dont worry mate we will be fine ;)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
17-01-14, 03:33 PM
Aye i know mate, you're right, im fretting about nothing.

Anyways, A picture tells a thousand words.
Heres the line up, pics taken in room lighting.

AK1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_30.JPG

AK2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_32.JPG

royal dwarf 1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_31.JPG

dwarf 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_20.JPG

dwarf 3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_18.JPG

Anubis 1 i cut the lowest leaves off as they were crisped by nute burns woops
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/008_Small_21.JPG

Anubis 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_19.JPG

and 3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/010_Small_16.JPG

finally 4 looks a bit cabbage like
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/011_Small_14.JPG

As you can see they look a little bit beat up, and showing a few nute splashes to the lower leaves. I definitely repotted them too deep, as the leaves sit in the feed when i water them.
I chopped the bottom leaves from one of them cos they were frazzled by the nute splashes..

live and learn.

They actually look like they need a feed, as some of the leaves are quite light in colour.
Other wise they look allright, to my untrained coco eyes!

I normally start LST on them when they get to this size, but im gonna wait till they have had another feed, tomorrow, and see what that does, cos i dont want to stress them out any more just now, till they get with the programme and grow some.

I will keep the next feed at 0.4 with 1 ml/l rhizo,, if thats the reight thing to do, and see what the runoff says.

The coco im using is the poundland stuff. Its actually listed as Potting soil. Duke 1 uses the same stuff without any issues that i know of
The packet it came in doest list any ferts in the ingredients, so i would have thought that it wasnt pre-charged with slow release nutes.
The coco was flushed to death/ rinsed under the taps in pillow cases, till no more dye etc came out, then they were fed a light feed before the plants went into them., just 0.5ml/litre of rhizo if i remember rightly.

I feel a bit less pissed off today tho, and am gonna keep positive about this grow, because they will perk up and start shooting out pistols shortly, i hope!

Ill let you know how the readings go for the next feed bud, unless you want me to change anything, when you see the pics.

Cheers Billy

bigbadbillybob
17-01-14, 10:06 PM
Hiya bud,
I gave them another feed tonight,
Set to 5.9 PH and 226 PPM or 4.5EC
Coming out was better than before, they are now feeding at last, hoo fuckin ray, but the PH is dropping still.
Anyway the runoff figures are as follows:
I put the pots inside a big tub and measuresd the runoff from all of the runoff, instead of taking a sample, dunno if it makes any odds like.

AK1 PH 5.6 , 214 ppm or 0.4 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 197 PPm or 0.4 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 159 PPM, 0.3 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 186 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 148 PPM or 0.3 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 141 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.5, 154 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 175 PPM or 0.35 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 216 PPM or 0.4 EC

So PH dropping by 0.3 - 0.4 and EC dropping by 0.1 on average.
I suppose we up the feed now do we?
What do we do about the PH falling bud, is it worth worrying about, or do i give them more and seee what the PH does at a higher EC reading?

Ill wait and see what you say bud, but think it may be time to start feeding them daily, am not sure because there are no pistils,, and you said to feed every 2 days in veg.
what do you think?

Peace
Billy ( a happier bunny,, cos my girls are feeding.)

ironjustice
17-01-14, 11:27 PM
hi bud, plants look ok.. the yellowing is probably where they were locked out and were no able to get at what they wanted when they wanted it.... now my suggestion was to go in with a slightly higher ph today, but you did that anyway (dont know wether on purpose or not :p) and see if we can get them nearer where we want to be that way...

anyway, tonights readings are much better.. they are feeding, thats a fucking bonus and a half.. i knew it would happen eventually but when was the question lol i would keep the feed the same mate, its only dropped once so lets not start throwing a party just yet, we will see what they do on the next feed.. also, as i explained when they feed hard and the EC drops the PH rises.. so it will help us out a bit if we keep it where it is, if its dropped again next time then we can up it.... next feed go in with the same nutrient mix but ph 6.0 for one feed and see what the runoff is is saying afterwards...

and doing the ec readings like that is fine, its quicker just keep your eyes peeled for any problem plants and you can then isolate them and test them individually and sort them out... hope that makes sense im a bit mashed lol

bigbadbillybob
18-01-14, 02:37 PM
And why not.....its Friday night isnt it.
Yeah mate, makes sense.
Will feed at 0.4 an 6 PH tonight, as they are getting bigger now. I reckon its time for daily feeds.
I manages to get some time today, and rigged up my 4 inch fan and filter combo in an attempt to get the temps down enough to use the 600's
The temps are a bit high today at 29.8, but i also found a 12 inch oscillating fan in the loft, so its whirring away at top speed, aimed at the lights.
Ive just finished all this, and will check in a hour or two and see how much the temps come down by, before hitting them with 600 watts after lights out.

If they take the 600s without any issues im gonna LST them

Il post up later what the runoffs are bud.

Your think different grow is coming on a treat mate, i was checking her out earlier.

Dr Plough
18-01-14, 03:37 PM
Ill sub up to this is I may , some good info in this diary ;)
Best of luck

bigbadbillybob
18-01-14, 10:02 PM
N9o problem doctor, welcome aboard, have a seat.

Well mate no change im afraid,

They are feeding well, but the PH is dropping.

AK1 PH 5.7 , 178ppm or 0.35 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 182 PPm or 0.35 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 172 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 177 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 141 PPM or 0.3 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 146 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.6, 142 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 164 PPM or 0.3 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 212 PPM or 0.4 EC

So over all the EC is dropping, (well, apart from the cabbage Anubis 4), by 0.5-1 EC and the PH is generally dropping by 0.3 to 0.5PH

After i had fed them and obviously drained the pots of feed into my trusy washin up bowl, i put them back, and as usual you get the last bit of runoff from them. Now they are in trays, and i decided to take a reading, the Aks were 5.8PH and 185, the dwarfs were 5.7 and 183, i never tested the anubis.

Anyway, they appear to be feeding ok, so do i up the feed?
I have been doing a bit of readin about PH dropping and "some say" it points to a root problem?
Maybe i should up the rhizo to normal dose of 2ml per litre, or start the cannazym.
Some also say that it can be caused by bennies dying off, so maybe its related to the mychorizo in the coco?
SOme also say it can be caused by bacterial infection. Maybe i should have bleached the stones in the bottom of the pots
Fook knows
What do you reckon bud. ?
Im a bit lost with the Ph dropping

bigbadbillybob
18-01-14, 10:24 PM
Noticed that anubis 1, which i cut the lowest pair of leafs off is looking the healthiest of the lot, and is a darker green than the rest.
So i cut the other damaged leaves off the other plants, with sterilised scissors.
Dont suppose it will make much odds, but its something i can rule out.

ironjustice
19-01-14, 12:27 AM
Mate normally i would say yes it could be any of those other problems, but in this case i am 100% sure its because they were not feeding at first and this is what started the ph slide.... anyway, thats better than before, do the same next feed and up the rhizzo to full strength now as they are taking on food.. i understand why your worried and concerned but i just honestly wouldnt worry about it to much, them readings are much better than before, yes the ph is still dropping from what is going in the top.. however it is still in the range we are looking for where nutrients are available for uptake....

i personally think that keeping the EC at 0.4 and 6.0 for the next feed would be the best move again, just up the rhizzo and make up the rest with a and b and away you go...

the last bit will more than likely be what has just gone in the top.... what we are looking for is what is left out of the last feed buddy, so the first bit that comes out is what is important...

and you crack on and take the shitty leaves of mate, they only get in the way when feeding anyway lol

TBH i think you are worrying to much about the ph falling, if it was falling very hard i would be worried but i think its just where they were not feeding at first, now we have the EC dropping things will start to go in the right direction..... we just have to ride it out mate ;)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
19-01-14, 09:57 PM
ok bud, i will try not to worry too much, but they are still the same, one of the AKs has nose dived to 4.2Ph ( didnt believe the tester, so emptied the runoff out and tried again but same reading)
Anyway, on the good news front ive managed to get the fans sorted so the lamps have been upped to the 600watters, giving 1200 between them, and the temps are up to 28 ish, which i know is a bit high, but i will see how they go. RH is still hovering around 40%.

i fucked up a bit cos i mixed everything up, and realised id only gone 1ml of rhizo. I added another ml per litre, which cranked the EC figure up to 0.5.

So goin in we have 0.5 EC, 240PPM and PH 6.0

Coming out we have;
AK1 PH 4.2 (not a typo) , 193ppm or 0.4 EC
AK2 PH 5.4 , 182 PPm or 0.35 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 176 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 174 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 164 PPM or 0.3 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 161 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.5, 156 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 187 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 203 PPM or 0.4 EC

They are all looking ok. they are still feeding and the PH is still dropping.

DO we go with the same feed next time or ..........?

I tied most of them down with a gentle session of LST, couldnt believe how flexible the stems were compared to soil grows.
So far i have just tied over the main stem, but more bondage will be carried out in a day or two.
i will post some pics next feed, and you can let me know what u think bud.

all the best Billy

ironjustice
19-01-14, 10:08 PM
Billy Im out at the moment but will reply when I am back... Wtf with ak1? That's done my nut in, that's quite a drop!

Will reply soon bud

IJ

stealthgrow
19-01-14, 11:04 PM
IJ - "the Mobile Mentor" :headbang: you need a new SIG mate :):):)

ironjustice
20-01-14, 12:19 AM
lol im about as mobile as a block of flats mate.. pmsl.... think he caught me on the one day in the week i go out lol but jars were empty so just went and picked up some iced grapefruit :bigjoint:

ironjustice
20-01-14, 12:34 AM
ok bud, i will try not to worry too much, but they are still the same, one of the AKs has nose dived to 4.2Ph ( didnt believe the tester, so emptied the runoff out and tried again but same reading)
Anyway, on the good news front ive managed to get the fans sorted so the lamps have been upped to the 600watters, giving 1200 between them, and the temps are up to 28 ish, which i know is a bit high, but i will see how they go. RH is still hovering around 40%.

i fucked up a bit cos i mixed everything up, and realised id only gone 1ml of rhizo. I added another ml per litre, which cranked the EC figure up to 0.5.

So goin in we have 0.5 EC, 240PPM and PH 6.0

Coming out we have;
AK1 PH 4.2 (not a typo) , 193ppm or 0.4 EC
AK2 PH 5.4 , 182 PPm or 0.35 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 176 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 174 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 164 PPM or 0.3 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 161 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.5, 156 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 187 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 203 PPM or 0.4 EC

They are all looking ok. they are still feeding and the PH is still dropping.

DO we go with the same feed next time or ..........?

I tied most of them down with a gentle session of LST, couldnt believe how flexible the stems were compared to soil grows.
So far i have just tied over the main stem, but more bondage will be carried out in a day or two.
i will post some pics next feed, and you can let me know what u think bud.

all the best Billy

Right mate im back now.. lol

right so we now have all going in the right direction bar ak1.... ec is dropping and ph is getting closer to where it should be... i would isolate the ak1 do a flush with just a and b as before and get it back nearer to were we need it to be mate... we need to make sure that the medium is in range and that all macro and micro nutrients are available to the plants at this age... dont worry mate we are getting there, i cant help but think this is something to do with the coco... i have never had this happen to me in canna, plagron, plant magic, or the rhizzo blocks you can get... but who knows.. im trying out some cheap 'crop circle' coco blocks now and they have an ec of 0.7 and a ph of 7.2 or something silly lol

do me a favor and get some more pics of the AK...

and yeah keep the feed the same, 2ml perl of rhiz and the rest made up of a and b up to 0.5... keep the ph at 6.0 for now as well...

all the best dude.. IJ

bigbadbillybob
20-01-14, 10:08 PM
same old same old again tonight mate.

Going in was 6.1 PH and 215PPM (0.4 EC)

Ak has perked up, i ran 2 litres through her and got 5.8 and 178PPM
Ran another 2 litres through and ggot 5.8 and 212, so left her at that.
Here she is
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_31.JPG
picture taken not long after lights on
Another close up
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_33.JPG

picked another at random, the second Ak as it goes, heres a pic of her
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_21.JPG

As you can see they look a bit light in colour, but they are feeding ok
heres the lowdown on the runoffs tonight bud.

Going in 6.1PH and 215PPM (0.4)
AK1 PH 5.8 , 212ppm or 0.4 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 186 PPm or 0.4 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 186 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 182 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 167 PPM or 0.35 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 164 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.4, 169 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.7, 195 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 191 PPM or 0.4 EC

let me know if you want me to change anything bud..

the rest of the plants are looking pretty much the same as the AKs, health wise,

will LST them again later this week.

bigbadbillybob
21-01-14, 09:46 PM
yoo hoo, im baaaaack.

Gave em another feed tonight, same as last night, 2ml rhizo, and A abd B to make it up to 212PPM and 6.1PH
Run offs are as follows;

AK1 PH 5.9 , 166ppm or 0.3 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 , 171 PPm or 0.35 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 176 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 175 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 171 PPM or 0.35 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 156 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.8, 179 ppm or 0.35 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 193 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 198 PPM or 0.4 EC

So they are picking up a bit, Ph's are going up slowly, and they are still feeding.
Was thinking of upping the feed next time, with 2 ml litre rhizo and A and B up to 0.5 or 0.6.
What do you think mate?
Yea or nae
Cheers man

craiggytaz
21-01-14, 10:10 PM
Subbed up mate, looking good to me, was thinking about coco but as its first grow decided id be better off with soil as you know. Keep up the good work and you can mentor me on coco next :-p

ironjustice
22-01-14, 12:14 AM
yoo hoo, im baaaaack.

Gave em another feed tonight, same as last night, 2ml rhizo, and A abd B to make it up to 212PPM and 6.1PH
Run offs are as follows;

AK1 PH 5.9 , 166ppm or 0.3 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 , 171 PPm or 0.35 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 176 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 175 PPM, 0.35 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 171 PPM or 0.35 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 156 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.8, 179 ppm or 0.35 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 193 PPM or 0.4 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 198 PPM or 0.4 EC

So they are picking up a bit, Ph's are going up slowly, and they are still feeding.
Was thinking of upping the feed next time, with 2 ml litre rhizo and A and B up to 0.5 or 0.6.
What do you think mate?
Yea or nae
Cheers man

Hello Bill mate...

Sorry i haven't posted, my heads been up my arse the last couple of days lol

well looks like we are going in the right direction now.. plants could look better, but they don't look to bad ether ;) but they have had a shaky start and not allot of feed as something has been dropping the ph and locking them out so hardly anything has been available to them... but now we are getting back in range it should be all good... what i want you to is what you suggested, keep the rhizzo the same at 2ml per l and up the feed to 0.6 and hit them with that.. and see where we are tomorrow.. keep the ph high like you have been but dont go any higher than 6.1 as they seem to be sorting it out now and getting a scran on.. thank fuck lol

so yep, 2ml per l rihizo and make up to 0.6 with a and b.... bang on mate.

here is something i have been pondering on... rhizzo raises your ph quite allot... so could have been the ak caning the rhizzo and that was making your ph drop in the runoffs... just a thought, might be wrong though lol

hope your well pal?

