PDA

View Full Version : Learning from Jingo 4 plants in 5 gallon pots

Band Of Horses
14-04-16, 09:05 AM
Thanks jingo for the willingness to take up your time and self to teach me the basics on how to do a soil grow in 5 gallon pots. Glad for anyone else to come by when you feel like it.

I have 5 mother plants that's been vegging not under the best lights ect ect....but they are growing.....and I'm going to use 4 of the mother plants for this 5 gal pot grow mentored by jingo. I feel it will improve my growing abilities.

Here are the pictures...of my 5 moms....I'm excluding bubbas gift from this first grow and plan on using her, the grow after this one, I'd like her to get big because once she begins to flowers she basically done growing. Grow to size then flower, so to speak

1st pic Cindy99 Female Seeds 2nd Atomic Bomb Bomb Seeds 3rd OG Kush Blimburn's Seeds 4th Bubba's Gift HSO 5th Liberty Haze Barneys Farm

Jingo
14-04-16, 09:40 AM
Hey Band Of Horses

I'm going to look at my 3 and 5 gallon pots in a few hours when I work in my garden. That way I'll have a better idea on how much pruning we need to do.

These are the same tall felt pots as your other?

We're going to have some fun!

Band Of Horses
14-04-16, 10:31 AM
yes they're the same felt pots.....the new ones coming the 5 gal are 10 inches tall.

Jingo
14-04-16, 02:40 PM
Okay

I'm had a look at my pots and my 3 gallon pots are 12 inches tall and my 5-gallon pots or 10 inches tall. So I believe we have the same pots and we're on the same page.

When we start the process is going to be removing about one-third of the roots from the plants in about one-third of the growth on top.

And what's going to happen is we'll have two or three days of shock and two or three days nute burn as the roots hard off.

Then we'll veg for about 3 weeks do a little training and head into flower. So depending upon how much room you have to flower that will dictate when we start this process.

So we need to determine is how much time you're there plants have left in flower if they have less than 4 weeks we could report those mothers right now and start planning. You may also have enough room in your tent to repot right now and then move into flour with your other plans still in there.

Another thing to think about since we're going to be taking quite a bit of growth off those mother plants you could take a clone from each one before we do the transplant. Then those plants could stay as mothers or they could be ready to flower in about 8 weeks.

So if you think about it you could get a Perpetual thing going with those strains if you wanted although I know you've really got to a bunch of seeds you want to go out but those are options.

So I guess the idea is to figure out on the calendar when you want to start your mothers and then we'll go from there.

I don't want you to do any repotting for trimming until I get a little bit closer look at those plants and I'll tell you what I want to look for when you take your pictures.

Now I dictate everything to Google and let it type out on my cell phone cuz I have real bad carpal tunnel. Then I go back through and correct all the s*** that Google screws up. But I don't catch it all so if you don't understand something I'm saying that's the problem and you can just asked me to clarify.

I'm also going to p.m. you an email address just in case I have problems with Tapatalk and don't make it on for a while you can get in touch with me.

Jingo
14-04-16, 02:44 PM
Oh yeah and my inbox on this site fills up a lot so having that email may be the only way to get in touch with me.

Band Of Horses
15-04-16, 06:30 AM
awesome...we have the same pots....I have a few more felt pots not being used 3 gal and some plastic 2 gal. and two gallon hard pots. still need to get 2 liter pots.

I believe the gorilla wrecks are a 70 day plant. That should be done in about 31 days....I'll have my stuff Sunday night and I can start potting the mothers. I'd like to take a clone of bubbas gift and the pineapple cindy....its the curse isn't it. I want them all...and
I want to grow from seed...

So I believe we can get to work after Sunday and moms can be potted...I'll try to decide what clones to take....lib h cindy99 og kush and bubbas gift I have no more seeds ...we can take the clones and if I never use them it be ok....I lean towards c99 pineapple and bubbas gift the most of these. I don't really know what any of them are like...all new to me...

I wont do any thing to the plants yet..no trimming ect...yeah we should be able to start in a few days....Sunday or Monday for sure....

Jingo
15-04-16, 10:27 AM
Sounds good, try and have the plants about half watered. In other words if you water every 3 days we want to do the work about a day and half after there last watering. That should be easier to peel the plots of the root ball.

Band Of Horses
15-04-16, 02:59 PM
jingo I just watered last night, Thursday..i wont be able to do anything on Saturday..going out of town....I'm thinking sunday night. Maybe I could flush them tonight Friday and Sunday night I can do what's needed?

Jingo
15-04-16, 04:46 PM
jingo I just watered last night, Thursday..i wont be able to do anything on Saturday..going out of town....I'm thinking sunday night. Maybe I could flush them tonight Friday and Sunday night I can do what's needed?
That should work okay we will have to look at those plants up close and make some plans about where to do the pruning on top. But I'm mostly available all day Sunday so we could always just post back and forth as we do things.

Band Of Horses
15-04-16, 08:53 PM
I usually go into my flowering grow room at 2am and turn lights on until 2pm in the afternoon.....central standard time. Are you in the states? I work a second shift so to speak so my lights come on after work...we may not be on same page time wise. Jingo are you in usa or some other country? I have every Saturday off and every other sunday. This Saturday i'm busy traveling out of town to see my mom. I can water the mom Saturday the 16th 1pm....and do work trimming roots and trimming tops of plant anytime after 7pm sunday evening the 17th..If your not available at that time you might have to give me a link that shows me what to do. Other wise we can do it anytime sunday after 7pm up until 2pm monday,

Jingo
15-04-16, 09:13 PM
I'm on Pacific time and I'm in the US so I don't think we're too much off time wise.

I'll get on the computer and have a look at your gallery at some point and see if I can tell from the pictures they are where we need to be doing the training and stuff. Either way I'll be around during the time you're around on Sunday so we can just plan on starting after 7 and go with the flow from there.

Band Of Horses
16-04-16, 10:27 AM
ok I should be there I picked up my stuff I have it now. I'll stop off at the store and look for some 2 liter pots

Jingo
16-04-16, 11:42 AM
ok I should be there I picked up my stuff I have it now. I'll stop off at the store and look for some 2 liter pots
If you don't have any cloning gel, pick some of that up too.

Jingo
16-04-16, 01:54 PM
Okay I've had a chance to look over your photos real close and I like what I see actually.

All five of the plants that I can see it looks like they have at least 2 inches of space from the top of the pot before you get down to your grow medium. That's good because we're still going to have to do some root pruning when it's time to transplant but they'll be less and so will be less pruning up above.

I started to try and type right over your photos with instructions but that was a little bit too much to do with my carpal tunnel.

So in the following photos the branches marked in white can be removed.

You see the pink circle around a node on for the photos that just means the branches below the pink circle or that note can be removed.

The red marks are locations where the plants can be topped the only one that for sure would have to be top right now is the Cindy although it might be worthwhile to talk them all at the top red mark.

So I'm going to close this post and then in the next post I'm going to discuss a little bit how to do the root pruning.

Oh yeah here's the photos that are marked.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/d8d42af7c76699ce7b343b6d7ce60cde.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/793c31cbeecde8014a6ad8f980bb6f82.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/4a2edb8f61d9eccb431580c7745261f2.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/f9afe91c603cdc6f395ed3c7f031cc4b.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/84c61da4a0c47e00f8f812fc959db811.jpg

Jingo
16-04-16, 02:04 PM
So the first thing you want to do is prep your new pots. You'll want about 2 inches of nice loose soil in the bottom of the pots.

Then you're going to go ahead and unpot one of your plants.

Back in the day women wore tight jeans up high over the hip and it seemed like the only way to get them out of those jeans was too lay them down on the bed and peel them down slow. That's probably the way you're going to have to take those plants out of those 3 gallon Phat sacks. May not have to lay them down on the bed though LOL

Jingo
16-04-16, 02:08 PM
The first plant will be kind of a test plant. You can take a good sharp knife butcher knife or bread knife or something and just cut an inch right off the bottom of the root ball. On subsequent plants you may find you have to take two inches but we'll start with just taking off one inch and see how it goes.

Then with your thumbs kind of on the outside of the root ball put your fingers up underneath the root ball into the center and just start to loosen it out and spread it out a bit. Once it's loosened up and spread out a bit set her down in the pot. What I'd like to see happen is that settling down into the pot she'd be a little bit below the rim of the pot. If you think you can get there just by spreading the roots out a little bit more than go ahead and do that, you may find you just have to cut some Roots off.

Jingo
16-04-16, 02:12 PM
When you think you've got her settled down correctly you can fill in soil around the sides and it would be nice if you could top dress with a half inch to 1 inch of soil.

If you can't that's okay because with the soil she's going to settle a little bit with the first few waterings and you can come along and top dress later.

Then you can just water her in and move on to the next Plant.

So to review:

Trim off lower branches marked in white. If you end up taking quite a bit of root ball off then topped her at the first red mark.

Jingo
16-04-16, 02:15 PM
How to water a fat sack. You want to pour in about a third of the water that it needs let that settle in. Then pour in another third let that settle in. And then pouring your last third which should run off a bit about 10% is good in soil. And you don't want your plants to reup take that run off water.

So when you're in full flower that probably means you're going to give them about a half gallon of water wait a minute or two give her another half gallon of water wait a minute or two and give them one quart to one half gallon.

In full flower you will probably water every 3 days but you're going to get have to get used to doing that by feel.

Jingo
16-04-16, 02:17 PM
Okay I think we've covered the basics and left plenty of room for questions.

Band Of Horses
17-04-16, 08:15 AM
I understand most everthing. about cutting the roots and the topping of the top part of plant, and how to sit plant inside of pot.

adding the soil is a little fuzzy to me. sounds like you want just a couple inches of soil at bottom of pot, and then when the plant is in the pot correctly were going to add only a couple inches of soil as a top dressing but the sides of pot will have higher amounts of soil? And you want to eventually trim top of plant to be below the rim of the pot.
Can I use Styrofoam cups for the clones? and what are the 2 liter containers going to be used for. I can pick up some 2 liter pots tomorrow. I think I'd like to take a clone for each plant...after the mothers are flowered we can run the next grow of atomic bomb clone, og kush clone, cindy99 clone, and lib haze clone.

The next grow after the clone grow I'd like to have bubbas gift and then 3 other plants started from seed. something like cannalope haze, gorilla wreck 4, mozzarella, and bubbas gift mother or clone.

Jingo
17-04-16, 12:48 PM
Yeah so as far as repotting the plant goes you settle it down in there and find the right level and then you just fill all the way around and if you have room to top dress with an inch or so ahead or we can always do that later.

The 2-liter pot is just and in between pot when you start from seed or clone so it's one of your early veg pots.

