PDA

View Full Version : 1st grow in coco and wilma 4 mentored by Judd007

Pages : [1] 2

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 09:21 AM
Hi guys

well im about to embark on a brand new learning curve again ;)

i have done 2 grows both in soil,2nd grow nearly finished.
i have 0% experience with coco and i have 0% experience with a wilma 4 and i have 0% experience using ec/ph pens . you ready for this judd lol ;)

the reason this has come about is my uncle has been growing but using miracle grow and tomorite , his last grow wasnt any good so he went fook that went to the hydro shop and spent £260 quid on a wilma and all the gear as you do then proceeded to ask me for help lol .....
hes a bit of a technophobe hence im here .

so weve got all the gear and no idea :joint:

i have of course been reading all the sections here about it but again i have confused myself with a wall of text ......

here is a list of the stuff and grow room :

1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent
600w hps in cool hood
wilma 4 11ltr pots i think can get the bigger ones if needed
essentials pens ec /ph both calibrated
fish tank heater tube to keep res temps stable
pump and air stone to keep nutes in wilma oxygenated
coco professional plus
coco canna A and B nutes
liquid silicone
ph down
ph buffer 7
conductivity standard
and a bottle of co2 flung in as a freebie cos he spent over £200 quid lol

we have went for the Dr krippling incredible bulk as its quite hardy and noob resistant by all accounts so is the ideal seed for me lol ;)
http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/dr-krippling-incredible-bulk-feminised-seeds-4542

Mod please remove link if not allowed and i apologize if not allowed .

we have started to germinate the seeds using the paper towel method awaiting action ;):joint:

ERBURT
08-10-15, 10:16 AM
Oioi glad you took my advice mate.
Subbed up daza

serdarsen8
08-10-15, 11:02 AM
hey!
im now going my 2nd run with wilma 4big and coco. i have a ton of tips for you. just gonna give the ones i found most important.

my tent is 1x1 with a 600w looking down. i got almost a gr per watt of jack herer autos if its a goal for you. wilma is not modified.

- do not let the coco dry out, no matter who says what. i am using digital timer with minute intervals.
my answer of the BIG question is; i was using less but longer waterings in the beginning (like 2-3 times a day) and i intentionally let the medium go a little bit dry for young roots to search for moist. im not talking about seedling though. at the end, itwas like 20 times a day with shorter intervals. black drippers all the way. how many minutes drippers should be open is subject to experimentation, you may want to check reservoir levels for a better guess. squish coco in your hands, if very little water comes between ur fingers, thats the lowest level of moisture u need to have.

- flush is important, which i lacked and see the results myself. flush at least w your tank amount of water and no less than once a month. what i did is to flush the medium until runout ppm is close to tap water. you may give them plain water for a day before adding nutes.

- u may need additional cal / calmag because of the nature of the medium.

- 2.0 tent is not high enough since wilma takes a good 40-50cms of it, not even mentioning lights. i suggest plant training of any kind restricting vertical growth.
i cant link my grow, you can google 'jack herer auto wilma 600w' and 1st one is probably me :)
i hope this helps you some.

cheers!

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 11:43 AM
Oioi glad you took my advice mate.
Subbed up daza

why wouldnt i take your advice mate ;)

with your advice on my last grow ive learned to listen well and listen good lol

welcome aboard mate ;)

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 11:46 AM
hey!
im now going my 2nd run with wilma 4big and coco. i have a ton of tips for you. just gonna give the ones i found most important.

my tent is 1x1 with a 600w looking down. i got almost a gr per watt of jack herer autos if its a goal for you. wilma is not modified.

- do not let the coco dry out, no matter who says what. i am using digital timer with minute intervals.
my answer of the BIG question is; i was using less but longer waterings in the beginning (like 2-3 times a day) and i intentionally let the medium go a little bit dry for young roots to search for moist. im not talking about seedling though. at the end, itwas like 20 times a day with shorter intervals. black drippers all the way. how many minutes drippers should be open is subject to experimentation, you may want to check reservoir levels for a better guess. squish coco in your hands, if very little water comes between ur fingers, thats the lowest level of moisture u need to have.

- flush is important, which i lacked and see the results myself. flush at least w your tank amount of water and no less than once a month. what i did is to flush the medium until runout ppm is close to tap water. you may give them plain water for a day before adding nutes.

- u may need additional cal / calmag because of the nature of the medium.

- 2.0 tent is not high enough since wilma takes a good 40-50cms of it, not even mentioning lights. i suggest plant training of any kind restricting vertical growth.
i cant link my grow, you can google 'jack herer auto wilma 600w' and 1st one is probably me :)
i hope this helps you some.

cheers!

thanks mate for the tips and advice much appreciated ;)

i will be doing Lst with them and topping so space wont be an issue , i hope lol ;) :joint:

Bud Lightyear
08-10-15, 12:42 PM
Good luck with grow lads, Daz Im sure Judd will keep you on the path :) @ serdarsen8 whilst I appreciate your eagerness to help, this is a mentored diary mate, we have this section so that student & mentor can work together away from the main diary section without being bombarded with loads of different advice and opinions, cheers mukka :)

Regards BL

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 12:44 PM
thanks bud ;) :joint:

ERBURT
08-10-15, 01:05 PM
Yourll be buying yourself all this gear once you see wot happens lol.
Good luck an nice one Judd hes a good lad.

serdarsen8
08-10-15, 01:33 PM
Good luck with grow lads, Daz Im sure Judd will keep you on the path :) @ serdarsen8 whilst I appreciate your eagerness to help, this is a mentored diary mate, we have this section so that student & mentor can work together away from the main diary section without being bombarded with loads of different advice and opinions, cheers mukka :)

Regards BL

uh thanks mate i didnt know that. daz said all help appreciated and i just put my 2 cents :)

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 01:38 PM
yeah my fault thats just habit at the end of a post me putting that, could a mod take it out of my original post so there is no confusion , hands up my fault sorry chaps ;) :joint:

still appreciated the advice though mate ;)

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 01:40 PM

ive already started dropping hints to the wife , today is my birthday and just casually dropped in conversation is it ok for me to get an ec pen then lol and she knows im after a wilma so watch this space lol. ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 01:46 PM
Woohoo good to be up and running Daz, I have to admit I am terrible for giving advice in mentored diaries as sometimes I forget I am in the mentored section. Good advice thou on the watering and not letting the coco dry out, I lost two seedlings doing that :(

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 01:49 PM
Quick question Daz, what are you going to do with seeds once sprouted, coco pellets or coir pellets are brilliant for young seeds :)

Dazmandaz
08-10-15, 03:11 PM
was going to put them in seedling soil then when up planting them put them into coco in the wilma pots? or smaller pots ill do what ever im advised to do mate ;)

if you say coco pellets then ill go get them or the cubes ;)

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 03:17 PM
was going to put them in seedling soil then when up planting them put them into coco in the wilma pots? or smaller pots ill do what ever im advised to do mate ;)

if you say coco pellets then ill go get them or the cubes ;)

I wouldn't mix soil and coco mate, as coco is inert and contains no nutrients, where as soil contains nutrients, it makes feeding harder as its guess work to what the soil has in it nutrient wise. Coco pellets are great if you have them, but a yoghurt pot filled with coco and a some irrigation holes is just as good. You can also use the bottom of a 1 litre pop bottle, with some tape across it to block out the light, and a few holes to let any excess feed out..

You will also need to get some clear domes to go over the top of the seedlings, to keep the humidity up, again you don't need to be posh about it, just cut the top off a couple of 2 litre pop bottles and they will do the job just as good as anything you will spend money on :)

How long since you put the seeds in the paper towel?, I usually put them in a Chinese container you get from the takeaway, then put them in the airing cupboard where its nice and warm. I usually see them sprout within 24-48 hrs.

Buster
08-10-15, 03:36 PM

Even though he's got a weird accent. A true farmer ;) joke

Subbing up for the ride guys if that's ok pls

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 03:46 PM
Even though he's got a weird accent. A true farmer ;) joke

Subbing up for the ride guys if that's ok pls

Haha my accent is normal its the rest of you that speak weird lol :D

Buster
08-10-15, 04:02 PM
I bet I know roughly where you from with accent lol. I bet you got a combine harvester hahaha!!!!

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 05:19 PM
I bet I know roughly where you from with accent lol. I bet you got a combine harvester hahaha!!!!

Samwise Gamgee from the Shire fella :)

You got to love a bit of the Wurzel's lol :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc

Buster
08-10-15, 05:23 PM
That's quality Judd and fare play mate ;) thought it was the shires sort of area. Lived that way for a number years when I was younger. Any way good luck with the grow lads and I've subbed

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 06:29 PM
Hey Daz,

Well I have my thinking cap on I thought I would write down a few things that you may need to think about going forward. These aren't things you need to answer straight away but more things to think about.

1. Its best to let water sit for at least 24 hrs before you use it to feed your plants, this is so chlorine and other additives can disperse. You may want to look at getting a reservoir of some kind, I use a 60 litre recycling bin, as my reservoir is 50 litres, I have put a picture below:

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah215/judderman0071/2015-10-08%2018.17.57_zpsdvq4nrda.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/judderman0071/media/2015-10-08%2018.17.57_zpsdvq4nrda.jpg.html)

2. You will need to be able to transfer this into the Wilma reservoir, you can do it by hand, but its quicker and less painful to use some hose and a water pump.

3 Its best to start off in a small pot as above, like a yoghurt pot I usually then pot up to a 1 or 5 litre pot, then get them in their final pots.

4 Do you have any Canna Rhizotonic or another root stimulant, this will really help the roots establish in the pots, and then you will get bigger bushier plants.

5. Emptying the Wilma, not as straight forward as you may think when its got 50 litres of feed in it, you can use the supplied pump but it will not properly empty the reservoir. So again you may need to empty the last 10 litres or so by hand.

Like I say these are things to think about, and if you need help or idea's then ask :)

kbag
08-10-15, 08:23 PM
Judd about time you mentored someone imo, Dazmandaz your in good hands and atb guys on this grow.

Samwise Gamgee
08-10-15, 08:35 PM
Judd about time you mentored someone imo, Dazmandaz your in good hands and atb guys on this grow.

Really glad you have subbed up kbag, all the wacky idea's I have had over my grows you have been totally honest about them, and pretty much all the time you have been right :)

Well actually all of the time lol

kbag
08-10-15, 09:20 PM
Really glad you have subbed up kbag, all the wacky idea's I have had over my grows you have been totally honest about them, and pretty much all the time you have been right :)

Well actually all of the time lol

Lol Judd i wish, nothing wrong with wacky ideas that is how most things come about.:)

Bulls
08-10-15, 11:27 PM
I will sub to this one as well fellas. Good luck. I am currently growing 4 of them incredible bulks and it's so far so good. Good luck guys.

Dazmandaz
09-10-15, 08:25 AM
Hey Daz,

Well I have my thinking cap on I thought I would write down a few things that you may need to think about going forward. These aren't things you need to answer straight away but more things to think about.

1. Its best to let water sit for at least 24 hrs before you use it to feed your plants, this is so chlorine and other additives can disperse. You may want to look at getting a reservoir of some kind, I use a 60 litre recycling bin, as my reservoir is 50 litres, I have put a picture below:

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah215/judderman0071/2015-10-08%2018.17.57_zpsdvq4nrda.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/judderman0071/media/2015-10-08%2018.17.57_zpsdvq4nrda.jpg.html)

2. You will need to be able to transfer this into the Wilma reservoir, you can do it by hand, but its quicker and less painful to use some hose and a water pump.

3 Its best to start off in a small pot as above, like a yoghurt pot I usually then pot up to a 1 or 5 litre pot, then get them in their final pots.

4 Do you have any Canna Rhizotonic or another root stimulant, this will really help the roots establish in the pots, and then you will get bigger bushier plants.

5. Emptying the Wilma, not as straight forward as you may think when its got 50 litres of feed in it, you can use the supplied pump but it will not properly empty the reservoir. So again you may need to empty the last 10 litres or so by hand.

