PDA

View Full Version : I'm a total rookie. Can you help me, please?

Yossarian
03-07-09, 10:06 PM
So I've decided to grow myself a little bit of smoke (I smoke for a long time ~15 years (half of my entire life), but because of the crisis (jobless plus very bad health condition) and because I live in Eastern Europe - no $, so I have to grow if I want to smoke).

Here's my setup - 2 sections for growing. Each one is 61(W)x77(H)x36(D). I know it's kinda small. Inside I painted it all white. Since professional lights are very expensive here, I'm going to use energy saving bulbs and one fluorescent (calculated what I need, I hope 3 energy saving bulbs (or 2 energy saving and one fluorescent) per section, each ~5500K-6500K, ~1500-2000 lumens will be enough). I already prepared space for 3 plants per section. I already have found hydro nutrients (HESI brand, it's not very expensive) and pH regulators plus some vitamins and pH tester. Cooling is done by modded PC power supply with a bunch of coolers (2 coolers per section in/out). For soil - keramzit clay pellets. Also I dug up tons of material and guides on how to grow, clone, etc, but I still have a couple of questions:

1). Which type of seeds is better for newbies (indica/sativa)?

2). When it reaches the top of the growbox - shall I just cut and apply ointment?

3). When I got rid of all male flowers - I just leave it to grow and that's it (when to do it)?

4). Can you list some common mistakes, so I won't do them?

5). Anything missing in my setup (remember, I'm very low on $)?

6). When do you harvest it?

7). Best ways to clone it (our po-po's are very bad, getting seeds off the internet is rather a touchy matter here)?

8). What is the best strain for small growboxes?

9). How to deal with the smell (incense or what)?

10). Shall I use one section for cloning, another for growing? I'm asking this, because I've got an old PC ATX case and I can turn it into another grow box for clones (will it be enough)?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but it's my first time and I don't want to get an epic fail.

Thank you very much, people. Babylon shall burn 'igher!

BuddyBoy
04-07-09, 12:34 AM
Thats a lot os questions mate.....lol

Best suggestion i can make is read the entire forum. I read your questions, and without 2 hours to spare i came to the conclusion, that you must read, read, read, and read some more....

I have seen the answer to everyone of your queries in the forum at some point. To be honest if you want to grow, you have to start by reading and learing the basics, if you just some on and ask questions without reading you will gain nothing.

Sorry to sound harsh, but the facts are, learn the basics on your own, come back with confusions, or if you dont understand something, but getting other people to do the donkey work for you isn't really forum friendly....

Good luck and happy reading :)