IJ

bigbadbillybob
22-01-14, 10:33 PM
Quite possible mate, quite possible.

Do you want me to do a one off feed with higher rhizo in it, to test the theory?

I performed more bondage on the bitches last night, just pegged down the side shoots, for now, will tie them into the side of the pots when they gat a bit bigger.
they have bounced back already, with the light now getting to more budsites.

I fed them tonight,.........aw shite............,i just realised i only gave them 1 ml/litre of rhizo, oh bollox. ill up it tomorrow mate, sorry.
Note to self: do not skin up before mixing nutes eh? oh well,.

Anyway gave them 1 ml litre rhizo, and made up the rest to 299PPm (0.6EC) with A and B.
They are definitely feeding now bud, but Ph is still dropping.
Heres the scores George doors:

Going in at 299ppm (0.6 EC ) and PH 6.0

Coming out was

AK1 PH 5.8 , 231ppm or 0.45 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 228 PPm or 0.45 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 196 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 214 PPM, 0.4 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 197 PPM or 0.4 EC

AN1 Ph 5.5 , 188 ppm or 0.4 EC
An2 PH 5.8, 224 ppm or 0.45 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 228PPM or 0.45 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 223PPM or 0.45 EC

Let me know if you want me to up the rhizo.

I take it we keep the EC at 0.6 for now mate, yeah?

Dont worry about not being on every day bud, i dont expect you to be, we all have lives outside this place.

Billy

bigbadbillybob
23-01-14, 07:23 PM
Hi bud, I was gonna give them a foliar spray with the bio silicone at the rate of 1ml per litre., once every couple of weeks
i know it raises the PH in feed mixes which is why i wanted to spray.
On the basis that it will improve the plants structure, and resistance to pathogens etc.
It also increases the nitrogen uptake of the plants which in turn will promote healthy growth in the vegetative state
Wocha reckon? good idea or bad?

ironjustice
23-01-14, 07:47 PM
Hello billy mate... nah dont bother testing it, was just my usual over thinking things lmfao..... but i think thats right, the way to test it would be to see how much it the rhizzo raises your ph by, as what would happen is you ad h down to counter it.. of the plant scrans the rhiz and the same amount of ph down is still in the moisture then its going to shoot down... thats my theory, but i wouldnt think about it to hard lol

anyway them readings are getting better and better, up the feed to 2ml perl of rhiz for next feed and ec up to 0.7 and keep EC the same at 6.0.. we are 10000000000% heading in the right direction now my man...

as with the silicon, never used it as a foliar spray only in with feed... its your call buddy, i will have a quick read but i think its a good additive to have anyway.. its one of the reasons i went for the advanced nutes ph perfect range so i wouldn't have to use hardly any ph down... so its up to you mate, but if it can be foliar fed then crack on mate thats what i say...

nice one mate, well happy seeing yesterdays readings :)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
23-01-14, 10:04 PM
aright matey, we have fed them again tonight,. I got a bit carried away!
Mixed them up to 360PPm which was fine, then added too much PH down, so i tried raising the Ph with budlink i added about 5 ml to 20 litres of water.

It went to 5.9, but the feed went to 280PPM.

I didnt want to use more Ph up, so left them at that going in.

We have 5.9PH and 380PPM or (0.75EC), going in .

I thought the EC might a bit high maybe, but they seemed to lap it up

Coming out was;

AK1 PH 5.7 , 246ppm or 0.5 EC
AK2 PH 5.5 , 275 PPm or 0.55 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 252 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 248 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD3 Ph 5.6, 252 PPM or 0.5 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 222 ppm or 0.45 EC
An2 PH 5.9, 251 ppm or 0.5 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 262PPM or 0.5 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 250PPM or 0.5 EC

So they are defiinitely feeding, and the PH isnt too far out....man!

Heres some progress fotos.

AK2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_32.JPG

Royal dwarf 3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_34.JPG

and Anubis 3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_34.JPG

As you can see the LST is working a treat, and the little bud sites are catching up with the main stem one.

ironjustice
23-01-14, 10:53 PM
yep looks like they are starting to go for it now then mate.. lol

right.. for future refference the best thing to use for ph up is water from your tap lol you then just add back in the right amount of rhiz for how much water you added and readjust ph and away you go.. thats what i do anyway, not that i ever make mistakes such as that.... LOL

but happy days mate, everything is going in the right direction now... plants are looking much better, and the readings are getting better all the time..

right what day are we on here? and how many have shown sex etc..?

lst looks a good job to bud :)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
23-01-14, 11:31 PM
Hiya bud,
Yeah, they are definitely growing now, i have moved the LST cables a node in just 3 days, so they are getting it on now.

They are on day 23.
And all of them have shown sex. (all girls, thankfully) Just little pistils, but they are there.

Do i punt them up to 0.8 or another feed at 0. 7 EC

I take it that we stick with 2 ml/lite of rhizo and the rest A and B.

I take it i keep the Ph at 6.0 too

What about some cannzym? is it time to start adding that to the mix?
Let me know what you think mate.
Cheers.

Your think differents cant have long to go now?

craiggytaz
23-01-14, 11:35 PM
Good stuff mate all girlies, happy days! 👍

ironjustice
24-01-14, 01:51 AM
Hiya bud,
Yeah, they are definitely growing now, i have moved the LST cables a node in just 3 days, so they are getting it on now.

They are on day 23.
And all of them have shown sex. (all girls, thankfully) Just little pistils, but they are there.

Do i punt them up to 0.8 or another feed at 0. 7 EC

I take it that we stick with 2 ml/lite of rhizo and the rest A and B.

I take it i keep the Ph at 6.0 too

What about some cannzym? is it time to start adding that to the mix?
Cheers.

Your think differents cant have long to go now?

nice one mate, all girls and we sounds like they ar getting their preflower stretch on.. nice!

yep keep the feed the same, see what it says tomorrow if its lower again then up it to 0.8 the next day, we want to see it move down two days running before upping the feed just to be sure mate.. unless you like flushing? lol :p

yeah keep ph the same...

and you can start adding some cannazym now as well if you want....your call on that one but it cant do any harm...

and that think different is an animal mate, shes 9 and a half weeks and still got a way to go on her.. shes a big bugger though so i am expecting her to go 14 weeks at least.. lol

Cheers bud!

talentsleeping
24-01-14, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to say that this grow is looking great. A wealth of information as well. I'm doing an identical grow, so will be following this one till the end.
Hope it all works out great for you two.

bigbadbillybob
24-01-14, 11:04 PM
hiy mate and welcome to the party.
I fed them again tonight mate added cannazym at 1ml per litre, so we will see how that goes and up it to the normal rate when they start shooting out pistils
Didnt bother spraying them with silicone yet, cos its up the loft, and im a lazy twat!

Anyway the scores on the doors tonight are looking to be going in the right direction.

We have going in 6.0PH and 376 PPM or about 0.75 EC

Gave them 2 litres each, with plenty of runoff.
AK1 PH 5.8 , 272 ppm or 0.5 EC
AK2 PH 5.7 , 292 PPm or 0.6 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 245 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 264 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 276 PPM or 0.5 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 251 ppm or 0.5 EC
An2 PH 5.9, 242 ppm or 0.5 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 283PPM or 0.6 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 265PPM or 0.5 EC

Comin out is better than the last few feeds, with the Ph not dropping off so much, and they are feeding well too, so its looking better tonight
I wil keep it the same tomorrow, then up it on Sunday to 0.8 EC if thats ok (its just that i have 20 litres mixed up, and i will be strugling for time tomorrow night)
Will keep the rhizo at 2ml per litre and the cannazym at 1ml per litre till pistils start shooting.,

We have turned the corner mate i think, PH wise. I know it should be going up, but if we keep it like this im sure it will eventually. (probably last week of flower ha ha)

I got a feeling in me bones that they are gonna explode with growth soon.

take it easy mate and have a good weeekend.
Peace,
Billy

ironjustice
25-01-14, 01:19 AM
Alright Dude?

right i have one thing to say... mon the fucking coco!!!!! thats what i am talking about mate, we have defo turned the corner and they are feeding hard.. keep the feed at what your giving them for the next feed and then up it mate, this is going exactly as i thought it would we are in range ph wise so all is good, i reckon within a week or so we will be getting slightly higher ph readings in the runoff...

and yep me too mate, just wait till these babies take of you will be astonished at the growth rate in coco and with autos its even faster... i have been growing a big buddha chiesel auto and for the first 4-5 weeks it did not much, now its going into full flower its fucking exploding with growth everywhere.. i went and lst'd it earlier so it was flat and after its dark time went in and all tips are pointing back up :) hoping for a decent haul of this one as well as the monster that is the TD lol the chiesel is in a 15l pot the same as the TD but the led is only half the power so we will see what the difference is yield wise.... gonna go feed her in a sec and going to give her her first bit of big bud at a week strength as she is going into proper flower now...

anyway enough of my jabbering.. lol your doing really well with this one mate, not trying to blow smoke up your ass but allot of people would have lost patience with all te flushing and messing about but you have persivered and the plants are on the up and up now so top job matey!

have a good weekend yourself bud... don't do anything i wouldn't do lol

IJ

craiggytaz
25-01-14, 05:45 AM
Jmibv nnv vhivm. Vmvmn njhvb. N nn. HM. H m. Vm. Nn. Mv. Nvn h;n. Nvn nv n novnv. Nm. Njnn mv. N. Nn. Nv. M hvv. V vbv. V n. N nmn nv n. Vnm nvmnh vmnnmvm n vm. Vnmv mv nnn m. Nnhn njm i dmn h nv d nnmninmnn. Nnnn nm v vnnn. V immh nv n. N mnnh m n nn. Vn n nn j in n nmn m. Vn. N n innn m m. I nhmnnh i. N n nbvnnnhh v. Inmn. innivnm. N nninmn. Mn nn mnnni ji n. N nni. ?m ivnn. Nni nn. Hn mnmnnn nn. Ninnk vnjnh i. M nnhmn nnn n. In nh. M. Nin. Nn. N. NVimnnnvnnnn. Vnn mnnm n. In mn nn (( on n; nj man next. Man ME. X. Nn. N. Nn v. Nn m nnnnn nnnnnnnnnnn nnn. NV NM now. just. Very. No man my heart. No. NM. My mom no. No men nn n nnnnnnn. N n nn n nn n nh n n n nn;mnnnnnmnn. No makes me number. MN now number nnnnm. No. Nnnnm not mine now nnnnm man needs. No nnnnm. Nnnnnjnn ( my. No need. My. My NV my. Nnnnm nnnnm. MN. No. No. Oi innn. N n. Nnn noannnnnj. J. O hin nn nnni. N. Nnn nnn ! Nnnnv. Nnnnn n nnv n. Mnnnnn. N. Nnn v. Nn nn. Nnnnn. nnnnnnnn. Nd. Mnnhni. Nnn. A in nn. Innnn. N. Nj Nnnnm not mine. Nxnvnn not nnnnm not need nnnnm not NV NM now. Nnnnmnnn. Nn n. N n. Nvcnn. My newnann nnnnm nnnnm. No. N nnnnn nn ibnnnnmnnnm. Ne. Ij v. M. N. Inn ,Nnn n. N. Nnnnnnnnn'n n nion nnnnnmn vnn n n. Nmnn

craiggytaz
25-01-14, 05:45 AM
Oi. J nn n n. Nn. in nn nnn. N h. Nn n. Nn in. Vnnnnnnn n annnnn q n n. N. Onnn v. Vv. N nnvvnn nnnnn nnvv NBCn n. N. C

ironjustice
25-01-14, 05:53 AM
mate i want some of what you are smoking lol

WTF?? :laugh:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
25-01-14, 09:54 AM
someone has fallen asleep with thier fone in thier pocket ha ha

craiggytaz
25-01-14, 11:25 AM
Shit sorry billy thats exactly what happened mate 😱

stealthgrow
25-01-14, 06:07 PM
Jmibv nnv vhivm. Vmvmn njhvb. N nn. HM. H m. Vm. Nn. Mv. Nvn h;n. Nvn nv n novnv. Nm. Njnn mv. N. Nn. Nv. M hvv. V vbv. V n. N nmn nv n. Vnm nvmnh vmnnmvm n vm. Vnmv mv nnn m. Nnhn njm i dmn h nv d nnmninmnn. Nnnn nm v vnnn. V immh nv n. N mnnh m n nn. Vn n nn j in n nmn m. Vn. N n innn m m. I nhmnnh i. N n nbvnnnhh v. Inmn. innivnm. N nninmn. Mn nn mnnni ji n. N nni. ?m ivnn. Nni nn. Hn mnmnnn nn. Ninnk vnjnh i. M nnhmn nnn n. In nh. M. Nin. Nn. N. NVimnnnvnnnn. Vnn mnnm n. In mn nn (( on n; nj man next. Man ME. X. Nn. N. Nn v. Nn m nnnnn nnnnnnnnnnn nnn. NV NM now. just. Very. No man my heart. No. NM. My mom no. No men nn n nnnnnnn. N n nn n nn n nh n n n nn;mnnnnnmnn. No makes me number. MN now number nnnnm. No. Nnnnm not mine now nnnnm man needs. No nnnnm. Nnnnnjnn ( my. No need. My. My NV my. Nnnnm nnnnm. MN. No. No. Oi innn. N n. Nnn noannnnnj. J. O hin nn nnni. N. Nnn nnn ! Nnnnv. Nnnnn n nnv n. Mnnnnn. N. Nnn v. Nn nn. Nnnnn. nnnnnnnn. Nd. Mnnhni. Nnn. A in nn. Innnn. N. Nj Nnnnm not mine. Nxnvnn not nnnnm not need nnnnm not NV NM now. Nnnnmnnn. Nn n. N n. Nvcnn. My newnann nnnnm nnnnm. No. N nnnnn nn ibnnnnmnnnm. Ne. Ij v. M. N. Inn ,Nnn n. N. Nnnnnnnnn'n n nion nnnnnmn vnn n n. Nmnn

I thought the same myself lmfao

bigbadbillybob
25-01-14, 11:51 PM
hi IJ mate, im back with the latest ph and ec figures.
You must be getting as bored reading them as i am getting posting them ha ha.
Anyway i kept the feed the same as last night, and the results are fairly similar.

We have going in 6.0 and 377ppm or 075EC

Coming out are

Ak1 PH 5.8, 280ppm or 0.3 EC
Ak2 PH 5.6, 302ppm or 0.6 EC

RD 1 PH 5.8, 258ppm or 0.5 EC
RD 2 PH 5.8 301 ppm or 0.6 EC
RD 3 PH 5.9 334ppm or 0.5 EC

AN1 PH 5.7 295ppm or 0.6 EC
An 2 PH 5.8 289ppm or 0.6 EC
AN 3 PH 5.9 323ppm or 0.65 EC
An 4 PH 6.0 288ppm 0r 0.6 EC

I wias gonna up the feed to 0.8 EC next time, with 1 ml/litr cannazym and 2 ml/litre rhizo and the rest in A and B.

