PDA

View Full Version : ecovroom web design

evo
03-09-07, 02:13 PM
Hi all, I'm still workin on this for a client and want to get some feedback off the public.
I'm about 50% done on this, then I have to code it.
http://sitepointstatic.com/contests/contestentries/3141/185883-large.png

Bitterfly
03-09-07, 02:15 PM
that looks top notch man, i mean, i really cant see any faults in it, plus its only gonna get better isnt it?

great stuff man, wish i had some talent like that

kv1893
03-09-07, 02:20 PM
that look excellent evo mate.

how did you get into web design m8 if you dont mind me asking.

college?uni? self taught? am interested in getting into this

evo
03-09-07, 02:40 PM
cheers guys :)

anyways back when I was 9 I made a pokemon website on homestead.com (when it was free), then at 11 I taught myself HTML and started to learn how to design websites from scratch. At 12 me and friend from canada opened up a pokemon site called PokeX which got quite big and populer and I joined different design forums.
Then at 13 I started to doing work for friends for a little money and got better and better, learning new things, subscribed to Computer Arts eyc.
At 16 I went to college to do a BTEC National Diploma in Multimedia (2 years), just to get some sort of qualification in that area, which I passed and ended up doing 2 other short courses, one in Game Design and one in 3D animation, which I again passed :)

So thats it really, all self taught.

kv1893
03-09-07, 03:38 PM

anyways back when I was 9 I made a pokemon website on homestead.com (when it was free), then at 11 I taught myself HTML and started to learn how to design websites from scratch. At 12 me and friend from canada opened up a pokemon site called PokeX which got quite big and populer and I joined different design forums.
Then at 13 I started to doing work for friends for a little money and got better and better, learning new things, subscribed to Computer Arts eyc.
At 16 I went to college to do a BTEC National Diploma in Multimedia (2 years), just to get some sort of qualification in that area, which I passed and ended up doing 2 other short courses, one in Game Design and one in 3D animation, which I again passed :)

nice evo. good stuff my man. been looking at getting into this like i say. just college courses and the like arent really specific to one thing, more a combination of stuff so its just tough to decide where to start.

cheers for that though fella

have a :beer:

evo
03-09-07, 03:41 PM
There are a couple of courses worth looking into, especially multimedia, that will help a lot.

lkdj2003
03-09-07, 03:55 PM
All looking tip top to me evo mate. :toke:

That is one hell of a talent you have there. :cowboy:

Grape101
03-09-07, 06:44 PM
That's spot on mate!

evo
03-09-07, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys, here's an update.
http://sitepointstatic.com/contests/contestentries/3141/186559-large.png

sweetsinner
03-09-07, 10:10 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so sleek and clean...

love it!!

Fantastic work Evo, you have talent by the shed loads x

evo
03-09-07, 10:16 PM
Cheers sweet :)
this is for a contest, so if you guys are interested in the competition so far (1 week left) check this link
http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/contest/3141

sweetsinner
03-09-07, 10:30 PM
Evo have you ever used www.scriptlance.com? good for extra pennys. you bid for a job :)

evo
03-09-07, 10:54 PM
I remember having a look at it a few years ago. Thanks for the link sweet:)

will76
04-09-07, 05:01 PM
thats a nice bit of work youve done there evo, hoping that you win it m8

wooger
14-09-07, 09:07 PM

Hey Evo,

I too am a web developer by trade! wowee small worls eh!

your design there looks spot on matey, how are you going to do the final coding. HTML, CSS or is it flash based?

I am currently getting my head around pure css, designing without any tables at all is a right head fuck when you have been using table layouts for the last 7 years!

Still, I will get there in the end!

Keep up the good work :)

Wooger

Kamikazai
15-09-07, 02:04 PM
I also started out web-design using HTML that I learned as a child, but for the last couple of years I've been using all CSS. It's not too hard to figure out but much more dynamic. :)

CSS > HTML

sweetsinner
15-09-07, 05:01 PM
Mmmm....css.. i likes it :)

evo
16-09-07, 03:29 PM
You can't use CSS only, otherwise you have no content or a page to apply it too.

Anyways, I didn't win.

will76
16-09-07, 03:31 PM
sorry yo hear that m8,

wooger
18-09-07, 03:23 PM
You can't use CSS only, otherwise you have no content or a page to apply it too.

Anyways, I didn't win.

Bad luck Evo :( I thought your design was actually the best of the bunch.

Regarding CSS, I aggree you have to make the DOC declaration and have some basic HTML ie, <head></head><body></body>

But you can pretty much do away with all those nasty <table> <font> <strong> and <br> tags through the usage of well defined beautiful style sheets.

There are many benefits of this approach over HTML especially the ease with which you can completely alter the look and feel of a site with just a few changes to the style sheet.

A good site to take a peek at is

http://www.renegadezen.com

This is a perfect example of style sheet usage, with the bare essentials of HTML.

Cheers :)

D
18-09-07, 03:28 PM
I also started out web-design using HTML that I learned as a child, but for the last couple of years I've been using all CSS. It's not too hard to figure out but much more dynamic. :)

CSS > HTML

XHTML > CSS/HTML ;)

Evo that layout is fantastic, much better than the rest.. shame you lost though mate =[

evo
18-09-07, 04:43 PM
Bad luck Evo :( I thought your design was actually the best of the bunch.

Regarding CSS, I aggree you have to make the DOC declaration and have some basic HTML ie, <head></head><body></body>

But you can pretty much do away with all those nasty <table> <font> <strong> and <br> tags through the usage of well defined beautiful style sheets.

There are many benefits of this approach over HTML especially the ease with which you can completely alter the look and feel of a site with just a few changes to the style sheet.

A good site to take a peek at is

http://www.renegadezen.com

This is a perfect example of style sheet usage, with the bare essentials of HTML.

Cheers :)

Thanks man.
I know about getting rid of <table><tr><td><font><u><b><i> etc etc, but I was under the impression kamakazi meant completely eliminating the whole xhtml document.

XHTML > CSS/HTML ;)

Evo that layout is fantastic, much better than the rest.. shame you lost though mate =[

XHTML, CSS > HTML :p

Cheers man, do you wanna buy it? :p

D
18-09-07, 05:17 PM
Thanks man.
I know about getting rid of <table><tr><td><font><u><b><i> etc etc, but I was under the impression kamakazi meant completely eliminating the whole xhtml document.

XHTML, CSS > HTML :p

Cheers man, do you wanna buy it? :p

Haha I would, but I have no use for it sadly..

Maybe you could eBay it?

lkdj2003
25-09-07, 10:49 PM
Unlucky evo mate. Still, atleast you still have that skill of yours. :headbang: