PDA

View Full Version : May be having a drugs test soon. ??

biohazard
30-07-09, 03:27 PM
Okay recently I quite my job.
My plan was to go on the railway with my step dad.
Up until yesterday I didn't know that you needed drugs testing to get your CS card ( allows you to work on track ).
And then you also get drug tested every three months after that.

So I immediately thought no thanks !!
Plan B . . Work back on canal boats :yeah mate:

But what I would like to know is how long does cannabis take to get out of your system.
The internet says 3 - 90 days. Well that's not really accurate:rolleye:

I smoke every day. Can be 1 - 3 joints maybe.
I heard cranberry juice can get it out of your system and water. Also plenty of exercise ?? A good sweat on !

Do you think it is possible to get it out of your system in 2 week's ?
Has anybody had to pull this off before due to work announcing a random drug test or anything.
Does anybody work for a company that drug tests and get away with it ?

Cheers. Its just now I'm looking for a new job I need some info in case they drugs test before you get employed or do one every so often etc.

Any help would be awesome people.
And this is my first proper post apart from saying hello :thcleaf:
Daniel

The_Hunter
30-07-09, 03:56 PM
Cannabis
Tested for in Standard Drug Tests?
YES
Tested for in Extended Drug Tests?
YES
Possible to Test for?
YES
Detection Period in Urine
1-6 days (single use)
3-9 days (weekly use)
7-30 days (daily use)

Although it is widely claimed that THC metabolites can cause a positive urine test for months after use, a more realistic estimate is closer to 3-4 weeks for chronic users. Toxicologist Paul Cary presents a comprehensive overview of recent research in The Marijuana Detection Window [Drug Court Review, Vol 5(1)]. Cary reviews several studies documenting detection windows greater than 30 days, and finds significant confounds or limitations to design in each of them. He concludes:

"Recent scientific literature indicates that it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoids in urine for longer than seven days using standard cutoff concentrations. Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/mL cannabinoid cutoff. While longer detection times have been documented in research studies, these prolonged elimination findings represent uncommon occurrences and should not be used as exculpatory evidence in the majority of case adjudications." (pp. 23-4)

The_Ganja_Farmer
30-07-09, 09:23 PM
Or you could use one of these (http://www.ureasample.com/buy-drug-test-solutions/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1072)

mister,mister
30-07-09, 11:30 PM
hi dude i used to work on the lines but i was lucky to have been on a dry out when i got called for test but my mate smoked on even in the van on his way to the test but he took some combo of pain killers you buy in the shops and a load of water and passed with flying colours. I cant rember the combo but i will ask him tomorrow and post it here for you.:)

Grub
31-07-09, 12:57 AM
IMO mate, if you smoke the weed and get tested regularly at work, it is just a matter of time before you get caught! You can spend silly money on bullshit kits that supposedly 'clear out your system', and you can try and count the days between smoking/testing etc, but it won't help. Sooner or later you will be caught 'on-the-hop' and you will test positive!
I would either find a job/employer that doesn't test, or quit smoking weed mate!

If you DO get caught and sacked, it will be on your file for a very long time mate and could come back to haunt you in years to come when applying for jobs etc!

Just my 2p's worth. ;)

Father jack
08-08-09, 10:32 AM
I had a drug test once when applying for a job, hadnt touched a smoke for atleast 2 years or any other drug for that matter but i got called and told i failed.Now i just dont give a fuck lol either stop smoking or get a job you dont get tested at

wierd i was speaking to the other half about this today what right dose an employer have to know what you do after work? i mean you wouldny let them put a helmet on you and read your mind for the past 4 months to see if your fit for the job so why should you let em test your piss.

TheGreenMachine
08-08-09, 12:28 PM
I went for a job with an agency who were recruiting for Amazon and they require drug testing..

Needless to say I didn't go for interviews lol

Monty Bong
08-08-09, 12:41 PM
One excuse you could use if you test positive for THC is, you were in the dam on a stag night the week before, therefore you wasn't breaking any laws in the country where you took the drug.