You happy with this?

one of the dwarfs has white stems with a red lines through them RD3, but seems healthy enough, if a bit hungry.
Ill keep an eye on it afteri have upped the feed and play it by ear.

cheres dude

ironjustice
26-01-14, 01:57 AM
hows tricks billy? all good here bud...

readings are bang on, ak1 is a hungry fucker aint she? lol next feed bumb it up to 0.9 mate... and as you said 2ml per l of rhizzo one ml per l of zym...

and of course im not getting bored of it mate, its what growing in coco/hydro is all about mate, readings readings and more readings..

some pics would be nice to brighten up the place dude.. looking a bit sparse in here :laugh:

as for the stems... meh, might be a little stressed from the lst or some other random shit... so i wouldnt worry to much ;)

nice one mate... im kinda in the same boat as you were in the beginning with my TD at the moment, she spat some nutes back at me so i have had to drop right back on everything until she started feeding again.. ph had dropped and the runoff readings were rising, but now shes back feeding again tidy and ph is going back up... shes still growing like fuck but if i hadn't of been on top of the readings it could have fucked me up all together... this is the importance of having meters and checking readings, they can tell you shit is gonna happen before it does if your on the ball with it.... which you are, so your doing a top job imo mate! even if your not a keen photographer lmfao!!!

Word... IJ

bigbadbillybob
26-01-14, 10:21 PM
Photos you say? photos, ill give you photos.
Here they are today,
Ak 2 to kick off with, looking good, LSt has kicked in and shes turning bush like

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_32.JPG

Anubis 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_20.JPG

next up is the royal dwarf, the one that had dodgy coloured stems, they seem a lot better today
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_22.JPG

Fro left there are 4 anubis and a rdwarf
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/010_Small_17.JPG

And an anubis 4
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/008_Small_22.JPG

Aks on right royal dwarf on left
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_20.JPG

And a view to the tent
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/011_Small_15.JPG

there that should keep me from having to post fotos for a while lol.

bigbadbillybob
26-01-14, 10:35 PM
feed wise we have the following tonight,
For 40 litres i gave them 80 ml litre of rhizo,40ml litre of cannazym
15ml of budlink and the rest of A and B,

This gave us a figure of 485ppm or just under 1.0EC, oh and i dropped the PH down to 5.9

Coming out was

Ak1 PH 5.7, 380 ppm or 0.75 EC
Ak2 PH 5.7, 416 ppm or 0.8 EC

RD 1 PH 5.8, 322 ppm or 065 EC
RD 2 PH 5.8 347 ppm or 0.7 EC
RD 3 PH 6.1 401ppm or 0.8 EC hooray, Ph rising

AN1 PH 5.8, 347 ppm or 0.7 EC
An 2 PH 5.8 336 ppm or 0.7 EC
AN 3 PH 5.8 377 ppm or 0.8 EC
An 4 PH 5.9 349 ppm 0r 0.7 EC

they are feeding well. I wil keep it the same for the next feed and see how they go mate, unless you want me to change anything.

Oh temperatures are a bit high this weekend, averaging about 28-29, but cant be helped, so i will grin and bear it meantime. If they continue upwards, im gonna put one of the lights down to 400W

ironjustice
26-01-14, 10:54 PM
mate they are looking sweet as.. the ak's are allot bigger than the rest eh?

and yep mate that is bang on, its good they are getting the scran down them and ph is coming more and more into the sweet spot every time, so we are on a winning battle here mate and we have the old ph issue against the ropes i think!!!

and yep keep it as it is next feed, see what the runoffs are.... then if they are still low then up she goes again, 1.1-1.2 and we will keep them there until full on flower kicks and she goes on that mad stretch..

and 29-29 are ok mate... just make sure plenty of air is moving around and they will be fine buddy... my temps have been up by a couple of c this weekend and the general temps in the house have risen so its just one of them things bud...

and cheers for the pics mate, its better no i can put some faces to the readings like lmfoa...

hope you had a good weekend mate...

IJ

talentsleeping
27-01-14, 08:14 PM
Hey you two. This grow is looking fucking amazing. As I mentioned earlier I'm doing a very similar grow and just had a quick question. Hope that isn't too rude of me, but I'd rather get advice on an obviously work technique instead of something different.

When you mixed your first batch of 40l mutes. Did you put in 0.5ml/litre rhizo or was it 5ml/litre? And same question on the A+B? Just wanted to make sure I'm not going insanely low on the rhizo.

Cheers

bigbadbillybob
27-01-14, 08:31 PM
i started at 0.5ml per litre fed them that for a week or so, then changed to1ml litre for another few days, then 2ml per litre.
I would have kept it at 2 but had a few issues, which meant i had to flush them etc.
They are still at 2ml per litre now, day 30 ish.

5ml per litre is too much mate, the recommendation full dose id 2ml per litre, but start them at 1/4 or half strength.
It depends how far on the plants are,to be honest.

I was mixing up 40 litres at a time and first mixing in the rhizo, then making the ec up to whatever was required with equal amounts of A and B., just putting in 5 ml of each at a time till i got the ec i needed. Then after this was all mixed up, checked the PH and added PH down,cos mine was sitting at 7.1PH.

Hope that makes sense man.

talentsleeping
27-01-14, 08:51 PM
You are a fucking diamond. Thanks for that. Sorry for the cheekiness of asking in your grow, but just loving the progress.

bigbadbillybob
27-01-14, 10:06 PM
not a problem mate, happy to help.
Tonights figures are pretty much the same as last nights, buddy, but ill post them anyways.

Going in was 5.9 PH and 506 ppm or 1.0 EC

Ak1 PH 5.7, 332 ppm or 0.7 EC
Ak2 PH 5.7, 371 ppm or 0.75 EC

RD 1 PH 5.7, 346 ppm or 0.7 EC
RD 2 PH 5.8 384 ppm or 0.8 EC
RD 3 PH 6.0 437 ppm or 0.9 EC hooray, Ph rising again

AN1 PH 5.8, 401 ppm or 0.8 EC
An 2 PH 5.7 351 ppm or 0.7 EC
AN 3 PH 5.8 405 ppm or 0.8 EC
An 4 PH 5.9 401 ppm 0r 0.8 EC

I was gonna up the feed to 1.2 EC and see how they like that mate, and drop the Ph down to 5.8PH, as they seem to be only dropping by 0.2 PH this feed.

Was planning keeping rhiz at 2ml litre, budlink at 1ml litre, and cannazym at 1ml/ litre till they start going for it, flower wise, and make the rest up with A and B.

temperature wise its a bit high , with average of 28, maximum was 31.5 and minimum was 15.2, which is too low, and might well explain the red stems that they were showing a couple of days ago.. I have 2 of the 3 fans off during lights out, to try and keep the temps up a bit, but i reckon im either gonna have to put on the heating in the house, or get the oil filled rad into the tent to get the lights out temps up.

relative humidity was about 40 averae, 52 highest and 25 lowest %age wise.

I have a question for you too, hopefully you can advise. If i got a 4 way contactor, do i put the timer on the main plug that goes into the socket,. (i hope this is the way).
And can i run 2 600 W lights and 2 fans off the same contactor.
My ballasts are digital/ dimmable if it makes any odds to the power surge. I read somewhere that they do not take as big a start up surge.

Cheers ma man
All the best Billy

If you think i need to change anything please just let me know mate.

ironjustice
27-01-14, 10:56 PM
yeah crack on mate, stick it up to 1.2 and see what they think of that... readings are ok, we are still in a comfortable range so i would say its a safe bet...

with the temps im more concerned with the 15 low rather than the high point mate... i have noticed growth halting below 16c ambient temp and its a fucker, so yep you best get the heating on you tight old fart.... :p

and the contactor will have two plugs on it mate, one will say timer on it and the other will say mains... thats the way the ones i have used are anyway, so they are pretty fool proof (good thing in my case) lol i just use a plug and grow timer for each light as i have a fair few knocking about lol

and no nothing needs changing just yet, apart from upping the feed again as they seem to be getting stuck in now..

all the best mate

IJ

bigbadbillybob
28-01-14, 09:59 PM
right o bud, i will keep an eye on the low temps for a day or two and see if it was just a one off.
Hate putting the heating on (have you seen the price of heating oil), and im Scottish too. ha ha.

Anyway i gave them a feed at 552 ppm 1.1 EC and dropped the Ph down to 5.8 PH.
I am going to feed them this again tomorrow, then up it to 1.3 EC i reckon they will take it cap'n. what do you think?

Going in was 5.8PH and 550ppm (1.1 EC)

Ak1 PH 5.7, 450 ppm or 0.9 EC
Ak2 PH 5.6, 442 ppm or 0.9 EC

RD 1 PH 5.8, 394 ppm or 0.8 EC
RD 2 PH 5.8 394 ppm or 0.8 EC
RD 3 PH 5.8 471 ppm or 0.9 EC

AN1 PH 5.9, 425 ppm or 0.85 EC rising PH at last
An 2 PH 5.8 374ppm or 0.75 EC, hungry girl.
AN 3 PH 5.8 451 ppm or 0.9 EC
An 4 PH 5.9 446 ppm 0r 0.9 EC rising PH at last

So at last it looks like the ph has sorted itself out, and hopefully wil start to rise again, as they feed.
the EC is dropping too, so they are drinking well too.

Hopefully it will start to stabilise, and they will start gettiing it on.

The LST has done the job too, and there are lots of little bud sites showing. ..........bring it on!!

ironjustice
29-01-14, 03:58 AM
yeah mate im on oil down here in the welsh hills... i got a rayburn in this new gaff and lit it for about a week and it drank some fucking oil i can tell ya! my mate had the jets changed in his boiler and runs his on red diesel he nicks from work ;)

and yep 1.3 for the next feed, keep ph now at 5.8 and we are on the home run i reckon mate, and we have finally got that ph monkey of our backs.. thank fuck for that! lol

glad the lst is worked out well mate... they will go mental before long and all this messing about at the beginning will be a distant memory :laugh:

now bring on the buds!!!! :harvest:

bigbadbillybob
29-01-14, 10:19 PM
Pubes ahoy, pubes spotted on the starboard bow

The are shooting pistils now bud, as you can see here

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_29.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_35.JPG

i upped the feed tonight and gave them a batch at 5.8PH and 638 PPm or 1.3 EC

Coming out they were like this
Ak1 PH 5.8, 576 ppm or 1.1 EC
Ak2 PH 5.7, 577 ppm or 1.1EC

RD 1 PH 5.9, 474 ppm or 1.0EC
RD 2 PH 5.8 424 ppm or 0.8 EC
RD 3 PH 5.9 487 ppm or 1.0 EC

AN1 PH 5.9, 482 ppm or 1.0 EC
An 2 PH 5.8 461 ppm or 0.9 EC,
AN 3 PH 5.8 532 ppm or 1.0 EC
An 4 PH 5.9 514 ppm 0r 1.0 EC

So PH is stable or rising mostly, and they are feeding.

I was gonna keep them at 1.3 EC and 5.8 PH and see how it goes.
What about some PK, do i start adding it now at a low dosage or wait a while?
Ive no bloom nutes other than the pk.
All the best
Billy

bigbadbillybob
29-01-14, 11:23 PM
Hi Doctor, i have an embarrassing problem.

Err, Hmmm, this dont look right to me mate. I suspect that this one is deficient in something

This is Royal dwarf 3, and her leaves look dodgy to me, just noticed it tonight. Maybe zinc def?
Im guessin to be honest.
Have you got any idea what might be causing it?
The EC and Ph figures for it look ok, but they are definitely lighter in colour, with darker mids.
This is the one that showed red stems, which i thought might have been due to the temps being a bit low during lights out.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_33.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_33.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_35.JPG

bigbadbillybob
29-01-14, 11:32 PM
Nitrogen defficiency maybe?

ironjustice
30-01-14, 03:25 PM
looks more like a mag def, or the start of one to me mate.. might be wrong though? have you any epsom salts or calmag handy?

anyway, everything is looking spot on runoff wise, keep at the same today and if still dropping up to 1.4 EC... jobs a goodun!

with the pk we will start that a bit later once the buds are more formed.. no need to add anything else at the moment (apart from calmag or epsom if you have got it...) as its all going great imo.. and pk at this stage will do more harm than good!

rock on brother...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
30-01-14, 04:01 PM
i have got epsoms, will add to tonights menu. lol
Will i just give them all a taster? or the one plant affected?
Oh and any idea what ratio to go with?
Cheers

bigbadbillybob
30-01-14, 04:26 PM
just found an old post saying to give her epsoms at 1 teaspoon per litre, foliar spray 2 times a day, for 3-4 days, lights off, so i will give it a blast at that, and maybe add 1 tsp per litre for the feed just for the one plant.
Does that sound ok mate?

Just recalibrated my ph pen. Its reading 7.2 in PH 7 solution. Oh bollox.
Fuck knows how long its been like that. I calibrated at the start of the grow, and suspect im gonna have to calibrate every week or so now. Cheap shite, im getting an essentials after this grow.

Going by this pH reading high, and the nutrient take up charts, it would not have been getting Mg or P. Should i up the PH for the next feed to 6.1?

Let me know mate, cheers

ironjustice
30-01-14, 06:42 PM
yeah give them that in a foliar feed as you say, that will start to work quicker than through the feed... then add a level desert spoon per 5l to the feed once a week that should do you proud mate...

with the ph don't worry, just keep doing what you are doing... keep the PH to 5.8 and see what it does next couple of feeds and go from there, im betting the foliar feed + the weekly dose will sort it though.... cos of the foliar it doesnt matter even if its locked out as its not taking it through the roots, so i think we will be good mate dont worry :)

and yeah you cant beat an essentials ph pen mate... great bit of kit imo.

IJ

bigbadbillybob
30-01-14, 11:24 PM
Hi bud, i went and fed them again tonight,
To 40 litres i put in about 90ml rhizo (to finish the bottle off, dont worry i got another one), then 40ml of budlink, them 40ml of cannazym, and 40ml each of A and B, which brought it up to 1.8EC, woops, so i split the mix in two, and added tap water till i got the feed the 650PPm 1.3 EC. Also put in 8 tablespoons of epsoms , Pre diissolved in boiling water to the mix.
A hearty concoction thought
A dollop of PH down and we are good to go.

So going in 5.8 PH and 648PPM or 1.3 EC

Coming out we have the following:

AK1 PH 5.5 , 645 ppm or 1. 3EC
AK2 PH 5.4 , 634 PPm or 1.3 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 587 PPM, 1.2 EC
RD2 PH 5.5, 526 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 5.5, 602 PPM or 1.2 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 561 ppm or 1.1 EC
An2 PH 5.4, 563 ppm or 1.1 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 617 PPM or 1.2 EC
An4 PH 5.6, 622 PPM or 1.2 EC

So Ph is on the drop again.
And the feed is pretty much the same coming out as going in, although they are taking some of it up.

I calibrated my Ph pen after this feed and it was down to 6.9 in 7.0 calibration fluid, So im gonna have to check it every feed to see it is in range.
I was gonna keep it at this feed level for a couple of feeds, but think maybe i should up the PH to 5.9?
What do you reckon bud, i dont want to lock them out, if the Ph goes too low.
Cheers
Billum

ironjustice
31-01-14, 01:10 AM
Hi mate..

that sounds like one of my magical witches potions.. but of this, dash of that.. two frogs eyes and a bats wing etc etc... lol

now as for the readings... they are fine mate dont worry, just keep it as it is.. the reason ph looks like it has dropped is cos your ph pen was reading high before you calibrated it... so i would forget them readings from yesterday and just worry about todays, now.. seems we have found where they want to be for now, so i would keep it as it is... if you want you can put it in at 5.9 but i reckon your better off leaving it at 5.8 and 1.3 and seeing what happens tomorrow.. the way i look at readings is that they are telling you what your plant has taken on the last feed more than anything... so thats why i always say to wait for two feeds and see what the readings are before changing anything.. if that makes sense lol

honestly mate, i would do another one of these feeds.. your not going to lock them out dont worry bud.. trust me, im a doctor lol

that foliar feed will sort out the mag def, especially as foliar feeding it cos its uptaken regardless of ph levels... ph is only relevant if your feeding through the roots man :bigjoint:

so re cal that shit PH pen every time before you feed... until you can get a decent one... and go in with the same mix next feed and see what are readings are then.. how does that sound my man?

Word...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
31-01-14, 09:49 PM
Ok bud, you are my mentor so i will go with what you say, oh great, wise doctor lol.
Calibrated shitty pen but its stilll ok at 7Ph so thats nice.

Going in tonight was 5.8 Ph and 656PPM or 1.3 EC

Coming out

AK1 PH 5.6 , 725 ppm or 1. 4EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 676 PPm or 1.4 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 636 PPM, 1.3 EC
RD2 PH 57, 595 PPM, 1.2 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 684 PPM or 1.4 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 634 ppm or 1.3 EC
An2 PH 5.6,, 617 ppm or 1.2 EC
AN3 PH 5.7, 672 PPM or 1.4 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 652 PPM or 1.3EC

So basically Ph dropping a couple of points and Ec is either stable, or rising.

Do you want me to put the feed back down to 1.2 next time mate, or leave it as is?

the Aks are starting to go for it, and the anubis are not far behind, ill post some update fotos tomorrow night, just to create some sorta suspense!!

Peace mate.

ironjustice
31-01-14, 10:45 PM
right then buddy... this is why we always wait to feeds before raising the ec... cos the readings you got today tell you how much is left from what they had yesterdays feed.. so 1.3 is a tad to much for some, thats no biggie... but we need to drop back a bit.. 1.2 was a nice there and its a decent amount for any plant in veg anyway... but, what i want you to do is drop back to 1.0 and bring the ph up to 6.0 for two feeds first, then when EC is falling right across the board again we will start raising it up again...

this is good though as its shown you what i was talking about yesterday with waiting two days.. all part of the learning curve matey lol

looking forward to the pics mate :bigjoint:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
31-01-14, 11:36 PM
pic fest incoming....

First up is the anubis 4 . The numbers go from top right, bottom right top left bottom left they are Anubis 1-4

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_30.JPG

Next up, furthest away from the camera are the AKs, 1 and 2, and a RD2 in the foreground,

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_34.JPG

Next up, i forget, but am sure you get the picture
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_36.JPG

And last, some other pistols showing on Anubis 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_36.JPG

Will go with the feeds you recommended mate, and let you know how she goes.

To be honest they are all pretty short, compared to my last grow, in dirt, were at this stage, fook knows why. they are about the halfway stage now, at day 33, so i can only hope they stretch a bit now they are in flower.
It doesnt really matter like, but hopefully they will start going for it size wise
Heres one of my mud pluggers at the same stage time wise
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3830/medium/009_Small_12.JPG

Quite a difference. !!these coco bitches better pull the finger out

ironjustice
31-01-14, 11:47 PM
Looking nice mate.. have a check where you have tied them and make sure they are not cutting in etc.. i normally let the ties go around this point and then let them stretch untill vertical growth halts and then tie them back down again to get them nice and level...

anyway mate they are well on their way, what we will do is keep everything as it is with whats going in their feed until vertical growth stops, then we can stop with the rhiz and the zyme and start in with a quater strenght dose of pk 13/14 working our way up in strength on the pk until flush time... thats the plan anyway boss lol

and cool... if we would have rasied the feed to 1.5 yesterday then today the EC would have been much higher in the runoffs and the ph lower.. so would have been on our way to shit street real fast lol hope its all starting to make sense now.. anyway, i would stop worrying about the ph so much now because as long as we have got them feeding and looking good thats all we really need..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
01-02-14, 09:45 PM
ok mate, ive set them free...................... for now, and they are springing up towards the lights.

I mixed the nutes up yesterday, and hauled them up to ma tent,. They were sitting bang on 6.0 and 508ppm 1.0 EC yesterday.
Tonight, after a day aclimatising themselves to the room temperature they are up to 6.1PH and 563PPM or 1.1 EC
Unfortunately i discovered this after i tested the mix oing in, after i'd fed half of them, ..............doh!
Note to self, mix nutes into water in groom, to save fucking about with extra water etc, and check them directly before putting them into the plants.
i just left them at this, and will PH down the rest of the mix tomorrow, and add a bit more water to bring the feed down to 1.0 and the ph to 6

So after all this, we have
Going in 6.1 PH and 653PPM or 1.1EC

Coming out was
AK1 PH 5.6 , 710 ppm or 1. 4EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 643 PPm or 1.3 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 625 PPM, 1.25 EC
RD2 PH 57, 606 PPM, 1.2 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 705 PPM or 1.4 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 631 ppm or 1.3 EC
An2 PH 5.5,, 656 ppm or 1.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.6, 660 PPM or 1.4 EC
An4 PH 5.8, 631 PPM or 1.3EC

So the scores on the doors are virtually identical to last nights mate.

I will keep it at 1.0 and 6.0 Ph yes?

they are looking healthy enough, but the epsoms spray is taking its time working...., saying that its only day 2 of spraying.

Peace

ironjustice
02-02-14, 02:26 AM
lol your not the first and wont be the last to do that.. and i always notice a ph drift and slight change in EC after a day sitting mate.. im sure its more to do with the temperature than anything and slight evaporation...

Right readings aint to bad, as you say about the same as yesterday.. but as we went in lower we wont have added to that so over the next couple of feeds they will drop to 1.2 or lower across the board and then we can keep the feed at that for a bit and raise it bit by bit... 1.2 is a nice number for veg, and you don't really need much more than 1.6 ever in flower unless the plant looks hungry and growth is slow this is more than enough feed.. i have learnt this myself the hard way lol

and cool.. let them babies free and then when they stop stretching you can spread them about open the up and tie them down.... man, that sounds so wrong but right at the same time :p

and the one in mud in your last pics does look better.. imo, but once these flower the yield will piss all over them imo yield wise.. but we will see :) the thing is mate, these had a shaky start.. i personally think that the bennies in the coco caused the problem, not 100% but thats my theory... so we have been on a fighting issues since day one... and different strains look different at different stages... it aint over till its over baby!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmENMZFUU_0

lol

ATB IJ

bigbadbillybob
02-02-14, 11:46 PM
Hi mate, got them fed tonight at last, been stupoid busy all day.

Going in was 6.0 PH and 522PPm or 1.0 EC

Coming out was
AK1 PH 5.6 , 845 ppm or 1. 7 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 697 PPm or 1.4 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 624 PPM, 1.25 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 643 PPM, 1.3 EC
RD3 Ph 5.7, 685 PPM or 1.4 EC

AN1 Ph 5.4 , 664 ppm or 1.3 EC
An2 PH 5.5,, 662 ppm or 1.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 664 PPM or 1.3 EC
An4 PH 5.6, 595 PPM or 1.2EC

We got ph drop of between 0.3 to 0.6, and EC rising 0.2 to 0.7 EC.
What next bud.

Would i be right thinking its time to reduce the feed to say 0.8 EC and keep the Ph at 6.0?

The buds are also starting to get there, with ppom poms at each node. they just gotta join up now.
Ill post a pic, and you can let me know if its time for say 1/4 dose of PK?

first up is an AK

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_31.JPG

then 2 anubis
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_37.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_35.JPG

Let me know mate, cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9n_D7N0jKo

Fook knows what this guy is on. I suspect he hasnt had it for a while!!!

ironjustice
03-02-14, 12:18 AM
Fucking hell mate them readings on AK 1 are stupid high we need to get the EC's down pretty quick imo...

right here is the plan... yep you guessed it, time for a good old fashioned flushing... mix up a fuck load at about 0.6 ec or something low, then get a fuck load through everyone until its the same coming out the bottom... just a and b nothing else mate. the ph's are fine, so stick it in at 5.9-6.0 and lets get it through them... then next feed back to 1.0 with the normal mix of bits and bobs, no point wasting them flushing them... hopefully this should be it, we want to get them feeding again before putting any pk in or its just going to make things worse imo..

that plant looks fine though mate, and they look like they are coming on a treat.. lets just get this EC down and then we are on our way to budsville my man...

and yep fuck knows what that cunt is on.. :laugh:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
04-02-14, 12:45 AM
Right mate, im back, at last, spent hours flushing these bastards
160 litres to flush them, and another 30 to feed them
In my 40 litre cauldron i gave them 60ml cannazym, 80ml rhizo, 40 ml budlink, and the rest A and B, which ended up as ;

Going in we have 5.8 PH and 507 PPM or 1.0 EC in old money.

Coming out there is
AK1 PH 5.6 , 428 ppm or 0.85EC
AK2 PH 5.6 , 440 PPm or 0.9 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 420 PPM, 0.85 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 424 PPM, 0.85 EC
RD3 Ph 5.7, 423 PPM or 0.85 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 382 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.6,, 392 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.7, 367 PPM or 0.75 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 345 PPM or 0.7 EC

So going in the right direction i think.
Do we go another weak feed then mate, and up the Ph to 5.9, or am i talking bollox (again).

Cheers bud.

they looking a lot perkier after the flush, might be my imagination

ironjustice
04-02-14, 01:07 AM
Fucking sweet mate.. its a bastard of a job but it has to be done mate.. top man, fair play you are putting the effort in here and are bang on top of everything so im well happy with everything to be honest :mr:

as for the readings, just leave it as it is now ph 5.8 and EC 1.0 and then let them get back on the chow again an we will be laughing... you can put the ph up to 5.9 if you want mate, wont do any harm put it that way..

and your not imagining it mate, i bet they are looking better.. a mix of the foliar feed of epsoms and the flush will have done them the world of good mate honest to fuck!

Nice one mate.. IJ

bigbadbillybob
04-02-14, 10:08 PM
Hi mate, ive just counted back, and by my reckonin we are on day 38.
Getting there now. gave the biatches a drink tonight. They are looking fine after thier prolonged flush yesterday

They are stretching up a bit now, and the buds are getting well formed.
I am liking the budlink, i think its making a difference.

I am gagging to add some PK? What do you say boss?

Tonight they got the same as last night, but i upped the PH to 5.9.

So we had 5.9 Ph and 515 ppm or 1.0 EC
Coming out was;

AK1 PH 5.8 , 409 ppm or 0.85EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 440 PPm or 0.9 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 392 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 412 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD3 Ph 5.9, 381 PPM or 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 377 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.,7, 401 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.7, 381 PPM or 08 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 437 PPM or 0.9 EC

What do you think mate,Wil i up it to 1.2 EC keep PH at 5.9, and Pk? what do you reckon? 1/4 dose?

Let me kknow pal.
Peace

ironjustice
05-02-14, 01:43 AM
right then mate, thats a lot better.. my thoughts are this though, keep EC at 1.0 for the next couple of feeds.. add some pk in and ditch the rhizzo mate... start the pk of at 0.5ml per l if its canna pk 13/14 and then add your zym, budlink, and make up the rest to 1.0 with good old a and b.... our mission now is to never get a rising EC back in our runoffs mate, so with the feed less is more if you know what i mean.. ph seems to be sorting its self right out so keep at 5.9 and we well see what happens this next two feeds, hopefully the runoffs will drop in EC by a fair margin and we can then up it safely....

how does that sound mate? if they are still stretching they havent even kicked off properly in the flowering department so here is hoping for a monster yield for ya mate :harvest:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
05-02-14, 09:44 PM
I hope so mate, i truly hope so

I went with your feed recommendation, no rhiz, 30 ml zym, 20ml budlink and 10ml pk and the rest A and B.

Ph is sorting itself right out tonight, and is finally rising, mostly.
Ec is down slightly, but overall its looking sweet in the tent

Scores scores George doors!!

going in we had 5.9 PH and 495PPM 1.0 EC.

Coming out we have the following;
AK1 PH 6.0 , 488 ppm or 1.0 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 , 464 PPm or 0.9 EC

RD1 PH.6.0 404 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 447 PPM, 0.9 EC
RD3 Ph 6.1, 450 PPM or 0.9 EC

AN1 Ph 6.0 , 387 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.,9, 394 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 424 PPM or 085 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 458 PPM or 0.9 EC

So good news EC dropping, ec rising.
I will keep it at this for tomorrows feed too mate, yes? AKs are etting bushier, the rest seem to have grown a little bit, but there is still time.
They are getting thirstier, i gave them 3 litres each tonight, and will keep it at that, cos i was getting over half a litre run off from em. at least

They are starting to smell, i say smell they smell bloody lovely, tangy lemon smell,

I will post some progress pics tomorrow night mate, or maybe later tonight.

Ive left them untied for now, and will just keep an eye on them, if they neeed seperated, ill put a few strategic ties here and there.

Now then,, ........mon the buds!!

ironjustice
05-02-14, 10:45 PM
marvelous stuff.. lets keep it as this for the next feed and make that they are taking it in what we are giving them... how long do you plan on using the budlink for? not sure about budlink exactly but i know liquid silicone can leave a taste if used to late in flower... so it might be worth doing some reading and making your own mind up on when to stop that.. i have only used it on my recent grows, and have dropped it at week two of true flower, i do still use it as ph up though of i have to but have stopped using it as a part of the plants feed if you know what i mean..

anyway.. glad the aks are bushing out, give the others time.. im sure they will catch up soon enough.. and yeah now just wait until you can see what is what and then tie them out for maximum penetration baby.. oh yeah :devil: lol

mon the buds indeed.. and mon the pics!! :P

bigbadbillybob
06-02-14, 10:55 PM
hey ho, im back buddy.
I gave them what you said, kept it the same,
they are drinking more now, im feeding them 3 litres and getting at least 20% runoff.

