PDA

View Full Version : How vaping changed my life.

kellya86
28-08-15, 01:29 PM
Hi everybody. I thought I would start this thread as I feel I need to share what iv leaned about vaping. I know its one of them things many people see no need for and will probably never try. I felt exactly the same.
I can already get stoned and I love the feeling of plumes of smoke bellowing down my neck. So why do I need to vape.?
This all started for me a couple weeks ago when I didn't have any tobacco for work. So I went without all day. After I did that I thought iv got the first day done, be silly not to use this as my chance to quit evil tobacco. So I rushed out and purchased a 30 quid cheap Chinese copy vaporiser. Which almost put me off the whole idea caus it was shit and used alot of weed.
But I stuck with it, determined not to go back to baccy spliffs. Then I made the best decision I have made in a long time. I purchased my arizer extreme q. This is what has changed my life. Since having a proper convection vapourizer I have been very happily stoned, while using much less weed.
The high itself is so much better. Very visual for me and I love that.
The taste is out of this world, I had no idea weed smelt and taste this good. Been tainting it with tobacco for soo long now I thought it was the norm. And my taste and smell is better anyway for not smoking. My mouth is cleaner morning and night. Which is nice. Also I notice the high seems to last alot longer and puts me to sleep alot better. I realise now that when I used to think I was craving a joint I was just wanting the tobacco in it.
The first week was a big learning curve. I really missed the feeling of inhaling smoke. But now I have got the hang of the arizer I love the milky, thick, sweet, tickley vapour even more. It's very satisfying and I defiantly feel like iv smoked. And I love the whole science of it. Much more sophisticated stoner now. So if you was like me and smoked joint for 15 years and getting board, this really opens up a while new world of the magical plant again. It's like discovering weed all over again. I urge you joint smokers out there to get vaping. I smoked a tobacco joint the other day just to see what was like and it was a massive anticlimax. Jus felt heavy and horrible for half hour and my mouth felt gammy then It wore off within an hour. Not smoking again. I will put some pics up of my first vape so you know what to avoid.

beral1
28-08-15, 07:23 PM
Hi there so how do you vape weed ?? Do you have to make oil ?? . I'm really interested in giving up tobacco my self I do have a cheap vape that you put nicotine oil in but I don't like it much hardly use it because of that but I would invest in a good quality one tbh I would have to research them as I don't have a clue but sound a great alternative to smoking joints . My son wants me to stop smoking too 😊

kellya86
28-08-15, 07:37 PM
Hi there, no need to make oil or any complicated processes. All you need is 150 quid. I jus bought an arizer extreme q. Put ground up herb straight into chamber and off you go. It's easier than making a joint, and healthier. And for me it eliminates it from my kids lives as they no longer see me smoke or smell it or see weed or tobacco at all. Which is good. And the main thing is I don't feel like I'm missing anything by quitting joints. I smoked everyday for 15 years up until a couple weeks ago. I was really worried I'd miss the spliff but I don't. Give it a try.

Withakay
28-08-15, 07:41 PM
Cool post. Im aiming to head that way myself. Use an ecig for nicotine and bought a weed vape. Tried it once but now need some good weed to do it justice.
Ive also made weed ecig liquid. Again need better weed to do it justice.

Beral. Go back a stage and look for the thread 'vape lovers this is for you.
It tells you how to make the liquid. Really easy.
Also look for my thread about a cheap vaporizer. These heat weed to release their tasty goodness without the need for combustion (burning).

beral1
29-08-15, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys I had a look on the vaping thread last night and I'm totally into it Defoe going to try it 😊👍🏻

kellya86
30-08-15, 12:18 AM
I read that vape lovers thread. I am going to make my own e liquid but I think the little things will make all the difference, like using everclear grain alcohol instead of isopropyl. One thing i am unsure of is how safe these pg/vg mixes are. There is no long term data on it yet. I am skeptical. I will have a play with that but need my first grow to finish first. Iv jus got back from reading festival where I had to smoke. I stopped smoking caus it was just making me mongy. Need a portable vape like an arizer solo or a crafty or mighty. Jus need the money. My extreme q was 150 quid
It pains me to spend more on a portable. But it will. I really can't go back to smoking now. Which is annoying because I would have used to enjoy smoking at festival. Oh well. I must evolve.

Withakay
30-08-15, 08:15 AM
Pg/vg mixes are what they use for the nicotine mixes. i dont know anything about grain alcohol but will look in to it.

