PDA

View Full Version : cupboard grow

ScottishChap
29-08-09, 08:46 PM
Today checking emails i had an email from greens stating that my order had been shipped and everything will be with me on the 1st of sept :D

Problem...

I hadnt even started to think where the grow was going to take place, so I decided to clean the spare room cupboard out and get everything ready for monday...

heres what i ended up with,
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1026/medium/Photo0057.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1026/medium/Photo0059.jpg

Not the very best of pictures and not alot but you get the script ;), Hopefuly my Wilma 4 pot system will fit easy enough with still some space and hopefuly wont have temp problems with the 400W grolux dual spectrum lamp in the space..

Quick question, would i be ok with not covering the skirting up and the door handle inside? see below...
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1026/medium/Photo0039.jpg

Ive still got a hole to cut into the roof for the ducking for the fan and filter other than that im pretty sorted hopefuly! :D

ScottishChap
30-08-09, 12:40 AM
Hmm slight problem ive just got the measurments for the wilma 4pot system its bigger than i thought :rolleye: there bigger than the space ive got in the cupboard :wtf:

i have no idea what to do now!

LadyJane
30-08-09, 01:13 AM
You can do a little renovation to the door frame if tackiness and the lack of privacy is a problem..... my idea would be get a 2x4 the length of the inside of the frame screw it in and move the door out to a small amount to get the length from the wall to the door out of the way. there's obviously a lot more to it, painting, resealing it up, etc. But if the job gets done right you won't regret it

ScottishChap
30-08-09, 01:19 AM
Not something that id be willing on doing id rather just paint the skirting, Think its time for a change of plan on where to grow unless i send the wilma 4 pot system back when it comes and go for something else :mad:

dj #
30-08-09, 01:28 AM
this cupboard is in a 'spare' room yes?
i think your answer is grow in there then ;)

ScottishChap
30-08-09, 01:33 AM
Yeah it is Dj but theres just enough room for a single bed never mind anything else, i cant even get the cupboard door fully open as the rooms that small that it bands off the side of the bed :banghead:

Peter_Parker
30-08-09, 10:04 PM
Has the Wilma system already been dispatched / recieved?

blurry-vision
30-08-09, 10:09 PM
No chance of buying a low cost grow tent ? or does it have to be a grow in a cupboard ? Because the good thing with tents is they can be taken down quickly and easily ?

Oh and isn't it a bank holiday tomorrow ? I notice your in Scotland so maybe not, but if it is you will be able to cancel and re-order a small tent maybe ?

ScottishChap
01-09-09, 11:32 PM
Everythings here to start just lack of space for the wilma system :( Was thinking tonight about sending the wilma back and replacing it with the waterfarm but then something keeps telling me keep the wilma system and get a grow tent :confused:

Ive got the ruck system allready sorted inside the cupboard ect as i was to hyped up to get everything going :blush:

but then the problem with the wilmas holding me back! :(

ScottishChap
03-09-09, 06:30 PM
Problemo solved :dance2:

decided to gut the cupboard out in my main room and start in there! will fire up a diary when i start growing, should be next week when my other items come from greens.

bergkamp
03-09-09, 06:35 PM
will be interested to see the wilma in action , i was looking at one myself but no cash at the moment.