Going in tonight there 5.8 Ph and 512 PPm or 1.0 EC
Coming out was

AK1 PH 5.9, 542ppm or 1.0 EC
AK2 PH 6.0 , 473 PPm or 1.0 EC

RD1 PH.6.0, 476 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 6.1, 470 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 6.1, 499 PPM or 1.0 EC

AN1 Ph 6.0 , 429 ppm or 0.9 EC
An2 PH 5.,9, 421 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 429 PPM or 0.9 EC
An4 PH 6.0, 476 PPM or 1.0 EC

Ph rising Ec staying the same, dropping very slightly.

here are some long overdue pics mate, of the lot of em, ha ha
AK1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_32.JPG

Ak2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_38.JPG

rd1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_23.JPG

rd3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_36.JPG
rd 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_37.JPG

An1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_21.JPG
an2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/008_Small_23.JPG
bud of an2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_21.JPG
an3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/010_Small_18.JPG
an4
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/010_Small_18.JPG

group shots taken through my groom glasses, so are not really a true respresentation of colour
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/013_Small_8.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153186/title/6213grp2/cat/3949)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/012_Small_11.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/153185/title/6213grp1/cat/3949)

that should do the pics for at least a week. You can see that rd 3 is still showing a bit of Mg def, but im spraying her lights off, so we will see how she goes.
Let me know if you want me to change anything matey.

ironjustice
06-02-14, 11:14 PM
Hello there my man... right, i think we have found a little sweet spot for them right here for now... those readings are exactly what we want to be seeing mate! roll on the buds now mate :harvest: the plants are looking cock on, now once they have all stopped stretching we can fuck about tying stems over etc and getting everything as level as we can.. now everything is defo on the right track (that flush the other night worked a treat i reckon) we should start seeing some real explosive growth over the next few weeks as long as we keep them in this sweet spot...

keep everything the same mate, just keep the feed going in this week at exactly the same mix and wait until they all have falling EC for two days running before upping it... less is more etc lol

plants are looking great by the way buddy.. and dont worry about the mag def to much, she seems to be rocketing along nicely anyway... but i would stop the foliar spray before long as buds will be developing and getting denser so dont want to invite mould...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
07-02-14, 10:39 PM
hi bud, am short o time tonight cos i got loads to do.
Heres the figures anyway mate. i will keep them at 1.0 and 5.8PH.

Tonight went in at 5.8 Ph and 495 ppm or 1.0 EC

Coming out we have
AK1 PH 5.8, 542ppm or 1.1 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 , 514 PPm or 1.0 EC

RD1 PH.6.0, 520 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 483 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 535 PPM or 1.1 EC

AN1 Ph 5.9 , 483 ppm or 1.0 EC
An2 PH 5.,8, 467 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 474 PPM or 1.0 EC
An4 PH 6.0, 495 PPM or 1.0 EC

So basically pH goin gin the right direction with them all oing up or sstable at 5.8
And the feed is the same coming out, for most of them, apart from a couple who are spitting it back at me.
Will i just go with the same again tomorrow mate,keeping the pk at 0.5 ml litre, or do you want me to bring the feed down slightly, to see if they wil start feeding again?

Let me know pal.

I checked into your TD diary, and am well impressed, not only with the plant, but with the LEDs

Do you notice a big difference with the leccy bill, cos mine is coming out at about 50 quid a week!!!!

ironjustice
08-02-14, 01:43 AM
alright bill mate.. right well thats not so bad at all... keep the same for the next feed and see what happens... i have had this before where they spit the pk at first and then after a few days they start wolfing it down..... so just keep her lit and wet with the same mix and jobs a goodun! just make sure your getting plenty of runoff to help prevent the feed building up and turning the coco hotter than a big bud of cheese between beyonce's arse cheeks lol

fucking 50 quid a week?!?!?!? fuck that for a laugh mate! a 1200w setup normally cost about 30ish quid a week to run at 18/6 and about 20 ish at 12/12... who the fuck do you get your leccy of bill? fuck me, bet hanniballs set up dont cost that to run lol with the leds mine are a 600w panel that is a 320w draw unit, and the 300w one is a 180w unit... and i will let you know about the leccy when the first bill comes in.. gulp!

bigbadbillybob
08-02-14, 10:32 PM
hi bud, ive just fed them, and am well surprised at the buds coming on now. There is one on a anubis, is about 3 inches wide, and they still have at least 2 weeks to go.
However they are stilll spitting it back at me, but i will persevere.
To 40 litres i gave em 40ml budlink, 60 ml cannazym, 40ml Pk and 35ml each of A and B to come up with 476ppm and it was ph downed to 5.8 again.

The figures for tonight then,
Going in 5.8 PH and 476ppm or 1.0 EC

Coming out;
AK1 PH 5.8, 602 ppm or 1.2 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 536 PPm or 1.1 EC

RD1 PH.5.9, 542 PPM, 1.1 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 506 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 552 PPM or 1.1 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 514 ppm or 1.0 EC
An2 PH 5.,8, 467 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 532 PPM or 1.1 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 500 PPM or 1.0 EC

So overall the Ph is doing just fine, and the EC is going up by 0.1 to 0.2.
Ill feed them this again tomorrow mate, unless i hear from you.
Overall they are all looking healthy enough, but for some bizarre reason anubis 4 has stalled in stretch at the lid of the pot, buts its the thickest bushiest plant ive ever grown, and smells so sweet i just know its gonna be the best smoke of the lot. Its a freak, but id love to take a cutting from her (impossible with autos, i know!)
One of the dwarfs has also stalled a bit in height, but i suppose some girls do, and some girls dont. Im not worries like, cos she is looking healthy enough. I think the rest of them have stopped stretching now too, so i will give it a day or two, and maybe tie the branches out to let the light in. Most of them are reallly really bushy, which i can only put down to startingg them off at 400W, and keeping the lights off/ lights on temps constant for the first couple of weeks (where i went 24/0) I think next time ill just go 20-4 from seedling, cos its bound to affect the amount of bud they can produce, given that the stems are so short. and the distance between the nodes is so small.
Its all a learning process eh?

Hope your havin a good weekend.

Till next time, peace out.

ironjustice
09-02-14, 03:54 PM
Hi mate will reply properly when I am home had some family shit came up.. But I would drop.the overall ec to 0.8 keep all the other bits the same though ;-)

ironjustice
09-02-14, 09:36 PM
Hi mate, sorry i have not been on like i said had some shit come up.. families eh!!!

anyway.. them spitting it back is not so good :( but its easily sorted by just dropping back on the nutrients mate, so as i said above best thing is drop back the overall EC to 0.8 keep the amounts of all the additives the same as before and bring the EC to 0.8 and get a decent amount of runoff and we will be rocking and rolling again in no time... its not a big rise but we dont want to see that happening really... i woud feed all the ones that spat some back with this, and feed the others with the same as last time.. then soon enough the others will catch back up feed wise again, just add a bit more a and b to bring the EC back up to 1.0 after you have fed the spitters.. we only like swallowers round here so this biatches had better sort their act out... lol

glad to here they are all looking good though.. and dont worry about the freak, there is always one.. my bro had one of his afghan kush specials only yield two oz and the rest of the plants in the tent were all between 3.5 and 5oz each.. just a little straggler lol we can fuck about and get some blocks or some wood to bring them up to the same height as the others so you will still have an even canopy :)

its up to you if you want to the two separate feeds, i would say that this is the best option.. imo.

Hope all else is well my man...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
09-02-14, 10:29 PM
Well bud, i hope you got the family stuff sorted , and dont worry about this place, family comes first...always.

Some more pics from tonight, picked a couple at random, anubis 1 and 2, and as you can see the buds a re developing.
Havent tied them back down yet, havnt had a chance yet as i had family stuff to deal with myself this weekend,so i know how you feel mate.
We love them to bits, by by fuck they are a Pain in the arse at times!!

Anyway i didnt get to read your last post as i was feeding them, went for 0.8 on the lot of them, and the figures are below.

I will not bother giving them seperate feed just yet mate, because i dont see this as a record breaking run, yeild wise, i am just trying to learn the ropes this time, and to be honest, i would struggle to have the time to mix up seperate batches, and i would have to get another cauldron lol.
If it goes drastically down hill i wil mix seperate batches, but i would like to wait and see if they get thier shit together in the next feed or two first, if thats ok with you mate

Runoff wise, im putting in 3 litres each and getting just under a litre out, so that should be sweet for now.

Going in 5.8 PH and 405ppm or 0.8 EC
Coming out;
AK1 PH 5.8, 587 ppm or 1.2 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 526 PPm or 1.0 EC

RD1 PH.5.9, 511 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 506 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 577 PPM or 1.2 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 517 ppm or 1.0 EC
An2 PH 5.,8, 497 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 532 PPM or 1.1 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 502 PPM or 1.0 EC

Virtually the same as last night, but we would expect that i suppose, hopefully they will start going in the right direction tomorrow, we will see.

Anubis 1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_33.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_39.JPG

Anubis 2
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_37.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_38.JPG

ironjustice
09-02-14, 10:38 PM
Hi mate.. yeah all sorted thanks :mr: and yep they are indeed a pain in the arse... lol

and thats fine mate, just stick with that at 0.8 and see what they do over the next few feeds.. as you say, was to be expected that they would still be high...

they are actually looking nice imo.. and you may well be surprised with the amount you get from them :greet:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
10-02-14, 10:26 PM
I hope so, i truly hope so mate, time will tell, but the buds that are there are not really looking any better than my soil grown ones, but this still has time to change, so ill reserve judgement till the day of the choppper.

Coming out, results are well pretty much the same as yesterday. Fook knows what they are playing at, Ill try feeding them again at 0.6 i think, and see how they take to that.
Maybe the lack of rhizo has something to do with them not eating, i dunno.

So tonight i gave em a feed at 0.8EC and 5.8PH,

AK1 PH 5.7, 587 ppm or 1.2 EC
AK2 PH 5.7 , 536 PPm or 1.1 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 535 PPM, 1.1 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 499 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 569 PPM or 1.1 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 510 ppm or 1.0 EC
An2 PH 5.7 , 488 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 556 PPM or 1.1 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 477 PPM or 1.0 EC

Pretty much the same as last night mate, ec rising by 0.2-0.4, Ph looking ok

Any ideas bud? droip the feed again, what do you think?

ironjustice
11-02-14, 01:00 AM
Hi mate,

yes, do a just a and b feed of 0.6 for one feed.. forget the runoff readings just make sure you put plenty through them... then next day knock up a feed with the same pk etc in at 0.9 and give them that for two feeds and see where they are...

if i am honest mate i am not sure why they are doing this.. everything seems to be fine but they just dont seem to want to feed very much, seems odd to me and im scratching my head a bit on this one... but i aint heard no fat ladys singing yet so we will do our best to get them back on track..

have you been calibrating your meters etc? just trying to rule out obvious stuff here.. cos its doing my nut in as i have never had problems like this before...

what are the plants that are least behind in bud developement mate, give me as much info as you can so i can try and find out what the fuck is going on in with these finicky beasts...

bigbadbillybob
11-02-14, 09:40 PM
hi mate,
I will go through my sequence of the day. #
I fill the water into my 40 litre plastic baskets in the morning or the night before and leave it to stand in the bathroom,
About 8 oclock, just as lights come on i feed them.
I mix the nutes as follows;
First budlink goes in, as its silicone based, and it says on the bottle to put it in before the A aand B
Next its the canna zym, then PK, then lastly the A and B. then i Ph down the lot with approx.3ml of ph down
I usually feed them within half an hour of mixing the nutes in. I dont heat the water in any way and its possibly too cold, i dunno? Didnt think i had to heat it for run to waste to be honest.
Temps are average of 25 degrees, max of 29 min. is 16
RH average of 44%, max 58 and min 38

Ph meter tested tonight and reading bang on, dont have anything to calibrate the PPm EC tester.

To be honest they are all forming buds pretty well and evenly, if any are behind i would say royal dwarf 3 and anubis 1 and 3 are lagging behind slightly, but not that much.
Royal dwarf 3 and anubis 3 were the ones showing mg def, and still are to a minor level, but i didnt want to keep spraying them with the epsoms, for fear of budrot. there are only a few leaves showing the discolouration, and its no where near as bad as it was.

They all look healthy enough, no brown tips, maybe very slightly underfed (lighter green) colour wise, iif anything, but not all of them, maybe 2 or 3 of them at most.

I gave them 40 litres a half hour ago, and am gonna leave them an hour then do another 40 through them at 0.6EC, 5.8 PH
Readings coming out so far range between 0.9 to 1.1, average being 0.9 EC, Ph is all good at 5.7 to 6.0.

Ill post the runoff readings after ive given them the next 40 litres mate.

Stay tuned

bigbadbillybob
11-02-14, 10:57 PM
Meant to say i feed them from a litre jug poured around the sides, fairly quick.

right mate, thats them got a second feed tonight, at 5.9 PH and 286ppm or 0.6

Coming out we have;
AK1 PH 5.8, 482 ppm or 1.0 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 , 440 PPm or 0.9 EC

RD1 PH.5.9, 468 PPM, 0.9 EC
RD2 PH 6.1, 459 PPM, 0.9 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 485 PPM or 1.0 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 442 ppm or 0.9 EC
An2 PH 5.8 , 417 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 417 PPM or 0.8 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 401 PPM or 0.8 EC

So they are slowly heading back in the right direction, but i will have to wait and see tomorrows figured to see if it is definitely goin the right way.
They took a fair amount tonight about 80 litres between them, so hopefully that will have flushed some of the crap outa them.

Do you still want me to up the feed tomorrow night buddy?

Cheers
Billski

As usual mate, let me know if you want anything changed.

ironjustice
12-02-14, 01:13 AM
Bill sounds like everything you are doing is right to me.. i use water right out of the tap at about 10c most of the time as my water is so soft its not worth leaving it sit lol only thing i would do different is gently feed all the coco till its all wet on the surface and then bash the feed in as fast as you can so its floating on top of the coco.. might be hard to do with the one thats only at pot level lol but this is the way i feed, i got this way of doing it from one of jimmi240s diaries and find it works really well.. its like a piston pushing out all the old nutes and stale oxygen and replenishing it with fresh as it forces it out when it floods through.... but what you are doing should be fine, so i doubt its that....

might be an idea to get some calibration fluid for your EC pen though mate, as that could be out and thats what might be throwing us out of line..

anyway, on to the readings... nice mate, let them have one more feed like this and get the medium EC set nice and low and introduce the pk etc again, then we can build it back up slowly..

rock on brother...

IJ

bigbadbillybob
12-02-14, 10:11 PM
The way you describe feeding is the same as what im doing mate. i usually use the first and second litre to cover the top and wet the surface, then bosh it in and its floating, before sinkin into the coco.
I gave them the same tonight, and again heading in the right direction mostly, the Aks and a couple of the dwarfs are fighting back, but they will soon enough get with the programme. I reckon another feed at 0.6 Ec should get them on a level playing field, then we can up the PK, or do you want me to up it just now,
Another option would be to mix up the 40 litres, at 0.6 EC, then feed the ones that are spitting it back with 20 litres of this, then add PK to the others which are showing the same ish going out as comingg in, if that makes sense?
Let me know what you think bud, but im sure we will crack these bastards soon (only a few weeks to go, we are on day 45 today).
Like i was saying, AK1 is a bit lihgter in colour than AK2, and RD3 is lighter than the rest too , but the rest look like they are thriving, AK1 and rd 3 are lagging a wee bit behind in the forming bud stakes, but no much.

