PDA

View Full Version : Which PK / Boost?

lazydayz
09-01-15, 12:22 AM
Hi all,
Need some advice from you guys - I've recently switched from years of flood and drain (4 inch cubes direct into pebbles) to NFT and I need to know what boosts / PK to use. Never been too sure that things like Cannaboost make that much difference for the money you spend but have always used PK 13/14 as habit.

Currently growing 3xSkunk, 3xNorthern Lights, 2xBubble Kush, 1xCritical and 1xPower Flower, all from RQS - switched to 12/12 a few days ago and 2 days later had to perform some emergency flushing and nursing to fight the overnuting that had been building up for a week - really angry with myself for that.
They have recovered now but it's made me wary of extra nutes in the form of boosts / PK.
My system is:
GT 100 table
600 watt HPS
6" extraction through carbon filter
large oscillating and 2 clip on fans
Aqua vega/ Aqua flores
Silicon
Rhizotonic
Cannazyme

Also, is cannazyme necessary in NFT? I'm basically going by my experience with Flood and drain but I see people using liquid oxygen which I can't use with cannazyme.
Any and all suggestions greatly received.

Thanks

Oxy
09-01-15, 12:57 AM
hello you have what you need get some canna pk 13/14, no need for the boast its over priced and over rated.. cannazyme works well with rhizzo i have heard,.. used it once i still have the bottle, didn't see a difference , so don't know...

just keep ec low ph in range , watch res temps and you will be laughing.. i wouldn't bother with flushing, just take out few jugs of res water add few jugs fresh ..

some lovely sounding strains you have there fella ..

lazydayz
09-01-15, 07:26 PM
thanx buddy,
I'm particularly looking forward to the bubble kush!!
Like I said, first time in NFT so just going by what I've used in flood and drain for years- not sure how differently nutrient uptake is going to be in comparison and what ideal EC range is needed for NFT.... looking at bout 1.2 - 1.4 and ph 5.4 - 6 (it's worked for me in F+D), would you say this is ok?
Spose it's all about diligence really, makes this one a bit more of an interesting grow... not just going on auto-pilot! (learnt that from the schoolboy nute poisoning!)

lazydayz
10-01-15, 01:22 PM
Forgot to mention that I'm also using fortnightly Halo Harpin applications - I love the stuff, noticable difference in yields and flavour

MacFeegle
02-02-15, 12:12 AM
Has anyone tried Ton-o-Bud (http://www.hmoonhydro.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_47&products_id=102)? You use it while the buds are forming but before they fatten. I tried it a couple of years ago in a soil grow but you can also use it in hydro. Pricey, but it got an impressive response from the plants. The buds wen't crazy! I'd never used a booster before, so had nothing to compare it to. Think it's worth the money?

ironjustice
02-02-15, 03:00 AM
best PK boosters out there are hammerhead from AN and buddhas tree pk 9-18, these are to be used in the later stages of the grow though, although people do use them from the start of true flower at low doses and build it up....

as for canna boost, well its very expensive for what it is... at the end of the day you can get a 4l bottle of green planet massive which is pretty much similar ingredients wise... i prefer advanced nutrients nirvana myself, i use it from the start of true flower and then add pk boost in later on, and then overdrive for the last two weeks...

Oxy mate, cannazyme is like sensizyme and its enzymes that deal with dead roots and stop it rotting, you know sometimes in flower you get that ph dropping for no reason? well since i used enzymes its stopped it happening, doesnt make the buds any bigger just keeps the root zone clean and tidy.. breaks down all the dead matter into usable feed for the plants.. rhizzotonic i aint fond of as a root stim tbh, again prefer the advanced nutrients voodoo juice.. also the advanced nutrients sensizyme has much more types of enzymes in so is a better product imo... great if your in hydro and you get root issues like algae growth or slimy roots, slam some sensizyme in it and it sorts it out... but if you use liquid oxygen then dont use any enzymes as the h202 kills them....

OP to be honest i would stick with the pk 13/14 if thats what you have been using and getting good results with...

peace.. IJ

P