Like I say these are things to think about, and if you need help or idea's then ask :)

Hi guys welcome aboard ;) :joint:

hi judd were already working our way through the list ;)

1: hes already got a 60 litre container filled with water also have an air pump and stone running through it to help air it and oxygenate it ;)

2:got a pump and hose for this job ;)

3&4:were of to the hydro on sat to get the coco pelets and rhizo for the roots ,also have different size pots for up potting ,done photos previously ;)

5: we will sort something out ..

the seeds are germinating, the paper towel method they should be ready for the coco pellets on saturday .

will update you when we have the stuff and thanks again judd much appreciated mate ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
09-10-15, 09:46 AM
Hi guys welcome aboard ;) :joint:

hi judd were already working our way through the list ;)

1: hes already got a 60 litre container filled with water also have an air pump and stone running through it to help air it and oxygenate it ;)

2:got a pump and hose for this job ;)

3&4:were of to the hydro on sat to get the coco pelets and rhizo for the roots ,also have different size pots for up potting ,done photos previously ;)

5: we will sort something out ..

the seeds are germinating, the paper towel method they should be ready for the coco pellets on saturday .

will update you when we have the stuff and thanks again judd much appreciated mate ;) :joint:

Great news fella, glad you have everything in hand, it will make your life easier going forward :)

Dazmandaz
11-10-15, 12:42 AM
just to let you know got the seeds popped in the coco pellets in a heated propagator ,all looking good so far , dont think i need to post a picture of a coco pelllet showing nothing yet so wont bother lol

but will defo do loads of photos when further on ;)

and good luck with yer grow mate ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
11-10-15, 09:44 AM
Great news mate, I decided yesterday to get the GSC seeds into germinate, so we should pretty much be growing in parallel :)

Dazmandaz
11-10-15, 04:40 PM
When do we move the seedlings fro. The coco pellets to a pot?

Also the Web site for rhizo says 4ml per litre water. That to hot?

Also when will we be using the wilma to feed them? ;)

Samwise Gamgee
11-10-15, 07:38 PM
When do we move the seedlings fro. The coco pellets to a pot?

Also the Web site for rhizo says 4ml per litre water. That to hot?

Also when will we be using the wilma to feed them? ;)

Hi Daz, I usually put the coco pellets into a drinking cup filled with coco, then usually when they are established you can pot up to 1 litre pots. After the 1 litre pots I would put them straight into their final pots.

Maybe to start the seeds off just add the rhizo at 2ml per litre, I am sure they will be fine on that.

I didn't use the Wilma to feed until they were in there big pots, and just hand fed them until I potted them up.

Hope that helps fella :)

Dazmandaz
11-10-15, 07:43 PM
thanks mate ;)

Samwise Gamgee
14-10-15, 07:31 PM
thanks mate ;)

Any signs of life above ground yet fella?

Dazmandaz
14-10-15, 11:23 PM
yes mate and have been planted in small pots with coco ,on 2 ml rhizo per litre of water , when do we start to feed them the canna stuff? and how much and how often ?

also on a side note do you need to ph the water to feed them the rhizo at this stage? i think you dont have to at this stage ,am i wrong?

im up there tomorrow so will get some pics and update properly ;) :joint:

Bulls
15-10-15, 06:23 AM
Get some photos mate so we can seen them beauties :) just a hint - always ph your water to 5.8 mate :)

Samwise Gamgee
15-10-15, 08:24 AM
yes mate and have been planted in small pots with coco ,on 2 ml rhizo per litre of water , when do we start to feed them the canna stuff? and how much and how often ?

also on a side note do you need to ph the water to feed them the rhizo at this stage? i think you dont have to at this stage ,am i wrong?

im up there tomorrow so will get some pics and update properly ;) :joint:

Hi Daz,

You don't need to start feeding them until they get there second lot of true leaves, the first lot of leaves are the seed leaves, so its the two sets after that, its usually about 2 weeks in.

Me and Buls must be different here, I don't bother PHing the water until I start adding nutrients to the feed, I cant see it would cause problems either way really, your not going to get nutrient lock out with no nutrients, and PH all the time is probably good practice.

Looking forward to seeing the pics, hoping my girls make an appearance in the next couple of days :)

Bulls
15-10-15, 08:40 AM
Hello Judd, sorry to get in your business :) I thought that Rhizo contains nutrients as well and that's why canna recommends setting up the ph after use? And the tap water itself contains nutrients too so a higher or lower ph than the acceptable range will not deliver the needed nutrients to the roots in coco? I always PH my water even when germinating seeds. It's just my point of view. Correct me if I am wrong mate :)

Dazmandaz
15-10-15, 09:12 AM
im of that school of thinking judd with phing water at this stage for seed, but like you said be a good habit to get into , just as well learn good habits from the start rather than trying to learn later on or try to stop a bad habit lol .

i also see bulsatcoms theory as well ;)

its probably like one of those issues to defoliate or not to lol , every one has there own prefered method ;) :joint:

kbag
15-10-15, 09:31 AM
Lol guys now you have me wondering if to ph coco from seed or not. Its been a while since i have grown from seed:beer::joint: def do not help the old memory.

ERBURT
15-10-15, 10:14 AM
Would only take a pm to find out .... : )
My guess is it probly don't matter eitherway
At that stage......but??????

Samwise Gamgee
15-10-15, 01:20 PM
Hello Judd, sorry to get in your business :) I thought that Rhizo contains nutrients as well and that's why canna recommends setting up the ph after use? And the tap water itself contains nutrients too so a higher or lower ph than the acceptable range will not deliver the needed nutrients to the roots in coco? I always PH my water even when germinating seeds. It's just my point of view. Correct me if I am wrong mate :)

Rhizo is a root stimulant mate and does not add any EC to the mix, tap water generally only has trace elements of nutrients, I haven't PH, until I started feeding on my last 3 grows, but maybe its something I should be doing :)

I am not saying your wrong, this is something maybe we need Buds advice on :)

im of that school of thinking judd with phing water at this stage for seed, but like you said be a good habit to get into , just as well learn good habits from the start rather than trying to learn later on or try to stop a bad habit lol .

i also see bulsatcoms theory as well ;)

its probably like one of those issues to defoliate or not to lol , every one has there own prefered method ;) :joint:

It might be mate, but I suppose the safe way forward would be to PH the water to 5.8, it doesn't take long and better safe than sorry :)

Lol guys now you have me wondering if to ph coco from seed or not. Its been a while since i have grown from seed:beer::joint: def do not help the old memory.

Me as well lol

Would only take a pm to find out .... : )
My guess is it probly don't matter eitherway
At that stage......but??????

I suppose Bud usually grows from cuttings, so he would feed sooner than you do with seed, but as above I suppose the safe option would be to PH :)

Bulls
15-10-15, 01:32 PM
haha that went into a little discussion. Seems everyone has his point of view and tbh you haven't phd the water you still have healthy plants so as I so might be working both ways. It was Bud that advised me on 2ml rhizo per 1L ph 5.8 since the beginning. :)

Samwise Gamgee
15-10-15, 01:49 PM
haha that went into a little discussion. Seems everyone has his point of view and tbh you haven't phd the water you still have healthy plants so as I so might be working both ways. It was Bud that advised me on 2ml rhizo per 1L ph 5.8 since the beginning. :)

I usually start all my chillie plants off in coco pellets as well, and never Ph'd, but in all fairness it definitely wouldn't do any harm to Ph the feed mate, I suppose if you want to be 100% then its better to Ph and be certain than to not Ph and get problems :)

Dazmandaz
16-10-15, 08:44 AM
hi judd got some photos for you ;)

311403 311404 311405

they are sat on window sill ,with kitchen light on 24/24

ive told him to get domes for them as well ,sorting that today ;)

personally im thinking they need repotting again in same pots but with the pellets dropped deeper and more stem covered ? or leave till up potting to next size?

let me know what ya think , still on 2ml rhizo per ltre water feed

thanks for looking in ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
16-10-15, 09:40 AM
You need to get them under the light mate, they are stretching a lot, we can soil up the stem when you pot up and we may need to do that sooner rather than later.

Leggy little bitches :)

ERBURT
16-10-15, 10:03 AM
Did tell you not to plant till all was sorted daz ya nutter!
Put straws around them if they get tall.

Bulls
16-10-15, 10:27 AM
They are already tall Erb :D They look like Victoria's Secret models ffs :D

Dazmandaz
16-10-15, 11:04 AM
They are up at my uncles house mate that's where the grow is happening. I've still got my own stuff going on at mine lol.

Will get him to get them under a light asap and under domes ;)

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 12:18 PM
hi judd got some photos for you ;)

311403 311404 311405

they are sat on window sill ,with kitchen light on 24/24

ive told him to get domes for them as well ,sorting that today ;)

personally im thinking they need repotting again in same pots but with the pellets dropped deeper and more stem covered ? or leave till up potting to next size?

let me know what ya think , still on 2ml rhizo per ltre water feed

thanks for looking in ;) :joint:
They are up at my uncles house mate that's where the grow is happening. I've still got my own stuff going on at mine lol.

Will get him to get them under a light asap and under domes ;)

Hi Mate, sorry I didn't get a proper chance to reply yesterday as it was one of those days at work, and I didn't get home from work till late.

Looking at those seedlings has me a bit worried, I think we are going to need to do something about that stretch.

What I would do is carefully remove the coco pellets from those pots, empty all the coco out, then put the coco pellet in the bottom of the pot, and carefully soil up to the top of the pot. I would this for all of them fella.

Also is the tent ready yet?, if so get them under the light ASAP, make sure you do the back of the hand test, to make sure the light isn't too close, but get it down as close as you safely can.

It would be great if you could really get this done ASAP fella, or controlling that stretch is going to be really hard work, hope you have a good weekend mate :)

Bud Lightyear
17-10-15, 12:33 PM
Hi Mate, sorry I didn't get a proper chance to reply yesterday as it was one of those days at work, and I didn't get home from work till late.

Looking at those seedlings has me a bit worried, I think we are going to need to do something about that stretch.

What I would do is carefully remove the coco pellets from those pots, empty all the coco out, then put the coco pellet in the bottom of the pot, and carefully soil up to the top of the pot. I would this for all of them fella.

Also is the tent ready yet?, if so get them under the light ASAP, make sure you do the back of the hand test, to make sure the light isn't too close, but get it down as close as you safely can.

It would be great if you could really get this done ASAP fella, or controlling that stretch is going to be really hard work, hope you have a good weekend mate :)

Come on Daz get your arse into gear do what the man said ^^^^^^^

Regards BL

Dazmandaz
17-10-15, 02:43 PM
hi judd i was up at my uncles when i read this and was in middle of sorting it out ;)

been to the hydro got a new digital dimmable ballast 311505 hes gonna start the seedlings of at 400w is that ok ?

before i left we replanted the seedlings as well ,carefully got them out no damage done and then dropped them down to the bottom of the pot and refilled with coco
here they are now : 311506 311507 they look much better ;)

as i left he was upstairs sorting/moving his tent so they will be under the light and under domes in the next hour or 2 i will update soon as i hear its done .

its all in hand ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 03:01 PM
hi judd i was up at my uncles when i read this and was in middle of sorting it out ;)

been to the hydro got a new digital dimmable ballast 311505 hes gonna start the seedlings of at 400w is that ok ?

before i left we replanted the seedlings as well ,carefully got them out no damage done and then dropped them down to the bottom of the pot and refilled with coco
here they are now : 311506 311507 they look much better ;)

as i left he was upstairs sorting/moving his tent so they will be under the light and under domes in the next hour or 2 i will update soon as i hear its done .

its all in hand ;) :joint:

Great work mate, that looks a lot better, 400w on the ballast sounds like a good bet fella, get the light as close as the heat will allow, thought you would have it in hand :)

Dazmandaz
17-10-15, 03:46 PM
hi judd just had a call the seedlings are now under the light @400w about 18 inches above them 311515 ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 03:49 PM
Great news fella, they will love that light and will start to move a bit now :)

Shame you cant get your Uncle on here so that he could do the updates :)

Dazmandaz
17-10-15, 04:10 PM
Great news fella, they will love that light and will start to move a bit now :)

Shame you cant get your Uncle on here so that he could do the updates :)

i am working on that one mate ;)

small steps at a time , ideally id like him to take over the updates but id still be involved learning and that, as i am defo going to be going coco /wilma route very soon my self .

ill prod him more about updating it himself ;) :joint:

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 05:20 PM

small steps at a time , ideally id like him to take over the updates but id still be involved learning and that, as i am defo going to be going coco /wilma route very soon my self .

