PDA

View Full Version : Feminized seed Spray What??????is this real ...can anyone confirm??

lousizzle
27-12-14, 09:36 PM
282775 not trying to spam just spread knowledge ....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Feminized-seeds-spray-Medicinal-Hps-LED-Hydro-Grow-Light-Tent-Clone-Pro-Trim-/321608049347?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item4ae15562c3#ht_310wt_1312
does this work ?????
if it does this is a game changer:pimped::pimped::pimped:

SyRaX
27-12-14, 09:50 PM
From the block of text I read part of It sounds like it's Collidal Silver.. So yeah, it's used to make feminized seeds.

reganlives
27-12-14, 10:59 PM
Colloidal silver? What's that?

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2

McPuffin
28-12-14, 12:31 AM
^^colloidal silver is basically a silver spray, it does create fem
Beans.

If you do a simple google search you'll find all you need to know :)

Mcpuff

M_C
28-12-14, 12:48 AM
Yeah, it looks like CS spray... would I buy it? - No!

Reasons:-
a) Bloody expensive compared to making your own
b) We don't know its purity, or age of stock (which will affect the purity)
c) We have threads on how to DIY in the breeding section - trust me, it's easy to make
d) I haven't thought of 'd' yet :laugh:

imnice
28-12-14, 05:54 PM
Why not, the seller has 100% good feedback on the 3 items he/she has sold.
Pmsl
Imnice

SyRaX
28-12-14, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it looks like CS spray... would I buy it? - No!

Reasons:-
a) Bloody expensive compared to making your own
b) We don't know its purity, or age of stock (which will affect the purity)
c) We have threads on how to DIY in the breeding section - trust me, it's easy to make
d) I haven't thought of 'd' yet :laugh:

Care to make me a batch and I'll buy it off you :)

lousizzle
29-12-14, 05:53 AM
this is very intersting thanx guys ,,,got me thinken hmmm

McPuffin
29-12-14, 10:27 AM
Care to make me a batch and I'll buy it off you :)

It's sooooo simple to make YouTube or google are your friend, and you can get all you need on fleabay, silver strip at like a fiver, bargain.

Peace.

M_C
29-12-14, 10:37 AM
Two bits of silver, a jar, 9v battery, a couple of bits of wire & distilled water is the total shopping list ;)

Vador
29-12-14, 03:03 PM
Interesting, I didn't realise how easy it was, I always thought you needed a male but the colloidal silver makes a female produce pollen as well.
Just makes me wonder how much colloidal silver I've smoked over the years from unscrupulous breeders.
Another good reason to grow your own

Vador
04-01-15, 05:10 PM
This has got me thinking about crossing my mothers when they get replaced,
Seeing as the plant will need to be kept separate so it won't effect the other plants I'm wondering what light would be best.
It's not going to be producing bud so I'd imagine you don't need high powered lights so I'm wondering if say a 50w red cfl would do the job or maybe a 36w, just work on the tops closest to the light.
I haven't a clue when it comes to breeding so I could be way off.
Thoughts anyone??

M_C
04-01-15, 06:57 PM
I've always used the same bulb I flower with...

Vador
05-01-15, 12:21 AM
I'm worried about pollinating my girls so was going to do the breeding in a separate tent.
I've got a small tent ideal for it but ideally need to keep the bulb power down so I don't need to run big fans and keep it as cost effective as possible at the same time.
Already got a clone/veg room and a flowering room to power so was hoping to do it cheap.
Might just give it a go and see, got a 125w cfl if all else fails I guess

M_C
05-01-15, 01:25 AM
That sounds like a plan...

Consider a 12/12 grow to speed things up a little...

Vador
05-01-15, 01:32 AM
Well it will be either from clones or my mothers at the end of they're life's
Thinking of doing peppermint Kush x g13 haze, gonna have to do more research before hand though me thinks

M_C
05-01-15, 01:36 AM
Let me know if I can help in your research, I have a good handle on breeding... if you can catch Rockster about then he is the man to ask :)

McPuffin
05-01-15, 01:59 AM
Share the love ay, sure you'll do no wrong with m_c. And yea rockster too!