I usually go 16 ounce Solo Cup or 1 liter then I go to a 2 gallon or a 3 gallon then into the 5-gallon container. So that if you're starting from clone or seed.

You can start your clones and anything you want I usually use a keg cup but Styrofoam works good.

Jingo
17-04-16, 02:57 PM
And you want to eventually trim top of plant to be below the rim of the pot.

Not sure what your meaning there.

Band Of Horses
17-04-16, 10:54 PM
it don't matter, i'll see u in a few hours, and see what we can do. tks jingle

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 02:47 AM
Hi jingo how you doing? I'm here and am ready to repot ect...

Jingo
18-04-16, 02:49 AM
Yeah I'm here too dude.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 03:32 AM
Glad your here tonight jingo, I'm starting with Liberty Haze. I cut the two bottom branches off and angled the cut and put them in water. I pulled the plant out of the bag already and I'm ready to do the root trimming. Theres about 7 " of dirt and roots, the plant has been taken out of the bag and I'm ready to cut an inch or two off the roots. Not sure about this step? do I cut off 1 inch at the bottom of the plant which would leave 6inches or do I remove all the dirt so theres only roots left to cut?

Jingo
18-04-16, 03:35 AM
Sounds like you won't have to cut anything off the bottom I mean if you have a 7 inch tall root ball I just put a couple inches of soil in your 5-gallon pot and kind of do it I was talking about me earlier post about holding your thumbs on the side and kind of digging out around the bottom and spread in the roots out. I think that would be pretty good actually.

As long as my math is Right 7 inch root ball two inches into the bottom of the new pot leaves here and in Shock Top and if you kind of rough up the bottom a little bit of spread the roots out without really cutting anything off but I think it'll work good.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:02 AM
ok after placing 2" of loose soil in bottom, cutting off small bottom branches, spreading out the roots, then I placed the plant in the pot. So that leaves the very bottom of the plant with about 3" below the top rim of the pot. Am I ready to fill the pot with more soil?

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:08 AM
3" below the top rim of the pot. Am I ready to fill the pot with more soil?
So yeah if the top of your root ball is 3 inches below the rim of your pots then you can easily start filling it up with soil and up to within about an inch of the top and then water get in.

Venice settles over the next couple days you can add some more soil if you need to.

If you get serious wilting then go ahead and top at the highest red mark but I doubt you will from the sounds of it.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:10 AM
I see the instructions now, I fill pot and then top dress, ok here goes....

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:23 AM
alright I'll go water it and bring up the next one. I should be good with the rest of them. Tks jingo I'll let you know if I run into any diffaculties.:)

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:39 AM
Okay dude have a good one.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:44 AM
I'm doing the cindy99 now and the root ball is 9" to 10", I should probably cut 2 inches off? the spread the roots out. I better ask I don't want to mess up but that's what I'd do.

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:45 AM
Yeah that's one you're going to have to cut. She's also pretty tall so I think you better topper a brown that first red mark.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:46 AM
I could probably spread the roots enough to drop the height a couple inches would that be best?

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:46 AM
Oh yeah if the root ball is firm and intact I would literally take a knife and just cut it growing medium and all cut 1-inch off.

After that you can just go ahead and spread the roots out from the bottom maybe get you the amount you need you're probably getting a feel for it already.

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:48 AM
I could probably spread the roots enough to drop the height a couple inches would that be best?
If you think you can make it up that way go ahead you're the one that's there. I tend to be a lot rougher with plants than a lot of guys but I found it just stimulates hormones and they grow more.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 04:58 AM
ok i'm cutting some roots off, I already cut the top, stuck that in some water. That left the plant with 6 nodes but the bottom ones were pruned too. So I count 5 nodes remaining on this plant.

Jingo
18-04-16, 04:58 AM
Sounds good

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 06:35 AM
They're done, and the cindy99 was the only one topped. I'll add some top soil after the soil settles from watering as needed. That wasn't so bad thanks for helping. So I'll just water them as needed and let them veg awhile. until next time thank you jingo.

Band Of Horses
18-04-16, 08:44 PM
Instead of cloning and repeating this grow I'm going to plant seeds instead. I should probably get going on that?

Jingo
18-04-16, 10:52 PM
Instead of cloning and repeating this grow I'm going to plant seeds instead. I should probably get going on that?
Yeah if you start now they should be ready to go into flower and seven and a half or 8 weeks and those plants repotted I probably won't be out of flower for least 10 to 12 weeks.

So I guess it depends on how much space you have as far as flower space. You can always flower for 2 to 3 weeks in a smaller space maybe you can fit them in around some in your tent I don't know you'll have to think about that a little bit.

When I start a seed i to like to allow about a week for it to get above ground and another week and a half for to get good roots maybe 2 weeks. Then a normal veg time is about 5 weeks. That's how I'm wasting my time.

Band Of Horses
19-04-16, 07:03 AM
I bought 10 plastic pots, they are 7" tall, 6 1/2" wide at the top, and taper to a 5" bottom. Seems like nice pots. Can I start the seeds in these? Then graduate to a 3gal felt pot, and then a 5 gal pot. The 5 gal pots, I ordered online actually arnt felt it says they are a fabric pot. Did some research on them and they also will do the same thing with the roots as the felt pots do and they're durable. I hope they are ok? I assumed they were the felt ones but I guess they're fabric.

Well my seed line up will be Gorilla wreck 4, Canalope Haze, I had a free seed the first time I ever ordered seeds 8 or 9 years ago. It wasn't labeled 20 were like that. But I remember some dead leaves were laying in the dirt, like small bottom leaves, and I for some reason, put them in my pipe and man did I get lit up. Chinese eyes and everything. I had to go to work a little later and I was still flying very high. But its a nice high for me. I don't like DNAS description of canalope Haze. For me it hits very hard at first almost like you won't be able to do anything possibly sit down or something. But if I just go through the motions it turns into a creative social high, like tripping but not in a psycadelic way but a creative trip, something clicks on and it's a great social high, again creative. oh well its the only one I grew, tried a couple other times and they were either male or didn't sprout, I was gald they made them fems now. I can only guess it was the canalope and when I try some of this I'm growing now I'll know for sure. It' looks like it. Ok I'm going to waist some more of your time. 3rd plant will be Mozzarella by G13, and the 4th, the mother bubbas gift. Ok I'm done.

Jingo
19-04-16, 12:16 PM
Yeah I have some plastic pots that size should they will work for starting seeds sometimes and sometimes I just use him for an in-between pot but they'll be fine. As far as Felt or Fabric those are both the same thing really The Roots grow out and I get paid by the air.

So many seeds and so little time!

Band Of Horses
20-04-16, 07:11 AM
Hey jingo, this leaf problem is mainly happening to my mother plants, do you know whats wrong, my guess a fertilizer problem or light problem, what do you see, it don't look good.
AND HAPPY 420
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/smilies/toke.gif

Jingo
20-04-16, 08:02 AM
Multiple nutrient issues, that pro mix has its own nutrient requirements most growers aren't accustomed to it. I didn't say it before, but I don't think you'll have much of your original vegetation on those mothers when you flower.

They're looking quite good really considering the recent transplant. The new growth is going to be what I'm going to be watching in fact the really old yellow leaves with the red spots they'll never recover. But those leaves still have a few good nutrients to offer to the rest of the plant it's okay if you let them hang around a while.

Band Of Horses
21-04-16, 06:46 PM
Hi jingo transplanted pots seem to be doing ok. were just over 3 days since transplanting. Are we just watering without fertilizer and vegging for 3 weeks. I'll probably start the seeds this Saturday.

Jingo
21-04-16, 07:33 PM
From the pictures it looks as if there wasn't any transplant shock. there will probably be a little bit of nute burn that takes place when you transplant into the soil like foxfarm cuz that's a very hot soil.

You may not experience the nute Burn showing up on the edges of the leaves instead you may experience it is just the plant doesn't grow for about a week as the roots harden off a bit.

So what we're looking for is the plant to start growing real Lush and then will want to decide what training and how much. They may need to veg a little bit longer than 3 weeks depending upon you how they grow and how they recover.

Band Of Horses
21-04-16, 08:27 PM
ok tks when I plant seeds I Probably shouldn't use the fox farm as a seed starter. To hot? what do you recommend for seed starter and what about the seed starting stuff you can get anyplace such as jiffy pot or something.

Jingo
21-04-16, 08:38 PM
Yeah you're right about Fox from being a little hot for planting your seeds in its hot for clones to and I was going to tell you that. It's not that it doesn't work it's just that they have a hard time starting off.

You know if you still have some of that Pro mix that you haven't used I think that stuff would probably be great especially if you're starting in a small Styrofoam cup. They do have it to pH balance than it is charged with a little bit of nutrients so it's just about right. Otherwise those Jiffy pellets whatever you call those things a lot of guys use those I use General Hydroponics I think they call him rapid rooters. Well now that I think about it I haven't used those since I started using straight cocoa I used to use them a lot when I was doing deep water culture. They're Coco plugs charged with nutes they're kind of I don't know Overkill Maybe.

Jingo
21-04-16, 08:39 PM
Jesus I was just rereading what I dictated there and that too post. If you can't tell I'm sitting here getting high as a freaking kite.

Band Of Horses
22-04-16, 06:38 AM
Hi thanks, I think fox farm happy frog is less hot and it might work, but what I'll do is get some regular seed starting soil, and use Styrofoam cups. Then I have 5 gal fabric, 3 gal felt 2 gal plastic grow bags, and the 10 hard black pots about 7" tall 6 1/2 wide at top and tapered to 5 " at the bottom. So we can transplant from syrofoam to 3 gal felt to 5 gal fabric, but we can also use the 2gal and the 7" pots if needed. I don't want to waist any seeds because of hot soil so starting them in fox farm ocean is out of the question, probably would lose some seeds possibly and ordering across the pond is a pain but also grateful.

I've never have grown hydroponically just soil. I'm going to go get high now also. I'm about out of weed, but some of my little plants I have growing are just about ready to harvest. Cindy 99 milky tricks will harvest probably the 25th and then the rest will follow. catch you later jingo.

Band Of Horses
22-04-16, 11:03 AM
fox farm has a soil called light warrior..seed starter its about 23 dollars ...in a store 200 miles away....I'm going to the city this Sunday....If they're open I'm planning on stopping in....It's 1 cubit foot....It would last awhile....see what else they have as well....my seed line up has changed....gorilla wreck 4 ...Bubbas's Gift....Lemon Walker...and strawberry amnesia.......

I have a question about Bubbas gft...they say the plant wont stretch or grow much after flipped. ...It seems like the wrong kind of plant..for what we are doing? But you know the answer....will we be able to use this type of plant that doesn't grow after flipped to 12/12...? I know you have it included where to top and everything, but not sure if you know it doesn't grow much after flower? It's a big yielder, and short flowering time....

I already see some lush new growth, developing at the bottom of a few plants...

Jingo
22-04-16, 12:01 PM
It's a big yielder, and short flowering time....

I already see some lush new growth, developing at the bottom of a few plants...

You can simply leave the bubbas gift on veg a little longer and put it into floer a little later than the others. I grow on a continuous basis so I'm always shoving stuff in the flower.

Jingo
24-04-16, 10:33 PM
I dropped a couple seeds in water today not sure when I bought them or why I bought them but I'm going to give them a try. They're both indica because I'm really short on Indica right now.

One is called training day it's a combination of train wreck and LA Confidential it flowers in about 53 days. The other is purple La its a Cross of LA Confidential and something purple. I usually don't go for the purple crosses I think purple's just a little weak but what the heck.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed your long drive for your seed starting soil.

Band Of Horses
25-04-16, 07:47 AM
I bought reg seedling soil, my trip to see my mom was canceled again, she has had a surgery to remove fluid from lungs, and wanted me to come but maybe next weekend when she is feeling better. Last weekend there was rain and a football game and didn't want to deal with weather and traffic so I didn't go again. , So just some normal soil for seeds. Hope you have good luck with your new seeds. I've looked at la confidential lots of time I bet training day is some fire. I guess I'll check tricomes tonight and plant some seeds. Maybe harvest another one or two. my last grow was all functional wake and bake stuff, so I'm ready for some indinca body with some of my new stuff coming. and something to go to sleep on,

Band Of Horses
25-04-16, 12:22 PM
I placed 1 sour kosher dna gen. in water as well as 1 strawberry amnesia dinafem and 1 lemon walker gyo dna gen. they will grow with the bubbas gift mother.

First we need to grow the 4 mothers which is up next....they're greening up with lush leaves. and growing...waiting to be topped and trimmed, and in the right time placed into flower. They were transplanted the 17th, 8 days ago...

Jingo
25-04-16, 01:09 PM
I bought reg seedling soil, my trip to see my mom was canceled again, she has had a surgery to remove fluid from lungs, and wanted me to come but maybe next weekend when she is feeling better. ,

I hope your mother is feeling better and you can get to see her soon. My wife got leukemia about three and a half years ago and survived the bone marrow transplant but she's been really sick since then them unfortunately our sons don't come to see her much.

I kinda understand that's the way some Sons are, i only communicated with my mother out of the sense of Duty until I married my wife and then I told her it's her job.

[QUOTE=Band Of Horses;1070395563

First we need to grow the 4 mothers which is up next....they're greening up with lush leaves. and growing...waiting to be topped and trimmed, and in the right time placed into flower. They were transplanted the 17th, 8 days ago...[/QUOTE]

I figured it's got to be about time to get going on those plants. You're probably going to want an easy way to upload photos most people do it with Tapatalk and a smartphone.

You can pick up a cheap used smartphone on eBay for 25 to 50 bucks and I'll tell you can do some pretty interesting things with them. You can even get an app to do a time-lapse of your plants while you're not around it's pretty cool. I think I would do it if I wasn't growing with LEDs.

Most of your mother's will be pretty straightforward as far as topping. I'm not too sure about that Cindy she looks a little funny to me. It would be worth some better close up pictures of her.

If you're doing it from scratch the best thing to do is to talk at around the 3rd or 4th node. Then let it go out another two or three nodes on top again. The more tops she you get the smaller the buds but the bigger the yield. So starting from scratch if you top about 3 times I you end up with about 5 ounces on most plants. That of course is doing a fairly quick turnaround Maybe vegging for about five six weeks.

Band Of Horses
25-04-16, 08:28 PM
I'll do some more new pictures of the moms when I get home tonight, I'm sorry to hear about your wife having cancer.

Band Of Horses
26-04-16, 09:09 AM
I can't find the batteries to the camera....so no pictures yet :). But the grapefruit actually looks terrific from a newbies viewpoint, Theres about 7 or 8 branches that could possibly compete for top cola...actually the second branch from the bottom is the tallest by a few inches...I can see the possibilities.....so I believe....it's going to be a great plant for what were doing, we'll see. but maybe not? I'll have pic by tomorrow.

The smart phone and tapatalk, could be usefull. I'm unfamiliar with them, I believe I had a smart phone from Walmart, but it would be 25 dollars more than what I have now....I make 11.00 dollars an hour so my budget is limited, to probably have everything but suggestions are always welcome and I'll try to have everything but I can't go out and get everything at once, the phone idea I'll kick around, maybe sometime in future? Sounds interesting.

I put the seeds in the dirt tonight. they started to crack open. have a seed warmer mat keeping them warm....

also I feel like it's ok to let you know I'm 58 years old. And I also wonder what I'm going to do with all this weed, store some up eh? lol Then I'll stop growing for awhile. but I like this THC Talk, the other forum I use to go to I can't get in, I can't remember my password and when I request a new one I never get any email. Don't know how to contact them. But This place will be my home marijuana forum....tks for your help jingo

Jingo
26-04-16, 12:57 PM
Cool I look forward to seeing some pics. If he can get some from the top down as well as from the front on. Top down might help us decide more where to top.

Hey I get you on the money thing I'm sitting here trying to do major upgrades on my grow room every year but I can never afford to do everything I need to do to make it really work well. But I'm starting to get there anyway.

So if you do look into a smartphone all you really need is one with a decent camera and Wi-Fi. Course that makes the Assumption you have Wi-Fi in your house. If not you know you can transfer photos with the USB chord. For instance I've got an old LG smartphone with a great camera but it's got a buggy front facing camera and buggy audio so it's not worth much of anything. I just use it as a bedside clock radio with a Bluetooth speaker.

Say if you're concerned about having more quantity than you know what to do with. You should look into a main line I do that every once in awhile when I want to a sativa especially but only a couple ounces.

I haven't done any pictures or diaries of mainlining butt Dexter's Lab is on here somewhere and that's a great run down on Main Line.

Basically carefully train your plant to grow 2 4 6 8 colas whatever you want but only colas. So you get nothing but premium top-shelf bud.

Hey we're actually about the same age I hate to admit it but I've got grandkids in college. I will probably be a great grandpa in a few years if I live that long who knows.

Band Of Horses
26-04-16, 07:51 PM
here is the grapefruit cindy99..pics..i'll get photos of the others late tonight...i'm using picassa now and a borrowed camera I know little about...plug usb into camera I have no wi fi...never heard of mainlining...

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 10:13 AM
2 pictures of the top of grapefruit c99

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 10:20 AM
atomic bomb pictures

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 10:23 AM
bubbas gift latest pictures

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 10:31 AM
liberty haze pictures

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 10:40 AM
og kush pictures I might have og kusk and liberty haze mixed up I misplaced my name marker when watering and they both look similar I believe the liberty haze is the tallest of the 2.

Jingo
27-04-16, 03:23 PM
Sorry to take a while getting back to you I've been having a few problems with Tapatalk. Those top down pictures really help specially that very last one that really lets me see some good stuff.

I gotta take the wife out shopping do a few more things then I'm going to get on the computer where I can look at those pictures more up close.

So they look a lot greener than they did and I'm wondering do you have any completely new leaves yet?

Anyway I'll probably look over those pictures and have more info by the time you get home from work or Whatever It Is by 2 o'clock your time.

Band Of Horses
27-04-16, 08:48 PM
ok tks, i'll check back later.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:44 PM
Okay I've been studying your pictures and trying to figure out a way to give you some advice on them.

It seems between my eyesight not being very good and your ability to get pictures not being great we're going to have to be creative.

So what I'll do is I'll do one post for each plant and then if there's questions on that plan you'll be able to quote that post we can just move from there.

As I look things over though it became apparent that the easiest way to train these things and top these things is to get them all about the same size and about as tall as the back of that chair they've been sitting sitting on when you take your pictures.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:47 PM
So let's begin by talking about that Bubba Kush since she's a real easy one. All you really need to do with her is fine and no that's level with the top of the chair on that main top and cut her off just so I don't know a third of an inch above the top of that node. The reason you leave a third of an inch is there's less chance of splitting later on if we do any training. That's really all you need to do with her for now.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:51 PM
Now on the Cindy 99 the top is fine because we already took care of that. The side branches can all be topped at a node closest to the top of that chair. now on the Cindy 99 the top is fine because we are ready took care of that. The side branches can all be talked add a note closest to the top of that chair. So if you have a side branch that extends up like two nodes above the chair then you want to drop down to the one that's closest to the top of the chair.

I don't really like those bottom branches down there in the soil I'm not sure what to do about that maybe you can just kind of move the soil away a little bit and level it out. Those branches really aren't going to grow anything significant usually I remove them but I'm kind of uncomfortable removing them below the level of soil so I don't really know they are we might just leave them in place.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:52 PM
The Google dictation thing is screwing up a little bit on me so some of this may not make sense.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:55 PM
The atomic bomb could be a little bit challenging she's been stretching and has quite a bit of space between the nodes.

But we are going to want to top that main stem right around the top of that chair. The main thing to look for here is the side branches will they have nodes that will allow you to talk them back so they stay below the top of that chair also? Because that's really what we're doing we're using that chair as a guide and finding the nodes on the plant that kind of line up with that.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:57 PM
On the OG Kush it's again the same thing. The main stem right around the top of that chair leave about a third of an inch space when you do that but the node help keep it from splitting. Should be able to top all your side branches without going down extra nodes to stay below the top of the chair.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:57 PM
On the Liberty Haze again the main stem you're going to talk right around the top of that chair and you'll have to back off a note or so on the side branches at least the first couple tall ones up there.

Jingo
27-04-16, 09:58 PM
Now all this stuff is going to be pretty radical to some Growers some it's just standard procedure. But the main thing you need to remember is now that the plans have been transplant and had their Roots all upset and upsetting the top of the plant is going to stimulate hormone production and she's going to really explode over the next 2-3 weeks and then you're going to be going into flower.

Jingo
27-04-16, 10:00 PM
A little bit on Watering your plants the best way to water those fat sax is too poor and about a third of the water that they typically need wait a few minutes.

Then pour in another third wait a few minutes.

Then pour in the last third and the last third you should be pulling out around the edge of the pot so that the pots are getting wet all the way down the sides and there should actually be a little bit of water running off around the pot at the bottom.

I don't know if I've covered that here or not but runoff is important when you're dealing with hot soils especially when you start fertilizing a little bit later.

Jingo
27-04-16, 10:02 PM
Overall those plants are really greened up quite a bit and are looking better in about 10 days or so maybe 2 weeks you probably won't have any of the vegetation on them that they had when we started which is going to be real strange.

The only plants I'm a little concerned about is that send me 99 I don't know about those Red stems looking so skinny might have been some nutrient deficiencies that are going to limit the amount of growth you're going to get out of her in the long run. But I'm sure she still going to help you couple ounces anyway.

Band Of Horses
28-04-16, 09:49 AM
I don't know how to paste quotes, like you do , I'll try to learn it.....I don't know what to do to take better pictures? What improvement would you like to see? Can you send me some samples...and I could try to do it.

Thanks for the watering instructions. I'm not expecting 5 oz per plant with this grow but maybe the second grow (the seeds and bubbas gft) and for sure by the 3rd grow I'd like to be growing in such a way that would make you proud. :)

I'll take care of the cindys branches in the soil by removing soil away and then I'll trim the 2 lowest branches off, and that area will be out of the soil.

Just returned from topping my plants, they had there hair cut, damn hippies anyways.....all of the tops and side branches have been topped to 1 foot tall, that's how high the top of the chair is. They all are even and I like Them. first time I ever topped and I'm glad you helped walk me through it.

I'm very gratefull jingo. I'll keep watering them until flower time, and that's going to be exciting. thanks friend and when do you need some more pics?

Jingo
28-04-16, 09:15 PM
So as far as your pictures go the ones you took from the top down we're better I think because you were simply closer to the plant and fill in the frames are better. Maybe there was a little better light hard to say.

Now there's something about how you upload them to the forum they end up being thumbnails and you're not the only person that has that problem that's real common. I don't know what the solution is though because I use Tapatalk and I don't have that issue.

Now as far as quoting the text that you see on the screen when you're on the website down at the bottom of the panel you'll see quote with reply and then a quotation mark with a plus sign next to it. If you select quote with reply it will quote the entire post automatically and you can just type in something germane to that quote. If you select quote with the plus sign next to it it will actually quote multiple posts and you can comment on each individual post as you go. That's kind of the advanced way to do things it's simpler just to quote the entire post and that's why I was breaking my posts up into smaller posts for each plant.

So as far as future pictures go I would get as close-up as possible filling the whole frame. So I would take one picture straight down on top one from the front as close as you can get and then one showing me a close up of just a leaf or two the new leaves that are growing in.

And you can take those pictures when you get some nice good fresh fan leaves growing in. I mainly want to see what a new fan leaves look like and how the tips are growing in.

Jingo
03-05-16, 01:26 AM
Hey I got to thinking about what kind of light you might be vegging under. Seems like I recall you had 4 foot fluorescent. Those work fine but you'll have to keep them right down on top of those plants like within an inch or two. You may experience a little bit longer veg time. Should be getting some new leaves now though I hope.

Band Of Horses
03-05-16, 07:12 AM
Yeah Veg will be a little longer...because of the florescence bulbs...I'd like to get something better...like the mars 700....I put the moms in the grow tent when hps is on...even then it's not a veg bulb....always improving is part of the goal....

there are some new leaves, I'll get the batteries charged and take some pics tomorrow night....They'll be about a week old after they were toped. possibly the reason for the thumbnails is because when I import pictures from camera to picassa, I don't import a duplicate, I 'm wondering if I upload the duplicate it might not be a thumb nail...I'll give it a try tomorrow night...see what happens...other wise I have to zoom in and zoom out....

had some bad luck with seeds....strawberry amnesia and lemon walker...arnt going to make it....so I planted chocolope kush and mozzarella....I purchased a high quality bag of seed starting mix.....for these two and what else is to follow....well that really sucked...lol

Also, I did 4 clones....bubbas gift ,,lib haze, og kush...and atomic bomb....just in case....

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure if we'll need a sense of humor with these pictures but here goes....

Cindy 99

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 09:44 AM
heres the atomic bomb....not sure if these sizes are different....

Jingo
04-05-16, 09:47 AM
You may be ready to flower already, she looks good.

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 09:58 AM
this is the bubbas gift your mom warned you about....

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 10:01 AM
liberty haze sounds awesome...lighting not so good....right now i'm thinking in the dark with flas might be best so far but not this...

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 10:05 AM
and blimburns psycodelic og kush

Jingo
04-05-16, 01:35 PM
Okay, I really like the way things are going here. I think you could take them into flower right now. You would end up with some plants would be a little over 3 feet tall and some that would be a little over two and a half feet tall probably.

If you want to go into flower I just take them in right now tidy up some of the lower leaves me all those old crinkly ones from before. Then just super crop as you need to keep the canopy level like I could see you doing quite a bit of super cropping with that Cindy overtime.

So let me know what you think about heading into flower you also need to start thinking about staking you know you might need about three or four steaks per plant.

May as well get some pictures of your seedlings and start planning those because really once he hit the veg stage on those the only about five six weeks and you go into flower.

So anyway I think the goal of flowering your mother's and get 2 or 3 ounces out of them would be really easy right now.

Then we'll up your skills a little bit on the new seedlings coming in and you probably will get 5 ounces it depends.

Like I say your pictures have improved a lot I really like those close-ups of the leaves. I can tell your going through a lot of work to get those pictures up. However, the work it takes over time will limit us a bit.

Mainly will just be dealing with more generalities and you'll improve your art a little bit with more experience as we go along.
As opposed to my directing your every move.

Band Of Horses
04-05-16, 03:10 PM
just as well flower them.....will there be enough room to flower the 5 mothers? If so we can do that....if not we'll keep bubbas gft in veg and flower her along with the 3 seeds after the 4 mother grow.........I'll have to plant ....another seed if were able to flower all 5 moms this time.....? or possibly use a clone?

I'll remove bottom leaves....the old krinkly leaves ......I have plant stakes for staking......and we'll plan on super cropping....

not much for seedling pics yet.....sour kosher has sprouted...it's very small.....chocolope kush and mozzarella haven't sprouted yet....if we flower all 5 I'll have to start another seed....probably a cannalope......

My 3 gorilla wrecks and 1 pain killer are the only ones still flowering...everything else has been harvested.....I'm very impressed with gorilla wreck 4....looks killer....

so do we flower the 4 moms now? and save bubba to flower with the 3 seeds that have been started....or do I need to plant another seed...because maybe all 5 moms will fit inside tent and flower all 5 together?

Jingo
04-05-16, 03:12 PM

so do we flower the 4 moms now? and save bubba to flower with the 3 seeds that have been started....or do I need to plant another seed...because maybe all 5 moms will fit inside tent and flower all 5 together?

Four plants in flower would be perfect for your light and your space so yes even bothers gifted be fine. May have to do a little extra fertilizing and flower but that shouldn't be an issue.

Band Of Horses
05-05-16, 06:58 AM
jingo canalope kush and mozzarella came up,,,,,sour kosher....is up. and then theres the bubbas gift, so they will be the next ones after the 4 moms are finished....hows your training day plant doing?

Jingo
05-05-16, 02:12 PM
Yeah my training day and purple la are both coming along real nice. I decided to pop a couple more seeds I haven't done any Indica in awhile so I got a couple Barney's Farm one Vanilla Kush and another kusk I can't remember.

Here's a couple pics

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160505/cbe89b7610ecbcbe863aca523c541961.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160505/7b53b1a4c5028d65a0bdf924ae19ff02.jpg

Band Of Horses
06-05-16, 05:43 AM
awesome....I've looked at the la confidential and some crosses.....but never bought yet...I'm mostly a sativa person as well....but....One sativa I grew last harvest was silver surfer haze....it was a good one....I was doing a 70's theme....had trinity kush....I think both of these strains have been around some where you live....trinity kush was a real upper....kept me up.....all night if I smoked at that time.....

my 3 seedlings are the same size as your 2 seedlings....Pic from above....the 2 on the left....that's the same size as my 3 seeds....I'll take some pics of the moms sunday night....let you see them after I took leaves off them.....didn't take any bottom branches...left all of them....let me know what you think of them..when you see them again....they look nice and green....tks jingo

Jingo
06-05-16, 07:37 AM
You'll have a nice side by side comparison of soil and Coco.

Band Of Horses
07-05-16, 09:35 AM
heres the bubbas gift after leaves were trimed

shes 14" tall and 15" wide

one question about this lady? Since I'm not using her for this grow, will I get more yield from her for vegging her longer or does it matter.....

Band Of Horses
07-05-16, 09:50 AM
shes 22" tall and 22" wide

Band Of Horses
07-05-16, 09:53 AM
liberty haze after trim....16" tall and 20" wide

Band Of Horses
07-05-16, 09:59 AM
atomic bomb after trim...

the middle part of this plant is 13" tall a bottom branch is 17" long...the bottom branches want to be the longest....it's about 18" wide

Band Of Horses
07-05-16, 10:08 AM
this OG kush is 15" tall and 17" wide...

I feel comfortable with the training part and super cropping to keep the canopy the same length...and the staking.....the question I have will there be any trimming or topping left to do..(I don't feel comfortable doing any of that with these plants without your help).....or will we be doing more of that with the seed grow? I'm off to the big city for mothers day Saturday...hope you have a good weekend. I'll be around all day sunday if needed for anything...

Jingo
07-05-16, 04:48 PM
shes 22" tall and 22" wide
I think I'd go ahead and super crop or top those two or three tall Tops on there.

Jingo
07-05-16, 04:49 PM
liberty haze after trim....16" tall and 20" wide
Liberty Haze is nice I think you'll be doing a little thinning on her in about a week.

Jingo
07-05-16, 04:54 PM
atomic bomb after trim...

the middle part of this plant is 13" tall a bottom branch is 17" long...the bottom branches want to be the longest....it's about 18" wide
So on this one we have a couple different choices. First you could Supercrop those long branches. Maybe more than once on each branch. Trying to get them more symmetrical.

Or you could simply remove that long lowest branch that just kind of sticks out there all by itself. And then to top that one tall upper branch and perhaps super cropping in or super crop it twice. Something like that.

We could talk that over a little bit before you start.

As I look at this one again we might want to talk over each of those two branches individually about ways to attack. We wanted to be symmetrical in your tent fit in there without removing too much if we can.

Jingo
07-05-16, 04:56 PM
this OG kush is 15" tall and 17" wide...

I feel comfortable with the training part and super cropping to keep the canopy the same length...and the staking.....the question I have will there be any trimming or topping left to do..(I don't feel comfortable doing any of that with these plants without your help).....or will we be doing more of that with the seed grow? I'm off to the big city for mothers day Saturday...hope you have a good weekend. I'll be around all day sunday if needed for anything...
This one looks good. You will be doing some thinning later on. You will be doing some general removal of leaves and maybe even the smaller branches as your flower so there will be quite a bit of clean up as you go along.

Jingo
07-05-16, 04:57 PM
I hope you enjoy your trip to see your mother I'm being bad this year ask my wife if she sent a card and she said yes I sent electronic cards so so I guess that's it for us. But I only live 10 miles away so we see her too much I think.

Band Of Horses
08-05-16, 07:48 AM
yeah it was good to see her doing very well after 2 surgeries shes 83.....been herself last 3 or 4 days....we went out to eat and set around and watched some tube and chatted some....the detours really made it difficult to get there and back again but made it....i'll look over your notes now see if theres anything to do....

Band Of Horses
10-05-16, 09:41 AM
the sour kosher probably isn't going to make it.....it came up but wasn't growing....so I put it in some better starting mix....but the roots weren't growing....the leaves were green still....but it was small and stunted...I dought it will make it....needs to start rooting more....there were no small hairs just a small main shoot...

...the other chocalope kush and mozzarella are fine...so i'm planting a canalope now in this better seed starter mix.....

I bought some seed starter mix from the dollar store .....and was that a mistake....I really feel stupid....never again.....terrible mix for these types of seeds I do believe....I just lost 3 strains I was really interested in...I kind of felt like taking the blame...but I feel it could be the mix because the one that came up....couldn't even make roots...I have a feeling theres a chemical on it....the other 2 seeds wernt coming up....so after a week I went looking for them.....and found them sprouted but it looked like one had died after wards and the second one I messed with but it to was to far gone and couldn't save it.....I'll be ordering seeds before I know it....oh well.....

one thing I'm doing is I have 5 clones going....they're getting close for transplanting.......just in case....might find a home for some of them... ......

.and I have 2 gorilla wrecks 1 canalope and 1c painkiller that have a little growth on the bottom node. The canalope is in reveg now...it's been harvested....I can put the other 3 in reveg after they're harvested.....just for back up...plus i'm losing to many seeds....

hopefully the can haz will be ok as far as time......I need to grow a larger plant of canalope....because the scrog ones don't really seem exactly the same as the one I had long time ago.....The amazing smell during flower was missing.....and these sog ones didn't have the fox tail like buds which developed towards the end....I'll try it in a large plant...see if It will be comparable...to the one I had before....other wise who knows what it was....

ummmm....As far as the 4 moms go...All I've done new there is super crop the longer stems....

Jingo
11-05-16, 07:19 PM
I've wasted a couple seeds cuz there wasn't any good soil nearby for me to buy and I bought something I was pretty sure wouldn't work. Probably a lot of Growers have.

I sent you a private message be sure and check.

Band Of Horses
12-05-16, 06:43 AM
Already I read ur pvt message....and signed up for it...tk u...

I'm probably going to get a smart phone....then do the tapatalk....the pictures look so much nicer....

All I've done to the plants is bend them....haven't cut anything yet....Can I pinch anything during any of these stages? I'll get some pictures again soon....These gorilla wrecks will give my other plants the space they need after they are harvested....bending the tall branches makes them wider...I believe they all have flowers showing

Jingo
12-05-16, 10:11 AM
Yeah you can pinch or squeeze a little bit too help soften up the stem to bend it over it should develop a nice big knuckle right where you super crop it.

Band Of Horses
13-05-16, 10:22 AM
this is atomic bomb terrible pictures...sorry....this has been flowering for 8 days...has started to bud....anything I need to do to it....?

.this weekend I'm going to get smart phone...and use tapatalk.......hopefully I can take better pictures ....maybe these can be of some help...

all of the pictures coming up are same height pretty much....og kush and liberty haze wonderfull plants for just filling up there area....the plants have nice shapes...

the cindy and the atomic are a different breed.....long bottom branches....wants to spread ....and could easily invade the space of other plants....

Band Of Horses
13-05-16, 10:26 AM
liberty haze....plant grows inside its own space....

Band Of Horses
13-05-16, 10:30 AM
here's Cindy.......cant wait to try her.....should be the earliest one

Band Of Horses
13-05-16, 10:33 AM
og kush is doing well probably....heres some pics...

Jingo
13-05-16, 11:54 AM
Yeah you can pinch or squeeze a little bit too help soften up the stem to bend it over it should develop a nice big knuckle right where you super crop it.

this is atomic bomb terrible pictures...sorry....this has been flowering for 8 days...has started to bud....anything I need to do to it....?

.this weekend I'm going to get smart phone...and use tapatalk.......hopefully I can take better pictures ....maybe these can be of some help...

all of the pictures coming up are same height pretty much....og kush and liberty haze wonderfull plants for just filling up there area....the plants have nice shapes...

the cindy and the atomic are a different breed.....long bottom branches....wants to spread ....and could easily invade the space of other plants....

Probably have to super crop those long branches intro a better shape. Maybe once to get them going up, and then again to level canopy. Sometimes I will do a pinwheel or swastikas when looking down from above.

I've also done things like us a tomatoes cave to keep from spreading out and then train around the top to stay level.

Jingo
13-05-16, 11:56 AM
liberty haze....plant grows inside its own space....
Looking nice! This one will need thinning inside in time as you find which bud sites have the best light.

Jingo
13-05-16, 11:57 AM
here's Cindy.......cant wait to try her.....should be the earliest one
She's looking nice!

Jingo
13-05-16, 11:59 AM
Oh Kush

Gonna be a good yielder! Light popsicle in a week or so.

Jingo
13-05-16, 12:04 PM
Overall looking nice, are your temps and humidity staying OK?

May need bloom nutes in small amounts in about 3-5 weeks? I don't recall what nutes you have.

As the canopy gets dense you'll want at least one fan blowing on top and one below, should oscillate.

Plants are looking nice and healthy!

Band Of Horses
13-05-16, 09:15 PM
I have fox farm nutes....open sesame...beastie bloom ...and ka chink (spell)....

also have stakes but tomato cages might be nice....

humidity level runs a little higher....66% when I turned lights off......Running dehumidifier now.....I do need to brink humidity down a little higher as temps outside are warming up....I have 2 fans ....

Jingo
13-05-16, 09:17 PM
Excellent, everything sounds good then I you won't be ready forn nutes probably for at least 3 weeks but at least we got them in the wings.

Band Of Horses
18-05-16, 12:00 PM
hi jingo the c99 is starting to develop yellow leaves and the liberty Haze is developing some yellow and theres some brown color developing very similar to my nutrient problems before transplant....Are they needing fertilizer now?

no yellow on the other 2 yet....

I've been super cropping and training is all...built wood stake cages for the cindy and the atomic..4 stakes per plant and some wire...my own built cages......the atomic has settled down and isn't spreading as the cindy is....

harvested my gorilla wrecks so all my plants are done and not in the flowering tent any more....the gorilla wrecks in my opinion was top strain..over all the others....but I'm truly enjoying them all.....gw4s are high producers. have some purple color ...nice trichomes....this to me is a top shelf strain

I'm having bad luck with seeds the cannalope haze died....the chocolope and mozzarella....are well....as is the bubba....what I'm thinking now is I have an atomic bomb clone...that might be my best bet for the 4th plant...of this grow....is that ok for you?

Jingo
18-05-16, 01:44 PM
You could feed that Cindy you could give a little bit of grow nutrients and then about three-quarters strength Bloom nutrients. Water that in every other water right or every third water.

Jingo
18-05-16, 01:45 PM
Too bad about the seeds. Clone would be fine for the next grow.

Jingo
18-05-16, 01:47 PM
Would be nice to see some pictures of that Cindy if I could just the affected leaves up close. May also need a touch of calmag.

Band Of Horses
18-05-16, 09:17 PM
ok tonight i'll try to post a pic......

Band Of Horses
19-05-16, 10:50 AM
hi I cant get my pics to upload....I gave back the camera I was using to rightful owner...and the one I have all my images are to large for uploading and I cant figure out how to make them smaller....I can purchase a 50 dollar phone and a 40 dollar a month prepaid card then use tapa talk....I
m working on that....so I cant do anything about pictures now....

I need to improve this picture stuff and my veg room....

the liberty haze is starting to go yellow.....probably should give her same nutrients? they'll need watered tomorrow night thirsty girls they are....well thanks for being patient with my set up....hope your growing is going well...

Jingo
19-05-16, 12:21 PM
You can give small amounts of grow nutes for few more weeks and start your bloom nutes at same time but less than the shedule calls for and every second or third water.

If you buy a smart phone you can use any free Wi-Fi hotspot to upload pictures. You won't need to buy any plans to use it as a camera and upload photos. So you can get one month to get set up and you only buy the pre paid cards when you want to update your phone's software.

Ifranview is a free computer program that will resize photos if you want to use your old camera.

Band Of Horses
22-05-16, 06:38 AM
no luck with piture taking yet.....i'll get that guys camera again....tomorrow.....I was able to upload just single pictures to my album (yellowing leaves) but even thogh it says it was uploaded successfully no photos ever shows up....sorry....pics tomorrow night for sure.

Jingo
22-05-16, 01:00 PM
Okay well you know you do the best you can. Sounds like everything is going okay it's a little early for yellow leaves but that's not to bad with the amount of Pro mix we had to leave in those pots.

Band Of Horses
24-05-16, 08:14 PM
hey jingo I think I made some progress towards resizing my photos...exactly what size and file format should I use.....

just ordered some cal mag on line....nothing around here ....might be a week before delivery...

did a little trimming.....

hope to get some pics going soon....tonight probably

Jingo
24-05-16, 08:17 PM
Your photos have to be under 2 megabytes and should be in the jpeg format. You'd probably be better off keeping them under 1 Megabyte.

If by size you meant dimensions of a picture I think there's a 480 by 640 that's a nice size for the web and would be under to megabyte easy.

Band Of Horses
25-05-16, 02:40 PM
I feel like I've just been put through the camera school from Hell but heres 2 small pics...I tell you I didn't think I'd ever get them out alive....a little undersized but hey....I mean were talking hell and back to get these puppies here... :jawdro

I better get some sleep been working on this awhile ... tonight I have pics of all the plants and how they've been doing....and they'll be the right size

:bump::barmy::dance2::furious:

Jingo
25-05-16, 02:56 PM
Hey congratulations on figuring out the pictures that's a big accomplishment.

So that plant looks like she just a little hungry is all could use a little nitrogen and she can start giving them the blume nutes too.

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 08:59 AM
this will be ready for the fourth of July not completely cured of course....suppose to have red and purple hairs...

jingo what is the name of this method of grow?

Jingo
26-05-16, 09:02 AM
jingo what is the name of this method of grow?
Just topping multiple times and training low. LST

Have you been able to give some nutes? Plants are hungry.