Its cool mate, just thought it would a lot easier on you, for him to do the updates, plus if there is anything urgently that needs doing he can get onto it rather than having to wait till you arrive :)

We are all friendly on here and we don't bite, and he might enjoy the forum once he gets on here :)

ERBURT
17-10-15, 05:44 PM
Gwaaaarrrrrn daza : ) coming on mate.

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 06:18 PM

Just another quick question Daz, do you know what light schedule your Uncle has these on?, anything from 18/6 upwards would be good :)

H3RBIE
17-10-15, 07:02 PM
Hi guys I.m Dazmans uncle, good to meet you guys and thanks for all the help and advice you have given already. I must admit I'm a bit of a munt when dealing with forums. How to copy,insert etc so I tend to avoid them. I have however been reading and absorbing what you guys are saying. I'll try to pop in and give some of the updates, but I think Dazman may have to mentor me on that one lol. Anyway enough said for now, thanks again

H3RBIE
17-10-15, 07:03 PM
Oh btw Judd the schedule is 18/6 atm let me know if you want me to change it ��

Samwise Gamgee
17-10-15, 07:37 PM
Hi guys I.m Dazmans uncle, good to meet you guys and thanks for all the help and advice you have given already. I must admit I'm a bit of a munt when dealing with forums. How to copy,insert etc so I tend to avoid them. I have however been reading and absorbing what you guys are saying. I'll try to pop in and give some of the updates, but I think Dazman may have to mentor me on that one lol. Anyway enough said for now, thanks again

Oh btw Judd the schedule is 18/6 atm let me know if you want me to change it ��

Nice to meet you H3RBIE, 18/6 is good and is what I would have suggested, I have run 24/0 and 20/4 before and the only noticeable difference is the electric used.

If you have any questions reference the forum just ask mate, I am a bit the same as you when it comes to forums, its a bit of a learning curve, but once you find your way round its a big collection of useful information :)

ERBURT
17-10-15, 07:39 PM
Hi uncle daz,wonder if your name is a take on mine haha.
Your in good hands mate,have a little surf around at the hydro
Grows yourll learn a silly amount off info.
Good luck with the grow.Judd will see you right.

Dazmandaz
17-10-15, 08:28 PM
at last ya fkin old duffer ............;)

judd between the two of us well keep it updated properly , he can whatsapp me pictures and ill upload them from my end ,and thanks again for this mate its much appreciated ;) :joint:

H3RBIE
18-10-15, 12:24 PM
Erburt my name comes from my surname, it's the nickname I've had since a boy. Quite fitting really as I smoke ridiculous amounts of the stuff lol

H3RBIE
19-10-15, 05:52 PM
311663ok guys I have a bit of a dilemma, should I water today or not? The plants are under domes, and there is still quite a bit of condensation in there. However the pots have dropped quite a bit of weight. They were watered last Thursday evening. So it's four days now. What do you think?

Samwise Gamgee
19-10-15, 06:04 PM
311663ok guys I have a bit of a dilemma, should I water today or not? The plants are under domes, and there is still quite a bit of condensation in there. However the pots have dropped quite a bit of weight. They were watered last Thursday evening. So it's four days now. What do you think?

Hi H3RBIE, yes mate you need to be watering them everyday, coco isn't like soil it doesn't hold the feed the same. That said I would just moisten the top of the coco, not saturate it, you want to encourage the roots to search out the moisture and fill the pots.

Hope this helps mate :)

H3RBIE
19-10-15, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the advice Judd, all sorted on the watering front, Herbie will do for the name mate, been looking at the little girls and each one is starting to show their 2nd set of true leaves, does that mean I should be feeding tomorrow? I have a natural ec of 0.5 so should I up to 0.7? ph of 5.8. Also how often should I be feeding? I'll add some decent photos tomorrow when I bring my camera back from work.

Samwise Gamgee
19-10-15, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the advice Judd, all sorted on the watering front, Herbie will do for the name mate, been looking at the little girls and each one is starting to show their 2nd set of true leaves, does that mean I should be feeding tomorrow? I have a natural ec of 0.5 so should I up to 0.7? ph of 5.8. Also how often should I be feeding? I'll add some decent photos tomorrow when I bring my camera back from work.

Can you grab some close up pictures Herbie?, you usually wait till you have two sets of formed true leaves before feeding, also you need to test the EC of your tap water, so we know what the baseline EC is, as that will determine how much we feed them :)

H3RBIE
19-10-15, 10:31 PM
Can you grab some close up pictures Herbie?, you usually wait till you have two sets of formed true leaves before feeding, also you need to test the EC of your tap water, so we know what the baseline EC is, as that will determine how much we feed them :)
I'll have some photos up tomorrow mate, the baseline of my water is 0.5 so 0.7 would only be taking it up by 0.2 :)

Dazmandaz
20-10-15, 12:40 AM
no stopping you now herbie keep it up ;) :joint:

and thanks judd ;)

Samwise Gamgee
20-10-15, 07:53 AM
I'll have some photos up tomorrow mate, the baseline of my water is 0.5 so 0.7 would only be taking it up by 0.2 :)

no stopping you now herbie keep it up ;) :joint:

and thanks judd ;)

Morning Herbie, might be worth getting some water ready to mix today, for once we have seen the pictures, I would probably just mix up a bout 5 litres, which will last about a week or so at this stage. Add 2ml per litre of Rhizo first, then equal amounts of Canna A&B to make the EC up to 0.7, then PH to 5.8. This will need to stand for 24 hrs, but then will be ready for when the plants are.

Knew he would soon get used to the forum Daz, hopefully save you a bit of time mate :)

Dazmandaz
20-10-15, 02:14 PM
hi judd

he has 50 litres of water bubbling away with an airstone been a week now . is this water ok to use or do a fresh lot ? thanks ;) :joint:

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 06:20 PM

Ok apparently I can only post 5 pics at a time, the girls are doing fine :) let me know what you think.

Samwise Gamgee
20-10-15, 07:10 PM
hi judd

he has 50 litres of water bubbling away with an airstone been a week now . is this water ok to use or do a fresh lot ? thanks ;) :joint:

50 Litres is great mate when we get to using the Wilma in anger, but while they are little I would only mix up 5 - 10 litres at a time fella, for 5 plants that will last you near on a week. If you mix up 50 litres, then you will end up chucking about 45 litres away after a week or so, and you will use a lot more nutes mixing up 50 litres at this stage.

When they are this small the biggest danger is over watering them, you want to dampen the coco so its moist and the roots search out the water in the pots. Mine are about a week behind yours, and yours are in bigger pots, but usually at this point I spray the inside of the domes and just moisten the top layer of the soil with a spray bottle.

Ok apparently I can only post 5 pics at a time, the girls are doing fine :) let me know what you think.

I cant see the pictures mate it just says:

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah215/judderman0071/Capture1_zpsms6tud4o.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/judderman0071/media/Capture1_zpsms6tud4o.jpg.html)

Here is a link for a post that Bud done, and its probably the least complicated way of uploading pictures easily, hope it helps :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?125147-Lightyear-s-Guide-To-Uploading-Photos

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 07:31 PM
50 Litres is great mate when we get to using the Wilma in anger, but while they are little I would only mix up 5 - 10 litres at a time fella, for 5 plants that will last you near on a week. If you mix up 50 litres, then you will end up chucking about 45 litres away after a week or so, and you will use a lot more nutes mixing up 50 litres at this stage.

When they are this small the biggest danger is over watering them, you want to dampen the coco so its moist and the roots search out the water in the pots. Mine are about a week behind yours, and yours are in bigger pots, but usually at this point I spray the inside of the domes and just moisten the top layer of the soil with a spray bottle.

I cant see the pictures mate it just says:

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah215/judderman0071/Capture1_zpsms6tud4o.jpg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/judderman0071/media/Capture1_zpsms6tud4o.jpg.html)

Here is a link for a post that Bud done, and its probably the least complicated way of uploading pictures easily, hope it helps :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?125147-Lightyear-s-Guide-To-Uploading-Photos

Hi Judd thanks for getting back so quick,
I have a 50 ltr container with unmixed water in so I can use the water for mixing feed/watering purposes atm. I wasn't planning on mixing it all at once lol. 5 litres sounds cool. As for the photo's I think I will do them from my phone as i didn't have a problem doing it that way. Give me 5 min

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 07:41 PM

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 07:43 PM
Lol sorry mate, told you i was a munt with comps etc

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 07:54 PM
Let's try again
311760 311761 311762 311763 311764
Fingers crossed, I've got it right this time

Samwise Gamgee
20-10-15, 08:00 PM
Lol sorry mate, told you i was a munt with comps etc

They are coming along nicely mate, yeah I would definitely mix up 5 litres ready, EC 0.7 should be about right for these, best to keep the EC low and steady at this point.

When you come to mixing up the feed just add the Rhizo at 2ml per litre, then the canna A&B at 1ml each to start with until you get used to the amounts you need. Also when you come to adding the Ph down just do it a couple of drops at a time, or even better mix up a diluted mix of water and Ph down, which makes it easier to add it in smaller amounts, without dropping the Ph like a stone.

You may find it takes a little bit till you get used to mixing up the feed, but after a while you will be able to do it blindfolded :)

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 08:30 PM
They are coming along nicely mate, yeah I would definitely mix up 5 litres ready, EC 0.7 should be about right for these, best to keep the EC low and steady at this point.

When you come to mixing up the feed just add the Rhizo at 2ml per litre, then the canna A&B at 1ml each to start with until you get used to the amounts you need. Also when you come to adding the Ph down just do it a couple of drops at a time, or even better mix up a diluted mix of water and Ph down, which makes it easier to add it in smaller amounts, without dropping the Ph like a stone.

You may find it takes a little bit till you get used to mixing up the feed, but after a while you will be able to do it blindfolded :)

Ok mate I've got that, I have already mixed up a diluted mix of ph down as I've been reading other posts that have mentioned it, so all good there. Daz is here at the moment so we're off to practise our chemistry. Should I be feeding tonight? Or should I continue with the water/rhizo mix for tonight.

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 08:42 PM
Hi Judd I also have a bottle of liquid silicon, should I be adding any of that to the feed mix?

Samwise Gamgee
20-10-15, 08:42 PM
Water and rhizo tonight mate, no real rush to feed them in all fairness, they are looking nice and healthy, maybe try a lite feed tomorrow :)

Samwise Gamgee
20-10-15, 09:49 PM
Hi Judd I also have a bottle of liquid silicon, should I be adding any of that to the feed mix?

Yes mate add that at the same time as the rhizo, but for 5 litres I would just add 2ml of the silicon, forgot you had got silicon :(

H3RBIE
20-10-15, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the help tonight Judd it's really appreciated, I know I'm being a pain but just a few more queries:

When should I take the domes off?

I have a variable ballast running at 400W atm, is that ok for now and when should I go up to 600W?

I see from your 1st diary you mention halo drippers and modifying your Wilma, would it be beneficial for me to do the same?

I know the last point may be a bit off but, fail to plan, plan to fail, and all that.

Anyway I'm off to my pit, got an early start tomorrow. Cheers again Judd :)

Samwise Gamgee
21-10-15, 08:11 AM
Hi Herbie,

Once you start feeding the plants that is when I would take the domes off, are you monitoring temps/humidity in your tent?, if not your probably going to need to get a hygrometer, the domes are essentially for humidity and you want your tent to be around 60-70% humidity at this stage.

