PDA

View Full Version : Coir blocks

Budwhite
02-01-16, 01:09 AM
Hi,
Has anyone used reconstituted coir from compressed blocks.Ive seen 5 x 70ltr blocks £25 on ebay ,are they any good?

ganjagunman
02-01-16, 01:14 AM
Some say theres a lot of salt in them, best thing is to soak them then give them a good rinse through to remove any salt, the PH/EC accordingly before use. I used them on my first coco grow had no issues, i think my mate got them from somewhere cheap cheap, nearly 5oz off one plant.

The Aspie Toker
02-01-16, 01:55 AM
Hi,
Has anyone used reconstituted coir from compressed blocks.Ive seen 5 x 70ltr blocks £25 on ebay ,are they any good?

You can get 50ltr blocks from Home Bargain for £1.79. I've grown chillies and weed with them. I didn't find a salt problem.

Bud Lightyear
02-01-16, 02:04 AM
Depends on its origin as to whether they will have a high salt content, some use salt water lagoons to soak it during the manufacture process...canna coco is free from salt and steam sterilised then dosed with thricoderma...If you don't have the info on the product wash it thoroughly and set the buffer....

Regards BL

skippy
02-01-16, 04:34 AM
Bit of headache getting those bulky bags of coir in 50ltr rucksack and walking up your path like theres fuckall in the rucksack,lol.
So stealth wise they are great.Worth the little extra graft of washing,steaming i think.

Terajuana
02-01-16, 12:03 PM
No sure why people would feel paranoid about walking into a house with a bag of Coco. That's no different than me walking into a house with a couple of plant pots

skippy
02-01-16, 12:58 PM
15 years ago maybe,your seen with a bag of coco where i live it would be game over.