PDA

View Full Version : cloning chillies

The_Hunter
24-09-09, 12:30 PM
right, iv tryed about 10 times to clone one of my chillie plants. it just does not want to clone.

this is what i do

take a small cutting with no more then 3 medium leafs
dip the stem in water
shake off most water
dip it in rooting harmones
mkae a hole with a pencil in my proagation box
place clone in soil
put lid on clone box
but under CFL for 24 hours for 2 weeks

no iv done this with a tomato clone and it worked very well

please help

The_Hunter
25-09-09, 07:47 PM
17 views and 0 replies
come on guys

dj #
25-09-09, 08:21 PM
can they even be cloned?
not all plant life is clonable

The_Hunter
25-09-09, 11:46 PM
can they even be cloned?
not all plant life is clonable

im not sure
hmmm

Tay
25-09-09, 11:57 PM
i'm assuming i can link to a post in a gardening forum? here (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0116073514803.html) they talk about cloning chillies, apparently you want to clone the young shoots rather than than the thicker woodier parts.

The_Hunter
26-09-09, 12:01 AM
i'm assuming i can link to a post in a gardening forum? here (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0116073514803.html) they talk about cloning chillies, apparently you want to clone the young shoots rather than than the thicker woodier parts.

cheers tay!!

so anyone tryed this

tomato clone like a bitch, all you have to do is sneeze on them and root are growing every where!

Tay
26-09-09, 12:03 AM
nah the only time i tried to clone my chillies was with air layering which was an epic fail haha. are your chillies still fruiting?

anyway, hope you manage to get some to root.

The_Hunter
26-09-09, 12:06 AM
nah the only time i tried to clone my chillies was with air layering which was an epic fail haha. are your chillies still fruiting?

anyway, hope you manage to get some to root.

ish lol well they have kinda stopped i only get about 5 off it each year!
it was saves from B&Q was 50p and one leaf on it now its about a foot high and 2 years old.

its some sort of afican birdseye, it blows the tits off me.

THOMAS CHONG
23-11-09, 04:58 PM
ive just taken two cuttings, chopped some of the new shoots left them in a glass of rain water for a few hours then left in some organic rooting gel then i put them in the same pot as ther mum (tabasco) so we shall c pics if they root fingers x cheers THOMAS CHONG