Heres tonights readings bud.
Going in 5.9 Ph and 318 ppm or 0.6 EC.

Coming out is

AK1 PH 5.9, 388 ppm or 0.8 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 , 379 PPm or 0.8 EC

RD1 PH.6.0, 395 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 6.1, 369 PPM 0.8 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 395 PPM 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.9 , 358 ppm or 0.7 EC
An2 PH 5.9 , 342 ppm or 0.7 EC
AN3 PH 5.9, 334 PPM or 0.7 EC
An4 PH 6.0, 328 PPM or 0.7 EC

So ph is still cool but Ec is rising, but not by as much as before, only 0.1-0.2.

Cheers
Bill

ironjustice
12-02-14, 10:51 PM
Hi bud.. yeah thats it mate, your doing everything just right imo...

as for the feed, now we are down below 1.0 on all, as this was around when they were spitting it back, i think your safe to start back with the pk at 0.5ml per l and then we can start upping the EC slowly... i have a feeling it was the pk that was being spat out due to our ph being slightly off track... so put the ph up to 6.0.

so this is the plan, 0.5ml pk per l and bring EC to 0.7 and set ph to 6.0 as i think this will help with the uptake of the pk more... and see what we get, but im pretty sure that is what it was that started them spitting it back... anyway, we are better off raising the ph now slightly anyway to the 6.0-6.2 range as this is better in flower for coco imo... im betting if you start bringing the ph up now they will want more and more feed... this should also help with mag uptake as well and sort the ones that still have a little mag defs showing...

how does that sound to you boss?

IJ

bigbadbillybob
12-02-14, 11:55 PM
Hey Ij, you are the boss man, im just an apprentice, :)
Yep, that sounds like a master plan to me.
Ill give them that tomorrow and we will see how they like it.
Ill post some bud porn pics too, cos we all like bud porn dont we?

bigbadbillybob
13-02-14, 11:47 PM
Here is Ak 2 in her fine bud swelling glory
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/056_Small_.JPG
another of her
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/058_Small_.JPG
here is ak1, lagging slightly behind, but there is stilll time, if they decide to feed like
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/059_Small_.JPG
Ak 1 again, shes biggest of the lot height wise
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/060_Small_.JPG
royal dwarf , er 2 i think
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/064_Small_.JPG
this is rd 3, the one that had Mg def, its a wee bit behind too.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/062_Small_.JPG
Another rd, cant remember which il guess 1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/065_Small_.JPG[/im
4 on the left are the anubis, and the one on the right is a rd
[img]https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/067_Small_1.JPG
and the Aks on right rds on leftg]
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/068_Small_.JPG
thats the pics for ye, sorry bout the last two, but lights were on, you know how it is, its just to give u an idea of the sizes. (they are all fairly shortish)

bigbadbillybob
13-02-14, 11:56 PM
right mate figures now, ave them bang on what you said, 6.0 ph and 351ppm or 0.7 EC

Coming out we have
AK1 PH 5.9, 424 ppm or 0.8 EC
AK2 PH 5.9 ,398 PPm or 0.8 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 401 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 6.1, 343 PPM 0.7 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 398 PPM 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 377 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.9 , 339 ppm or 0.7 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 343 PPM or 0.7 EC
An4 PH 6.0, 323 PPM or 0.7 EC

FAirly the same as last night really, I will give them this again tomorrow and check back with the figures.

Rock on dude,

ironjustice
14-02-14, 12:23 AM
looking mighty fine mate.. and my money is on AK1 for the biggest yield of the grow :greet: plants are looking pretty fucking good mate, nice color to them and are budding up a treat... AK2 looks the nuts as well, but then the rest do as well...

bang on with the feed mate, keep it at this again as you say and then we will have a good idea of what way we need to be going.. one thing i will say is none look hungry to me, and none look burnt.. top job my man :mr:

thanks for the pics as well, been dying to see how they were getting along :)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
14-02-14, 10:20 PM
yeah, they are doing alriht really, i am my own worst critic where growing is concerned.
My only regret with this grow is putting them on 24/0 lighting for the first fortnight, cos it definiitely kept them low in the pots, but hey every days a school day.
They are starting to pong up now, mostly the Anubis, but the others are also smelling, just not as musky.

I was in a rush tonight, and mixed up nutes, to 360ppm odd. Then i gave em a dose of ph down to 6.0PH., but by the time i went back to feed them, the Ec had risen to bang on 400ppm or 0.8. Didnt have time to mix more, or go get more water, so thats what they got
So going in we have 6.0PH and 400ppm or 0.8 EC

Comin out there is this;
AK1 PH 5.8, 465 ppm or 0.9 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 424 PPm or 0.85 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 420 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 350 PPM 0.7 EC
RD3 Ph 6.0, 436 PPM 0.9 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 401 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.8 , 377 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 384 PPM or 0.8 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 346 PPM or 0.7 Ec

So basically the Ph is dropping a couple of points, and the ec is about the same coming out as going in.
If youre happy with this i will feed them this tomorrow night too.
The buds are putting the beef on, and i havnt had to tie them back, as they have not sprung upriht like the last grow.

I am waiting to hear about my house/ divorce to see if the bitch will let me buy her out, and if its a yes, im gonna go fulll steam ahead with the next grow, which is gonna be ogre by joint doctor, auto ultimate or auto extreme by Dutch passion and either some more big buddha critical mass or some blue cheese, all autos. yum yum, cant wait.

Knowing her tho, its will more likely be a resounding NO.

ironjustice
14-02-14, 11:56 PM
Hi bill mate.. im the same, very critical of my own plants as well lol

right well them readings are ok.. we have a couple spitting a tiny bit but not much... feed them the same again next feed and see what the scores on the doors are then lol see when you do it though, put an extra liter or two through the ones that have spat any back, so thats both the AK's and RD3.... just to make sure any left over shit is gone ;)

nice strains for your next grow mate.. my big buddha chiesel auto is kicking up a right stink now, heard the blue cheese auto from them is pretty decent as well... also i got a pack of autoxtreme for my next grpw and some auto blue mazzar, can wait either!!!

bigbadbillybob
15-02-14, 09:45 PM
hey mate, howa tricks?

I ave them a feed tonight, i had about 5 litres left from last night, so filled up ma 40 litre bucket,
Gave them 30ml cannazym, 40ml budlink, 20ml Pk and zero A and B cos it was reading 400ppm with the rest of the stuff in there, plus last nights leftovers.
6.0 ph, and ended up giving most of them 3 litres-4 litres and the Aks and RD 3 about 6 litres

Going in 6.0 Ph and 399ppm or 0.8 EC

Comingg out we have
Ak 1 Ph 5.7, 440 PPm or 0.9 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 412 PPm or 0.8 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 409 PPM, 0.8 EC
RD2 PH 6.0, 348 PPM 0.7 EC
RD3 Ph 5.9, 409 PPM 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8 , 388 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.8 , 381 ppm or 0.8 EC
AN3 PH 5.8, 388 PPM or 0.8 EC
An4 PH 5.9, 369 PPM or 0.8 Ec

Ph dropping by 0- 0.4, and Ec fairly stable at 0.8 EC.
Let me know if you want me to change anything i ditched the last of the nutes as they were 3 days old, (well parts of them were), and i never keep them longer than that once they been mixed.
I think i will drop the budling to 1.5ml per litre up the PK at 1.5ml per litre, drop the cannazym to 1 ml per litre and up the A and B to see if they will take the food on board, keeping the mix at 0.8EC and 6.0 PH. Im figuring they only have a couple of weeks left in them
Does this sound like a good idea to you mate, or will i change it for something else? Im all ears here as it just seems to be ticking along now, they dont seem over keen to feed, and with the ph dropping slightly i dont want it to drop any more.

Let me know what you think man, and enjoy yer weekend.
Im off to roll a fat one.
laters

ironjustice
16-02-14, 12:11 AM
Hi mate..

right then.. them readings are ok, i would personally drop the budlink now as thats liquid silicone isnt it? and from what many people say silicone can leave a taste if used to late in flower... and as far as i am aware the cannazym doesn't raise your EC, or at least it shouldn't as far as i understand it.. so i would keep the cannazym the same, up the pk to full strength and bring up the rest with a and b to 0.8... set the ph to 6.2 now, lets try and drive the ph up and the EC down.. as you say they are ticking along, well i have noticed that with bennies the plants tend to not want as much feed in the mix as they uptake more nutrients.. i have got two in 15l pots and they are drinking 6l a day, and the big td is on an EC of 0.9 and the chiesel is on 1.2... but as they are drinking about twice as much as normal then they are getting more feed that way...

so this is my suggestion..

2ml per l pk
cannazym keep as it has been
then bring the rest up with just a and b to 0.8
give them it at 6.2 PH

how does that sound to you mate?

and yeah all good here mate.. another boring weekend in feeding plants and surfing the forum.. oh wait a minute, thats not boring at all lol

hope all is well with you mate..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
16-02-14, 10:27 PM
sound ood to me bud.
Gave them the feed mix you advised, with no budlink.
Just 80ml PK, 40ml cannazym, and 10ml A and B, giving us 428ppm or 0.85 Ec Woops, Phd down to 6.2.
Now these are the figures coming out of them,
Ak 1 Ph 5.6, 530 PPm or 1.1 EC
AK2 PH 5.5 501 PPm or 1.0 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 483 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 424 PPM 0.85 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 517 PPM 1.0 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 466 ppm or 0.9 EC
An2 PH 5.6 , 451 ppm or 0.9 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 500 PPM or 1.0 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 441 PPM or 0.9 Ec

so ph dropping like a stone by 0.4-0.7, and Ec rising by 00-0.3.

im feeling a bit frustrated with these, just wish they would sort themselves out lol.
Any ideas? Flush again? or give them another feed of this?

ironjustice
16-02-14, 11:16 PM
Mate I'm in the middle of feeding mine mate but will reply shortly... But I feel the same mate if I am honest :kill:

Back in a mo...

bigbadbillybob
17-02-14, 12:04 AM
next grow i will definitely be ditching this coco, and the mychorrizo, and the shitty stones at the base of the pots.

Its making a hard job outa something that should be relatively easy.

Am gonna go with tried and trusted stuff next time mate. Its my own fault for being a tight bastard and not getting the right medium

ironjustice
17-02-14, 12:30 AM
Right mate, the ph nosedive will be the budlink being used up, as that raised ph quite a bit so as that goes you will get a ph drop.. dont worry that will sort itself out over the next couple of feeds...

keep the feed as we are for the next couple, but try and stick to 0.8 next time.. if you go overboard then take some out and replace with fresh water and readjust, just put back in the right amount of pk etc per l of fresh water you replace it with... its a pain in the arris indeed, but we want to keep these babies feeding!!!

and if i were you next time i would get some dutch passion or dinafem beans... some canna coco pro +, and just use the rhiz a and b and pk.. keep it simple, the problem here is that there are a few variables and its hard for me to put my finger on what is going on.. you can keep the budlink and the zym as thats good shit.. but if you keep it as simple as you can first couple of runs in coco you will love the stuff and wont get all these problems that not only you are having but my chiesel is pissing me around in a similar manner!!! but i am using leds for the first time, whole different range of nutrients that are not coco specific.. my water is so soft it may as well be RO water.. and using bennies for the first time!! so when i am getting a problem its hard to put your finger on it as the process of elimination is a whole lot harder the more stuff you use..

tbh.. i have never liked the idea of the poundland coco... but we will just leave that one at that LOL

but chin up mate.. we still have got some time here to turn these babies around and to be honest i think they will go a bit longer than you think... :)

IJ

bigbadbillybob
17-02-14, 11:05 PM
i hope not! i Just had a call from the estate agents, some cunt wants to have a look at my house on the 4th of next month. aw balls. Im gonna have to de-rig everthin and stash it for a few hours. Will have to put the plants in the shed, cos they will be stinking by then. And another want to view it in a fortnight, what an arse ache. I suppose i could set the tent up in the garage, and hope they dont want a look in there, and just leave them there till they finished. Any ideas? I could come up with some bullshit like " ive lost the keys , or they are at work or something. I think this is my best chance. I will just have to soundproof the garage from Mr and Mrs noseybastard next door, for the fans etc.

FAiling that im gonna have to chop early, but i really dont want to have to do that, cos ive come so far.
I cant cancell the viewings cos im due up in court a couple of days later, and the ex bitch will say im not triyn to sell the house etc.

Ah well, never mind eh. i might get shot of the house, but i doubt it knowing my feckin luck.

Not to worry we still got a week or two. lol.

Going in tonight we have 6.3 Ph and 383ppm or 0.8 EC
Coming out we have;

Ak 1 Ph 5.5, 546 PPm or 1.1 EC
AK2 PH 5.6 487 PPm or 1.0 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 476 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 424 PPM 0.85 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 539 PPM 1.1 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7 , 488 ppm or 1.0 EC
An2 PH 5.7 , 483 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 526 PPM or 1.05 EC
An4 PH 5.7, 441 PPM or 0.9 Ec

So no change really, will seee what tomorrows readings do and go from there mate.

Peace.

ironjustice
17-02-14, 11:49 PM
ohhh fuck, if it were me i would set up in garage and say keys are at work... might want to invest in some acoustic ducting mate lol what a fcking nightmare.. will be gutted if you have to chop early after all this messing about!

right onto the readings... its what i expected mate tbh, will be high for a couple of feeds now just keep at 6.2 and 0.8 going in and get plenty of runoff and it will sort itself out over the course of a few days, obviously if we get a massive EC spike then we will have to flush, but hopefully as long as we keep low it should sort itself out..

bigbadbillybob
17-02-14, 11:58 PM
no problems mate ill do that, might not be on tomorrow, but will be back Wednesday. Cheers

ironjustice
18-02-14, 12:01 AM
i really feel for you on the house viewing thing mate... that is going to be a right ballache your right, fingers crossed you sell the house though mate.. im sure it will sort itself out, if not just go raul moat on everyone and fuck them all up lol

peace mate, and take it easy ;)

bigbadbillybob
18-02-14, 11:00 PM
Am a bit tiht on time toniht bud, so ill keep her short and sweet.

Tonight goin gin we have 6.2 PH and 402PPm or 0.8

Coming out;

Ak 1 Ph 5.5, 576 PPm or 1.2 EC
AK2 PH 5.5, 533 PPm or 1.1 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 509 PPM, 1.0 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 459 PPM 0.9 EC
RD3 Ph 5.7, 569 PPM 1.1 EC

AN1 Ph 5.6 , 529 ppm or 1.1 EC
An2 PH 5.6 , 517 ppm or 1.0 EC
AN3 PH 5.4, 563 PPM or 1.1 EC
An4 PH 5.6, 506 PPM or 1.1 Ec

So Ph still falling and Ec still rising. mate.

