PDA

View Full Version : The importance of curing

asci
08-09-07, 01:11 PM
As I'm running low on smoke, I thought it was time to raid the back of the cupboard where I've been curing some white russian form my first grow (chopped Dec 06). My word, just opening the jar got my mouth watering as the smell is stunning...

I had one joint and the taste and smell was out of this world! If you ever get the chance to cure for this amount of time go for it... :)

Bitterfly
08-09-07, 02:02 PM
As I'm running low on smoke, I thought it was time to raid the back of the cupboard where I've been curing some white russian form my first grow (chopped Dec 06). My word, just opening the jar got my mouth watering as the smell is stunning...

I had one joint and the taste and smell was out of this world! If you ever get the chance to cure for this amount of time go for it... :)

oh mate thats immense, i totally agree, curing is the way to go...never been able to do that long though..

you wouldnt have any pics would ya??

asci
08-09-07, 04:10 PM
Will do mate, gotta get my update sorted in a bit.. :)

asci
09-09-07, 03:05 AM
White Russian, 8 months curing..

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7697/8thsep014ij9.jpg

WTL
09-09-07, 08:01 AM
That looks tasty as hell mate, what did she smoke like?

EDIT: Good to see you back dude, not been the same without our storm tropper on duty.

asci
09-09-07, 08:39 AM
That looks tasty as hell mate, what did she smoke like?

EDIT: Good to see you back dude, not been the same without our storm tropper on duty.

really smooth she was.

And thanks dude.. :)

Midnight Toker
09-09-07, 10:27 AM
:Nice: ASCI,

I've also put aside a couple of G's of ground bud from my 1st Ak48 for a rainy day.

D
09-09-07, 08:41 PM
That looks bloody lush asci! :p

Welcome back btw mate.. :)

I've also put aside a couple of G's of ground bud from my 1st Ak48 for a rainy day.

But most days in our wonderful country are rainy? :p

Midnight Toker
09-09-07, 09:11 PM
At least i wont need to worry about it going off :deviltoker:

sweetsinner
09-09-07, 11:12 PM
My goodness... beautiful piccys Asci, my mouth is now drooling thats for sure... Mmmm.. I really would love to be able to trust myself not to raid it on a dry week... !

lkdj2003
09-09-07, 11:44 PM
That sure does look very very tasty. :drool:

Like sweet said, i think i would be tempted before that period of time. MMMmmm soft fluffy nuggs.. :joint: :D

Bitterfly
10-09-07, 12:27 AM
now that is FUKING BUD!!!

asci
12-09-07, 04:03 PM

Good man! It's well worth it mate

That looks bloody lush asci! :p

Welcome back btw mate.. :)

Thanks man, it smells even better than it looks... :) And yeah mate, it's good to be back. Things still haven't settled but then I didn't expect them to just yet.

My goodness... beautiful piccys Asci, my mouth is now drooling thats for sure... Mmmm.. I really would love to be able to trust myself not to raid it on a dry week... !

thanks babe, you really have to put some aside, even if it's just once. You have to experience long cured bud..

That sure does look very very tasty. :drool:

Like sweet said, i think i would be tempted before that period of time. MMMmmm soft fluffy nuggs.. :joint: :D

lol, I had planned to save it till xmas but as with everything else, plans have changed..

now that is FUKING BUD!!!

lol, you don't mix your words bro hehe

Grape101
12-09-07, 05:22 PM
Does curing for such along time cause the potency to decrease atall?

Bitterfly
12-09-07, 06:03 PM
Does curing for such along time cause the potency to decrease atall?

no, the antithesis in fact, oxidation occurs, which degrades THC; this increases Cannabinol (CBN) and Cannabidiol (CBD), the chemicals associated with the 'couchlock' high

Grape101
12-09-07, 06:46 PM
no, the antithesis in fact, oxidation occurs, which degrades THC; this increases Cannabinol (CBN) and Cannabidiol (CBD), the chemicals associated with the 'couchlock' high

Yeah but if the THC degrades then the high also degrages. You just feel like you have a ton of bricks strapped to your feet.

Bitterfly
12-09-07, 09:58 PM
Yeah but if the THC degrades then the high also degrages. You just feel like you have a ton of bricks strapped to your feet.

oh sorry mate i just thought you meant high in general, yeah, your right, but a lot of people prefer the couchlock effect, so for them curing is a good idea.

although if you dont theres nothing like the first spliff of your harvest, when the thc is at its peek!:joint:

asci
13-09-07, 08:52 AM
yeah I suppose it does but you still get a really nice buzz from it. The thing is, I chopped them while most of the trics were clear to milky so there was no real couchlock but a lovely stonedness. Now it produces both... ;)