PDA

View Full Version : **room ionizers and co2?**

oTOMMYo
28-08-14, 06:51 PM
iv heard somewhere that plug in room ionizers ( not the ozone ones) do something to the co2 in the air to make it more availble to the plant?? Is this true , and if yes ,has anyone seen better results?

M_C
29-08-14, 12:46 AM
Ionisers create a static charge that attracts molecules, until (if the ioniser is powerful enough) the molecules mass becomes too much to be airborne

oTOMMYo
29-08-14, 02:22 AM
So they clean the air of dust particles, and the plant breaths in clean co2? is this right?

M_C
29-08-14, 07:25 AM
I don't think ionisers have any effect on CO2

oTOMMYo
29-08-14, 12:38 PM
Can negative ions really help the growth of plants?

There is much evidence that negative ions may assist in the greenhouse and horticulture fields. We have several books in our reference libraries that show many experiments in the field of electro-horticulture. In every experiment, increasing the level of air ions around the vegetation increased the plant growth.
The book The Ion Effect, by Fred Soyka, mainly deals with the effects of negative ions on people, but it further indicates that negative ion generators make plants grow faster. Here's a few excerpts from the book:

"Scientists at the University of California grew barley, oats, lettuce, and peas with a total of only sixty positive ions and negative ions and found that growth was stunted and the plants were diseased. The same experiment in air with more than double the natural number of ions produced accelerated growth."
"In the 1960s one U.S. Department of Agriculture scientist grew seedlings in ion-enriched air and produced cucumbers eighteen inches longer than normal."
"Photosynthesis could not take place without ions in the atmosphere".
"In a Faraday cage, where the outside electrical fields are excluded, plants grow only about half the size they would if rooted in the garden."
The book lists some experiments dating back to Benjamin Franklin (who did some of this stuff). They placed charged electrodes over plants and found that they grew faster.
A customers called and told us that her daughter won a science fair project proving that her cabbages grew much larger in the presence of negative ions.

Techead
09-08-18, 01:51 PM
Well, if you look how a Power Station 'Smoke' filter works, they use earthed 'Collectors' so the charged particles are pulled towards them, I read a fair bit about Ionizers and accelerated growth BUT the general gist is too close to a plant and your plant won't smell while flowering, I havn't tried this as I like the 'Aroma' of Terpines.

G'
03-10-18, 07:02 AM
Don't know too much about ionizers but i'm growing without co2 for the first time and the results so far are excellent, just saying :greet: G'.

G'
03-10-18, 07:05 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: just noticed the dates of these threads :blush::stoned-smilie: