PDA

View Full Version : Oops I think i dried my buds too quick.. what now??

fairlyliquid
15-09-09, 06:32 PM
Hi

We put the buds in a cupboard over a central heating boiler to dry without realising how warm it would get in there! The heating was mainly off as its still quite warm here.

However it must have got quite warm in there early mornings so now after about 3 days the buds are very crispy and it smells like a hay meadow in there.

So is there anything i can do first aid wise to them now? They should be going in jars later tonight once ive had a chance to have a decent look at them.

Im thinking this is gonna be some harsh smoke lol so any advice would go down well :)

Everyone's bud!
15-09-09, 06:34 PM
Try putting them in jars and opening for an hour or so a day for about a week. If there's moisture left in the bud that may help? Good luck dude.

The Green Man
15-09-09, 07:23 PM
you could try putting them in jars and adding a little bit of orange peel to the jar, the buds should suck up the moisture and some of the orange flavour

Tay
15-09-09, 07:39 PM
yeah, they should get a bit of their smell back after a while in jars. have you tried smoking any yet? what temp is it that thc starts rapid degrading again? think it's like 80 degrees C or something, d'you think temps exceeded that?

fairlyliquid
15-09-09, 08:27 PM
yeah, they should get a bit of their smell back after a while in jars. have you tried smoking any yet? what temp is it that thc starts rapid degrading again? think it's like 80 degrees C or something, d'you think temps exceeded that?

I'd hope it didnt exceed 80 deg C! i think the fire safety cutout in there is 60. Id guess it could get up to 35-40 tops in there.

also I like the orange peel idea above thanks for that will try that with a couple of jars :)

Tetra
15-09-09, 08:30 PM
Personally i dont think its a problem with potency, some advice on decarboxylating at 110C or more for hours to get more potent weed. However the terpenes dissapear with heat so the smell and taste is not as good. Some even say the terpenes is part of the effect of smoking. But i'd say, put in some fresh leaf from cannabis or as they said some orange peal in the curing jars and let the buds suck up the moisture, then remove it and cure as normally would. Good luck, sure it will be smokable and potent :)

nooby_dr_green_thumb
16-09-09, 11:45 AM
my grapefrui did the exact same

dried out too quick
still wrecks you but tastes like shit and not very good smell

fairlyliquid
16-09-09, 08:57 PM
Well its all gone in two big flip jars now. I put a piece of orange peel in the one and left the other.

had to have a quick smoke in the name of science and was quite suprised as it goes. still got some of that stickyness and the smell when you break it up and wasnt that harsh. 2 spliff on it eems to have the desired effect because im struggling with punctuation a bit.
so here hoping, thanks for all the advice :)