I would keep the ballast on 400w for the duration of veg, then look at whacking it up to full pelt for flower, I am vegging under 96w this grow, and others veg under minimum wattage, so you might as well save the electricity at present :)

The halo drippers is totally up to you mate, but to use them you would need to build your own watering system, you may be better to see how you get on with the drippers at this stage, you can always add to your setup as you go along.

Totally agree mate on planning, its always down to the 7 P's, Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance :)

Have a good day :)

H3RBIE
21-10-15, 10:13 AM
Hi Judd thanks for the tips I have a hydrometer temps showing max 85F min 70F so that's under control. Humidity is presently around 40% so I will need to utilize the bucket and towel technique, unless you know of a better method.

Ballast is staying on the 400w for the veg, and I think I will see how it goes with the drippers ��.

Love the 7 P saying, never heard that one before.

Have a good one, chat later.

Samwise Gamgee
21-10-15, 01:07 PM
Hi Judd thanks for the tips I have a hydrometer temps showing max 85F min 70F so that's under control. Humidity is presently around 40% so I will need to utilize the bucket and towel technique, unless you know of a better method.

Ballast is staying on the 400w for the veg, and I think I will see how it goes with the drippers ��.

Love the 7 P saying, never heard that one before.

Have a good one, chat later.

Hi Herbie, any chance you can quote temps in Celsius as this is easier for the guys here, looks well in the sweet spot thou.

As the plants get bigger they will add to the humidity in the tent as well so although 40% may seem low you will find it will rise as the plants get bigger. Also when you have a 50 litre reservoir full in the tent that will also add to humidity, and also the ambient humidity which depends on the weather will also be a factor.

They will be fine well the domes are over them, but we may need to raise the humidity once we remove them but we will worry about that bridge when we come to crossing it :)

H3RBIE
21-10-15, 06:46 PM
Hi Herbie, any chance you can quote temps in Celsius as this is easier for the guys here, looks well in the sweet spot thou.

As the plants get bigger they will add to the humidity in the tent as well so although 40% may seem low you will find it will rise as the plants get bigger. Also when you have a 50 litre reservoir full in the tent that will also add to humidity, and also the ambient humidity which depends on the weather will also be a factor.

They will be fine well the domes are over them, but we may need to raise the humidity once we remove them but we will worry about that bridge when we come to crossing it :)

Hi Judd,

Just got home from work and the little ladies are thriving:

The temps showing are min 20.2C max 31.8C so I think I am ok on that score.
I've also been busy making up 5 ltr of feed ec 0.7 ph'd down to 5.8 I'm just going to let it settle now for a couple of hours then I will retest it.
So what do you think? Should I feed, or continue the rhizo mix for today?

Hope you had a good day :)

Samwise Gamgee
21-10-15, 07:26 PM
Hi Judd,

Just got home from work and the little ladies are thriving:

The temps showing are min 20.2C max 31.8C so I think I am ok on that score.
I've also been busy making up 5 ltr of feed ec 0.7 ph'd down to 5.8 I'm just going to let it settle now for a couple of hours then I will retest it.
So what do you think? Should I feed, or continue the rhizo mix for today?

Hope you had a good day :)

Can't see the attachment again mate, I would give them water and Rhizo today mate and let the feed settle over night, test it then give them a light feed tomorrow :)

H3RBIE
21-10-15, 08:45 PM
Can't see the attachment again mate, I would give them water and Rhizo today mate and let the feed settle over night, test it then give them a light feed tomorrow :)
All sorted mate, when you say a light feed, how much is that 10ml, 50 ml? Just wondering....

Samwise Gamgee
21-10-15, 09:51 PM
All sorted mate, when you say a light feed, how much is that 10ml, 50 ml? Just wondering....

Pretty much the same as you have been doing Herbie, just moisten the top of the coco, just try not to over water, especially as its there first feed, if you have a spray bottle I find they are good to use :)

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 06:42 PM
311918 311919. A couple of photo's from my phone, as it appears it's the only ones that work for me atm. Any comments are welcome :)

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 07:01 PM
Ok on the comp now, I've retested the feed mixture I made last night and the ec had risen to 0.8 I've readjusted it back down to 0.7 and ph is at 5.8.
Temps are min 23.4 max 32.4 so that seems fine humidity is only 30% though.
The ladies are looking a little yellowish in my opinion, but I guess it may be that they are needing a little feed.
I've got some roots showing at the bottom of two of the pots, so it seems they're searching well.
So should I give them a snack to kick off their appetite?

Samwise Gamgee
22-10-15, 07:03 PM
311918 311919. A couple of photo's from my phone, as it appears it's the only ones that work for me atm. Any comments are welcome :)

Looking good mate, reckon its time for a light feed next time they are due, still a little worried about that stretch thou, how far is the lamp away?, did you do the old back of the hand test Herbie?

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 07:22 PM
The height of my lamp Judd about 6 inches. I could lower a little more if I cut my domes down

Samwise Gamgee
22-10-15, 07:26 PM
The height of my lamp Judd about 6 inches. I could lower a little more if I cut my domes down

Once you give them a feed mate hopefully the stems will start thickening up, under 400w I am surprised they are still stretching, I would remove domes now, and see if that helps, but we will need to start keeping an eye on the humidity :)

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 07:29 PM
Back on the comp now, so much easier to type lol.
Should I take the domes off now that we're starting to feed? I could lower the light to about 3" from the top of the girls then, humidity will be a problem though.
Let me know what you think mate

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 07:31 PM
Once you give them a feed mate hopefully the stems will start thickening up, under 400w I am surprised they are still stretching, I would remove domes now, and see if that helps, but we will need to start keeping an eye on the humidity :)
I'll get a bucket and towel in there it should sort the humidity out

Samwise Gamgee
22-10-15, 07:33 PM
Back on the comp now, so much easier to type lol.
Should I take the domes off now that we're starting to feed? I could lower the light to about 3" from the top of the girls then, humidity will be a problem though.
Let me know what you think mate

I would, but do the back of the hand test when you move it lower fella, put your hand just above the top of the plants and lower it until its comfortable, if its too warm for the back of your hand its too warm for the plants!

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 07:59 PM
311930 Going back to comp

H3RBIE
22-10-15, 08:04 PM
311930 Going back to comp They're as close as i can get them comfortably Judd, Ill be checking them in 10 mins lol
Got an oscillating fan in there and also a 6" clip on blowing away in there.
The towel seems to be doing something, humidity rising now at 38%, but again something else to check in 10 min.
Fingers crossed things should be fine.

ERBURT
23-10-15, 10:14 AM
Humidifier from Argos £30
It's blue.very good bit if kit.

H3RBIE
23-10-15, 06:12 PM
Humidifier from Argos £30
It's blue.very good bit if kit.

Thanks Trbert I'll check it out tomorrow, just got home from work and I've got visitors here so cant check the ladies atm :(

H3RBIE
23-10-15, 06:38 PM
312035 . 312036

H3RBIE
23-10-15, 06:40 PM
312035 . 312036

Coco looking dry today, i'm off to B&Q for a spray in a min.
Any comments are welcome, back in a bit

Samwise Gamgee
23-10-15, 07:03 PM
I would give them a bit of a soaking mate, you may need to use a bit extra with those bigger pots :)

H3RBIE
23-10-15, 07:33 PM
I would give them a bit of a soaking mate, you may need to use a bit extra with those bigger pots :)

ok they've had a soaking mate, also topped up the coco to the rims. I'm pleased to report that there doesn't seem to be anymore stretching, in fact i cant tell the difference in height from yesterday.
I'll go get one of those humidifiers Erbert mentioned tomorrow cos its only just hitting 50%
The colours of the plants seem a bit yellow but we'll see how they react to the soak.
Thanks for your comments Judd, this is all new ground for me.

Samwise Gamgee
23-10-15, 07:57 PM
ok they've had a soaking mate, also topped up the coco to the rims. I'm pleased to report that there doesn't seem to be anymore stretching, in fact i cant tell the difference in height from yesterday.
I'll go get one of those humidifiers Erbert mentioned tomorrow cos its only just hitting 50%
The colours of the plants seem a bit yellow but we'll see how they react to the soak.
Thanks for your comments Judd, this is all new ground for me.

TBH with them being in the bigger pots already I think you may have to put about a 1/2 a litre daily through each of them., to keep the coco moist, its easier at this stage when they are in little pots. Hopefully with a couple of days soaking them the colour will straighten its self out.

I remember when I done auto's which were straight in there 18l pots, even when they were little I had to put about 1.5 litres through them just to soak the coco.

Great news on the stretch, hopefully now they are on a feed the stems will start to strengthen, worst case scenario is we might have to bang them straight in there final pots, which isn't the end of the world tbh, its better to pot up, but the great thing with photo's is that you have the time for them to settle in the pots :)

Its all a learning curve mate, even on my fourth grow I am testing and adjusting :)

H3RBIE
23-10-15, 08:20 PM
TBH with them being in the bigger pots already I think you may have to put about a 1/2 a litre daily through each of them., to keep the coco moist, its easier at this stage when they are in little pots. Hopefully with a couple of days soaking them the colour will straighten its self out.

I remember when I done auto's which were straight in there 18l pots, even when they were little I had to put about 1.5 litres through them just to soak the coco.

Great news on the stretch, hopefully now they are on a feed the stems will start to strengthen, worst case scenario is we might have to bang them straight in there final pots, which isn't the end of the world tbh, its better to pot up, but the great thing with photo's is that you have the time for them to settle in the pots :)

Its all a learning curve mate, even on my fourth grow I am testing and adjusting :)

Yeah I hear you on the pot issues mate but you live and learn, btw sorry to read about your seeds. I bought 10 cheezil seeds and only managed to grow anything from 3 of the little buggers. Can get expensive.
I've ordered a humidifier from Argos should be here tomorrow between 10 and 1, so that should sort that problem, alas I've got to work tomorrow so wont be able to set it up until tomorrow night.
I've a good feeling about this grow, it should surpass anything I've done before :)

Samwise Gamgee
23-10-15, 10:03 PM
Yeah I hear you on the pot issues mate but you live and learn, btw sorry to read about your seeds. I bought 10 cheezil seeds and only managed to grow anything from 3 of the little buggers. Can get expensive.
I've ordered a humidifier from Argos should be here tomorrow between 10 and 1, so that should sort that problem, alas I've got to work tomorrow so wont be able to set it up until tomorrow night.
I've a good feeling about this grow, it should surpass anything I've done before :)

Its only seeds at the end of the day mate, I enjoy the learning curve if I am honest, I am an ex-soldier and I suffer with PTSD, and mild OCD, so the growing is brilliant for me, it kind of kills two birds with one stone. The medication the Doctors gave me used to really mong me out, felt like I had a hangover every day. Since I have been smoking a few joints a day I have stopped the medication, and I can function without feeling like shit :)

Its a great hobby, I just wish that in my life time it becomes legal to grow the plant for personal use, the world would be a better place for it :)

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 05:32 PM
Good afternoon guys, just got home from work.
The humidifier arrived about 11 o'clock this morning, I got the mrs to unbox it and get it into the tent. Humidity now at 57%.
The top of the coco was looking a little dry, so I sprayed it with a bit of feed to keep it moist. I'm wondering if I need to soak again, what do you think?
I hear you about the legality, but I don't ever think it will be legal in this country until we get rid of the politicians. Democracy should mean power to the people, but in reality the people haven't any say. Unless of course your an ethnic minority. Anyway don't get me started.

I'll take some photo's in a bit, just enjoying a cuppa and a bit of dazman's fast n vast. Nice smoke.

Catch you'll in a bit

ERBURT
24-10-15, 06:26 PM
If you can,put that humidifier on something so its flat and off the tent floor.
You may get puddles from it leaking but yourll only need it for a short while.
Make sure there's no plugs on the floor.
Also cover it up with something same style as a teepee so you can only see the top
Of the nozel.its got a bright blue light in it and you want that coverd for lights off.