Mcpuff

Vador
05-01-15, 06:35 PM
Let me know if I can help in your research, I have a good handle on breeding... if you can catch Rockster about then he is the man to ask :)

Thanks for your offer bud, I may need to pick your brains at some point, I was reading a few of your old threads last night from 07 which pretty much answered all my questions.
It all seems pretty straight forward though
I found these for £12
99.99% purity apparently and 5mm width so plenty of surface area, I've already got 20L of distilled water, just got to get a 9v battery, a battery connector and find myself a nice jar.
I'm thinking a coffee jar with a plastic lid with 2 holes in,
The 2 electrodes can be suspended from the lid and hang in the water,
Could even use my ppm meter from when I was growing hydro
From what I have read 40-50ppm is the strength to go for misted once a day, after 2 weeks if no signs of nana's spray twice a day, sound about right??

One thing I need to learn about is exactly how the cross works, for example
If I produce pollen from the peppermint kush and pollinate the g13 I guess it will be g13 dominant.
So if I wanted to keep the traits of the peppermint I would need to produce pollen from the g13, is that right??
In which case wtf is going on, what would a dominant peppermint kush mean, what gets transferred over from the g13
I need to learn the science behind this, that's my job tonight
I read before about it and remember there's like f1, f2, back crossing, all sorts of technical stuff to get my head around, best roll another spliff and get started then

FACE
05-01-15, 07:00 PM
A bottle of the collodial silver spray is pennys to buy in the net saves U all the hassle U jus gotta spray the nodes then everyday

M_C
05-01-15, 10:56 PM
One thing I need to learn about is exactly how the cross works, for example
If I produce pollen from the peppermint kush and pollinate the g13 I guess it will be g13 dominant.
So if I wanted to keep the traits of the peppermint I would need to produce pollen from the g13, is that right??
In which case wtf is going on, what would a dominant peppermint kush mean, what gets transferred over from the g13
I need to learn the science behind this, that's my job tonight
I read before about it and remember there's like f1, f2, back crossing, all sorts of technical stuff to get my head around, best roll another spliff and get started then

your CS stuff is fine :)

If you cross xx with yy you get various permitations (I'll keep this very basic...)

Your options are...
xx
yy
xy
yx

...in equal measures...

obviously, that is at its simplest. What you would look for at first seeds are seeds that have the trait you are looking for.

Vador
05-01-15, 11:43 PM
Cheers mc, been reading all night about different things.
Found some very informative articles.
What you have said makes sense, I've been reading all about the differences you get between seeds from a plant.
Technical stuff, I feel a little more knowledgeable but gonna have to keep reading till it all sets in properly, you really can't buy experience in this game.

M_C
06-01-15, 12:20 AM
If you can get your head around Mendelian inheritance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance) then you're half way home :) That really is the corner block of genetics that will serve you well :)

Vador
06-01-15, 06:28 PM
If you can get your head around Mendelian inheritance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance) then you're half way home :) That really is the corner block of genetics that will serve you well :)

Nice one cheers that will keep me going,
If anyone just clicked that link and was overwhelmed by the technical words read THIS FIRST (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_genetics) it explains a lot of the words used in the first article.
The link is on the page but I didn't see it at first in amongst all those big words lol

Coups de Grace
06-01-15, 08:42 PM
Try using Mum deodorant, works every time :dance2:

M_C
06-01-15, 09:29 PM
Nice one cheers that will keep me going,
If anyone just clicked that link and was overwhelmed by the technical words read THIS FIRST (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_genetics) it explains a lot of the words used in the first article.
The link is on the page but I didn't see it at first in amongst all those big words lol

I had to learn that for O level Biology :(

Raggidy
07-01-15, 01:26 PM
How long does a CS solution last without losing it's potency? From what i've read about here light will make it lose strength so i geuss it should be stored somewhere dark?

M_C
07-01-15, 01:36 PM
Store in the dark & not in a plastic container. For the ease of making the stuff there is no real need to make it in bulk

Raggidy
07-01-15, 03:19 PM
Cheers MC much appreciated :) Any idea how much you'd need to treat 1 branch?