PDA

View Full Version : For the Junglists...

Mum
10-10-07, 11:52 PM
Fun Skibba and Riddla for the UK DnB crew....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9anzxUvxXJo&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1g_QJnUGJo&mode=related&search=

Bitterfly
11-10-07, 03:03 AM
haha good shit there mate, not usually the exact style on dnb i like..but its still all fun stuff

i loved this comment someone left...

"lmfao bashy looks like hes on a treadmill or sum shit hahah badness" :rvmp:

he really does aswell!

D
11-10-07, 08:12 AM
Mum you're a legend!! :)

Tunnnneee

Mum
11-10-07, 11:49 AM
Fun=Best MC
Every time he turns up at a rave I literally shit my pants. :D

haha good shit there mate, not usually the exact style of dnb i like

Haha well half of it's garage. See what you think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGR9ye_f1U

LAL
11-10-07, 12:58 PM
my mates is good pals with fun and all of that lot.... fun is a legend..... such a unique style, ne1 heard of mc mekar from kool fm..... friday nights @2... hes one of my best pals from back in the day, and came second in the up and coming awrds at the dnb awards..... keep an eye out for him....

LAL
11-10-07, 01:03 PM
im sorry but skiba ruins that style...... differnet level....

Mum
11-10-07, 01:49 PM
my mates is good pals with fun and all of that lot.... fun is a legend..... such a unique style, ne1 heard of mc mekar from kool fm..... friday nights @2... hes one of my best pals from back in the day, and came second in the up and coming awrds at the dnb awards..... keep an eye out for him....

Haven't heard of him, any links? :bong:

LAL
11-10-07, 02:03 PM
yep....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xjAZPq9S4M

u listen to kool?

Mum
11-10-07, 05:37 PM
Nah I don't mate, but I know of it and I catch it when I can. It's just I've never really got into the swing of internet radio... or any radio for that matter, and I don't live in London.

Should listen more though, they put out some heavy stuff.

MC Mekar is sick, I've heard him before I just didn't catch the name. Talent.

LAL
11-10-07, 05:47 PM
yeh hes quality man, getting quite big now.... shame u cant lock into kool, its the best dnb station by far.... if u want a good internet radio station id go planetdnb.com, mekar plays a two hour set on sundays i think.....

he runs his own agency now aswell, promoting young talent and all that....

where bouts u from then mum?

Mum
11-10-07, 05:51 PM
yeh hes quality man, getting quite big now.... shame u cant lock into kool, its the best dnb station by far.... if u want a good internet radio station id go planetdnb.com, mekar plays a two hour set on sundays i think.....

he runs his own agency now aswell, promoting young talent and all that....

where bouts u from then mum?

Glastonbury mate, but I've got a lot of friends I went to school with living in London so I'm up there every now and again.

Never really bothered with radio, because a lot of DnB people rinse out really aint to my taste. I'd rather just hit the decks and rinse out my own selection. :mr:
Soon as I can record a mix tape I'll hopefully have a few local nights myself.

LAL
11-10-07, 05:57 PM
yeah theres nuthin better than a good old mix and a fat spliff, ive been mixing dnb since iwas 13,.... 8 years now, on and off, i wish id stuck to it fulltime tho, me and mekar used to make mixtapes all day long back in the day, and hes said if i wanna get back into it proper he will sort me some nights, but its such a commitment to do that for ur entire life, its really hard work to getting to the top.. but i can guarantee mekar will be there, its his life, he loves his music so fuckin much.....

i know wat u mean bout djs playin shit,,, really pisses me off, and wen they clang i have to leave the room, its just not on...

for the last few years been mainly scratching and trying to beat juggle...

just mixing beats dnt do it for me no more sadly....

wat set up do u have, ive got technics 1210s... (standard) and a pioneer djm 707 scratch mixer, which i fuckin love to bits.....???

Mum
11-10-07, 06:07 PM
yeah theres nuthin better than a good old mix and a fat spliff, ive been mixing dnb since iwas 13,.... 8 years now, on and off, i wish id stuck to it fulltime tho, me and mekar used to make mixtapes all day long back in the day, and hes said if i wanna get back into it proper he will sort me some nights, but its such a commitment to do that for ur entire life, its really hard work to getting to the top.. but i can guarantee mekar will be there, its his life, he loves his music so fuckin much.....

i know wat u mean bout djs playin shit,,, really pisses me off, and wen they clang i have to leave the room, its just not on...

for the last few years been mainly scratching and trying to beat juggle...

just mixing beats dnt do it for me no more sadly....

wat set up do u have, ive got technics 1210s... (standard) and a pioneer djm 707 scratch mixer, which i fuckin love to bits.....???

That's fair enough mate, to be honest I would love to do it as my job, I live DnB you know? 24/7 headphones in my ears, and I got so many tunes running through my head if I just knew how to use bastarding Reason I'd be sorted! :p
I've been wanting to learn to scratch and beat juggle but it's a bit of a side project, that and I need someone to start me off on the learning curve to be honest.
Before that though I wanna save up for a new mixer and another deck and start putting together some 3 deck sets. It's a real skill finding three tunes that mix together and don't sound like dog turd.

