PDA

View Full Version : Co2

allahu_akbar
15-09-07, 05:48 AM
I read 'quickly' through the CO2 sticky and I didnt notice anything about soda water

Plants need CO2 right?
Does 'Soda Water' have CO2 in it? (i might be wrong here, if so dont even bother reading below)

Could you water your plants with soda water and would the roots take it in, or would this be bad for it.?

If i couldent do that could i spray them with soda water to replenish them with more CO2.?

ALSO could i mix nutes with soda water and try the methods above...??????????

Hashassin
15-09-07, 09:32 AM
Roots need oxygen, not co2, so yes it's bad ;)

Spraying might help, though it's all hit and miss really. It's a fine line between optimal co2 levels and too much. Around 1500ppm gives peak growth (so long as light and feed levels have been increased), 1900ppm is no better than normal air and more than that actually slows growth down.

Midnight Toker
15-09-07, 09:44 AM
I dont know anyone that actually bothers to use co2, the thing is ..

if you have an extractor running there's not really much point, as the air is being replaced constantly so any co2 you've introduced will also be extracted almost immediately so i cant see that you'd gain anything.

And as already mentioned dont use soda water, it'll have a high concentration of salts & will do more harm than good ... stick to tap water that's been stood for at least 24 hrs to let any chlorine gas escape as this helps to bsalance the PH levels.

lkdj2003
15-09-07, 01:08 PM
I dont know anyone that actually bothers to use co2, the thing is ..

if you have an extractor running there's not really much point, as the air is being replaced constantly so any co2 you've introduced will also be extracted almost immediately so i cant see that you'd gain anything.

Thats when you setup an enviroment management system, i.e to have your extractor off whilst the Co2 is on and then you set the extractor to come on again after so many minutes and you have it setup in a way that this is going on the whole time the lights are on. Co2 does make a big difference if you have it setup right especially in higher temps.

Midnight Toker
15-09-07, 01:21 PM
Fair enough, but seems far too much fookin around for my liking.

& i'm quite happy with the crops i've had without feeling a need to go invest in yet more equipment & consumables ...

You have to draw a line under the cost somewhere.

Bitterfly
15-09-07, 04:51 PM

& i'm quite happy with the crops i've had without feeling a need to go invest in yet more equipment & consumables ...

you're right it must be a bit of a faff on but the results ive seen are tremendous.

co2 is something i've always wanted to do, but i'd need a new place first

lkdj2003
16-09-07, 02:11 AM

I agree, it only really pays off it you have it set up right. But if you have it setup right the results are plain crazy. :harvest:

you're right it must be a bit of a faff on but the results ive seen are tremendous.

Me too Bitter, it can almost double the size of the cola's if setup and running right. :)

allahu_akbar
17-09-07, 01:59 AM
thanks for that. you told me more then I thought you would.