PDA

View Full Version : coco advise

Macky
28-07-15, 12:35 PM
sup guys, germinated yesterday, went and bought coco today. I have only ever grown hydro, so this is all new to me. Going to be growing 4x blueberry cheese. Any helpful tips or advice whilst using coco would be great fully received ;-)

M_C
28-07-15, 12:49 PM
You'll want coco specific nutes, Hydro nutes are slightly different ;)

Bud Lightyear
28-07-15, 12:50 PM
sup guys, germinated yesterday, went and bought coco today. I have only ever grown hydro, so this is all new to me. Going to be growing 4x blueberry cheese. Any helpful tips or advice whilst using coco would be great fully received ;-)

Good quality coco & nutes is a must imo. Canna coco pro plus & canna coco A&B. Determine the background Ec of you tap water so you have a benchmark as to what feed strengths to start off at. A Ph in the range of 5.6 to 6.0 will serve you well. Whilst the plants are small in the seedling stage you want to just water/feed every couple or three days and increase the frequency as the plants become established and put a good root ball down. Rhizotonic is great for establishing roots and a drop of liquid silicone later on will do wonders. Coco is a very forgiving medium to work with, really easy for beginners to get to grips with passive hydro. Get a diary going, you will get loads of help and useful tips to make your grow a success...

Regards BL

Macky
28-07-15, 12:57 PM
Epic, Bud, you're a legend, couldnt ask for better advice! Nice one mate. I have started a diary, yesterday was germ day, and my first post, I'll go write my second now :-)

Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted on the progress :-)

Bud Lightyear
28-07-15, 01:02 PM
Epic, Bud, you're a legend, couldnt ask for better advice! Nice one mate. I have started a diary, yesterday was germ day, and my first post, I'll go write my second now :-)

Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted on the progress :-)

Link me to your diary, I'll be happy to keep an eye things for you and offer advice:)

Regards BL

Macky
28-07-15, 01:07 PM
Here you go mate, thanks a lot :-) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132927-Machis-blue-cheese-(-soil)&p=1070212989#post1070212989

The Widow White
28-07-15, 02:10 PM
Most who use Coco complain about how arid and light it is....very hard to water and make the water stay in the soil. So, my advice would be to water VERY slowly....VERY VERY slowly! LOL I don't particularly care for the Coco. As for grow soil, the Roots Organics Original or Fox Farms Ocean Forest are the two best soil options that are out there. I've been using Roots for 2 years now and love it. The Ocean Forest soil is great too. I had to buy an alternative when my store was out of Roots...and they recommended the Ocean Forest. It's awesome. TWW

FACE
28-07-15, 02:32 PM
Most who use Coco complain about how arid and light it is....very hard to water and make the water stay in the soil. So, my advice would be to water VERY slowly....VERY VERY slowly! LOL I don't particularly care for the Coco. As for grow soil, the Roots Organics Original or Fox Farms Ocean Forest are the two best soil options that are out there. I've been using Roots for 2 years now and love it. The Ocean Forest soil is great too. I had to buy an alternative when my store was out of Roots...and they recommended the Ocean Forest. It's awesome. TWW

Never heard that complaint about coco before ? I flood my coco pots when I water an leave a few inch depth at top of pot particularly to do this an flood them
As u say in u post u grow soil not coco so it's no really fair advice u giving if u actually don't grow in coco an just going on hear say

Chew
28-07-15, 02:36 PM
Ive only grown once and that was in coco. Piss easy, not one complaint here :)

Bud Lightyear
28-07-15, 02:50 PM

Im lost for words, are you serious :)

Regards BL