When i mixed up the nutes i only added 5 ml of A and B to 20 litres to get 0.8 EC.
Am also running out of cannazym, do you think i need to get more, or can we get by without it?

Cheers buddy

ironjustice
19-02-14, 02:34 AM
Hi mate.. right this is not what i wanted to see at all.. bollocks!

right your going to have to flush mate, i would do it with plain ph'd water and get the ec down back to your background, i wouldnt normally advise this but i am at a loss of what to do so we need to completely reset the medium get all the shit out of there and start from scratch and get them feeding this last couple of weeks or this is juts going to get out of control... so just ph some water, fuckin loads of it to 5.8 and fire it through all the pots until what is coming out the bottom is the same as the top.. then once they are back down low do a feed of just a and b up to 0.7 ec, keep the ph at 5.8 and give this for a few feeds and they should start feeding again.. once the ec starts dropping we can start putting the pk back in and hopefully they wont spit it back this time

the cannazym, its up to you mate.. i wouldnt bother personally lets just get some feed into these girls so they can get going again.. its the ph being out so they are out of range for the pk and thats what is building up and making the ec rise and ph drop.. so we need to rest back to 5.8 and set a low EC and when they feed the ec should drop, ph should rise and they should not spit the pk back.. i hope...

this is doing my nut in bill mate, and im just the mentor your the one having to deal with this in real life... must be well frustrating for you :kill:

bigbadbillybob
19-02-14, 10:33 PM
am mid flush mate, done 4 of them. I am noticing that the root mas is bloody solid, and the water is taking some time to get through most of them. I suppose they are pot bound eh?
I mixed up an entire bath full (big corner bath) and phd to 5.8, and thats done 4 of them., so 5 to go.

bigbadbillybob
20-02-14, 01:28 AM
right mate, thats me back. Just fiinished, !started at a quarter to eight. and only stopped for a cuppa and a bifter.
Anyway they are flushed within an inch of thier lives. I got them down to 5.8, and ran a couple more litres through them and checked aggain to be sure to be sure..

So made a feed up of 40ml cannazym, and about 30ml each of A and B, with no Pk at all.
CAme up with Ph 5.8 and 353ppm or 0.7 EC

Ak 1 Ph 5.7, 171 PPm or 0.35 EC
AK2 PH 5.8 156 PPm or 0.3 EC

RD1 PH.5.9, 132 PPM, 0.3 EC
RD2 PH 5.9, 125 PPM 0.25 EC
RD3 Ph 5.9, 157 PPM 0.3 EC

AN1 Ph 5.9 , 239 ppm or 0.3 EC
An2 PH 5.7, 137 ppm or 0.3 EC
AN3 PH 5.7, 120 PPM or 0.25 EC
An4 PH 5.8 103 PPM or 0.2 Ec

Coming out we have the ec dropping (hurray) and the Ph about the same or rising by 0.1, bar a couple.

I will give them this again tomorrow mate. yeah? Or do you want me to add Pk?

Cheers
Billy

ironjustice
20-02-14, 02:47 AM
Hello mate... top man, sounds like you did everything cock on... now, lets just keep it where it is and see what happens, then once they are feeding hard and ph is up above 6.0 in the runoff then we can start adding back in the pk, keeping it low should drive the ph up hard and fast.. so fingers crossed this will be it cracked and we are starting again.. and if the rootmass is solid this explains why they dont want so much feed, as they have more roots they can uptake more liquid and therefore get what then need of a lower EC.. we had them on the righ track right up untill the pk started going in, then they started spitting it.. now, i think this is because the ph in the rhizosphere was to low for the P and K to be up taken through the route system.. so lets get this ph back up to where it should be, and thats coming out about 6.1 if its going in at 5.8..

so keep it the same, lets let these bitches work for their food and when they are screaming for it we let them have it.. cool?

and again, top man for the effort of flushing them through like that.. not an easy task mate and i can say you have put the effort in on this one, thats why i am hoping we get a good result at the end..

loving the big corner bath full of ph'd water.. thats the fucking way, my corner whirlpool fucker gets used more for my plants than it does by people.. lol

its nice to see them readings though.. lol

peace brother!

IJ

bigbadbillybob
20-02-14, 11:06 PM
Hi ma green ninja,
fed them tonight, with 5.8 PH water, and feed at 348PPM or 0.7 EC.
Good news and bad im afraid..

Coming out.
Ak 1 Ph 5.6, 283 PPm or 0.6 EC
AK2 PH 5.5 259 PPm or 0.5 EC

RD1 PH.5.8, 242 PPM, 0.5 EC
RD2 PH 5.8, 193 PPM 0.4 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 251 PPM 0.5 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7, 305 ppm or 0.6 EC
An2 PH 5.6, 243 ppm or 0.5 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 250 PPM or 0.5 EC
An4 PH 5.6 213 PPM or 0.4 Ec

Ph dropping again, apart from the dwarfs (bad) and EC dropping too.(good)

Will i give them another at this EC and Ph mate?

They look hungry too, lighter leaves on top, but the readings are saying different. Ill just have to hold out till the Ph starts rising i spose.
#Cheers bud

ironjustice
21-02-14, 01:48 AM
no thats fine, dont worry about the ph drop just keep it at this level and let it drive the ph up past 5.8 on its own, we have tried doing it ourselves and they wont play ball.. they are hungry, yesterdays feed went in at 0.7 and came out less, so thats good.. lets keep them that way for the time being as we dont want to fuck things up again lol but this is good, they are having the feed and thats what we want.. now lets let them work for it, keep it the same and for next couple of feeds and EC should start dropping more and ph rising... then we will start back with the pk.... your ph runoff isnt that low, so i wouldn't panic as it can take a few days to see it start rising ime..

but so far so good.. seems like AK1 is a fussy cunt, you might have to feed her separately if it doesnt want to start playing ball... same as AN1, might have to knock up a lighter feed for them.. we will see, some pics would be nice matey lol

hope all is well with you bud?

IJ

as i

bigbadbillybob
23-02-14, 12:07 AM
right matey, im back, never made it on last night,
il put uo last nites first, but you will soon see where its going.....downhill lol.

Anyway going in we had 5.8 Ph and 364ppm (0.7 EC)
COming out was;
Ak 1 Ph 5.5, 343 PPm or 0.7EC
AK2 PH 5.6 320 PPm or 0.6 EC

RD1 PH.5.7, 288 PPM, 0.6 EC
RD2 PH 5.7, 252 PPM 0.5 EC
RD3 Ph 5.8, 318 PPM 0.6 EC

AN1 Ph 5.8, 339 ppm or 0.7 EC
An2 PH 5.6, 297 ppm or 0.6 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 313 PPM or 06 EC
An4 PH 5.6 273 PPM or 0.6 Ec

Tonight going in 5.8PH and 346ppm or 0.7 EC
Ak 1 Ph 5.4 424 PPm or 0.85 EC
AK2 PH 5.5 371 PPm or 0.8 EC

RD1 PH.5.6, 339 PPM, 0.7 EC
RD2 PH 5.6, 298 PPM 0.6 EC
RD3 Ph 5.7, 384 PPM 0.8 EC

AN1 Ph 5.7, 380 ppm or 0.8 EC
An2 PH 5.5, 353 ppm or 0.7 EC
AN3 PH 5.5, 376 PPM or 0.8 EC
An4 PH 5.6 318 PPM or 0.6 Ec

Am gettting very frustrated with these now, i just dont get what they are playing at.
I was really hopin the last flush was gonna sort them out, but it doesnt seem to have worked this time.
To be honest i feel like just upping the PH , and trying to force some PK down them. I know that this is not the answer, but they dont seem to be responding to textbook stuff?
they are budding up well, well most of them are, the RD3 is behind and showing Mg def again.

ill get some pics if it helps, let me know which ones you would like a look at?

hope your weekend is going better than mine lol.
take it easy,
Bill

bigbadbillybob
23-02-14, 09:56 PM
They are showing some def now mate,quite a few of them to be honest, here is AK 1. Its not all over, mostly the bud leaves
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_39.JPG
Another of ak1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_38.JPGafew tips showing nute burn

here is dwarf 3, the Mg def one
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_22.JPG
Again you can see the bud is not that developed
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_22.JPG

and a couple of the anubis. anubis 1 i think, yeloowing on the lewft had side tips
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/015_Small_7.JPG

rd 3 i reckon
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/014_Small_8.JPG

and anubis 2 ihere
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/017_Small_8.JPG

havnt fed them till i hear from you bud.

ironjustice
23-02-14, 10:38 PM
Hi mate, right just catching up here now..

right this is no good mate, your going to have to do the plain ph'd water flush again and get the ph back up mat... im currently having the same problem with one of my autos its doing my nut in and thats just one plant..

flush them mate, what is the background of your water? if its near seven then put it through and keep periodically testing it until its at 6.0. we need to get the ph back up in the pots quick time.. i would suggest what i have just done and thats a foliar feed of calmag but your buds look to far long to risk it with mould... so the only way of doing this imo is by flushing again, this isnt ideal but they are spitting nutrients at very low EC levels.. then once they are a 6.0 mix up a feed with just a and b at 0.5 or something really low and get that through them...

fucking scratching my head on this one buddy, i could understand it if we hammered them with nutrients but we have been so gentle and careful it just doesnt make sense..

and sorry for my lack of replies.. i didn't see the posts till now, im a fucking tard at times dude sorry... just got back on the road so have been out and about on my new scooter in the pissing rain and dark lol its funny how you forget how much you enjoy some things...

as it goes your buds are looking ok mate.. forget the fucked looking leaves, thats part of the parcel of autos in flower, take a look at my think different the leaves are fucked but its huge and all the mass has come in the last few weeks mate.. and looking at yours i would say you have another 3-4 weeks in some of them...

lets get this sorted now mate, everytime we start getting back on the right track we get fucked over again :kill:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
23-02-14, 10:39 PM
Sppooky i just pmd you, psyke

ironjustice
23-02-14, 10:42 PM
lol yeah as i replied to the thread i seen the message... spooky lol

bigbadbillybob
25-02-14, 12:03 AM
hiya mate, ive just finished flushing these cunting plants again, took 2 bathfulls this time lol. First few didnt really take that much to glush out to 5.8Ph last 3 were taking a while till i checked the calibration of the ph pen, again and its 0.4 out, grrr, anyway turned out they were at 5.8 as well, so that was good

Right thought i, lets get them fed, time for a small feed, gave them PH 6.0 and 245ppm or 0.5 EC
Your not gonna believe this, but coming out we have;

Ak 1 5.5ph and 147ppm or 0.3
Ak 2 5.5 Ph and 144 ppm or 0.3
Checked my ph pen again cos i didnt believe it!! It was calibrated still.

Rd1 5.5ph and 150ppm or 0.3
Rd2 5.6 ph and 127ppm or 0.3
rd3 5.7ph and 135ppm or 0.3

An1 5.8 ph and 113ppm or 0.2
An2 5.5ph and 165ppm or 0.3
An3 5.6ph and 111 ppm or 0.2
An4 5.6ph and 103ppm or 0.2.

So the feckin Ph is still dropping, but they are feeding so i suppose i keep it at this for tomorrow and see what happens.
By my reckoning we are on day 58, so not long to go. I will check the trichs tomorrow, but last ime i looked they were pretty much all cloudy.

Hey ho, and on we go eh?

ironjustice
25-02-14, 12:40 AM
hey fucking ho indeed mate.. honestly i am at a loss with this one, same as with my chiesel mate.. i flushed the fuck out of her, fed her ec dropped by 0.2 3 days in a row checked ph and it was 5.1? fucked if i know, its got me stumped but shes fattening up and the ec is falling so unless the ec fairies are knicking the feed she has to be feeding lol i have stopped checking ph runoff as it has just had me running around like a headless chicken lol

just give them this feed again, ph 6.0-6.2 and EC of 0.5 and work our way up again... :kill:

sorry dude i feel like i am failing you here, but i cant for the life of me work out whats going on :(

IJ

bigbadbillybob
25-02-14, 10:06 PM
Dont worry mate, your not failing me, you have probably saved this grow loads of times.
I am also at a loss, i searched high and low on tinterweb for answers and there are none.
I am putting it down to the shite coco, the pebbles at the bottom of the pots, and have learned loads from this diary. I gave them another feed tonight, and to be honest, im at the stage where i just wish this grow was over, and i could start over again, with propoer coco, nutes and clay balls at the bases. Not long to go now anyways.
Figures going in 6.0 PH and 240ppm or 0.5 EC

Coming out;

Ak 1 5.5ph and 294 ppm or 0.6
Ak 2 5.7 Ph and 250 ppm or 0.5

Rd1 5.6 ph and 246 ppm or 0.5
Rd2 5.7 ph and 217 ppm or 0.4
rd3 5.7 ph and 243 ppm or 053

An1 5.7 ph and 236 ppm or 0.5
An2 5.6ph and 237 ppm or 0.5
An3 5.5ph and 240 ppm or 0.5
An4 5.6ph and 217 ppm or 0.4

So Ph dropping and feed about the same.

I was gonna give them this again, and if it stays the same, give them a healthy dose of Pk with less A and B to see if they take any on board, to try and get some beef on the buds..
I dunno what else to try.
Depite the figures they look hungry.