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 09:15 AM
I use to use big grow big bloom and tiger bloom foxfarm and was comfortable and liked it a lot....after I started to grow some weed again....I ordered, open sesame, beastie bloom, and ka ching....but i think I liked the other better....this stuff I have now I believe is for long flowering strains....and I think it is meant to be used along with the first fertlizers I mentioned...open sesame is for preparation to flower and to help set on buds...beastie blooms next....I believe with the short flowering plants I have ka ching isn't as needed...I'm kinda experimenting on how much to use....but I think some of these I'm using right now, they want me to use .25 of a teaspoon each time per gallon...but that's if I was using it along with one of the first 3 I mentioned first...

I'm giving about 1/2 teaspoon of beastie bloom per 2 gallons of water....and when I water plants I give each plant a gallon of this...also in the 2 gallons of water I put about a tablespoon of big grow.....I still had some big grow from previous grow...and I added some molasses because i'm waiting for the cal mag...

any suggestions on the nutrients?

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 09:19 AM
this plant is the earliest finisher...again its out performing others (size of buds) and the best smell of all...the others will catch up lib haze bulks up last 3 weeks ect...i'm going to pick this one the earliest day it says to...

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 09:27 AM
euphoric mental and body high.....stand out smell and taste....potent.....the seeds I bought this last time...chemdog was a main theme for me...so I havre about 3 strains with it in it...cant wait to try it

my seed wish list id like to get from chronic seeds right now is 1. red diesel 2. green crack 3. strawberry blue 4. frutilicious mandella seeds

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 11:23 AM
sorry the first piture of the atomic bomb post is a cindy99....it shows more of her bud formation

when you mentioned topping multiple times..........I take it there wont be no more topping.....for these moms....this grow? They were topped once....

I believed I super cropped a little to much...next time i'll cut back...

It's possible we might have to do some thinning, branch, or leaf removal up ahead....looking forward to seeing how this grow method evolves...it's definitely going to be my go to method...really like it so far...

Jingo
26-05-16, 12:07 PM
No more topping this grow. Too bad you don't have a little bit of that grow or some kind of nitrogen because those girls won't get their full potential without the nitrogen to allow them to build up the structure for the buds.

But they're still going to get better than your SOG method was doing. Going forward as you get into next couple of grows you'll be timing your repotting better and you won't be running the deficiencies you have now.

I doubt you're going to have to do any thinning and I know it's easier for you to tell from where you're at. I think you're right on the super cropping I was honestly expecting them to stretch a little bit more. Maybe it was the N deficiency that limited the stretch. Perhaps you'll experience more stress on your next grow when you're starting from seed all the way through.

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 01:12 PM
I have the fox farm big grow.....which is for veg......would that be a good nitrogen.....they've had some twice....already....plan to increase fertilizer trying to increase slowly at first.

yeah its to bad we lost picture communication for awhile there. some of these plants are fairly wide and have some long branches but yeah probably wont see the large harvest this time around.

but learning a lot tks

Jingo
26-05-16, 01:23 PM
Hey I just had a bit of an idea if you still have some of that Fox Farm soil around and there's room in the top of those pots you could top dress with some of that soil that might give you enough nitrogen to kind of help boost things a little bit for you.

Band Of Horses
26-05-16, 09:42 PM
alright will add some soil when watering to night....

Band Of Horses
29-05-16, 02:25 AM
jingo the cal mag is here....i'll add some tonight when I water.....thinking about holding back....on ferts.....gave them a fairly good dose last watering.....

I never did top the bubbas gift....I'll send pic of her tonight as well as the two plants from seed and a clone..for this next grow......bubbas gift can take cindy 99s place...in about 30 days....

Jingo
29-05-16, 03:14 AM
You can also foliar feed that Cal Mag about a quarter teaspoon to a quart of water with a couple drops of dishwashing liquid. Put that in a spray bottle and spray it on if you want to do it that way.

Band Of Horses
29-05-16, 10:18 PM
heres a few pics of the cheese and choc. kush and liberty haze clone. they could probably be transplanted any time....do I put them in 3 gal felt pots yet? with the fox farm soil?

Band Of Horses
29-05-16, 10:21 PM
cant remember if its been topped but I believe it was once......it will take the place of cindy 99 in about 30 days what do I do with her. shes a little tall....

Jingo
29-05-16, 11:14 PM
heres a few pics of the cheese and choc. kush and liberty haze clone. they could probably be transplanted any time....do I put them in 3 gal felt pots yet? with the fox farm soil?
I'd repot all but that one in the Styrofoam cup that one could follow in a week or two probably. The big thing with this method is the first sign of the deficiency soon as I start to go pee a little bit then you repot.

Jingo
29-05-16, 11:15 PM
cant remember if its been topped but I believe it was once......it will take the place of cindy 99 in about 30 days what do I do with her. shes a little tall....
You could pinch off all the growing Tops on that one if you want that would cause her to really push out and you would get a lot more colas when your flower.

Band Of Horses
30-05-16, 09:22 AM
hi I topped the growing tops and super cropped the bubba it turned out ok....

I made clones from the four tops.....

the 2 seedling plants i'll wait to transplant....transplanted the liberty haze clone.....the bubba is in a 5 gal pot.....she wont get any kind of transplant again will she?

4 flowering plants still need to be greener but feel like we have it in control now

Jingo
30-05-16, 09:31 AM
The bubba is good in the 5, just need to watch for when she needs nutes it will be early in flower or just before.

Band Of Horses
31-05-16, 03:02 PM
jingo I've been looking at seeds dr chronic...I keep getting a certificate error....notification....telling me the websight is unsafe.........there must be some kind of virus or hackers or something....have you heard of this before.....

I'm following your outside grow....I have to have some banana weed lol......actually I'd like to grow some....their trueberry sounds good to....

Jingo
31-05-16, 03:20 PM
jingo I've been looking at seeds dr chronic...I keep getting a certificate error....notification....telling me the websight is unsafe.........there must be some kind of virus or hackers or something....have you heard of this before.....

I'm following your outside grow....I have to have some banana weed lol......actually I'd like to grow some....their trueberry sounds good to....
Long as you see this in front of the website address before you check out your safe HTTPS that bit let you know you have a secure connection.

It's not uncommon for websites to have old certificates and for some browsers to flag websites that have to do with buying paraphernalia in seeds and such.

Jingo
03-06-16, 05:50 PM
Everything going okay dude?

Band Of Horses
04-06-16, 07:44 AM
yeah it is tks for asking, just watching things grow....watering tonight will add some cal mag skip the nutes this time around. They're looking good. Canapy is same height...

bubbas gift showing some new growth after this last topping. I noticed some rolly pollies tonight will have to get rid of some tonight. Haven't bought the bug juice you told me about yet, no nats or anything yet. just some rolly pollies...

liberty haze clone looking great....likes the fox farm soil...growing...still haven't transplanted two seedlings waiting another week probably....had some pics I tried to download last night of the 5 plants but forgot to size them so they didn't upload, but mainly with the cheap camera I have, I may wait till they have more bud to send some pics of them....unless you may need to see them....

over all.... this way of growing is great to me...already like on the cindy 99 I have more bud on 1 branch than I did a whole plant with that sog....so way better...hope all is well for you....... I don't think i'll vote for plant of the month, but good luck....i'm just watching...iron mike has a few votes good for him...

Jingo
04-06-16, 01:08 PM
Yeah things are going real well here I'm busy as can be working a lot outside as well as trying to Wine down my indoor gardens for the summer.

Those rolly pollies must be what we used to call potato bugs or pill bugs get you touch them and they roll up in a ball.

Once you got a couple Cycles under your belt growinh this way you'll probably have so much weed on hand you'll start to grow less plants and experiment with more training methods.

Band Of Horses
04-06-16, 10:08 PM
I didn't realize you closed shop and do outside growing during summer.....that ought to be some huge plants.....

I have some diple dust for outdoor vegetable garden, probably not good to use for marijuana plants?

when I first started growing I tried to do some outside plants by a river but the deer ate them....other wise no outside here....

Jingo
04-06-16, 10:12 PM
Yeah I'm just kind of experimenting with outdoor this year it's going to be real hard though in these parts I'm going to have to find a way to cool those pots as it gets way too hot summer.

Band Of Horses
06-06-16, 09:07 AM
I transplanted the chocolope kush and mozzarella to 3 gal felt bags, using foxfarm soil. They seemed like they needed it. There not very big. 5 to 6 inches...I'm wondering if I shouldn't start 2 more seeds for these two.....? These two seeds are behind.....

and instead use my bubba gift 5 gal pot , liberty haze clone 3 gal pot, and I have an atomic bomb clone 3 gal pot and og kush clone 3 gal pot....they are bigger and probably more ready to go... ....These 4 plants I think should go next.....

and then the seed grow.......will be next....glad I made some clones cause other wise we'd be behind, from losing earlier seedlings....

want any pics?

Jingo
06-06-16, 11:17 AM
I transplanted the chocolope kush and mozzarella to 3 gal felt bags, using foxfarm soil. They seemed like they needed it. There not very big. 5 to 6 inches...I'm wondering if I shouldn't start 2 more seeds for these two.....? These two seeds are behind.....

want any pics?

I've kind of lost track of the new plants with all the substitutions. What kind of training have you done so far on the new ones?

Ideally they would be topped between node 3 and 5, then again after every 3 nodes for two or three total toppings. That would give you 8 tops or main colas and keep a bush s style.

If you are happy with your plants in flower and it's not too much frustration some pics of the new ones would be good

Band Of Horses
06-06-16, 06:24 PM
new plants......bubbas gift been topped twice.....so far.....liberty haze clone.....nothing done yet....has about 6 nodes.......atomic bomb and og kush clone.....about 4 nodes....

I understand when and how to top now.....

I'll get pics of flowering plants......4 moms......tonight.......and pics of the cheese and chocolope kush....(started from seeds)... and pictures of the atomic bomb og kush and liberty haze and bubbas gift.....

the pics can help us decide whether the cheese and choc kush can be used or if I should go with the clones...atomic bomb and og kush instead....because vthey're farther along

Band Of Horses
07-06-16, 11:04 AM
the cindy has abouit 3 weeks and the rest about 4 weeks till harvest....

Jingo
07-06-16, 11:12 AM
Nice level canopy, nice bud floppage? Good use if space, are you keeping good air flow?

Looks good!

Band Of Horses
07-06-16, 11:49 AM
yes the air flows good have fan for the bottom and an incoming fan for the top....

I'm having problems uploading more pics....will call it a night but heres some specs....on the new plants....there are six choices.....

1. bubbas gift....been vegging awhile...twice topped....will probably top some more as it's waiting to on the others to be ready for flower....I'd like to flower them all at once...that way I can shove the next 4 plants in and let them finish vegging in the grow tent....together until they're all ready at the same time...

2. Liberty haze clone...9" tall by 12" wide... this plant has 7 nodes ...and hasn't been topped yet...is in 3 gal felt pot....enjoying the fox farm....

3. atomic bomb clone....8" tall by 10" wide...it has 6 to 7 nodes....hasn't been topped yet....is in 3 gal felt pot....

4. og kush....,.6" tall by 8" wide...has 4 nodes......

I'm thinking this might be the best for the next 4 to be flowered and wait on the cheese and chocalope kush...

I can add a blue dream and cannalope get them started...I feel the curse.....then I'll have 4 plants started from seed.....

jingo do you know if dr chronic or any of the other seed banks take a prepaid visa card? I found out this last time I ordered seeds from someplace else I had to send cash...might have to do it again...send cash...? any ways it will be awhile but I do want to order again....

5. chocolope kush....just barely 4 nodes....this plant is about 4 inches tall....it's just been transplanted to a 3 gal felt pot fox farm soil....it should start to perk up....i'm still lacking in the veg area for lights...

6. mozzarella....barely 4 nodes same height 4"...has just been transplanted recently to 3 gal felt pot fox farm soil....

should we save back the 2 seeds, and use the clones?

I'll try to get some pics of the rest tomorrow....

Jingo
07-06-16, 11:55 AM
I'll study these a bit and get back to you later today so you go ahead and get some rest.

Jingo
08-06-16, 01:18 AM
Yeah I think I'd go with those first four clones that you were planning on. You know I haven't tried ordering seeds with a prepaid Visa I don't know if you have a security code and then sometimes you use a PC have to go through an extra security thing which is kind of a pain. I did order from Marys seeds using PayPal.

You seem to be doing okay with clones you can always just clone from the seedlings that you've got started and save your seeds. So you would have two of each strain for grow number 3?

Jingo
09-06-16, 01:01 PM
Sunday the 17th works for me, I'm in Washington state. Think I'm a couple hours after you do time works fine.

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 05:49 AM
this last message might of been meant for someone else.

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 07:24 AM
here are some pics of liberty haze clone.....3 gal felt pots shes probably ready to be topped. have not done it yet

and the cord needs to be off the ground....

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 07:29 AM
heres atomic bomb......clone....I really like the small thin sativa type leaves...allows lots of sunlight throughout the plant....no thinning leaves as far as I can see...when these plants mature....

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 07:31 AM
this is the smalest clone but it about ready to be topped soon....

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 07:40 AM
these two seedling will go with the third grow....I have 4 bubba gift clones newly started last time the mom was topped....might use these two seedlings choc. kush and cheese along with 2 bubba gifts on the third grow...

I think the pot with the pen in it is the chocolope kush

Band Of Horses
10-06-16, 07:59 AM
this girl is my favorite or number 1 plant I'm growing since starting again.....

I was moving the branches around some and smelled my hands and it smelled so good...pina calada cocanut or something and possible bubble gun smell added to it....this might be the nicest plant I've ever smelled before.....

long veg cycle but short flowering.....will show some purple color on buds....evening smoke for relaxation, and cerebral social high...stress reliever and anxiety..

its a pure indica....

Jingo
10-06-16, 10:57 PM
Sunday the 17th works for me, I'm in Washington state. Think I'm a couple hours after you do time works fine.
I've been trying to figure this out I must have been looking at an Old Post something to do with Tapatalk.

Jingo
10-06-16, 11:01 PM
this girl is my favorite or number 1 plant I'm growing since starting again.....

I was moving the branches around some and smelled my hands and it smelled so good...pina calada cocanut or something and possible bubble gun smell added to it....this might be the nicest plant I've ever smelled before.....

long veg cycle but short flowering.....will show some purple color on buds....evening smoke for relaxation, and cerebral social high...stress reliever and anxiety..

its a pure indica....

What strain is that? Sounds like something I'd like to grow.

I have to tell you the plants are looking good this time around, you should see you're yield pick up.

Jingo
10-06-16, 11:02 PM
Btw pictures are looking much better! Sorry you have so much trouble with them.

Band Of Horses
11-06-16, 08:15 AM
I saw some better pictures this time around as well. I was taking them with flash in the dark but this time around there wasw some more light and not6 as much darkness. but asnyways I see an improvement to...From now on i'm deleting all photos from camera, and from my albums and photos....each time I take new pics....that way less confusion and I can find them much easier less clutter....

the plant your asking about is bubbas gift.....god bud crossed with bubbas kush.....makes bubbas gift....there are pictures of it with this last photo session ....it's the one i'm most interested in....hope you get some I
've only read good things about it...

Jingo
11-06-16, 09:59 AM
I think I've got some pre 98 Bubba bubba's gift from Humboldt Seeds. I went to pop one of them and it didn't even crack after 36 hours soaking in water then I put it in coco and it never came up at all. That's something that's really rare for me and I was kind of discouraged I tried another another strain which came up really well.

Band Of Horses
11-06-16, 11:04 AM
the bubbas gift that has the tropical smell the one i'm growing (free seed) is a cross between pre 98 bubba kush and a gods gift.....by Humboldt seeds....now I see where some are saying it has a little sativa in it....it can be a day time or evening smoke ect....relaxation and also active and creative...not really a couch lock or sleepy one..the smell I believe will be outstanding..requires carben filter...we'll see hope you can grow some if you want

i'm going to look through these notes and read about the topping and will go down stairs and do it....some are ready...not real sure how to train it into 8 stems yet ....but will keep a heads up on that idea don't want to miss learning it....might be able to see it myself? off to the basement....

Band Of Horses
15-06-16, 02:05 PM
plants are doing good. watered everything tonight. Did some topping...looked over all the plants..

I just transplanted a grapefruit cindy clone to black pot with foxfarm....I think it can be monster cropped....because it was already flowering...and I revegged it...

clones do well in this basement...i'm finding out.....when I grew before upstairs couldn't get a clone to grow....I think seeds might grow in the basement with the warmer weather...

I staked the bubba gift mom and toped tonight might be last time...

finding great seeds at marys and its nice cause I can order 1 seed if I want..have a nice day jingo

Jingo
15-06-16, 04:18 PM
I bet you're right down in the basement probably gives you just about perfect humidity with summer time and dry anywhere else. I know I have a concrete floor which really helps my growing in the middle of summer.

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 09:50 AM
atomic bomb latest pics43 days after flip pics not so good

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 09:59 AM
43 days after flip liberty haze.....shes always been a little yellow could be from in the beginning had to much fert....when they started needing fertilized after flower when leaves were turning yellow....but been gentle with it scince but still a little yellow,,, has has cal mag and gro bid along with the beastie bloom...not sure if shell ever get real green

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 10:06 AM
43 days after flip....heres some floppage, she still has about 12 days left to harvest...gave her nutes tonight as she was watered along with the rest....of the plants tonight...

I'm thinking of giving her no more ferts and only water and flushing the rest of the way what do you suggest jingo?

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 10:09 AM
43 days after flip still growing....

Jingo
18-06-16, 01:16 PM
They all look a bit hungry, but I'd rather have you be "gentle" than hit them to hard.

You have good bud development, when they flop your getting solid buds.

Your going to be swimming in bud real soon! Will you have help smoking?😃

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 02:17 PM
I'd share with you for sure but I live somewhere else....I smoke mainly by my self but I have 4 or 5 people I sometimes get stoned with....someone turned me on to some Durban poison last night. I really try to not advertise this hobby, not everyone thinks pot smoking is good....ect..so I think 99 percent of the people in this town don't even know I smoke...i'm not from here...because I grow I don't socialize with my weed much. but lets stock up because I may not have a place to grow some day I rent...

but I'd like to maybe grow through the winter...and get maybe 4 or 5 grows in....stock up let cure...

and when I have to much I can try some different methods.....

i'm happy with my plants...I mainly use to let my plants veg to a foot or so and just flower trying to get an ounce or more...

tks jingo

Jingo
18-06-16, 02:35 PM
I have so much weed that I actually have to throw it out my garbage. But being in a completely legal State I can only have two pounds on hand at a time. At least starting July 1st that's my limit.

I love that Durban Poison I think I'm going to grow some outdoors next year. I think we're about the same age and and those old sativas or more like what I remember smoking back in the sixties and seventies.

Band Of Horses
18-06-16, 02:42 PM
the og kush and atomic bomb pis are turned around.....ooops....you can see the smaller leaves on the atomic.....sunlight gets through the plant more

Band Of Horses
23-06-16, 08:23 AM
hi jingo hope ur fine....reread your outdoor grow. hope things are going well....how is your training day coming along, I bet that's going to be a good one..

well here's my update.

my cindy99 had some brown trichs already. and its been 48 days. She could easily be picked now but I fertilized 2 days ago, tomorrow I might be watering the plants again....I plan to give it a good flushing tomorrow. How would you suggest me finish this cindy....the fertilizing is over now...I thought I was going to have at least....8 days to flush and clean up the chemicals (organic)...but its been 2 days and can be picked now....theres not a lot of brown trichs but enough to be close to 10% possibly...can I give it a flush every night, starting tomorrow? And for how many days to get the impurities out of the plant and soil...how do you flush your plants or can you send me a link....

when I remove the cindy I"ll have room to put the three clones and the 2 plants started from seed in the grow tent while the light is on...to speed up the veg process while waiting for others to be harvested....maybe in a month I'll be ready to flower...the bubbas gift has been vegging ever scince I started my sog grow that's done now...

Can we mark that grow off as completed?

I did a little more topping....the cheese and the chocolope kush, are topped for first time tonight. it's possible they could be used this grow....these are big growing bushes..

.the liberty haze, atomic bomb, and og kush grow more like an indica smaller and it might not hurt to give them a longer veg life...

Band Of Horses
23-06-16, 09:57 AM
I finished checked the trichs on all the plants except the liberty haze...and the atomic bomb, og kush have brown tricks as well....man these are early...the cindy is probably the one I need to pick first then og kush then atomic....im going to look around and see how to flush just to make sure how to do it...appreciate any advice....

Band Of Horses
23-06-16, 10:46 AM
just read about flushing....and I really like what I read.....it said "plants at the beginning window of harvest should be flushed for 2 weeks...these three plants are at the perfect time to flush for 2 weeks...so it sounds perfect according to him and I'd like to try it.....so I can flush for two weeks without ferts....and it will not get overripe in this time...but should bring out more production....smoother smoke.....so that's what I want to do. Do I get an ok on this way of flushing?

Jingo
23-06-16, 02:20 PM
Kind of busy today I think later this afternoon I'll read through these more thoroughly and tell you what I'm thinking.

Jingo
23-06-16, 06:42 PM
Sorry it's taking me so long to reply I had to read through things a bit.