I love the reading festival. Havent been for a few years. Last time i went i hardly saw any bands, was too busy working through an 0z by my tent! I love the sense of anarchy floating in the air especially on the last night - tents and portaloos up in flames. Saying that, it got tamer and tamer each year thanks to carling!

kellya86
30-08-15, 10:22 AM
Yes petroleum glycerine and vegetable glycerine. I'm jus not convinces they ate harmless. U believe there may be long term health effects we are not sure if yet.
As for reading. Was fun. Took my 12 year old kids with me so didn't want it to be too roudy. But it wast exactly calm with Metallica and bring me the horizon playing. Vaping has taken something from my life. I can't enjoy a spliff out now which means I can only get stoned at home. Definately need a good dry herb portable vape. Jus don't know which one to pick.

kellya86
30-08-15, 11:28 AM
And I'm not surprised you didn't spend much time at that stage with an Oz to get through. I'd would not feel too lively after smoking that much. This is why I want to get vaping outside, because the high is so much cleaner and energetic, It would really suit outdoor activities. It's more visual too so the lights and smoke and red sunset would have looked even better.

Withakay
30-08-15, 01:00 PM
Thats the problem so many portavble vapes out there, the choice is overwhelming. You saw the cheap import i bought? The high is very different - super clear head and an energy boost. I think ill put an ariser on my christmas list. My crop comes in early nov. Cured and dried i should be baccie free by new year.

kellya86
30-08-15, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a good thing to drop for a new years resolution. So nice to be vaping again today. My cravings have changed, I no longer crave smoke. I now crave dense milky sweet vapour. And smoking doesn't satisfy that now..
Took a couple weeks to get to this point though, for the first week I just couldn't get any visible vapour, I was getting frustrated. So then I went to high temps and got clouds. But I almost coughed a lung up it was so irritating at them temps first off. Now I have an understanding with my machine, I start at 170 and end up at 220 but this is with elbow pack so I'm probably vaping at closer to 165 - 210. Which is ideal. 0.2 = 20 mins of vaping for me. And satisfys me for a good 2-3 hours at least

Mazzer
30-08-15, 08:54 PM
just thought id add a few points of what i know through personal experience and knowledge ive gathered. smoking ecigs are seemingly 95% less damaging than the traditionally smoking cigarettes filled with tobacco and the many contaminents and toxins. this 95% figure was a statement by medical health officials on tv last week in UK. i mix up my own ejuice and can let you know some people like myself are allergic to Propylene glycol (PG) so i used as high vegetable glycerin (VG) as i can. i source the nicotine thats carried in VG rather than PG but i use flavouring thats carried in PG because its all i can source. but to a 100ml of ejuice only 15 % is PG the flavouring (15ml). rest is VG. i sub ohm vape so i can get away with very thick liquid. as sub ohm vaping allows this thick liquid i make. i was weezing using 30% or higher PG based ejuice but since using the majority VG im much better and cough less. id love to try some canna ejuice so interested in this thread. Hope this helps folks. id also like to add that i was vaping and smoking joints and one skinners with cigarettes but now i just smoke pure one skinners of the sticky icky. i feel so better and ive felt sick after trying tobacco from cigarettes in a doobie.

kellya86
31-08-15, 05:03 PM
Iv heard ej mix is better for suspending thc in. Thinks it's just a heavy pg mix. So not good for you. I tried jus smoking pure weed but to be honest my throught and wallet could just not take it. Don't know how the rest of the world do it..

whiskeychimp
03-09-15, 08:16 PM
I quit tobacco by buying a pipe, I then got a cheap plug in vap and smoked pure for awhile. I then decided to try making a liquid and vape pen as I wanted to cut down on weed. I put a hell of a lot of weed in the first batch but I couldn't get the strength I was looking for, it helped take the edge off and was fun to smoke at work but as I was unable to reach the preferred high. I have now gone back to the plug in vape which cost £20.

kellya86
04-09-15, 12:41 PM
I did wonder how satisfying the liquid in a vape pen would be. I only plan to use avb to make liquid and smoke at work. In secret.I am about to order an arizer solo for out and about. And my extreme q more than satisfies me at home. What plug in vape you got from 20 quid? It's all gotta be worth it to get tobacco out of your life.

whiskeychimp
05-09-15, 11:26 AM
Standard cheap one from the market, plug in n wait 3 mins.
I don't smoke at work anymore due to change of job but the vape pen worked I just couldn't replace pure weed. Youtube helped me make the mix and it def worth it to get rid of tobacco

