PDA

View Full Version : When should I switch to 12/12?

Growlie
05-07-14, 04:47 PM
Hay guys,

I'm not sure when I should switch to 12/12. I've read alot about growing in this and some other boards but that just helps on the theoretic part... when it comes to practice it's sometimes hard to make the right decision due to a lack of experience - that's why I'm opening this thread to get your opinion.

This is my second grow I'm growing a Northern Lights plant and it is 60 days old (62 days from seed planting). I'm growing DWC with a 400W LED and grow tent is 80cm x 80cm (2.6 feet x 2.6 feet). The SCROG net is about the same size of the tent so I have a 80cm x 80cm or 2.6 feet x 2.6 feet (0.64 square meter or 6.76 square feet).

My first grow was a White Widow auto flower grow which (I think) could have been way better without some mistakes I made. I got 30 grams which consists of 90% popcorn but anyway the effect was nice and strong. I had to feed me and a friend with 30grams (15g/person) over a whole grow... as you could imagine our jars where empty when my second grow reached about 50-55 days. That wasn't what I've expected when I started my first grow.

This time everything looks better - no mistakes yet - plant looks healthy - it got 60 days veg time now so is more mature than the auto flower which probably just had 30 days veg or something don't know. I hope I will get 100+ this time - that would be enough for me and my friend for the time between two grows. But I'll see that at the end of my second journey.

Hopefully you guys have some answers if I should switch now to 12/12 or if I should just wait some more days. I'll attach some pictures (jpg; 97.7kb; 800x800; ... why not high quality?) for you to have a better thought about my situation.

Kind regards,

growlie

P.S.: Should I start trimming the undergrowth after the 12/12 switch?

chufuginlookinat
05-07-14, 04:50 PM
Id switch now as it will stretch for a week and it will fill the sreen by then.

Normally 2 thirds full then flip

Growlie
05-07-14, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the fast answer - should I switch "over night" or should the switch take some days like every day 2 hours less light or something like this?

Oxy
05-07-14, 05:38 PM
fill the net 70% then flip .. train for further 10 days for the stretch , then leave them do what they do m8 atb.. you have lots of space don't flip now !!! i ram the screen before i flip shhhhhh, but use pipe cleaners to bend them over and keep canopy level., just when you flip turn off light set timer to 12 hours later... whatever time, then when that time comes plug timer in light goes on.. then off in 12 hours ,, you will be golden fella... happy days ..... another week maybe then flip i say..

Growlie
05-07-14, 05:47 PM
Ok thanks for the reply - so I should veg for another 10 days and switch to 12/12 then? I'm scared that there will be to much bud sites for the plant to feed and so one and I will end again with 30 grams of nothing you know?

Unanswered questions:

- Should I start trimming the undergrowth after the 12/12 switch?
- Should I switch "over night" or should the switch take some days like every day 2 hours less light or something like this?

Oxy
05-07-14, 05:48 PM
you train them right you will get may be 2 weeks ... get under there and open that plant up you can train under the screen toooo but open it up i would, the ones through the net already try get them to the next outta square then up and over the screen you know the drill , and so on,,

Oxy
05-07-14, 05:58 PM
you switch over night,,, just takes 12 hours lights off to flip then 12 hours ;lights on and so on, when you flip to flower, you will automatically induce the stretch stage. you should still be on veg food until flowering starts.. showing pistols!! then start your flower food,,,.. with the stretch period this is normally 10 -14 days you will just do what your doing now for that time , then let them do what they do ... you can get some pea netting and place this 10-12 inches above the screen after the stretch has stopped .... this will help support colas

read this all you wanna know .... https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?37675-Scrogging-and-stuff

Growlie
05-07-14, 06:01 PM
Okay dude thanks - I will train them now till 70% filled. I just make a normal flip over night right? Then after the switch I train them another 10 days while in stretch and then I'll stop doing anything right?

Some other questions now:

- How should I train them under the screen? Bend the stems down that they open more?
- Once the tops have reached the screen... Should I bend them under or over the screen? They don't stretch much (it's an indica) that's make it harder to bend over the screen I think...

Oxy
05-07-14, 06:05 PM
yessssssss bang on

the under skirt m8 start chopping little every day first 2 weeks of 12/12 , or some do it in one go 2-3 week of 12/12, me i do the first... at that stage now if you wanna look ... you got the screen get if filled don't faff about m8

Oxy
05-07-14, 06:07 PM
just open the plant up under the screen , then let them grow through the hole and over to the next hole ... then into that hole then just train under the screen just keep doing this ,, its piss easy .

Growlie
05-07-14, 06:11 PM
Ok thanks dude will follow your advice.

Oxy
05-07-14, 06:13 PM
i will send the invoice by email fella , i take paypal or cash , i await payment thanks for your custom ,, if i can help i will anytime .. think i deserve you tapping your thanks button tooo don't be a tight bastard

Growlie
05-07-14, 06:19 PM
Sure dude thank you again!

Oxy
05-07-14, 07:25 PM
enjoy your scrogging venture m8 looks daunting , get some pipe cleaners for just in case great for keeping the stems in place, don't choke the stems just hook them.. i love these ..

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=267615&d=1404524225

Growlie
05-07-14, 07:53 PM
Will buy some on monday - I think I will love them also. Thank you.