Samwise Gamgee
24-10-15, 07:14 PM
Good afternoon guys, just got home from work.
The humidifier arrived about 11 o'clock this morning, I got the mrs to unbox it and get it into the tent. Humidity now at 57%.
The top of the coco was looking a little dry, so I sprayed it with a bit of feed to keep it moist. I'm wondering if I need to soak again, what do you think?
I hear you about the legality, but I don't ever think it will be legal in this country until we get rid of the politicians. Democracy should mean power to the people, but in reality the people haven't any say. Unless of course your an ethnic minority. Anyway don't get me started.

I'll take some photo's in a bit, just enjoying a cuppa and a bit of dazman's fast n vast. Nice smoke.

Catch you'll in a bit

As they are in the bigger pots you may need to put a bit more through the coco mate, I think the best bet is to keep the coco moist :)

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:01 PM
If you can,put that humidifier on something so its flat and off the tent floor.
You may get puddles from it leaking but yourll only need it for a short while.
Make sure there's no plugs on the floor.
Also cover it up with something same style as a teepee so you can only see the top
Of the nozel.its got a bright blue light in it and you want that coverd for lights off.

Thanks for the tips Erb, the plugs are all suspended so all good there, I've turned my propagator base upside down and its on there now.
I was thinking of turning it off at night as its only 6 hrs. Would it matter as I'm still in the veg? I only ask cos I could be running the light 24/7. Or will the blue light hermie it or something?
Going to post some photos.....

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:16 PM
As they are in the bigger pots you may need to put a bit more through the coco mate, I think the best bet is to keep the coco moist :)
Thanks pal have just done it and taken some photos.

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:18 PM

Above and side veiws

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:22 PM
312107 312108 312109 312110 312111

Individuals close up

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:24 PM
312107 312108 312109 312110 312111

Individuals close up
notice the brownish tinges on the outsides of the leafs, is this ok or are they lacking something?

Samwise Gamgee
24-10-15, 08:33 PM
notice the brownish tinges on the outsides of the leafs, is this ok or are they lacking something?

That may have been my fault fella, reckon they needed feeding abit earlier than we did. Within a couple of days thou, they will turn round :(

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 08:43 PM
That may have been my fault fella, reckon they needed feeding abit earlier than we did. Within a couple of days thou, they will turn round :(
Yeah no probs, I thought that might have been the cause not overly worried, they are still upright!

ERBURT
24-10-15, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the tips Erb, the plugs are all suspended so all good there, I've turned my propagator base upside down and its on there now.
I was thinking of turning it off at night as its only 6 hrs. Would it matter as I'm still in the veg? I only ask cos I could be running the light 24/7. Or will the blue light hermie it or something?
Going to post some photos.....

No probs,not sure if water can get into where the wire goes into it so make sure
It doesn't sit in water if it does leak.
I'd run it all the time you need humidity up,at this stage
That's a yes,you want it 60-70 70 is best.

I'm bowing out now mate,Judd will steer you right with it.

H3RBIE
24-10-15, 11:08 PM
Thanks Erb Dont think I'm gonna hit 70 only just hitting 60 lol and that drops as soon as I open the groom.
Thanks for your help mate and please feel free to pop in occasionally :)

H3RBIE
25-10-15, 07:50 PM
The ladies today

And in their natural environment

Looking better :)

ERBURT
25-10-15, 11:38 PM
Bloody hell that's close to the light.
Carefull you don't fry em.
Must have a pukka fan running through that hood.

H3RBIE
26-10-15, 01:33 PM
Bloody hell that's close to the light.
Carefull you don't fry em.
Must have a pukka fan running through that hood.

They're ok Erb, its only on 400w, I don't think its a decent fan thou, it was the one that came with the kit and its the one piece of equipment that's hasn't been changed yet!!
The ladies seem to like it, no curling of leaves or anything yet :)

H3RBIE
26-10-15, 01:38 PM
Hi Judd, Hope you had a good weekend. I'm going to have to mix up another feed for Wednesday. Do I mix the same as before, or should I up the ec a little.
Currently I am 0.2 above the baseline

Cheers Herbie

Samwise Gamgee
26-10-15, 02:04 PM
Hi Herbie, mix up the same as before we need to get them green and don't want to make the mistake of over feeding them :)

Pictures are looking good mate they are coming along nicely :)

Ginger-bud
26-10-15, 02:12 PM
Yeah watch out with light that close I lost one of mine like that , went from healthy to completly frazzled in about 8 hours. Looking good tho won't go far wrong with the juddmeister ;)

kbag
27-10-15, 09:44 AM
Yeah watch out with light that close I lost one of mine like that , went from healthy to completly frazzled in about 8 hours. Looking good tho won't go far wrong with the juddmeister ;)

I agree there Ginger Bud the light looks to close. I know the air cooled hoods run cooler i can touch my glass without burning my hand. Remember to much light also damages plants , so be careful there.

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 09:59 AM
I moved the light up an inch yesterday, thanks for the concern kbag :)

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 10:12 AM
I moved the light up an inch yesterday, thanks for the concern kbag :)

I cant give you much advice on lights mate, as I grow with LED, but the rest of the guys here will steer you right on that one, cheers guys
:)

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 10:40 AM
I cant give you much advice on lights mate, as I grow with LED, but the rest of the guys here will steer you right on that one, cheers guys
:)

Any chance you can get the girls out in natural light mate and take a couple of snaps?, really hard to tell the colour of them under that light, the growth is looking great thou :)

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 10:42 AM
Yes will do as soon as I get home tonight, they are going greener:)

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 04:45 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/baafea8c801ef03cf9b7d2413eed233e.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/1ed823a45fcdc816f84b2b80d0553b48.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/781579191ffaba5c58ba096c96110997.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/26c26fc3d92a69d870b0165bd1a81284.jpg. Up to date photos

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 05:16 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/baafea8c801ef03cf9b7d2413eed233e.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/1ed823a45fcdc816f84b2b80d0553b48.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/781579191ffaba5c58ba096c96110997.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/27/26c26fc3d92a69d870b0165bd1a81284.jpg. Up to date photos

Its a bugger trying to tell the colour of these, in your opinion mate are they going greener daily or are they going from green to a tint of green and yellow?

If they are heading towards yellow again we might need to up the feed slightly, but if they are going towards green we would be better off leaving them. The worse thing we can do in my opinion is over feed at this stage, and I would rather under feed slightly than over feed and damage them.

Its really hard for me to gauge the colour from the pictures, but the growth is definitely going in the right direction :)

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 05:25 PM
They are definitely heading towards the green away from the yellow mate, but I'll keep my eye on them and make sure they don't start going the other way.
I let Dazman mix the feed earlier. When it came to checking the natural ec he looked at me puzzled and said it was 0. I almost pissed myself when I had to tell him to take the cap off the pen lol

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 05:35 PM
Great news mate, glad they are coming along nicely, handy hint for Daz that lol

TBH if you get used to reading the changes in the colour of your plants, then growing becomes more natural, and you will pretty much be able to tell when you need to up the feed, or keep it where it is. One of the pit falls can be that you can get a bit impatient, and try and up the EC to make them grow faster, and it just doesn't work like that, and they will just slow down, or you burn the plants.

Some times its a balancing act getting it right, but when you get a feel for it and find the plants sweet spot they will fly along :)

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 06:01 PM
Just to give you a bit of a feel for timings as well mate, and so its in the back of your head, I reckon that the best plan for these is that we look at getting them in the Wilma pots in about 1-2 weeks.

We haven't really talked about topping and training yet, but if anything I would definitely recommend you top these several times, I would also recommend some training so that we can get a nice even canopy for these girls.

I reckon they will be ready to top in about 2 weeks, maybe before, but at the same time the best bet would be to top them then get them into their big girls pots at the same time, as this will cut down on recovery time.

At some point we should also do a trial run with the Wilma and make sure everything is working as it should be, one thing to think about with the Wilma is how you are going to empty it. The pump that is supplied will empty most of the contents of the reservoir, but not all of it. So you either have to mod the pump, which I done, or empty the last 10 litres or so manually.

Like I say the above are things to think about, and if you need any advice ask away :)

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 07:11 PM
Sounds good pal, the Wilma system is brand new so I don't think we will have any problems there. 2 weeks away seems right to me too.

Topping and training is a must, but I'm a total noob there so I'll follow any advice you give :)
Also sounds good killing 2 birds with one stone and repotting at the same time.
Emptying the Wilma shouldn't be a problem, so don't worry on that one. I'll set up a regime where I'll change the water,calibrate the pens etc at the weekends.

Must say that I m looking forward to getting it all up and running :)

Samwise Gamgee
27-10-15, 07:48 PM
Sounds good pal, the Wilma system is brand new so I don't think we will have any problems there. 2 weeks away seems right to me too.

Topping and training is a must, but I'm a total noob there so I'll follow any advice you give :)
Also sounds good killing 2 birds with one stone and repotting at the same time.
Emptying the Wilma shouldn't be a problem, so don't worry on that one. I'll set up a regime where I'll change the water,calibrate the pens etc at the weekends.

Must say that I m looking forward to getting it all up and running :)

Sounds good fella, what I would do before we pot up is order some cable ties off ebay, and some pipe cleaners. Its a lot easier to prepare the pots before the training than realise you need to do it afterwards. Drill a small hole in each corner of the Wilma pots, at the top near the rim, and also drill a hole in the middle of each side, so you have 8 holes, then attach a cable tie, but leave a big loop.

That way it will allow you to attach the pipe cleaners around the branches of the plants and secure them to the cable tie loops, the great thing with pipe leaners is you can start them off loose, and tighten the pipe cleaners every couple of days :)

I will get some pictures up of how I done mine in the next few days.

Dazmandaz
27-10-15, 08:26 PM
They are definitely heading towards the green away from the yellow mate, but I'll keep my eye on them and make sure they don't start going the other way.
I let Dazman mix the feed earlier. When it came to checking the natural ec he looked at me puzzled and said it was 0. I almost pissed myself when I had to tell him to take the cap off the pen lol

chortle chortle.......... ;) :joint:

ill probably be up there tomorrow or day after ill get some decent photos judd ;)

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 11:19 PM
Looked at the girls closely tonight, I think we need to up the feed a little as even the new leaves are showing yellow tinges around the edges, what do you think?

ERBURT
27-10-15, 11:33 PM
Herbie me ol mate.....how far away is the light now?
I wonder if their bleaching.
Maybe raise the light to about 10inch to a ft away for a
Couple days an see if they green up before upping feed.

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 11:33 PM
Ok matey, I'll do it now

H3RBIE
27-10-15, 11:40 PM
Ok I've lifted the light up to about a foot, this yellowing has come on since this afternoon, they looked fine earlier :(

ERBURT
28-10-15, 12:07 AM
Sure their be fine.
Just give it a couple days an watch the color.
might be too bright for them that's all.
It'll be the new growth that greens up first
So watch that.

Yourll be the better judge on whether to up the feed or not Judd
So just chucking the light thing out there as something to watch mate.
As it was right on top of them,Hopefully itll work.

Dazmandaz
28-10-15, 04:17 AM
Herbie me ol mate.....how far away is the light now?
I wonder if their bleaching.
Maybe raise the light to about 10inch to a ft away for a
Couple days an see if they green up before upping feed.

hi erb

i also wondered this as well and mentioned in passing comment to herb as i had seen bleaching before (diarys) but it was usually to do with leds

obviously im a new grower and im making my own assumptions and im not fully confident with saying it is defo this or that so tend to leave it to you experienced guys :joint:

also the fact with herb saying its started yellowing in half a day tends me to belive its bleaching as well .in my noob opinion ;)

its being fed already surely it wouldnt eat itself all up in half a day ? but what the fook do i know im still learning lol ;)

im only saying this aloud so i know my self and herbie for certain for future grows ;)

and thanks again for all your help judd and erb ;) :joint:

Dazmandaz
28-10-15, 04:26 AM
heres a link to a sticky on here to light guide measurement ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?362-Light-Distance-Chart-s

kbag
28-10-15, 06:51 AM
heres a link to a sticky on here to light guide measurement ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?362-Light-Distance-Chart-s

Nice one Daz for putting the link up. I do not like butting in on a mentored grow, but as Judd grows with a led and has gave us permission to steer you right i will. You need to get that light a couple inches outside the optimal as shown on the chart for now. If you are using 600watt hps this will be 31 inches by the chart. If you are using a dimmable ballast make sure you are using the correct bulb for the setting. If you are running it at 400w make sure its either a 400w metal halide or dual spectrum bulb.
If you are underfeeding the light being so close would make the problem a lot worse.
I am confident if you get your light up you will see a improvement in these plants. When you move plants from one environment to another you must give them time to adjust, you brought the plants in to the groom from a window sill. I would have had my hps 40" away for a couple days then lowered her down slowly onto such young plants.
Once you have got some nice green new growth then start to lower the light into the optimal range. Oh and if you could some nice clear photo's of the plants this will help Judd tremendously on seeing where they are.