TheHottDawg
05-09-15, 02:59 PM
I got a solo arizer last year after trying a friends solo extreme. I'm so impressed with this device even a year later! It's so easy to use and the taste and high I get from it is so much better than when I was blazing joints all the time. I've never once had to clean the actual vaporizer as the weed never goes in the device but into the glass stem from which you inhale. To stop the glass stem from dirtying up I just cut a pipe gauze screen to size and popped it in the stem and that keeps it clean. The battery life is decent and can get me through a full day of tokin without needing charged. I highly recommend this to anyone looking a good portable vape. Does emit quite a strong weed odor when in use but quickly disappears after a few mins. Can't remember how much I paid tbh but think it was around £150 range. Well worth it for me anyway as I have dabbled with cheaper pen vape devices and the really cheap plug in dome ones and have always just been left feeling disappointed with my purchases. I still do smoke the occasional joint which I think probably is due to me still being addicted to tobacco but this vaporizer is top notch quality!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/129287c9b3632a63d522bde1a250e309.jpg

kellya86
05-09-15, 04:26 PM
I want one so bad. My extreme is great but for out and about I need something. People say the solo is hard to draw from. This has nearly put me off. Can you confirm or deny this.?

TheHottDawg
05-09-15, 05:31 PM
I've seen a few people talking about them being hard to draw from but my one seems to have very little resistance tbh I always use heat setting 4 and 5 I feel give me the best hit of flavour and occasionally I slightly lift the glass stem with my thumb mid suck which lowers the drag resistance even further but I don't need to do this its just a habit I've picked up.
I've never tried any of the other vapes in close competition with the solo but it really is a great piece of kit that goes everywhere with me. I also have a magic flight launch box which is pretty cool as it's so discreet but there's a pretty steep learning curve to them and even when I got the hang of it I was still left not satisfied. I've never had any issues with the solo even after a couple of falls with the glass stem still in the chamber and I'm yet to crack a stem. As for the solo itself it's rock solid and would take a lot more than being dropped to actually cause it anymore than just cosmetic damage.
I'd say go for it if you have the coin for a decent portable vape as I'm still as happy with it now as I was the day I ripped the box open to 1st try it lol.

kellya86
07-09-15, 08:22 AM
yeah I'm completely convinced now. Will order solo today and expect by friday.

beral1
24-09-15, 08:38 PM
I got a solo arizer last year after trying a friends solo extreme. I'm so impressed with this device even a year later! It's so easy to use and the taste and high I get from it is so much better than when I was blazing joints all the time. I've never once had to clean the actual vaporizer as the weed never goes in the device but into the glass stem from which you inhale. To stop the glass stem from dirtying up I just cut a pipe gauze screen to size and popped it in the stem and that keeps it clean. The battery life is decent and can get me through a full day of tokin without needing charged. I highly recommend this to anyone looking a good portable vape. Does emit quite a strong weed odor when in use but quickly disappears after a few mins. Can't remember how much I paid tbh but think it was around £150 range. Well worth it for me anyway as I have dabbled with cheaper pen vape devices and the really cheap plug in dome ones and have always just been left feeling disappointed with my purchases. I still do smoke the occasional joint which I think probably is due to me still being addicted to tobacco but this vaporizer is top notch quality!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/129287c9b3632a63d522bde1a250e309.jpg

Love the look and sound of this definitely what I'm looking for !! Now I know what I'm buying my self for Christmas if not before . Thanks for the info guys it's really interesting 😊

Hobbit
25-09-15, 11:24 AM
Hi Beral I keep hearing about these vape things and it sounds like a method that I would really like. I haven't researched them so can I pick your brain on the subject. Firstly I understand there is no smoke. Hooray, reckon youd have to have a sneaky spliff here and there though. I was under the impression you had to use a liquid for them. Please educate me.

Hobbit
25-09-15, 11:39 AM
sorry didn't realize this was page 2.

Hobbit
25-09-15, 11:50 AM
And I'm not surprised you didn't spend much time at that stage with an Oz to get through. I'd would not feel too lively after smoking that much. This is why I want to get vaping outside, because the high is so much cleaner and energetic, It would really suit outdoor activities. It's more visual too so the lights and smoke and red sunset would have looked even better.
I gave up smoking 8 months ago and like you was hard when it came to joint. I don't like straight weed joint. I don't like the way they burn the taste or the stone. 1 little puff and I'm ruined. I now have a glass pipe and for me it sounds the same as you describe your vape eg much clearer stone, no bad tastes better smell and a lot less weed. I am very keen to try this vape method but a glass pipe might be good for you at a festival. I don't like metal/wooden pipes either. they stink and taste bad. Glass pipe comes up crystal clear and clean with a bit of alcohol and salt.