I'd like to make sure that when you're looking at the trichomes that you're looking at those that are on the bud and not on the leaves. The ones on the leaves can to show Amber very early. Also it's a good idea to see how many clear trichomes you have to get an idea.

So if you're looking into your bud and you're seeing all cloudy trichomes then you should be flushing. If you're looking into your bud and you're seeing some clear you may still want to flush.

If you're looking for a little bit of a couch lock then you want to flush when the trichomes deeper in the bud are cloudy. You also want to make sure you don't have any clear trichomes when you start to flush.

If you don't really want the couch lock then you want to start your flush when your trichomes are partly clear but mostly cloudy.

So if you decide you have time to do a full two-week flush then all you really have to do is water one time heavily and then water normally with clear water for the two weeks.

If you decide you don't have time to do a whole 2 weeks flush. Then what you should do is put the plant in the bathtub and run a bunch of water through the soil to flush out all the fertilizers in the soil. And then chop when you have to chop.

Jingo
23-06-16, 06:42 PM
I really need to update my outdoor diary and my indoor diary for that matter. I'm just been so darn busy lately.

Band Of Horses
23-06-16, 09:22 PM
I really need to update my outdoor diary and my indoor diary for that matter. I'm just been so darn busy lately.

no problem...

Band Of Horses
24-06-16, 10:18 AM
checked trichs again....took from the bud.....not much difference....liberty haze probably needs another week.....before flush....

it will be interesting to see how they do with just water from now on....for 2 weeks......flushed the three but not lib haze...

I guess I can check the trichs anytime.....and see how the amber keeps developing....might have to harvest one? Before the two weeks are up....it would probably be the Cindy...this Cindy is a beautiful plant for 100 percent sativa....it can be topped...finishes 55 days....consistent sweet grapefruit smell through out the grow....high yielder....sticky but not over white with trichs....

Jingo
24-06-16, 10:35 AM
I may have to try the Cindy.

Band Of Horses
24-06-16, 10:42 AM
I'm wondering about something? If I take a young plant and let it grow to 10 nodes lets say. And lets say "I remove the bottom four branches, leaves, from node areas and keep the top 6 nodes, and then top it, would this give me a bigger stronger more high yielding plant, because its using the upper branches instead of the lower?

and I have a drain in the basement with a water hose so I can flush through a lot of water into the pot if ever needed glad I don't need the bath tub...

Jingo
24-06-16, 01:06 PM
I often end up doing something like that usually it's my plants grow larger I take off the smaller branches at the bottom. So that is really kind of my style is growing in a lot of respects.

Good way to go if you're using plums and you want to take your clothes off the main growing tip.

Band Of Horses
01-07-16, 09:39 AM
a small update on the plants and flushing...been watering with plain water starting 9 days ago, trying to give each plant 2 weeks worth of reg water....

Today is day 55 for cindy 99....time to chop...chop...but I'm thinking of giving her a few more days....the og kush is a 55 to 60 day and it is showing some amber...but I'm thinking of giving her a few more days as well....I did cut some smaller branches..the lower inferior bud, for this week end and I cut a couple of branches from the og, not to much tho....also for this weekend....they wont have much of a cure though...but I'm out now of all weed to smoke and this is what's next....

atomic bomb has possibly 2 more weeks....I'll keep giving it regular water...and the liberty haze might need two more weeks....the buds on it are starting to spiral or fox tail some, I think it needs 2 more weeks...

I'm thinking if liberty haze bulks up in the last three weeks, and a person wants to do a 2 week flush, The yield may not be as much compared to fertilizing to the end...with no flush....so maybe a late yielder isn't so good if a person wants to flush for 2 weeks...maybe less yield but bud should be a smooth smoke...

there hasn't been much smell to the og kush, liberty haze...... the atomic has some diesel and mint or whatever.., wonder if that could have something to do with chemdog being in each one...anyways I believe they will have a welcomed high...I'm letting these flower a little longer than I normally do....can't wait to see the body affect...the cindy is mostly cloudy some clear and some amber, I'll take pics of her buds before She's harvested...there good size....for me....

hope you have a nice 4th jingo....

Jingo
01-07-16, 04:23 PM
I did cut some smaller branches..the lower inferior bud, for this week end and I cut a couple of branches from the og, not to much tho....also for this weekend....

Should be real good!

.the buds on it are starting to spiral or fox tail some, I think it needs 2 more weeks...

Might need to reduce temps to stop foxtail.

I'm thinking if liberty haze bulks up in the last three weeks, and a person wants to do a 2 week flush, The yield may not be as much compared to fertilizing to the end...with no flush....so maybe a late yielder isn't so good if a person wants to flush for 2 weeks...maybe less yield but bud should be a smooth smoke...

May be a good strain for coco. Less flush time

there hasn't been much smell to the og kush, liberty haze...... the atomic has some diesel and mint or whatever.., wonder if that could have something to do with chemdog being in each one...

Most of what I like head the Chem/diesel smell.

hope you have a nice 4th jingo...

My quotes may be funky, you have a nice fourth too. Sounds like you'll get a decent harvest!

Band Of Horses
02-07-16, 11:17 AM
I didn't know foxtailing is bad....a long time ago I had a plant that had some foxtails and at a different forum someone told me that was good bud when it did that?

Jingo
02-07-16, 01:48 PM
I didn't know foxtailing is bad....a long time ago I had a plant that had some foxtails and at a different forum someone told me that was good bud when it did that?
The foxtails never develop properly so the trichomes are always going to be different than the rest of your bud I mean it's just about impossible to to plan your Harvest to get the right color trichomes.

If you process you can just trim off the foxtails and keep the bud around the center and they're pretty much like what you normally would smoke. Then you just process your foxtails however you normally process your trim.

Jingo
02-07-16, 01:50 PM
You do seem to end up with a very large quantity of weed when you have foxtails and that might be why the guy in there forum liked that. But I don't think most Growers care for them too much.

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 11:51 AM
heres the last pics of cindy 99.....will harvest in a day or so...

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 11:59 AM
ready for harvest, not prettiest, smaller yield but happy to have some

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 12:03 PM
maybe another week until this one might be ready....not the biggest yield but think it will be awesome...

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 12:07 PM
a week or 2 left till harvest....might be a good yielder....like the cindy...

Jingo
03-07-16, 12:08 PM
Looks like you got some nice floppy buds there! That Cindy looks like she's getting pretty big. Imagine once you grow right from the start potting up just as they start to look a little hungry you're going to really see some yield increases.

PS my auto is doing well in this month's comp :cool:

Jingo
03-07-16, 12:11 PM
F****** autocorrect said fluffy buds instead of floppy. Jeeze

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 12:14 PM
now I can focus on the next plants ...am going to see my mom again today, will go through my plants in veg to see which ones will be transplanted in 5 gallon pots...when I get back...I won't transplant the 3 chosen ones to 5 gal pots, until they look hungry right? just keep vegging them till they need transplanted ....sounds good

I'll chop the cindy and og kush when I get back tonight...

hope I've been topping ok....and I can put these under the good light...for at least 12 hours...hopefully to bring them up to snuff and begin to flower...peace

Jingo
03-07-16, 12:34 PM
Hey enjoy your visit with your mom.

I'm so excited a couple of my sons and said they're going to come home to see their mom and it's going to be the first time in about 3 years. Course they've been staying away because they're afraid to make her sick and kill her but to still be good to have them.

Being a father I understand sons and it doesn't bother me so much that I don't see them but it pisses me off that their mother doesn't see them.

Band Of Horses
03-07-16, 02:16 PM
cool hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th....I tried entering my cindy today but I see now where the voting had begun...already....your auto looks fantastic.....looks like some good competition....can't wait to enter my bubbas gift....its been vegging so long have to name her Bubbas Grandmother.....suppose to be a high yielder....

Jingo
16-07-16, 12:27 AM
Well it's been a while but the website's finally back up again. I imagine by now you've harvested all the plants you had in flower and have probably done some repotting and perhaps even started some more in flower?

Anyway I'm sure you're probably doing okay. I ended up getting a total of 13.2 ounces off of that Autoflower of mine. I may switch to autoflowers almost exclusively I don't know.

Cheers

Band Of Horses
16-07-16, 09:09 AM
Hi 13.2 oz off your auto....my goodness....I think I was just becoming aware of your auto when thctalk went down...dang dude...i'll look for your grow...

my plants are harvested, I like all the weed...its in jars now...they had good flushes....lib haze maybe 4 oz yielded the most...then cindy.3 oz.atomic bomb and og kush maybe 2 oz each....good strong highs so far....smooth...

I have transplanted 3 plants to 5 gal pots. july 12th... cheese, choc kush, and lib haze clone...they need to veg longer.....my bubas gift the 4th plant will stay vegging until the others are ready to flower....nothings in flower right now.....I think bubba was ready to go along time ago...not much growth any more...

I fertilized bubbas gift for first time 3 days ago, looked like it needed some nutrition...its been potted for a long time....would there be any reason to repot it again, before it goes into flower...I can see almost a month in veg still....waiting on the others.....I think my seeds dieing on me has set me back a month....plus veg room lighting as well....

glad were back, I've been checking everyday....I need to look around a bit....try and catch up....

Band Of Horses
17-07-16, 08:17 AM
jingo what do you feel like doing? I believe I've learned the basics...and this grow is done now.....do you still want to do any type of mentoring for the next grow?.....start another thread or something? .....or should I just chime in on you from time to time.....with questions when they occur?

the next grow is bubbas gift, mozzarella, chocolope kush, and liberty haze clone....still need vegging, think I'll go down and look at them.....see what they need....

Jingo
17-07-16, 02:15 PM
jingo what do you feel like doing? I believe I've learned the basics...and this grow is done now.....do you still want to do any type of mentoring for the next grow?.....start another thread or something? .....or should I just chime in on you from time to time.....with questions when they occur?

the next grow is bubbas gift, mozzarella, chocolope kush, and liberty haze clone....still need vegging, think I'll go down and look at them.....see what they need....
How about we do this. We consider this grow completed successfully. That way you get your new bling.

Then you just start up a normal journal for your next grow give me a link and I will sub up. That way other people will be allowed to comment and you'll probably find Folk's will be asking you questions and stuff.

That way we can keep on going until we watch you get 5 ounces per plant :)

Band Of Horses
17-07-16, 09:37 PM
alright I'll start a grow journal and give you a link....thanks for the lessons....and for helping, tks jingo:guitar::rvmp::smiliegojerkit::dj::omg:

Band Of Horses
17-07-16, 10:13 PM
the new thread is............. bubbas gift chocolope kush liberty haze mozzarella soil grow...its in the general grow diary section....I'll get some pics of the 4 plants in veg.....