PDA

View Full Version : stretch period advice.......

mrfixit
14-10-14, 06:41 PM
hi all,.

my question is...... im growing feminised blue cheese and what i need to know is at what point after switching to 12/12 does the plant no longer stretch.
the reason i ask this is because im still pulling branches back under my net and dont want to keep doing this if its not needed...
they have been flipped for 2 weeks now

many thanks

phil

Loki
14-10-14, 06:47 PM
hi all,.

my question is...... im growing feminised blue cheese and what i need to know is at what point after switching to 12/12 does the plant no longer stretch.
the reason i ask this is because im still pulling branches back under my net and dont want to keep doing this if its not needed...

many thanks

phil

They will stretch for around 2 weeks after flip

mrfixit
14-10-14, 06:52 PM
thanks loki,
so do you think i should just make sure they are all in the right place now and concentrate on growing above the canopy....

Bud Lightyear
14-10-14, 06:57 PM
hi all,.

many thanks

phil

Most cheeses i've grown are pretty much finished stretching @ 18 days, but there are other contributing that can influence the extent to which the plants stretch. To minimize stretch you want your lights, close temps permitting and the lights on & off temps close together for example lights on temps 25c lights off 20c....You can also control stretch chemically, too late in your situation. Additives that contain PGR.s (plant growth regulators) Rox is one product that springs to mind...Murdock has used this product I believe with good effect.....

Regards BL

mrfixit
14-10-14, 07:09 PM
thanks bud,

that helps and explains alot