TheHottDawg
25-09-15, 12:58 PM
Budmeister I'm by no means an expert on how vaporizers work but I've been using them for a couple of years now and I love them.
The basic function of any decent vape is to heat your dry herb but at a lower temp than what is required to combust your bud.
The active ingredients in weed are released as a gas Vapour when temps reach 200 degrees giving you a much cleaner, smoother hit than can be achieved by any form of combustion ie pipe or bong etc as with any of these you are inhaling all of the burning plant material and not just the good stuff like with a vape.

As for still needing a joint every now and again that just depends on your willpower as I have been of cigs for 2 years but I'm still guilty of the odd joint here and there as im clearly still addicted but a couple of my friends only vape and they say they would never touch tobacco again.

Do lots of research before committing to a vaporizer because there is a lot of crap being sold as vaporizers these days when in reality they are nothing more than expensive pipes that don't require a lighter! I had a couple of cheap ones before I bought my solo and they all burnt the weed and tasted horrible! Good luck

Hobbit
26-09-15, 12:00 AM
Cheers for that info. I do believe after swithching to the pipe and seeing the difference vaping has to be the next step. In regards to the odd spliff I don't put tobacco in it makes me para and ill. Think its more about holding the spliff. 25 year habbits are hard to break lol. The spliff and I have enjoyed and experienced many beautiful times.

Roy Cropper
26-09-15, 01:10 AM
I'm with you there mate, been smoking joints for around 25 years myself and loved every one em, nowt like a nice bifter. But me and the missus were talking earlier about quitting cigs but I ain't gonna give up the weed so I mentioned getting a vaporiser. Got my eye on the arizer air, turns out she's gonna get it me for my birthday in about four weeks. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love smoking spliffs but at 44 years old I can feel the effects of smoking and if i feel like if i don't quit it will probably kill me. For the kids sake I feel like now is the time to stop and vaping is the way to go. Especially now growing my own weed I reckon I'll be able to appreciate all the different flavours of weed more. I can't wait to get it. From the YouTube videos it looks like a nice bit of kit.

Hobbit
26-09-15, 07:36 AM
Mate best thing I did was quit ciggs and joints as much as I love a good spliff. I have a very physical lifestyle and have always been fit but I have soo much more stamina now never realized how hard I was doing it lol. Smoke much less weed in my little pipe, and enjoy it more.

Jane Green
17-10-15, 01:57 AM
propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine. both are used in various food products PG is used in Ice cream as a sweetener and both are considered harmless to humans, since they are vapourised and not combusted they should be still be harmless and definately a less harmful carrier than tobacco, Everclear (grain alcohol) is just ethanol, the same stuff you get in vodka, whiskey or beer infact everclear is essentially just a very strong vodka with no additional flavourings = Pure vodka, not entirely harmless :) but hell it does the job and makes an excellent solvent. isopropyl acohol (IPA) is similar but it is not advised to drink the stuff but is still an excellent solvent but may influence the taste.

John G
17-10-15, 05:34 PM
Any updates?

Canadaejuice
04-11-15, 04:50 PM
You know you can also mix shatter or butter into straight PG - propylene glycol and use it as an ejuice . With no combustion and instant delivery you will love it. We also see the PG and VG in various sizes if interested at our vape shop canada ejuice

HeebyJ
09-02-16, 11:03 AM
I would just like to add to this old thread.

Vapor is like the nectar the humming bird can receive with it's flapping wings, you've got to try hard to get the money together but it's a bigger reward.

I find smoking burns me about 25% as much as I burn the spliff so you're always left wanting more even if I burn pure spliff as I have for years.

Vapor rules. It's like the evolution of man carried the spliff with him to the present day but those notorious humans always want more and vapor is the higher stage for everyone to reach.

I feel like vapor is the way weed was meant to be inhaled and when I've smoked a bowl or heaven forbid a spliff I've regretted it.

If weed was able to talk, would you be able to convince him to let you set him on fire ? There's no need to set fire to weed and you lose some of the potency I find too.

Thanks