PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream ....?

Farmweed
06-06-09, 01:26 AM
Hey fella's

i finally bit the bullet and got me some paradise seeds. I went for the Ice Cream. I've always wanted to try some of this strain and with it being my birthday i convinced the misses i deserved the treat lol !!

I live in the uk and have been vegging 3 of em under a 3oowatt CFL for 30 days. what i wanted to ask is, if i was to put one outside this month would it flower and survive in the south of england? just wanted to see the difference in yield.

Anyone have any feedback on the strain?

cheers

Dredlock
06-06-09, 08:04 AM
no mate it wont flower in uk now until around september october time and finish november, To keep it simple you need to give your plants 12 hours day and 12 hours night to get them on the flowering cycle hope I helped a little....

shark
06-06-09, 11:37 AM
ice cream is a great plant. it seems to have 2 phenos, one of which is very very smelly, mmmmm..

nice plants, very fast to flower, will take around 6 weeks on 12/12 to finish.
best of luck with them..hope you get the smelly one..its the dogs...

Farmweed
06-06-09, 12:05 PM
Hey Sharkfactor.

Cheers for that buddy, 6 weeks is pretty quick as a finisher.
I'm just hoping they will be alright outdoors for the next 3-4 months.

And Dred cheers for the help man, but i think you took me a bit to literally.... What i was after was to find out if they would survive outside going into october, i understand the light cycle.

Also Shark do you know if they respond well to bondage, super cropping, topping etc? Because i read they are primarily a one main khola plant

cheers guys, i will put a grow diary together once i have a decent camera

shark
06-06-09, 09:50 PM
it sure does!!!

here's mine.. it won plant of the month march..

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/DSC00642.JPG

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=8606&page=6

i got almost 3oz of very smelly buds from that bitch.. was a lovely smoke, it smelled like athletes foot! lol..

Farmweed
09-06-09, 12:54 PM
Wow man...

Looked sweet, i hope to get something looking that creamy.

Have you got any tips or advice on how to maximize yield out of these ladies...?

or any strain problems you encountered? I heard they were tricky to clone aswell?

any help much appreciated dude.... im not used to paying quite so much for seeds wanna get the best results

popefull27
09-06-09, 08:49 PM
is purple cream an ice cream phenotype?

Dredlock
15-06-09, 04:14 PM
Hey Sharkfactor.

Cheers for that buddy, 6 weeks is pretty quick as a finisher.
I'm just hoping they will be alright outdoors for the next 3-4 months.

And Dred cheers for the help man, but i think you took me a bit to literally.... What i was after was to find out if they would survive outside going into october, i understand the light cycle.

Also Shark do you know if they respond well to bondage, super cropping, topping etc? Because i read they are primarily a one main khola plant

cheers guys, i will put a grow diary together once i have a decent camera

Sorry bro lolol totaly missed ya point hahahaha bet ya thought WTF LOLOL

Glad ya got it sorted :)

blurry-vision
15-06-09, 04:18 PM
Yeah you should love the Ice Cream, one of my favourite strains, nice uniform plants with a lovely equal buzz of head high and body stone.

Farmweed
22-06-09, 04:00 PM
Cheers guys, must admit though i'm having some issues germin these little bad boys.

They have been in the wet paper towel for well over a week now... and no sign of poppin. Getting kinda worried now, cause these babies were not cheap

Br4d
22-06-09, 04:21 PM
sorry to hear ur seeds aint germed yet , i had a the same prob with my seeds so i put em in a glass of water advised by big balls and they popped over 48 hrs , gd luck m8

Farmweed
23-06-09, 11:13 AM
Cool bro, i might just try that...

Can anyone tell me the right sorta temp for em to germ?

I can't see a glass of water beeing that warm... but i wanna get these bad boys popped....

shark
23-06-09, 11:30 AM
small glass of water, keep it at room temp.. drop your seeds in.. they will float at first, give them a couple of hours then push them underwater with you finger and they should sink to the bottom.. give them 24hrs, then put them between damp paper towels (i usually use a plate, damp kitchen paper, place in a bag and tie/seal to keep in moisutre..) they should be popped with 48hrs, usually quicker!

hope this helps!

Farmweed
23-06-09, 11:38 AM
Cheers shark...

Just a little strange as paper towel method has always worked for me.....

but these seeds have been in their for like a week and not really changed... i might pop in water for today..... or is it just a bad batch of seeds?

shark
24-06-09, 01:45 AM
maybe... sorry to hear.. they sound dudd..

Farmweed
24-06-09, 01:43 PM
Thats sucks man, this is the second batch of seeds i've bought recently that have been dudds....

Is there not anything i can do, write to em, phone em..... kill em?

thats about 80 bucks worth of seeds....

smirk smiggler
04-07-09, 10:15 PM
get ur ass down to blackpool dude and il happily give you a clone from my stiiiinky mother, soundz like ya deserve em. shame buddy, its an awsum strain. SHARE THE WEED !

Darko
29-07-09, 02:26 PM
get ur ass down to blackpool dude and il happily give you a clone from my stiiiinky mother, soundz like ya deserve em. shame buddy, its an awsum strain. SHARE THE WEED !
lol new members realy should read the rules. talking about giving people clones is against forum rules.

popefull27
30-07-09, 06:05 PM
you know I have heard that if you take matches and rub the side with the sand paper it helps germinate much easier by removing a coat or two of the seed never tried it but then again ive never had this problem

Farmweed
10-08-09, 04:31 PM
Nice one pope....

I did manage to get one popped open. Soaked it in a class of water for 24 hours.... then inbetween some tissue paper for a few days worked a treat

It only small but lookin lovely....

dj #
11-08-09, 01:27 AM
before you attempt to germinate any seedlings keep them in the bottom crisper drawer of your fridge for a few days ;)
this will make a BIG difference to the germination rate of older seedlings, actually any seedlings full stop :)

by the way what kind of yeilder is Ice Cream? small/average/medium/high?

blurry-vision
11-08-09, 01:48 AM
before you attempt to germinate any seedlings keep them in the bottom crisper drawer of your fridge for a few days ;)
this will make a BIG difference to the germination rate of older seedlings, actually any seedlings full stop :)

by the way what kind of yeilder is Ice Cream? small/average/medium/high?

I'd say medium/high, and when I did them they were also very uniform and compact. Bloody good strain.

dj #
11-08-09, 02:21 AM
iv just been checking their website blurry and i think im sold, i'll order some tomorrow after i transfer monies into my dc account and start them as soon as they get here.
iv got a whole garden full of Afghani #1 right now which is about 3 weeks from finishing so this might just work in fine :D

blurry-vision
11-08-09, 02:26 AM
iv just been checking their website blurry and i think im sold, i'll order some tomorrow after i transfer monies into my dc account and start them as soon as they get here.
iv got a whole garden full of Afghani #1 right now which is about 3 weeks from finishing so this might just work in fine :D

Be very surprised if you don't love them, lovely plant. :bong: I really should do them again soon myself..

Farmweed
27-01-10, 07:29 PM
Gentlemen its been a while since i looked at this thread.

And i have to say very impressed with this strain. I moved house about 6 weeks into growing my little baby so was a difficult time for her. Also putting in a new flower room at the new place took longer than expected. so she got pretty tall

Im sorry to say i have no pics.... sorry if you read this far to see em :)

Basically she got to big for my puny 300watt cfl so didn't really maximize yield from the whole plant, but still got an oz and a half of top quality bud. not bad for moving house at the same time.

Really tight compact buds and a beautiful smell when lit, this stuff really is effective... body and mind both pretty wobbly!.

Cured some with a few bits of orange peel and had a even tangier taste, got two seeds left of this bad boy and a few clones... think i found a strain for life!!!

My new grow/flower space is pretty tall and thin so thinking of employing a MH/HPS system for next grow to penetrate the whole plant. LOVE THE CREAM

supra
28-01-10, 02:39 AM
6 weeks to flower... whats the thc content and do they tell you to flower for 6weeks or is that just what your doin?

Farmweed
30-01-10, 08:30 PM
This is from the Paradise site.

What a beauty

Ice Cream expresses a diversity of phenotypes, all of them producing a good, tasty smoke. The common theme is extreme rapid growth and vitality, with healthy large dark green leaves and profuse resin production. Another common theme is a smooth, creamy taste that reminds of ice cream.

All Ice Cream plants give out copious amounts of trichomes, sometimes exhibiting an extremely tight formation of army-style rows of large resin heads. Ice Cream is good as a sea of green or a multi-branch plant. Ice Cream?s response tendencies are sports car like, it?s the Ferrari among the plants.

The buds themselves are white and frosty, with a hint of vanilla. The smoke is smooth, with faint undertones of skunk and pine. For both gardeners and tokers, Ice Cream offers vigor and diversity under a smooth vanilla coating.
Type: Indica/Sativa (60/40)
Flowering: 55-60 days indoors. Outdoors, early October (n.L.)
Yield: 500 grams per m2 indoors. Outdoors 500+ grams per plant
Environment: Indoors. Outdoors between 50? n.L. and 50? s.L..
Effect/Buzz: Trippy, equal head and body
Smell/Taste: Creamy vanilla with undertones of skunk and pine
THC: 15-18%