PDA

View Full Version : Keeping fem seeds as moms?

NordenStormer
17-03-15, 12:19 AM
Has anyone here successfully kept feminized seeds as mother plants??

SkunkBudda403
17-03-15, 12:48 AM
Don't see why you couldn't keep feminized photo period plants as mothers. Provided your lights stay on 18-6.
I'm planning on keeping a clone of a feminized plant for a mother. Dont see anything wrong with it.
Just can't keep auto-flowers as mothers because they flower based on age.

M_C
17-03-15, 01:49 AM
It's a fairly common thing, a lot of people grow the plant, harvest & reveg her so if the smoke is good they can mother her

SkunkBudda403
17-03-15, 02:59 AM
It's a fairly common thing, a lot of people grow the plant, harvest & reveg her so if the smoke is good they can mother her

So how long is the process of re-vegging a flowered plant? Im assuming it take a couple of weeks to revert back to vegetative state? And this does not stress a plant too much to be used as a mother?

This may be just be the ticket for me until I have the time to construct my Mother Room. So i can save one of the bed SSH's i have vegging now. Im not in any hurry to flower but that being said I'd like to progress a little quicker.

M_C
17-03-15, 03:19 AM
Since you are putting her back into veg mode stress doesn't really matter as she wont hermie... but she will grow some strange twisted leaves for a bit :)

Time frame? - a couple of weeks :)