H3RBIE
28-10-15, 10:29 AM
Took the girls outside in the sunlight for some photos. They are looking better, even just overnight

H3RBIE
28-10-15, 10:31 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/ce4623178181a97d8c006cca1e76c6ec.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/a979a0ea521eb46f66437f616c3ab5ee.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/8922d47c66fb46c087087b96aded1957.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/ddb7eb9dd48ddbd2083ebabf5fbaaa28.jpg

Any comments welcome

Samwise Gamgee
28-10-15, 11:37 AM
Brilliant, those pictures don't look as bad as the flash made out, thanks for the help with the lights folks having only ever grown under LED its really hard to advise on something I have absolutely no experience with.

Bleaching can be a bit of a funny one, I think it best to leave them a couple of days and see if the light makes a difference, before upping the feed, they are looking greener than the flash pictures showed before.

If they continue to yellow we might have to up the EC by 0.1 to get them going green again, but best to give them a day or so before making that decision :)

Bulls
28-10-15, 11:41 AM
Looking good to me. Judd is on the case mate he will sort you out. If it's not the bleeching it will be the feed. Both things easy to be deal with.

H3RBIE
28-10-15, 11:53 AM
Thx guys; out and about at the mo. I think they will be fine under your expert eyes

ERBURT
28-10-15, 02:02 PM
No probs,when you take pics just do it right out of the way of the light
So under normal light with no flash mainly but the odd one is good.
When under normal light an no flash you can see how green they are much
Easier.even if you take them in another room.

Try an keep them indoors aswell mate.
Only takes a moth or butterfly to lay a few eggs then you
Got catipillars plus spider mites and loads of other
Nastys you don't want in your tent from outside.

They will love the sun tho lol.

H3RBIE
29-10-15, 12:18 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/29/4b7900b2896d0d68cd4cbc7e1f494e04.jpg

Just a quick pic from earlier. Greenness seems to be coming back.
I'm not feeding today as pots still seem quite heavy, that's ok isn't it?
Everyone comments are welcome :)

kbag
29-10-15, 12:31 PM

Thats the way to do it can really see how healthy the plants are in the pics.

H3RBIE
29-10-15, 12:35 PM
Thanks mate, they're coming along nicely now, it's a fine line on the lamp height with the stretching/bleaching, but I think I've got a handle on it now

Samwise Gamgee
29-10-15, 12:40 PM

Hi Herbie, loving these pictures, its a lot easier to see the greenness in these, probably be good if you can do daily posts for a few days so we can see which way these are swinging.

With the coco you need to water daily, you need to flush out the old and in with the new on a daily basis, it doesn't store nutrients in the same way soil does, so by not water them you are not feeding them. I would carry on with the 1 litre through each pot daily, these will really start to kick into action then :)

With soil the weight of the pots is a good indicator of when to feed them, but with coco you feed daily mate :)

kbag
29-10-15, 12:41 PM
Thanks mate, they're coming along nicely now, it's a fine line on the lamp height with the stretching/bleaching, but I think I've got a handle on it now

It is mate especially when they are young. A little stretch you can always sort out as you pot up by burying the stems down abit.

H3RBIE
29-10-15, 12:42 PM
Hi Herbie, loving these pictures, its a lot easier to see the greenness in these, probably be good if you can do daily posts for a few days so we can see which way these are swinging.

With the coco you need to water daily, you need to flush out the old and in with the new on a daily basis, it doesn't store nutrients in the same way soil does, so by not water them you are not feeding them. I would carry on with the 1 litre through each pot daily, these will really start to kick into action then :)

With soil the weight of the pots is a good indicator of when to feed them, but with coco you feed daily mate :)
Thank you Judd, it was a point I was pondering on :)

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 09:54 AM
A few photo's from this morning
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/d48f8fd9ec406ecf41cde62f9b756cf2.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/69d42450928212c792335c9368d295d3.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/b0aef6258e7e4a5bbfc3bd3756b125f1.jpg. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/2014f87fa49bfc8013114afb1c8346ae.jpg

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 12:02 PM
They are definitely going in the right direction mate, beginning to green up nicely now mate :)

kbag
30-10-15, 12:25 PM
You know i was saying about using the correct wattage bulb for the setting on the dimmable ballast. BL explains it nicely here:
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?136320-400w-hps-bulb-in-250w-hps-ballast

Bulls
30-10-15, 01:27 PM
New growth is nice and green. A good sign you're moving in the right direction as Judd said^^ :)

ERBURT
30-10-15, 04:17 PM
Now your leaves are getting large
You can notice more,see how the leaves are
Curled upwards,that's heat stress.
It's called canoeing.
Defo greening up now too.

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 07:09 PM
Now your leaves are getting large
You can notice more,see how the leaves are
Curled upwards,that's heat stress.
It's called canoeing.
Defo greening up now too.
Just went out today and upgraded my fan to a rhino twin speed, let's see if that sorts it out. I'll be installing it in a mo

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 07:10 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/7c58cc9f31801c006e1b37f07357d92f.jpg

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 07:15 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/30/7c58cc9f31801c006e1b37f07357d92f.jpg

Love the Rhino fans, I have the one speed one but these look great, probably allow you to run it on the lower speed for veg, but on the higher speed for flower when they start stinking :)

What kind of temps have you been getting fella?

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:04 PM
Hi mate,
I've been hitting 32 max during the day and 20 at night.
I'm building a new groom at the no so I bought a oil filled radiator to go in there, but I might put it in the tent to help the night time temps. what do you think?

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 08:09 PM
Hi mate,
I've been hitting 32 max during the day and 20 at night.
I'm building a new groom at the no so I bought a oil filled radiator to go in there, but I might put it in the tent to help the night time temps. what do you think?

20c isn't bad at all mate for the low, 32c is a bit on the high side, so that fan will definitely help with that, I wouldn't worry too much about the oil radiator at the minute. If it drops below about 18c at night then it maybe worth using it :)

How have you been finding the humidity lately?, we have had a few damp days here and I have noticed it rising during lights off, a little bit of heat may help with that as well :)

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:12 PM
I've been struggling to get to 50% during the day, at night it goes up a little, but I have the fans and the extraction still running so that helps I suppose

ERBURT
30-10-15, 08:13 PM
Yeah good fans they are,I've got a rhino temp controlled
Blinding bit if kit.

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:13 PM
Check out my new groom I'm building. Hopefully going to get in dialled right in

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:20 PM
Oh btw I'll be mixing another5 litres up tomorrow, should I keep it the same?

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 08:22 PM
I've been struggling to get to 50% during the day, at night it goes up a little, but I have the fans and the extraction still running so that helps I suppose

50% at the minute is probably good, its very damp here, so I have struggled to keep it under 60% and I am in flower at the second, but I have plenty of air flow, if you stay at 50% you will be good for flower as well :)

Humidity does tend to rise as the plants get bigger thou, so you may find it will swing the other way quickly :(

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:22 PM
Yeah good fans they are,I've got a rhino temp controlled
Blinding bit if kit.
Certainly a damn sight quieter already mate, esp as its in the bedroom atm

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 08:24 PM
Oh btw I'll be mixing another5 litres up tomorrow, should I keep it the same?

AS long as they keep turning green mate I would keep it the same, 5 litres will only last a day or so, so if they start to yellow we can give then an extra 0.1, they are going the right way at the minute thou, so don't want to feed them hot :(

H3RBIE
30-10-15, 08:25 PM
50% at the minute is probably good, its very damp here, so I have struggled to keep it under 60% and I am in flower at the second, but I have plenty of air flow, if you stay at 50% you will be good for flower as well :)

Humidity does tend to rise as the plants get bigger thou, so you may find it will swing the other way quickly :(
I hear you bro, once the Wilma gets going and the big pots are saturated I think I'll struggle. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there

Samwise Gamgee
30-10-15, 08:42 PM
I hear you bro, once the Wilma gets going and the big pots are saturated I think I'll struggle. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there

The Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller is a good buy fella, not cheap but it is a great bit of kit, I managed to get a refurbished one off ebay for £150. I know this growing malarkey isn't cheap, but that fan controller is worth its weight in gold IMHO.

You can rig your extraction into it, and also a intake fan and a heater, you set the max temp, min temp, and the humidity, and it pretty much does the rest. But with humidity and temps it is dependent on the temps and the humidity of the room its in.

My tent is in my bedroom as well as I don't have a huge amount of space, so I have to tweak the fan controller, and control the room temps to try and keep everything in the sweet zone :)

H3RBIE
31-10-15, 11:11 AM
Today's photo shoot
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/408d6ef52e7c3bea00b4773bf490b173.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/91d5f7f7ffc63624b14c56bab5f4d523.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/fb08722e93d0f731512a7af45c6884ce.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/679267b7707e5b676ff9e41826f30cef.jpg
Don't think they are looking too bad now. There is a little yellowing on the tips of some of the newer leads.
Do we need to up the feed a little, or as a an alternative, I could flush again 12 hrs apart.
What do you think?

The new fan is doing the business with the temps :)

Samwise Gamgee
31-10-15, 11:48 AM
Today's photo shoot
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/408d6ef52e7c3bea00b4773bf490b173.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/91d5f7f7ffc63624b14c56bab5f4d523.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/fb08722e93d0f731512a7af45c6884ce.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/679267b7707e5b676ff9e41826f30cef.jpg
Don't think they are looking too bad now. There is a little yellowing on the tips of some of the newer leads.
Do we need to up the feed a little, or as a an alternative, I could flush again 12 hrs apart.
What do you think?

The new fan is doing the business with the temps :)

They are looking good Herbie, maybe just up the EC by 0.1 and see how they like that, coming along nicely now fella, we just need to find their sweet spot and they will start racing along :)

ERBURT
31-10-15, 12:04 PM
Herbie wots the score with the pics....
You have very pale looking pics then in
The second pic it's very dark colored an I can
See a dark tip of another.

Are they pale or are they dark like in the second
Pic.

H3RBIE
31-10-15, 12:09 PM
Herbie wots the score with the pics....
You have very pale looking pics then in
The second pic it's very dark colored an I can
See a dark tip of another.

Are they pale or are they dark like in the second
Pic.
No they are pale mate I think it was just the light showing it darker. The overhead pic of all of them is true shades

ERBURT
31-10-15, 12:19 PM
Ok mate jus checking : )

H3RBIE
31-10-15, 12:20 PM
Ok mate jus checking : )
Thx for your concern pal

H3RBIE
01-11-15, 12:04 PM
The girls this morning before their feed
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/220fc13d375de16222100ff5d043e69e.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/9eb22b81afb343895ea337a4358c87f2.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/550d76e49a588b1c57557b68a8726a5c.jpg
I have upped the feed by 0.1 ph at 5.8

Samwise Gamgee
01-11-15, 02:25 PM
Coming along great mate :)

ERBURT
01-11-15, 02:56 PM
Looking much better herb.
That feed will have them right in no time.

