PDA

View Full Version : Mh vs dual spec lights

Woodfire
24-04-14, 10:57 AM
Has anybody tested the 2 side by side and what did you find out? I've got critical jack and critical + growing, half the critical jack under mh and the other half under dual spec same with the critcal and from what I can see the ones under the dual spec are bigger I've got about about another week or 2 veg then I'll be swapping the mh for the hps can't wait to see what the buds turn out like under the different types of lamps I think the dual spec will be better as your supposed to have a mix of mh and hps. I'll find out the exact names of bulbs and upload some pics when I get them :)

C.K.Watt
24-04-14, 11:02 AM
Would it not have to be clones to do a test?

The my should have a smaller node spacing than the hps.

Woodfire
24-04-14, 12:35 PM
It would be a fairer test with cutting but mine are from seeds that's why I asked if anybody else had tried it to see if they thought the same as me because I've got 4 lights 2 with dual spec bulbs and the plants under them are bigger bushier seems bit of a coincidence that I managed to put the best seeds from 2 strains under the dual specs

Dual spec
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_00029.jpg

MH
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_00014.jpg

C.K.Watt
24-04-14, 12:41 PM
Can't tell shit from those photos mate lol

Bushier as in more leaf?

Could just be a coincidence, not that far fetched.

As I say have a look at the node spacing that's the benefits of mh in veg. They run hotter also so maybe that can shorten the height?

Woodfire
24-04-14, 12:50 PM
As soon as I posted the post I looked at the pics and thought there don't look much difference lol
Lights are off now so can't have a look, have you tried different bulbs? I'll be interested in the final result of the buds are seeing if there is a difference

C.K.Watt
24-04-14, 01:02 PM
Used mh for veg before and then switch to a hps duel spec for flower.
Gives me tighter nodes....lol