PDA

View Full Version : need some advice please

weed@rare
05-09-09, 09:23 PM
hi just got a querry, ive come to the conclusion that i need a grow tent im getting one for 60 quid its only a small one its

78x78x120cm its ideal i figured as i am only planning to grow 2 lowriders at a time in it i have a prob tho.

i got a 400w hps light no cooltube and on reflector , wat kind of extraction have i gota fork out for??

im on a budget and spoted a inline extractor fan with duckting for around 40 quid this is a 125mm set up. i kinda understand wat to do here. but is this enoguh?

i have a stand up fan and i think im gona use this inside the tent. problem is this time round there is no way im gona afford both 2 x fan set up due to purchasing the tent.

has anyone got advice? am i on the right track or am i heading for disaster ..

any advice would be most apreachiated

would i be better of having intake fan or exteranl fan. or will i manage with the fan set up im planing .. please help ^

:help:

lets get high
05-09-09, 11:15 PM
aright man, i am new to this myself but from what i have learned off this site that it is important that you have fresh air comming in and the hot air going out, for the intake i bought a cheep £25 inline fan from my local grow shop,your intake does'nt have to be as strong as your outake. You can even make your own intake out of apc fan.
hope this helped and good luck with the grow.

dj #
05-09-09, 11:20 PM
as long as you provide adequate extraction, the fan set-up you mention will do this fine for your space and light size, then you can leave the air intake passive ok

Milhaze
05-09-09, 11:21 PM
if your really pushed for cash, try and pick up a bathroom extractor fan from a bootsale or something. its not the best but better then nothing.

What about the smell, you can also make a cheap carbon filter. again not ideal but better then nothing i suppose.