H3RBIE
02-11-15, 09:20 AM
Before this morning's feed.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/02/3f6d826e368fb95a53e591577301aa3a.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/02/3108cbf4c02d7b38a4051e5a1627517d.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/02/6c828a2ce688289883ee4d4ac1434fb4.jpg

I think I might have to mix up a 10 litre mix, 5ltr only lasting two days lol :)

kbag
02-11-15, 09:48 AM
Hi Herbie hope you had a good w/end. Couple of questions for you, do you let these stand in there run off or do throw it away straight away? Also have you measured the EC run off for each individual plant?

H3RBIE
02-11-15, 11:55 AM
Hi Herbie hope you had a good w/end. Couple of questions for you, do you let these stand in there run off or do throw it away straight away? Also have you measured the EC run off for each individual plant?
Hi kbag, the weekend was good thanks. First one in about six weeks that I haven't worked :)
As for the run off, it gets thrown away straight after. And no I haven't been testing it. Do you think I should?
What should the readings be, and how do I use that to benefit the plants?

kbag
02-11-15, 12:57 PM
Hi kbag, the weekend was good thanks. First one in about six weeks that I haven't worked :)
As for the run off, it gets thrown away straight after. And no I haven't been testing it. Do you think I should?
What should the readings be, and how do I use that to benefit the plants?

Its a good guide to see how hungry the plants are, also if you are over feeding.If its your first grow in coco i suggest that you should check it regularly. It should read what you are putting in or a point or two under. With regular feeding you should not have a issue with salt build up as washing out the old and in with new.
It will most definitely help you and Judd to gauge where the plants are at. You will find the more you grow in coco you will learn to read the plants as they grow. You only want to test the EC of the run off, do not bother with the ph of run off as long as your phing right what you are putting in that is all you need to do.

Samwise Gamgee
02-11-15, 07:38 PM
Its a good guide to see how hungry the plants are, also if you are over feeding.If its your first grow in coco i suggest that you should check it regularly. It should read what you are putting in or a point or two under. With regular feeding you should not have a issue with salt build up as washing out the old and in with new.
It will most definitely help you and Judd to gauge where the plants are at. You will find the more you grow in coco you will learn to read the plants as they grow. You only want to test the EC of the run off, do not bother with the ph of run off as long as your phing right what you are putting in that is all you need to do.

Cheers kbag, have to admit I was going leave that bit until we were in the Wilma, but as you say its good practice to start doing it now :)

Plants are coming along nicely now thou Herbie, definitely looking greener every time I see them, that stretch looks a lot better now the stems are thickening up, hopefully in a week or so we can get them into there big girl pots :)

H3RBIE
03-11-15, 10:41 AM
Cheers kbag, have to admit I was going leave that bit until we were in the Wilma, but as you say its good practice to start doing it now :)

Plants are coming along nicely now thou Herbie, definitely looking greener every time I see them, that stretch looks a lot better now the stems are thickening up, hopefully in a week or so we can get them into there big girl pots :)
Thanks for the tips guys, here's the pictures for today.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/a5346551f787f1be7f980bf68ca9a6af.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/56d594bed0f069c47d558aa507a5913b.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/a8e32d9c875395848d676fa0b8899b0a.jpg

They are looking greener and getting bushier
I tried testing the runoff today, but I think there was residue in the bucket. The readings were 0.2 higher than what I was putting in. I'll make sure I get proper results tomorrow :)

H3RBIE
04-11-15, 09:47 AM
Pics for today Judd.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/eaf9088ac0c989427e1ff4412bbd5dd3.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/31e7e36e1a865c35d72795c83fc82577.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/7a0afb538958229eea3baf6e9ec50f69.jpg

I tested the runoff and it was showing the same as l was putting in??
That's not normal is it? I thought it would be slightly lower.

On another subject the new groom will be ready by the weekend. I'll get the Wilma in there and cranked up to make sure there's no probs.

I think the girls are nearly ready to top, but I'll top and Repot at the same time. No point in upsetting them twice, what do you think?

Bulls
04-11-15, 05:09 PM
Looking good herbie. Think you're doing well mate. Can't wait to see the new groom you're building.

Samwise Gamgee
04-11-15, 05:22 PM
Pics for today Judd.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/eaf9088ac0c989427e1ff4412bbd5dd3.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/31e7e36e1a865c35d72795c83fc82577.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/7a0afb538958229eea3baf6e9ec50f69.jpg

I tested the runoff and it was showing the same as l was putting in??
That's not normal is it? I thought it would be slightly lower.

On another subject the new groom will be ready by the weekend. I'll get the Wilma in there and cranked up to make sure there's no probs.

I think the girls are nearly ready to top, but I'll top and Repot at the same time. No point in upsetting them twice, what do you think?

Coming along nicely Herbie, good news with the EC, it means they are taking what they need, if it rises then it can mean you need to drop the EC, if it drops by a lot of everyday then you need to increase the EC.

Looking at the side pictures it looks like you are on about the third node now, so if we aim to have them in the Wilma the weekend after next (13th Nov), we wont be far off. That will give you this weekend to get everything dialled in ready. We will then top them and get them potted up :)

Once they are in the big pots we can start getting the feed through them, and they will start shooting along, although I think you will notice a big difference in the next week as they seem to be kicking up a gear now :)

All good in the hood fella!

Samwise Gamgee
04-11-15, 05:36 PM
Also Herbie, do you have any Cal mag or Epsom salts, I still notice a sleight yellowing on the newer growth, if your EC is stable, then it maybe that they need to give them a foliar spray of cal ma or Epsom salts.

Not sure what everyone elses opinion is, all input is appreciated :)

Dazmandaz
04-11-15, 07:36 PM
I'm popping up to see him tomorrow I'll bring my cal mag along ;)

H3RBIE
04-11-15, 08:35 PM
Coming along nicely Herbie, good news with the EC, it means they are taking what they need, if it rises then it can mean you need to drop the EC, if it drops by a lot of everyday then you need to increase the EC.

Looking at the side pictures it looks like you are on about the third node now, so if we aim to have them in the Wilma the weekend after next (13th Nov), we wont be far off. That will give you this weekend to get everything dialled in ready. We will then top them and get them potted up :)

Once they are in the big pots we can start getting the feed through them, and they will start shooting along, although I think you will notice a big difference in the next week as they seem to be kicking up a gear now :)

All good in the hood fella!
Thanks mate, as you can see from above, Dazman will be supplying the cal mag :)

I'll keep a close eye on the ec and let you know if there are any significant changes.

The new groom is built, I just need to put the diamond Mylar up and do a bit of light proofing. I should have the Wilma in there for Sunday at the latest.

Hopefully when it all moves I'll be able to get a decent nights sleep lol

H3RBIE
04-11-15, 08:36 PM
I'm popping up to see him tomorrow I'll bring my cal mag along ;)
Thanks Dazman

Samwise Gamgee
05-11-15, 08:59 AM
Cheers Daz, your a star :)

Just a few questions as well so that we have all info to hand Herbie, what is your humidity looking like now?, lights on and lights off, also the same with temps?

I know you upped the light a bit a week or so ago, but can you have a measure of the distance you now have it?

Looking forward to the move to the new grow room mate, hopefully we can get it all dialled in before we move the plants in, then we will be cooking gas :)

Hope your having a great week!

H3RBIE
05-11-15, 10:59 AM
Cheers Daz, your a star :)

Just a few questions as well so that we have all info to hand Herbie, what is your humidity looking like now?, lights on and lights off, also the same with temps?

I know you upped the light a bit a week or so ago, but can you have a measure of the distance you now have it?

Looking forward to the move to the new grow room mate, hopefully we can get it all dialled in before we move the plants in, then we will be cooking gas :)

Hope your having a great week!
Hi Judd I'm having a great week thanks mate, no work arm it's brilliant not hauling my ass out of bed at half five :)

On to the ladies. Temps are:
Max 28.2
Min 21.4
Humidity is between 50% and 60 during the day , couldn't tell you what it is at night but I think it's a around the 50% Mark.

The light is approximately 100mm, or 4 inches away.
Here's the pics for today
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/9222918b5f92bab5421270261004b7c9.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/bf7f66dc8bba9d45e164cef354e423f6.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/6ae3d76db16a2497977f315a76d53886.jpg

I think we're going good pal :)

Bulls
05-11-15, 11:59 AM
Good genetics you have there :) Plants look identical hopefully they will stay the same

Samwise Gamgee
05-11-15, 02:28 PM
Hi Judd I'm having a great week thanks mate, no work arm it's brilliant not hauling my ass out of bed at half five :)

Max 28.2
Min 21.4
Humidity is between 50% and 60 during the day , couldn't tell you what it is at night but I think it's a around the 50% Mark.

Cheers for that Herbie, I still wonder whether that light is a bit close, but not having grown with HPS I am unsure.

Hopefully one of the lads who has more experience of HPS might be able to answer that one :)

Everything else looks like it is in the good zone.

Great news for the week off mate, I was off for 4 days last week, and bloody needed it to be honest, nice not to have to worry about getting out of bed in the morning :)

Samwise Gamgee
05-11-15, 06:28 PM

Max 28.2
Min 21.4

The more I look at those pictures mate, the more I am leaning to your lamp being a bit close. Although I don't have any experience with HPS, I can see from the pictures that you have literally had no stretch between the nodes, which isn't a bad thing and something you see a lot with LED grows. But the yellowing on the leaves doesn't look like its feed related and looks like it is more like bleaching from the lights being too close.

Can you try upping the lights to about 8" and then we can se how they look?

ERBURT
05-11-15, 06:33 PM
Yeah 8-10 would be good that's how far mine is.
Around 8.

H3RBIE
05-11-15, 06:47 PM
The more I look at those pictures mate, the more I am leaning to your lamp being a bit close. Although I don't have any experience with HPS, I can see from the pictures that you have literally had no stretch between the nodes, which isn't a bad thing and something you see a lot with LED grows. But the yellowing on the leaves doesn't look like its feed related and looks like it is more like bleaching from the lights being too close.

Can you try upping the lights to about 8" and then we can se how they look?
Ok they've had their calmag and I have lifted the light to 8 inches. Let's see if that makes any difference :)

Samwise Gamgee
05-11-15, 06:59 PM
Ok they've had their calmag and I have lifted the light to 8 inches. Let's see if that makes any difference :)

Is that 8" from the top of the plants mate?

H3RBIE
05-11-15, 07:03 PM
Is that 8" from the top of the plants mate?
Yes mate
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/bddd51c987ef9c58d5af57522685723e.jpg

Samwise Gamgee
05-11-15, 07:34 PM
Yes mate
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/bddd51c987ef9c58d5af57522685723e.jpg

Cheers mate, I sound like a nagging mother lol, its just great to have all info, reckon the timings are going to work out good thou, these will be ready to be topped an potted up in a week I reckon.

Hopefully a couple more weeks of veg in the Wilma and we will be looking to flip them, hopefully we can get everything dialled in before we move them and it will be plain sailing going forward :)

Have a read up about topping as well, Oxy wrote a cracking post, I will try and find a link to it

H3RBIE
05-11-15, 07:40 PM
Cheers mate, I sound like a nagging mother lol, its just great to have all info, reckon the timings are going to work out good thou, these will be ready to be topped an potted up in a week I reckon.

Hopefully a couple more weeks of veg in the Wilma and we will be looking to flip them, hopefully we can get everything dialled in before we move them and it will be plain sailing going forward :)

Have a read up about topping as well, Oxy wrote a cracking post, I will try and find a link to it
Don't worry about the nagging pal, I'd rather you ask than get it wrong.
If you can find that link it would be good, I'll look as well :)

ERBURT
05-11-15, 11:48 PM
That looks better Herb.
Plenty of light out of a 600 mate.
They will fly along soon.

H3RBIE
05-11-15, 11:50 PM
That looks better Herb.
Plenty of light out of a 600 mate.
They will fly along soon.
Thanks Erb,
I've got it on 400w atm mate, will crank it up to 660w for flowering :)

ERBURT
06-11-15, 12:07 AM
Sweet should be spot on then.
Yourll know if its too far coz they will stretch.
Yours won't but for future reference.

H3RBIE
06-11-15, 10:44 AM
Ladies pre feed this morning :)http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/1ad594d4036cb191b53f0a4453550c9a.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/5240c3eb58ae40e9ca8f591888524887.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/0a83a9e29d401d2509f106191d378753.jpg

Hopefully, lifting the light up will sort out the yellowing, but the pics look worse than it is... Only slightly tho

Bulls
06-11-15, 11:00 AM
Lots of new growth I can see underneath mate. Nice one! They look like they will be ready to be moved soon to their final homes

H3RBIE
06-11-15, 11:03 AM
Lots of new growth I can see underneath mate. Nice one! They look like they will be ready to be moved soon to their final homes
Thanks mate, we're planning on topping and repotting next weekend. Get them in the Wilma. Can't wait :)

H3RBIE
06-11-15, 03:13 PM
Ok just been and got a 400w mh bulb. The one in there was a 600w dimmed down on the ballast. Hopefully going to green them up a bit

H3RBIE
07-11-15, 09:52 AM
Good morning guys, hope you're enjoying the start of the weekend. Just the days photos here, I think the girls are loving this new bulb :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/9f3dd07c7b9fdb141f87141a060a4ef7.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/c38874abeca84e9a6c20181e52026153.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/06f1f8b9cf5f3031d341b682a0e2a520.jpg

Samwise Gamgee
07-11-15, 11:00 AM
Good morning guys, hope you're enjoying the start of the weekend. Just the days photos here, I think the girls are loving this new bulb :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/9f3dd07c7b9fdb141f87141a060a4ef7.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/c38874abeca84e9a6c20181e52026153.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/06f1f8b9cf5f3031d341b682a0e2a520.jpg

That's looking grand fella, you can see the greenness all over now, they are really beginning to fill those pots out now as well, they will definitely be ready for there big pots in a week :)

Happy dayz Herbie :)

ERBURT
07-11-15, 11:05 AM
Looking a lot better herb : )

kbag
07-11-15, 11:29 AM
Good call on getting the metal halide Herb, new growth looking a lot greener.

H3RBIE
07-11-15, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys, wouldn't have got to this stage without your advice and wisdom :) :)

Bulls
07-11-15, 03:54 PM
Lovely jobly mate. Another week and you will see an amazing root ball when moving them to their final homes. New growth def looking better! Mon the new lights!

P.s Stop shaking while taking photos mannnnnn! :D

Samwise Gamgee
08-11-15, 07:06 PM
How are the girls looking today Herbie? :)

H3RBIE
08-11-15, 07:10 PM
They're fine buddy, I just thought I'd give you Sunday off mate :)

H3RBIE
09-11-15, 09:27 AM
The girls today...
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/09/d2061f89941b326cabfcb73e3400ba7b.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/09/96d8b2165a150fc307fa149e6816fffc.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/09/a312a2406023c063fbb4d818b1020c2d.jpg
They are really starting to motor now :)

Samwise Gamgee
09-11-15, 04:55 PM
Lovely jubbly fella, looking a lot greener now and beginning fill out nicely :)

Did you manage to get the new groom sorted mate?

H3RBIE
09-11-15, 05:46 PM
Lovely jubbly fella, looking a lot greener now and beginning fill out nicely :)

Did you manage to get the new groom sorted mate?
Been sorting the groom today mate, had to hire a core to go through the wall this morning. Was thinking of moving the girls over sometime tomorrow :)

Samwise Gamgee
10-11-15, 08:43 AM
Hey Herbie, when you do the pictures today can you get a couple of close ups of the new growth, so we can see if they are ready to be topped yet?

H3RBIE
10-11-15, 10:08 AM
Hey Herbie, when you do the pictures today can you get a couple of close ups of the new growth, so we can see if they are ready to be topped yet?
Hi mate here's the photos
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/a813d53aa8088e2dacea10d1f2b0ae21.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/515e407ba8a0e4a2a247e17d3c0fef38.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/3d428f34d455ec944f2365474780569c.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/9b1e90a1558a5316b9d65adf9767a543.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/871c2fe3f722a1c4a2eb0e0a31a2cc28.jpg
I am just above where the fifth set of tertiary shoots will appear. I'm thinking that's where we nip, but all your call pal :)

Samwise Gamgee
10-11-15, 08:37 PM
Hi mate here's the photos
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/a813d53aa8088e2dacea10d1f2b0ae21.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/515e407ba8a0e4a2a247e17d3c0fef38.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/3d428f34d455ec944f2365474780569c.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/9b1e90a1558a5316b9d65adf9767a543.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/871c2fe3f722a1c4a2eb0e0a31a2cc28.jpg
I am just above where the fifth set of tertiary shoots will appear. I'm thinking that's where we nip, but all your call pal :)

Sounds good to me fella, are you looking at getting them in the Wilma at the weekend or before?

Hopefully we can top them and pot them up in one go, take your time with the topping and you will be fine, I see you found Oxy's post, tbh I usually just pinch out the growth tips with my fingers, and I carry on doing that weekly so you get loads of tops :)

H3RBIE
10-11-15, 11:25 PM
Sounds good to me fella, are you looking at getting them in the Wilma at the weekend or before?

Hopefully we can top them and pot them up in one go, take your time with the topping and you will be fine, I see you found Oxy's post, tbh I usually just pinch out the growth tips with my fingers, and I carry on doing that weekly so you get loads of tops :)
Hi pal, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, been busy.
Hoping to get the Wilma up and running tomorrow in the new groom, then will be ready to top and Repot the day after if that's ok

ganjagunman
11-11-15, 01:29 PM
Hi mate heres the pic of the fan controller wiring, couldnt send it in PM for some reason theres no option to as far as i can see

The black cable on the left is the power in, the white cable on the right goes to a a 2 way extension lead. So basically get your extension lead, and cut the power lead in half ( ive got the power end quite short and the 2 way extension bit with a longer lead)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=313658&d=1447244720

H3RBIE
11-11-15, 05:15 PM
Hi Judd hope you had a good day

Samwise Gamgee
11-11-15, 05:23 PM
Hi Judd hope you had a good day

Hi Herbie, all good here fella, been a busy one this week, been looking forward to Friday since Monday.

Hope you and the girls are good, they look like they are ready to be topped and potted up when your ready mate :)

H3RBIE
11-11-15, 05:23 PM
oops fatfingeritus didn't mean to post lol.
Anyway the girls are fine, I didn't take any photos this morning cos the Mrs was in the bathroom.
I've set the Wilma up in the groom everything is working ok.
Temps are stable etc.
I'll mix the neuts in there in the morning. Hoping to get the girls in their pots, topped and the first feed for tomorrow afternoon. How does that sound?

H3RBIE
11-11-15, 05:33 PM
Just a quick question pal,
If my light is on from 6 am till 6 pm, then I'll set the feeds for 7, 12, and 5. Is that right?
Also same mix as I'm doing now?

Samwise Gamgee
11-11-15, 05:41 PM
Just a quick question pal,
If my light is on from 6 am till 6 pm, then I'll set the feeds for 7, 12, and 5. Is that right?
Also same mix as I'm doing now?

We aren't flowering them yet mate, you got a little bit left yet, I would leave them on 18/6 for the next few weeks, I would set the feeds on twice a day for half hour a piece at the second mate.

If your lights go off at midnight and on at 6am, I would have the first feed about an hour after lights on, so 7am, then another feed around 6pm in the evening, you don't want to be feeding too near lights out, as it will raise the humidity during the plants dark period.

We can test and adjust the timings once you go into flower, and maybe add another feed if needed :)

H3RBIE
11-11-15, 06:09 PM
We aren't flowering them yet mate, you got a little bit left yet, I would leave them on 18/6 for the next few weeks, I would set the feeds on twice a day for half hour a piece at the second mate.

If your lights go off at midnight and on at 6am, I would have the first feed about an hour after lights on, so 7am, then another feed around 6pm in the evening, you don't want to be feeding too near lights out, as it will raise the humidity during the plants dark period.

We can test and adjust the timings once you go into flower, and maybe add another feed if needed :)
Doh sorry was jumping the gun a bit there, thanks for putting me right 😃

Samwise Gamgee
12-11-15, 09:29 AM
Doh sorry was jumping the gun a bit there, thanks for putting me right 😃

No probs Herbie, it can get confusing, but we have a fair bit of topping and a bit of LST and super cropping to do first mate :)

We want to get loads of tops now and a nice even canopy, so that when you do flip you can get the lights as close as possible and get an even spread of light. One of the guys is growing the same strain as you but under a 900w LED, he is also in coco thou, so it would be worth having a gander at his diary, as it will give you an idea of feed and training, but his baseline water is higher than yours so EC will be a bit higher, heres a link, well worth a read :)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?134558-2nd-Grow-New-Groom-and-Mars-II-900w-Mentored-by-Bud-Lightyear

Hope you have a good day fella :)

Dazmandaz
12-11-15, 10:10 AM
Thanks Mr G for that wiring photo ;)

and sorry herb and judd for the random electrical post lol.

the ladies are looking really nice judd and so much more greener now . ;) :joint:

H3RBIE
12-11-15, 12:12 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/91a8a026494dd84bd30702340f4c0523.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/d5199c2594e13dbc28d6143d2fcf025c.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/e26e45be95124102e0df2473942b04ab.jpg
Last few photo's from their current home,
Next time you see them they'll be topped and in the Wilma :)

Thanks for the advice above pal ,it will be followed religiously :)

H3RBIE
12-11-15, 12:12 PM
Thanks Mr G for that wiring photo ;)

and sorry herb and judd for the random electrical post lol.

the ladies are looking really nice judd and so much more greener now . ;) :joint:
No probs mate

H3RBIE
12-11-15, 08:06 PM
Photos from today, they all had roots like this
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/c60031110c751b83f9f2aaaee4c3fc02.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/7ee1196746439b5d5d4112d8cdf38672.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/86d561ac10d3aebc9a9ece30b8dd97f1.jpg
They are topped and in the Wilma. They had their feed at 5:30, next one is at 7 am.
Light still 6 am till midnight :)

Sorry for the late reply, had and still got visitors

Samwise Gamgee
12-11-15, 08:42 PM
Photos from today, they all had roots like this
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/c60031110c751b83f9f2aaaee4c3fc02.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/7ee1196746439b5d5d4112d8cdf38672.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/86d561ac10d3aebc9a9ece30b8dd97f1.jpg
They are topped and in the Wilma. They had their feed at 5:30, next one is at 7 am.
Light still 6 am till midnight :)

Sorry for the late reply, had and still got visitors

No worries mate, you reply when you can :)

Those root balls look great, and they wont take long to settle into these big pots, they are going to race along now :)

I am having to do a bit of a rejig with my growing at the second but I have ordered 5 of these seeds today, they will be going in the pots next, great genetics on them, what are you going to do with your spare plant?

H3RBIE
12-11-15, 10:27 PM
No worries mate, you reply when you can :)

Those root balls look great, and they wont take long to settle into these big pots, they are going to race along now :)

I am having to do a bit of a rejig with my growing at the second but I have ordered 5 of these seeds today, they will be going in the pots next, great genetics on them, what are you going to do with your spare plant?
Nice mate, these plants are a good choice. They're one of Herbies best sellers, and they've had some good write ups.
I'm not too sure what to do with the spare plant. Do I keep it in veg for cuttings or should I keep it as insurance just in Case on of my girls develops a few balls.
Do you have any suggestions pal?

Samwise Gamgee
13-11-15, 08:43 AM
Nice mate, these plants are a good choice. They're one of Herbies best sellers, and they've had some good write ups.
I'm not too sure what to do with the spare plant. Do I keep it in veg for cuttings or should I keep it as insurance just in Case on of my girls develops a few balls.
Do you have any suggestions pal?

If you have space you could keep it as a mother plant and keep it vegged and take cuttings off it to grow, would save some money on seeds, but I am not sure what space you have, and that would also take another smaller setup.

Does Daz have room for it if not?, seems a shame to get rid of a perfectly good plant :)