Nothing special really my end just some old Ministry decks which I bought thinking I was going to replace but they're still going bloody strong. I'm looking at some 1210's though just so I can get used to the slightly lower torque and the more responsive pitch control.
Got a nice Pioneer DJM-400 mixer though, just need to upgrade it for more channels.
What sort of DnB you into?
I'm mostly into the heavy ragga stuff but also got loads of tunes on Ganja, Frontline, Propaganda, Stereotype etc etc.

LAL
11-10-07, 06:19 PM
yeah thats cool, i want to get another deck too, so i can dio a mix then have a little scratch over the top..... tbh, i dnt think u could ever do a triple drop, there wud just be to much going on.... everytime i have mixed on a 3 deck set up, i have concentrated on timing my cues, getting the build ups and fades all connected..... that way u can fade between 3 tunes and that can sound fucking amazing.... build up to a double drop, then smack it over to a fade on track 3...

as for scratching, its all practise mate, but u wnt stand much of a chance without the right decks and needles..... my mates just got himself a 8 channel mixer and i sed to him why do u want all those channels, and hes was like, i dunno... so il say it to you.... why do u want all thos channels man.... u will NEVER need more 3, ive only got two.....

the djm 400 is cool, its a club mixer so u cant go scratchin on it, but as a club mixer its right up there... i think the djm 600 iis club standard in this country.....id stick with the 400 and maybe get some of the numark range of turmtables, they have such a strong torque, and a + -50% pitch

as for the tunes in ur head, i know exactly wat u mean..... i have that shit all the time, do u have reason???

im more into the rolling type of dnb, grimey beats and sick basslines, dnt really like the ragga side, or the chilled beats....

Mum
11-10-07, 09:23 PM
yeah thats cool, i want to get another deck too, so i can dio a mix then have a little scratch over the top..... tbh, i dnt think u could ever do a triple drop, there wud just be to much going on.... everytime i have mixed on a 3 deck set up, i have concentrated on timing my cues, getting the build ups and fades all connected..... that way u can fade between 3 tunes and that can sound fucking amazing.... build up to a double drop, then smack it over to a fade on track 3...

as for scratching, its all practise mate, but u wnt stand much of a chance without the right decks and needles..... my mates just got himself a 8 channel mixer and i sed to him why do u want all those channels, and hes was like, i dunno... so il say it to you.... why do u want all thos channels man.... u will NEVER need more 3, ive only got two.....

the djm 400 is cool, its a club mixer so u cant go scratchin on it, but as a club mixer its right up there... i think the djm 600 iis club standard in this country.....id stick with the 400 and maybe get some of the numark range of turmtables, they have such a strong torque, and a + -50% pitch

as for the tunes in ur head, i know exactly wat u mean..... i have that shit all the time, do u have reason???

im more into the rolling type of dnb, grimey beats and sick basslines, dnt really like the ragga side, or the chilled beats....

I know what you mean, it's very rare that I double drop, let alone tripple. It takes me hours to find two tunes that can be double dropped without sounding like a mess. That's why I'm not a big Mampi fan, I just think he ballses all his mixes up with his double drop style.

Lol all those channels? I only want to upgrade to a three channel so I can get a third deck! :p
But like you say, I'd have to get new needles for a start, I've got Ortofon Pros at the mo but scratching in DnB is a bit of a gimmick in my opinion so I'd only be learning it for my own satisfaction, not to scratch over my sets.
Sod numark, I need Technics, the whole idea is to get myself used to mixing on club standard decks so I don't have to keep getting used to them every time I play out (if I get some sets that is). Go for the MK5s, I never use more than 10% pitch change really.

I do have reason, but I don't know how to use it! I've been meaning to buy a tutorial book, I just haven't got around to it for one reason or another.
(Excuse the pun! ;) )

:mr:

Mum
13-10-07, 02:45 PM
Really impressed by MC Mekar, good luck to him. Hope to see him down Bristol way soon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCIvwkvPH_Q

LAL
13-10-07, 05:41 PM
yea he ruins stapleton innit.....!! ... hes goin on tour to sweden over the next month or so.,,... how sweet is that!!! gettin paid to tour round sweden mcing and getting baked.....

Bitterfly
13-10-07, 10:01 PM
Fun=Best MC
Every time he turns up at a rave I literally shit my pants. :D

Haha well half of it's garage. See what you think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGR9ye_f1U

yeah mate i know it was garage hhehehehhe

but that sort of 'jump up' DNB doesnt really do it for me, i prefer deeper or darker stuff, or both, not to say i dont like a bit of jump up every now and then!!!!!!

did quite enjoy that vid tho!!

here mate if thats the dnb you like tho you should follow my sig and click that link, coz thats exactly what youll hear!!!!