Do you reckon its worth a shot?

ironjustice
25-02-14, 11:06 PM
mate they are hungry.. they just cant get at the feed they want because they are locked out...

the only thing i can come close to thinking of as a solution is going in with a much higher ph and see where that leads us.. what is your base ph again?

this is a right head banger aint it mate..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
25-02-14, 11:39 PM
Yeah, not half.
my tap Ph fluctuates between 7.0 and 7.2.
Do you think i should maybe try something like 6.6ph and keep the feed at 0.5ec? Or do i up the feed too?
i noticed that a lot of the coco has been washed out of the pots (probably with all the flushing, should i cover the roots with fresh coco.? I dont suppose it will make a huge difference, its only on a few plants.

ironjustice
26-02-14, 02:47 AM
right get them roots covered up mate, they dont like the light so that wont be helping but its not the end of the world lol

and yeah, go in with a ph of 6.5 and give them an EC of 0.5 with 1ml pk and the rest a and b, we can give this a shot and see what happens dude... its got to be worth a go eh? lol

sorry for my late reply as well, in the middle of trimming up my big TD thats a lot bigger than i thought... lol

bigbadbillybob
27-02-14, 10:01 PM
ok mate im back again. Bigger than you thought eh? thats always a good complaint to have lol.
I fed them last night again at 6.5 Ph and 254ppm or 0.5 EC
coming out was
Ak 1 5.6 ph and 344 ppm or 0.7
Ak 2 5.7 Ph and 277 ppm or 0.6

Rd1 5.7 ph and 272 ppm or 0.6
Rd2 5.7 ph and 245 ppm or 0.5
rd3 5.7 ph and 283 ppm or 0.6

An1 5.7 ph and 271 ppm or 0.6
An2 5.6ph and 272 ppm or 0.6
An3 5.8ph and 285 ppm or 0.6
An4 5.7ph and 254 ppm or 0.5

Tonight i went with a dose of mollasses, 1 ml/litre of pK and PH down to 6.6PH, feed at 283 or 0.6

Ak 1 5.2ph and 384 ppm or 0.8
Ak 2 5.5 Ph and 320 ppm or 0.6

Rd1 5.5 ph and 317 ppm or 0.6
Rd2 5.6 ph and 277 ppm or 0.6
rd3 5.6 ph and 340 ppm or 0.7

An1 5.5 ph and 311 ppm or 0.6
An2 5.5ph and 306 ppm or 0.6
An3 5.4ph and 308 ppm or 0.6
An4 5.6ph and 273 ppm or 0.6

the good news is that they are nearing the end, cos i checked the trichs tonight and 9 of them have between 10 and 30 % amber trichs. the other 3 have only a few ambers
It seems bizzare, cos they are only about 60 days old, but well, to be honest ill be glad to see the back of this grow.
im just gonna give them feed till next Tuesday, try getting some Pk down them, then flush for a week or so, then chop chop chop. Im gonna not feed them tomorrow, to try and dry the pots out slightly, to try and get some resin outa them, on the principle that if they aint got juice they will transpire through thier leaves. its a bit of a hazy theory, but what the hell il give it a go.
Its been a learning curve this grow, and short of getting fungus gnats i think we have had more than our fair share of issues, so next time should be easier.
Despite al the problems, they have still produced bud as well, but it will be no where near the original target of 30 Oz, thats for sure, i will hazard a guess at about half that, which ids fine by me, but it just means im gonna have to do my next grow sooner than i hoped, (what a hardship eh? lol)
I really got to thank you bud, for sticking with this grow, and bailing me out of the shite more than a few times.
Its been a blast, and i will be back with some pre chop pics, and of course the final weights and smoke report.

Unless you have any last minute advice bud?

Cheers for all your help so far, you are a diamond geez.
Peace
Bill.

ironjustice
27-02-14, 11:56 PM
hi bill mate.. well, i dont know what to say if i am honest mate.. i really feel i have let you down here bud.. things have been against us from day one, and everytime we would get back on track the same fucking thing would happen and knock us back... im as surprised as you are that they are almost done, but then maybe that might be something that has happened here and they have been stunted or something early on.. happened on my second grow, and a few of ours only yielded a couple of oz each..

im glad you have learned something.. even if its that im a useless prick lol but am just gutted that things didnt go according to plan.. last minute advice? nah mate, you do as you said try and force some feed down them.. ignore the runoffs and get the feed in them is what i would be doing now, and then flush the fuckers as you say.. its the only thing i can think of myself, and i know its not exactly a scientific apprach but fuck it lol

watch yourself letting the pots dry out mate... they can look fine one minute and be dropping over the next lol

your a top bloke bill and its been a pleasure doing this with you, and although we didnt hit the target you have got some bud and hopefully it will be a decent smoke.. look forward to more pics and the final results mate, and sorry again that it didnt work out as we wished..

:bigjoint:

bigbadbillybob
28-02-14, 12:30 AM
Hey man, its not your fault they didnt soar, if anything its mine. i fi had got the right coco, clay balls etc at the start, and put them on a 20-4 from the start inistead of 24-0 lightingg schedule, i am certain things would have been different. Its just one of these things , some are good, some not so good, and i aint bothered,supposing i only get 10 Oz out of it, its 10 more than i have just now aint it? It will keep me going till the next harvest, for sure.
They would have been frazzled if i had done it myself, because i literally didnt have much of a clue when we started this. You have NO WAY let me down mate, the exact opposite i would say, you taught me loads, that will be used on future grows. I really cant thank you enough for sticking with it, and answering every day virtually.

I had another look tonight, and they are definitely ambers everywhere, so im just gonna go straight to flush.
I presume i just throw un- Phed tap water at them for a few days, is that right.

I would like to have them choppoed, trimmed etc by Monday if possible, cos some nosey old cunt is coming round to look at the house on tuesday, and i can hardly show her around and say " this is the lounge, this is the bedroom, and and this is where i grow my weed,lol), so its gonna have to get packed up and in to the loft outa the way. Its actually worked out pretty well tiiming wise, if i can chop them on, say Sunday/ or Monday, I will just put the buds in a big cardboard box, and tape it up so it doesnt stink the house out , then re set up my small tent to dry them, then obviously a week or so later, ill jar them up, and start burping them

Do you think this will be enough time to flush them, given that they only got Pk at 1ml/litre and mollasses tonight?
What do you think buddy?

Let me know, cheers

ironjustice
28-02-14, 02:40 AM
well flushing is one of them things mate, they are ready when they are ready.. what i have started doing is 3 weeks before the chop i take of the majority of the big fans, so do away with them.... then stick a fuck load of un ph'd water through straight out of the tap mate.. the idea is to lock them out so they strip stored nutes.. and once the sugar leaf starts to yellow they are flushed and clean ime... that can be anything from 5 days onwards mate, but i have smoked unflushed bud grown in coco full of pk and that wasn't that bad :p

as for the other stuff mate, i am glad you feel that way buddy i really am.. its a complete head banger cos i just cant pin down what it was, maybe a combination of several things.. i dunno, but glad you are getting some bud out of it and it wasnt a complete wash out lol

and i dare you to say that to the woman when she comes round, get a hidden camera up as i want to see her face.. lol

Peace mate..

IJ

bigbadbillybob
01-03-14, 03:27 PM
ha ha might do that!
Thier final cutain call pic wise. I stripped a load of leaves off them last nite, if only to save me time when they get the chop. I gotta say i was a bit surprised at the size of the colas. They are definitely stunted, but are fat assed, so it looks like i might get a surprise come weigh day, (heres hoping)
Anyway ithink i might put water through them twice a day til Monday in the hope that it flushes the crap outa them.
Hopefully it will be ok, we ll see.
Any ways heres the pics
AK1
Anubis 4 the stunted c*nted one there are a few of them that seem to have skipped the stretch phase of the growth pattern, this being the worst offender. Its got out of the ground and just grown like a bush, with the colas virtually growing on top of each other Its a freak, but it smeells sweet.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/011_Small_17.JPG
Anubis 3
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/009_Small_23.JPG
anubis 2 this is a cola shot, you can see that they are growing outwards instead of upwards.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/008_Small_24.JPG
Anubis 1
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/007_Small_23.JPG
royal dwarf 3, the Mg def one
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/006_Small_24.JPG
royal dwarf 2, quite small and fat
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/004_Small_40.JPG
Royal dawf 3 again, this was the tallest plant!! dwarf, my arse!
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/005_Small_35.JPG
royal dwarf 1 here, short and fat
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/003_Small_39.JPG
Ak 2 this one looks almost normal ha ha
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/002_Small_41.JPG
And finally AK 1
shes also a goodun
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3949/medium/001_Small_35.JPG

final weigh in later, with some chop pics as well, if i have time.
Cheers for looking.

ironjustice
01-03-14, 05:52 PM
Bill mate what the fuck? i was expecting them to be far far worse than what they look lol i mean, the stunted anibus is like humphs turd plant from the TD comp.. but the others, although not works of art lol, look like they have some fair amount of bud on them fella!!! thank fuck for that, i can put the razor blades away now :p but seriously mate i think, considering it was a battle from the start, that they actually look pretty fucking decent!! just hope they smoke ok for ya now buddy!

as you say, defo stunted.. im gonna go back and have a look through this whole diary from start to finish and see if i can pick up on anything i missed out before.....

looking forward to the pics and final result matey!!

IJ

bigbadbillybob
01-03-14, 09:38 PM
i think it mast have been because there was so much leaf on them, i didnt notice how fat they were getting ha ha.

ironjustice
02-03-14, 02:25 PM
lol well its not a bad thing mate so we shouldnt moan to much.. but it defo cheered me up thats for sure, so you must have been loving it when you seen how much was there :D

happy days!!!

bigbadbillybob
03-03-14, 06:06 PM
hi matey, howa it going.
Its D day tomorrow, i have a woman coming round to see the house, hopefully she wont buy iy, but whatever will be will be.

Anyway im taking a half day, to take the tent and all the shit down before she arrives.

Im planning stashing the plants tent lights etc etc in the shed, but cant do anything about the smell, and they are honking.

I dont really want to chop them just yet, as they have only been flushed for a few days.
i reckon my best bet is to put them inside bin bags and tie a knot in the top, for say, 6-8 hours, to stop the stink getting out?
Do you think they will die in this airtight enviromnet

or have you any other good ideas?

Let me know bud?

Im gonna have to re-set up the tent anyway after she fucks off.

ironjustice
03-03-14, 08:15 PM
mate that is the only thing you can do.. main thing i would be concerned about is rot setting in but as long as they aint in there to long you should be alright.. i think lol

bigbadbillybob
05-03-14, 06:47 PM
bitch never showed up man to see the house, oh well, at least she told me in the morning as i had the afternoon booked off for packing the groom down, but i dont have to. Im half way through trimming them they are small colas, but fat as fook, one of them muts be 6 inches across. so not a complete loss after all, woop woop.
I am up in court this week for the divorce, so celebrated my freedom, by cracking some seeds for the next grow, im going with the Ogre by lowrider, NL blue by delicious and anesthesia, by pyramid, am going coco again, but am ordering new coco and clay balls the night. I pulled one or two plants out the pots to check the roots, and they look all good. the stones at the bottom are green tho, so maybe they had a bacterial infection or something, i dunno. Roota ll looked white, and all over the edges of the coco, little bit brown at the ends, but i wasnt using the zym for a week or so at the end as i ran out.
I aint gonna do a diary with these, cos, lets face it, its only you and me who visit it. I will post up some progress pics as they go along, unless they are spectacularly good lol.

Will post up weights etc when they are dried.
Cheers bud, hope your grows are growing well (see what i did there?),

ironjustice
06-03-14, 12:59 AM
lol fucking slag.. find out where she lives and post a shit parcel through her letter box :laugh: but sounds like it worked out well in the end and sounds like you had a fun afternoon.. sore fingers from all the trimming? :p

thats fucking great news that there is more to them than you thought... thats made me happy, no imagine what it would be like if everything went well?? lol

nearly ordered a pack of the anesthesia myself the other day but went for royal queen seeds amnesia haze auto.. want to see how it stacks up against the dinafem offering as that was pretty fucking good, and they both used the same cut of ammo from what i can gather... and i do love a nice bit of ammo myself!!

good lick in court mate and hope she gets fuck all.. lol

thats mad with the stones having algae on them, i have never seen that before on stones that are in the bottom of the pot so maybe that had something to do with it?

and do put a diary up mate, the reason no fucker visits these is cos they are mentored threads.. stick a diary up and me and all the other coco heads will help you out still if you need it, and i want to see your next grow anyway bud...

cheers mate, and yes they are all growing well.. lol the chiesel auto needs tying up as the colas are beginning to sag in places.. and the delahaze and the blue dream only have a couple of weeks left and its chop time.. the buku will deffo get another week of feed, same with the chiesel maybe.. im gonna flip a couple more in the next week or so as well, no rest for the wicked mate eh?

mon the fat coco colas lol

bigbadbillybob
08-03-14, 07:59 PM
rihty oh bud, they are dried and jarred up for a cure, i didn tmeasure them as ive my wee man this weekend but will estimate 18- 20 odd Oz, so not that bad after
My next batch are ermin with the NL* blue and the anesthesia poppin above the coco already. Ojres ( no letter after F on my keyboard, its a pest, intermittent fault) are a bit behind, but im sure they will make up for it.
Im oin for 9 plants this time and am tareytin 40 Oz. (optimistic, eh) lol.
Ill post up projress report as i jo, but was not plannin doin a full diary.
Ill deffo be pm in you when it all joes shit shaped tho, mate ha ha.
I couldnt jet the canna coco pro from my local jro shop, so ended up just orderin the canna coco, non pro, cos i aint, a pro that is ha ha.

Hope you're enjoyin the ped and the freedom mate, and i suppose this could be moved to completed diaries. Ill post some pics of my full jars, and a smoke report later, when Mr toots is in his bed.

bigbadbillybob
08-03-14, 11:06 PM
here we are, niot too shabby,
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/016_Small_8.JPG
They shrunk like fuck when dried, and i reckon i dried them too quick. I didnt want to take too lonj cos some of them were really thick, so i put the heater in and timed it for 15 mins every hour, bi mistake, left them a day, went back and put em on 15 mins every 2 hours, much better but too late, they are a bit flash dried to be honest. The cure may save them, they smell fruity, but i kknow it shoulda taken lonjer dryin them.
Never mind, its a smoke innit!

larje thanks for all your help with this jrow mate, i couldnt have done it without ya. I fookin luv ya Ij ah doo.
I know it isnt really wahat we wanted result wise, but there is a shit load of weed for me here, and i have learned masses.
See you in the diary section bud. Take care, and peace out buddy.

ironjustice
09-03-14, 01:15 AM
oi oi Bill mate.. well that looks like a decent amount of bud... judging by the size of the jars i would say an easy 20oz, heading more in the direction of 25 imo.. but i shall await your weigh in results before i start cracking open the champers etc lol but seriously mate, thats a fuck load more than i thought there was gonna be.... and will surely keep you busy for a while :mr:

as for the quick drying i had it happen to me and it came good after a couple of weeks in the jars... i have enjoyed this mate, its been a right old rollercoaster of a ride with all the ups and downs etc... and i am always about if you need any help buddy you know that.... as you said it wasn't what we wanted, but the jars are looking nice and full so ok we didnt hit the target, but mission still accomplished at the same time..

take it easy bill and i look forward to some bud porn shots and smoke reports..

Also would like to say you have been great to mentor, and its been a pleasure to do from start to finish.. see you round the forum dude!!! :bigjoint:

IJ

bigbadbillybob
10-03-14, 07:37 PM
well mate, weihed them up toniht, and while they miht lose a little durin the cure we have.................................drumroll..... ...........................
24 ounces, and 18 jrams. woo hoo, that'll do nicely. much better than i thouht. i thouht about 18-20, sio itsa result.
ive resisted smokin till they are cured, so that wil be my final report, in a week or two hopefully . in the meantime, im chuffed tae fuck.
They are also smellin more now that they are in the jars, so they should be ok and my over dryin didnt harm them too much, i hope.
Only the smoke will tell.

Cheers bud,

Oh aye., and mon the coco.

ironjustice
11-03-14, 03:34 AM
well i am good at guessing my weights aint i.. i said an easy 20 and more heading towards 25 :p

mate im well chuffed for you and i think as we got over 80% of your target i think we didn't do a bad hob after all eh? fair play mate, that a heck of a result for a grow that was riddled with problems lol now get one going that runs like clockwork and see the real magic happen!

well chuffed for you mate i really am.. mon the fucking coco!!!!

all the best mate its been a pleasure :mr: